|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
2. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
(a) About a week
(b) About a day
(c) About a year
(d) About a month
3. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(a) Detailed drawings
4. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
2. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
3. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
5. Where did Watson go for Christmas?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)