|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(b) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(c) Picture of crystallized DNA
(d) Structure of proteins
2. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He concentrates on the wrong things
(b) He stops working
(c) He drinks
(d) He looks for a woman to keep him company
3. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For making too much noise during the day
(b) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
(c) For not paying the rent
(d) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
4. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Ask more questions of her
(b) Thank her for her time
(c) Take notes
(d) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
5. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
4. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
5. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)