|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
2. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What are the crystallized images?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) How does DNA crystallize?
(d) What is a gene?
3. Where did Watson and Crick meet Chargaff?
(c) United States
(d) They never met
4. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To outline the main events of the book
(b) To set the purpose and scope
(c) To introduce the characters
(d) To define what type of book it is
5. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(b) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
2. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
3. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
4. Where did Watson go for Christmas?
5. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)