|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Watson see Chargaff for the second time but they did not speak?
(a) In Stockholm at a conference on crystallography
(b) International Biochemical Congress in Paris
(c) London at a conference with Pauling
(d) Cambridge at the lab
2. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(a) The phosphate molecules were ionized
(b) He relayed that there were four helixes
(c) The phosphate molecules were not ionized
(d) He could not identify the number of helixes
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) He knew no one there
(b) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(c) There was no heating
(d) Weather was cold
4. Where had Watson moved?
(a) Cambridge College
(b) Clare College
(c) Fish place
(d) Portugal Place
5. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
(b) The Times
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Watson go to tell about Rosy's B photograph?
2. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
3. What specifically was wrong with Watson and Crick's model so that it disagreed with Rosy's research?
4. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
5. What is crystallography?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)