|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
2. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Death in his family
(c) Conflict in the lab
(d) Personal health issue
3. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To outline the main events of the book
(b) To define what type of book it is
(c) To introduce the characters
(d) To set the purpose and scope
4. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
(a) Crystallography lab in Cambridge
(b) Crystallography in Stockhom
(c) Cell physiology lab in Stockholm
(d) Biochemistry with Markham
5. Where did Watson and Francis go for the weekend after Rosy's lecture?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
2. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
3. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
4. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
5. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)