|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(a) Dynamic speaker
(b) Poor writer
2. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
3. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(b) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(c) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(d) Field responsible for making crystals
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(c) Binding agents
(d) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
2. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
3. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
4. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
5. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)