|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
(c) United States
2. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(a) Nothing, he stopped working altogether
(b) His PhD thesis
(c) Helix structures
3. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
4. Who arrived at Cambridge as a student?
(c) Pauling's son
(d) Sir Lawrence's daughter
5. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Structure of DNA
(b) Order of the nucleotides
(c) Binding of the nucleotides
(d) Multiple types of nucleotides
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
2. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
3. What specifically was wrong with Watson and Crick's model so that it disagreed with Rosy's research?
4. What does TMV stand for?
5. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)