|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(c) Dark cloud
(d) Go sour
2. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
(a) The Times
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
4. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
(a) Making his own models
(b) Reviewing X-ray images
(c) Reading from Pauling's book
(d) Adding wire to the existent models
5. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
(a) Thank her for her time
(b) Gather her samples for them to review themselves
(c) Ask more questions of her
(d) Take notes
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
2. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
3. Which of the following did Watson and Crick add to the models which already existed within the Cambridge lab?
4. What is crystallography?
5. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)