|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Personal health issue
(b) Conflict in the lab
(d) Death in his family
2. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(b) Unauthorized biography
(c) Unauthorized autobiography
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Rosy felt about Watson and Crick's ideas?
4. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) Proton Order and diffraction
(c) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(d) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
5. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
(a) Crick had more friends in the lab than Sir Lawrence
(b) Crick was pursuing his PhD at Cambridge and couldn't be fired
(c) Crick had proof that Sir Lawrence stole from him
(d) Sir Lawrence did not have the authority to remove Crick
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
2. What had Watson neglected to do at Rosy's lecture?
3. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
4. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
5. Which of the following characters didn't believe that helices were the answer to the structure of DNA?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)