|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
(a) Magnetic mines
(b) Bullet proof vests
(d) Medical advances
2. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(c) Sir Lawrence
3. Where were Maurice and Rosy from?
(a) Stockholm College
(b) King's College
(c) Copenhagen University
(d) Cambridge Lab
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. About how long did Crick think it would take he and Watson to narrow down the number of possible DNA structures?
(a) About a year
(b) About a day
(c) About a week
(d) About a month
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
2. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
3. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
4. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
5. In what year did the author meet Crick?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)