|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Knowledge of crystallography
(b) Enthusiasm for DNA
(c) Same amount of siblings
(d) Protein structure knowledge
2. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(b) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(c) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(d) Field responsible for making crystals
3. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
(a) Biochemistry with Markham
(b) Crystallography lab in Cambridge
(c) Cell physiology lab in Stockholm
(d) Crystallography in Stockhom
4. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
(a) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(b) Linus Pauling
(c) Roy Markahm
(d) Maurice Wilkins
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
2. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
3. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
4. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
5. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)