|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(b) An existing connection
(c) A multiple valued function
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
(d) Fell off
5. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
(a) Helical molecules
(b) Polypeptide chains
(c) Insulin dependent molecules
(d) Crystallographic chains
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
3. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
4. What happened to Watson's fellowship?
5. What shape was Watson trying to prove TMV was?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)