|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
(a) A fresh start
(b) New X-rays
(c) A new model
(d) A new colleague
2. What had the Cavendish lab recently discovered?
(a) A model of DNA and RNA
(b) The structure of DNA
(c) A new kind of X-ray tube
(d) The structure of RNA
3. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
(c) Paper on DNA
4. Where did Watson see Chargaff for the second time but they did not speak?
(a) International Biochemical Congress in Paris
(b) London at a conference with Pauling
(c) In Stockholm at a conference on crystallography
(d) Cambridge at the lab
5. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Social life
(b) Intellectual life
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Personality conflicts
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
2. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence: Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
4. How much faster was Watson able to take pictures with the new X-ray tube?
5. What does Watson hope to learn more about as he studies TMV?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)