|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
(a) How to build a model of DNA
(b) How protein coils did not make helixes
(c) How protein helixes created coils within coils
(d) Why bacteria were able to reproduce
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
3. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Death in his family
(b) Conflict in the lab
(d) Personal health issue
4. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
(a) It had a foreward written by Dorothy Hodgkin, a leading researcher into crystallography
(b) It had information in it about Pauling's assistant Rosy
(c) It had a model of DNA in it
(d) It contained information they needed to build a model of DNA
5. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) He knew no one there
(b) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(c) Weather was cold
(d) There was no heating
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
3. What happened to Watson's fellowship?
4. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Rosy felt about Watson and Crick's ideas?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)