|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
2. What did Watson believe caused the medical condition from which he was suffering?
(a) Pressure from his PhD program
(b) Too much work
(c) Worry over DNA
(d) Spicy food
3. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
(b) Paper on DNA
4. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Take notes
(b) Thank her for her time
(c) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
(d) Ask more questions of her
5. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
(a) Insulin dependent molecules
(b) Helical molecules
(c) Crystallographic chains
(d) Polypeptide chains
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
2. Who was taken with Watson's sister?
3. How did Maurice answer when asked if he minded Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
4. In what year did the author meet Crick?
5. Why did Watson believe that DNA would be a two-chain?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)