|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
(c) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(d) Proton Order and diffraction
2. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To address his need to study crystallography
(b) To pretend to work with him
(c) To move to Cambridge
(d) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
3. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Knowledge of crystallography
(b) Same amount of siblings
(c) Enthusiasm for DNA
(d) Protein structure knowledge
4. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
5. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
(a) To show that TMV had DNA
(b) To show that the work was worthwhile
(c) To showTMV had helically stacked protein
(d) To show that RNA was the same as DNA
Short Answer Questions
1. What is crystallography?
2. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
3. How does DNA carry information?
4. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)