|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When would Watson and Crick be able to understand the configuration of inorganic ions?
(a) Before the phosphorus atoms were completed
(b) As they added details to the models
(c) When they understood the final structure
(d) When they received the new model components
2. On what topic had Bragg, Kendrew and Perutz published a paper?
(a) Crystallographic chains
(b) Polypeptide chains
(c) Helical molecules
(d) Insulin dependent molecules
3. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was unimportant
(b) It was already solved
(c) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(d) It was the next great breakthrough
4. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Conflict in the lab
(b) Death in his family
(c) Personal health issue
5. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To pretend to work with him
(b) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
(c) To move to Cambridge
(d) To address his need to study crystallography
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
2. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
3. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
5. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)