|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Structure of DNA
(b) Order of the nucleotides
(c) Binding of the nucleotides
(d) Multiple types of nucleotides
2. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
3. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) He knew no one there
(b) There was no heating
(c) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(d) Weather was cold
5. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) Proton Order and diffraction
(b) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(d) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson and Crick felt after Rosy and Maurice left?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
3. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
5. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)