|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
(a) Crystallographic chains
(b) Insulin dependent molecules
(c) Polypeptide chains
(d) Helical molecules
2. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Bone degradation
(b) Crystals taken from a mine
(c) Biological proof that DNA existed
(d) Crystallized DNA
3. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
4. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) Max Perutz
(b) Francis Crick
(c) James Watson
(d) Sir Lawrence Bragg
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
2. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
3. What specifically was wrong with Watson and Crick's model so that it disagreed with Rosy's research?
4. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
5. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)