|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(b) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
(c) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(d) Crystallographic research into DNA
2. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Didn't try to change his decision
(b) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
(c) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
(d) Tried to convince him to change his mind
3. Which of the following terms best describes the events at the meeting in Paris?
(c) Problem solving
4. What happened to Watson's fellowship?
5. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
2. What event diffused the tension and heat between Rosy and Watson?
3. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)