|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(b) Detailed drawings
2. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) Francis Crick
(b) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(c) James Watson
(d) Max Perutz
3. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Hated it
(b) Love it
(c) Disliked it
(d) Liked it
4. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To pretend to work with him
(b) To move to Cambridge
(c) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
(d) To address his need to study crystallography
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(b) Go sour
(c) Dark cloud
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
2. Why was Watson trying to make crystallographic X-rays of TMV?
3. Where did Watson go for Christmas?
4. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
5. Which of the following did Watson begin working on after being told to stop his work on DNA?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)