|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
(b) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(c) Crystallographic research into DNA
(d) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
2. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
(a) To show that the work was worthwhile
(b) To show that RNA was the same as DNA
(c) To show that TMV had DNA
(d) To showTMV had helically stacked protein
3. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
4. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
(a) Sir Lawrence
(b) Max Delbruck
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(b) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
(c) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(d) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
2. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
3. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
5. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)