|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
2. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
3. Why did Watson and Crick purchase a copy of Pauling's book on chemical bonding?
(a) It contained information they needed to build a model of DNA
(b) It had a model of DNA in it
(c) It had information in it about Pauling's assistant Rosy
(d) It had a foreward written by Dorothy Hodgkin, a leading researcher into crystallography
4. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Same amount of siblings
(b) Enthusiasm for DNA
(c) Knowledge of crystallography
(d) Protein structure knowledge
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
2. What is crystallography?
3. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
4. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
5. Which of the following characters didn't believe that helices were the answer to the structure of DNA?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)