|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Crystals taken from a mine
(b) Biological proof that DNA existed
(c) Bone degradation
(d) Crystallized DNA
2. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
3. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. Which of the following had happened which affected Watson's ability to relocate during his fellowship?
(a) Transfers were not allowed under his fellowship agreement
(b) A new chairman was named
(c) The person he wanted to switch to work with rejected his plan
(d) His fellowship had run out of money
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
2. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
3. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
4. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
5. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)