|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Maurice and Rosy from?
(a) King's College
(b) Stockholm College
(c) Copenhagen University
(d) Cambridge Lab
2. Which two components of DNA did Chargaff find had the same number of molecules?
(a) adenine and thymine
(b) guanine and adenine
(c) cytosine and thymine
(d) guanine and thymine
3. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(b) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(c) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(d) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
4. What specifically was wrong with Watson and Crick's model so that it disagreed with Rosy's research?
(a) Water level number was different
(b) Had three helices
(c) Too many chains
(d) Not enough chains
5. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
2. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
3. Which of the following did Watson begin working on after being told to stop his work on DNA?
4. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
5. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)