|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
(a) So they would understand his needs and desires
(b) To show his interest in biochemistry
(c) So they would approve his transfer
(d) To convince them to let him work with Markham
2. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
3. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) He knew no one there
(b) There was no heating
(c) Weather was cold
(d) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
5. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(b) Francis Crick
(c) Max Perutz
(d) James Watson
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
2. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
3. How does DNA carry information?
4. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
5. Which of the following characters didn't believe that helices were the answer to the structure of DNA?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)