|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
3. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(b) Binding agents
(c) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
4. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
(b) To move to Cambridge
(c) To address his need to study crystallography
(d) To pretend to work with him
5. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
(a) Maurice Wilkins
(b) Linus Pauling
(c) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(d) Roy Markahm
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
2. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
3. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
4. In what year did the author meet Crick?
5. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)