|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was unimportant
(b) It was the next great breakthrough
(c) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(d) It was already solved
2. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(a) Nothing, he stopped working altogether
(b) His PhD thesis
(c) Helix structures
3. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(c) Washington, DC
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Love it
(b) Liked it
(c) Hated it
(d) Disliked it
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(b) Total agreement
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Pauling's lab?
2. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
3. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
4. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
5. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)