|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
2. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) They were over Watson's head
(b) Watson was jealous of Pauling
(c) Watson despised Pauling's articles
(d) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
3. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Enthusiasm for DNA
(b) Knowledge of crystallography
(c) Same amount of siblings
(d) Protein structure knowledge
4. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(b) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(c) Field responsible for making crystals
(d) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(b) Binding agents
(c) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
2. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
3. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
5. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)