|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
(a) Crick's boss
(b) Rosy's boss
(c) Maurice's boss
(d) Bragg's boss
2. Where did Watson and Francis go for the weekend after Rosy's lecture?
3. What medical condition did Watson seem to think he had?
(a) Heart condition
4. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Talking with his sister and her beau
(b) Making RNA models
(c) Creating bacteria studies
(d) Non-work-related activities
5. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Liked it
(b) Disliked it
(c) Love it
(d) Hated it
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
2. Where did Watson see Chargaff for the second time but they did not speak?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Rosy felt about Watson and Crick's ideas?
5. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)