|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) James Watson
(b) Max Perutz
(c) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(d) Francis Crick
2. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
(a) Crick was pursuing his PhD at Cambridge and couldn't be fired
(b) Crick had more friends in the lab than Sir Lawrence
(c) Crick had proof that Sir Lawrence stole from him
(d) Sir Lawrence did not have the authority to remove Crick
3. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For not paying the rent
(b) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
(c) For making too much noise during the day
(d) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
4. Where did Watson and Crick meet Chargaff?
(a) They never met
(b) United States
5. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What specifically was wrong with Watson and Crick's model so that it disagreed with Rosy's research?
2. Which of the following characters didn't believe that helices were the answer to the structure of DNA?
3. Which of the following was the problem with Pauling's model?
4. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
5. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)