|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
2. Where were Maurice and Rosy from?
(a) Copenhagen University
(b) King's College
(c) Stockholm College
(d) Cambridge Lab
3. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) Watson was jealous of Pauling
(b) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
(c) They were over Watson's head
(d) Watson despised Pauling's articles
4. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) How does DNA crystallize?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) What is a gene?
(d) What are the crystallized images?
5. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
2. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
3. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
4. Which of the following is the best term for chains of nucleotides?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)