|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) Binding agents
(c) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(d) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
2. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) How does DNA crystallize?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) What are the crystallized images?
(d) What is a gene?
3. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
(a) Crystallography lab in Cambridge
(b) Cell physiology lab in Stockholm
(c) Biochemistry with Markham
(d) Crystallography in Stockhom
4. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(b) Field responsible for making crystals
(c) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(d) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
5. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Disliked it
(b) Love it
(c) Liked it
(d) Hated it
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
2. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
3. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
4. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
5. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)