|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
2. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(b) Structure of proteins
(d) Picture of crystallized DNA
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Crystallized DNA
(b) Biological proof that DNA existed
(c) Bone degradation
(d) Crystals taken from a mine
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(b) Go sour
(c) Dark cloud
5. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
(b) To address his need to study crystallography
(c) To move to Cambridge
(d) To pretend to work with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
2. Where were Maurice and Rosy from?
3. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
5. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)