|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(b) A multiple valued function
(c) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(d) An existing connection
2. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(d) Detailed drawings
3. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(b) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(c) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(d) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
5. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Structure of proteins
(b) Picture of crystallized DNA
(d) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
2. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
3. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
4. Where did Watson and Francis go for the weekend after Rosy's lecture?
5. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)