|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Structure of proteins
(b) Picture of crystallized DNA
(d) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
2. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
(a) So they would approve his transfer
(b) To convince them to let him work with Markham
(c) So they would understand his needs and desires
(d) To show his interest in biochemistry
3. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) Where is DNA stored?
(b) How does DNA crystallize?
(c) What is a gene?
(d) What are the crystallized images?
4. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
5. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
2. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
3. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)