|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
2. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(b) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(c) Field responsible for making crystals
(d) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
3. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
4. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) Binding agents
(b) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(c) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
2. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
4. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)