|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
(a) It had a model of DNA in it
(b) It contained information they needed to build a model of DNA
(c) It had a foreward written by Dorothy Hodgkin, a leading researcher into crystallography
(d) It had information in it about Pauling's assistant Rosy
2. What did Watson diverge from his study of DNA to study?
(a) Models of proteins
(b) Sexes of bacteria
(c) Crystallograhy X-rays of RNA
(d) Coils of protein helixes
3. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(a) Sir Lawrence
4. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(b) Sir Lawrence
5. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
(d) The Times
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
2. Who has developed a structure of DNA in chapter twenty-one?
3. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
4. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
5. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)