|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the author meet Crick?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
3. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
4. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
(b) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
(c) For not paying the rent
(d) For making too much noise during the day
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(b) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(c) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(d) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
Short Answer Questions
1. What is crystallography?
2. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the meeting went with Rosy, Maurice, Watson and Crick?
4. Where did Watson and Francis go for the weekend after Rosy's lecture?
5. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)