|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
3. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
(a) About a week
(b) About a year
(c) About a day
(d) About a month
4. What does TMV contain?
(c) Triple helix structure
5. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Binding of the nucleotides
(b) Order of the nucleotides
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Multiple types of nucleotides
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence: Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
2. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
3. Where did Watson and Crick meet Chargaff?
4. What happened to Watson's fellowship?
5. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)