|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Watson go for Christmas?
2. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
(b) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(c) Crystallographic research into DNA
(d) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
3. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To define what type of book it is
(b) To set the purpose and scope
(c) To introduce the characters
(d) To outline the main events of the book
4. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
5. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(c) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. How does DNA carry information?
2. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
3. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
4. Who arrived at Cambridge as a student?
5. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)