|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
3. Which of the following types of work was Watson enthusiastic about beginning?
(a) Work with the different possible molecular models of DNA
(b) Work with crystallography
(c) Work with Crick on X-ray photographs
(d) Work with X-rays of helices
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
(d) Fell off
5. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Personal health issue
(b) Death in his family
(c) Conflict in the lab
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
2. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
3. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
4. Which of the following had happened which affected Watson's ability to relocate during his fellowship?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)