|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To set the purpose and scope
(b) To define what type of book it is
(c) To outline the main events of the book
(d) To introduce the characters
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(c) Poor writer
(d) Dynamic speaker
3. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(a) Unauthorized autobiography
(d) Unauthorized biography
4. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
5. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(b) Structure of proteins
(c) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(d) Picture of crystallized DNA
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
2. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
3. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
4. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
5. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)