|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
2. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(c) Sir Lawrence
3. Which of the following types of work was Watson enthusiastic about beginning?
(a) Work with crystallography
(b) Work with Crick on X-ray photographs
(c) Work with the different possible molecular models of DNA
(d) Work with X-rays of helices
4. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
(a) Insulin dependent molecules
(b) Crystallographic chains
(c) Helical molecules
(d) Polypeptide chains
5. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Structure of DNA
(b) Order of the nucleotides
(c) Multiple types of nucleotides
(d) Binding of the nucleotides
Short Answer Questions
1. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
2. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
3. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
5. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)