|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(b) Sir Lawrence
2. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
(a) Bullet proof vests
(c) Medical advances
(d) Magnetic mines
3. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Love it
(b) Liked it
(c) Hated it
(d) Disliked it
4. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(b) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(c) Binding agents
(d) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
5. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Take notes
(b) Ask more questions of her
(c) Thank her for her time
(d) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
2. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
3. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
4. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)