|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(c) His PhD thesis
2. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
3. Which of the following best describes how Watson and Crick felt after Rosy and Maurice left?
(a) The same as they had felt before they came to review the model
(b) More productive
(c) Excited about continuing
4. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
(a) Crick was pursuing his PhD at Cambridge and couldn't be fired
(b) Sir Lawrence did not have the authority to remove Crick
(c) Crick had proof that Sir Lawrence stole from him
(d) Crick had more friends in the lab than Sir Lawrence
5. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Intellectual life
(b) Personality conflicts
(c) Social life
(d) Structure of DNA
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
2. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
3. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
4. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
5. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)