|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
2. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Social life
(b) Structure of DNA
(c) Intellectual life
(d) Personality conflicts
3. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) The scientific process
(d) Human relations
4. Which of the following did Watson and Crick add to the models which already existed within the Cambridge lab?
(a) Tin wire
(b) Steel wire
(c) Copper wire
(d) Aluminum wire
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(b) Binding agents
(c) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
2. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
3. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
4. Which of the following types of work was Watson enthusiastic about beginning?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Rosy felt about Watson and Crick's ideas?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)