|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrived at Cambridge as a student?
(a) Pauling's son
(b) Sir Lawrence's daughter
2. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
(a) 20 times
(b) 30 times
(c) 5 times
(d) 10 times
3. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To move to Cambridge
(b) To address his need to study crystallography
(c) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
(d) To pretend to work with him
4. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
5. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
(a) Move to a new lab where he will continue his work on RNA
(b) Start working on DNA again
(c) Allow him to work with Pauling to refine his model
(d) Invite Maurice to join Watson on the project
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Watson and Crick meet Chargaff?
2. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
4. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
5. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)