|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
(a) He had eaten bad food
(b) He was tired of Watson and Crick
(c) He was tired of talking about DNA
(d) He wanted to be on his way to Brazil
2. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
(a) Reviewing X-ray images
(b) Adding wire to the existent models
(c) Reading from Pauling's book
(d) Making his own models
3. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
(b) Max Delbruck
(d) Sir Lawrence
4. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To outline the main events of the book
(b) To define what type of book it is
(c) To introduce the characters
(d) To set the purpose and scope
5. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(b) A multiple valued function
(c) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(d) An existing connection
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
2. Who is expected to come speak at a conference at the end of chapter sixteen?
3. Who confirmed Watson's finding that TMV was indeed a helix?
4. How does DNA carry information?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)