|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
(a) Maurice Wilkins
(b) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(c) Linus Pauling
(d) Roy Markahm
2. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(b) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(c) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(d) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
3. Which of the following had happened which affected Watson's ability to relocate during his fellowship?
(a) The person he wanted to switch to work with rejected his plan
(b) Transfers were not allowed under his fellowship agreement
(c) His fellowship had run out of money
(d) A new chairman was named
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Disliked it
(b) Hated it
(c) Liked it
(d) Love it
5. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To define what type of book it is
(b) To outline the main events of the book
(c) To introduce the characters
(d) To set the purpose and scope
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
2. What had the Cavendish lab recently discovered?
3. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
4. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
5. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)