|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Protein structure knowledge
(b) Enthusiasm for DNA
(c) Same amount of siblings
(d) Knowledge of crystallography
2. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
3. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
(a) She totally understood all of his work
(b) She saw that he was becoming good friends with Watson
(c) She knew his long hours would soon be over
(d) She realized he had had an important breakthrough
4. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Structure of DNA
(b) Binding of the nucleotides
(c) Multiple types of nucleotides
(d) Order of the nucleotides
5. How much less money was his new fellowship offer for?
(a) No less money
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
2. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
3. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence: Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)