|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
(a) Paper on DNA
2. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) James Watson
(b) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(c) Francis Crick
(d) Max Perutz
3. Where did Watson see Chargaff for the second time but they did not speak?
(a) Cambridge at the lab
(b) London at a conference with Pauling
(c) In Stockholm at a conference on crystallography
(d) International Biochemical Congress in Paris
4. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
(a) Watson's work
(b) Chargraff's work
(c) Rosy's work
(d) Pauling's work
5. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(b) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
Short Answer Questions
1. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
2. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
4. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
5. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)