|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Watson moved?
(a) Portugal Place
(b) Fish place
(c) Clare College
(d) Cambridge College
2. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(b) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(c) Field responsible for making crystals
(d) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
3. In what year did the author meet Crick?
4. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(b) Max Perutz
(c) Francis Crick
(d) James Watson
5. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(b) Nothing, he stopped working altogether
(c) Helix structures
(d) His PhD thesis
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Rosy felt about Watson and Crick's ideas?
3. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
4. What shape was Watson trying to prove TMV was?
5. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)