|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
2. Where did the Fellowship Board indicate Watson could transfer?
(a) Crystallography lab in Cambridge
(b) Crystallography in Stockhom
(c) Biochemistry with Markham
(d) Cell physiology lab in Stockholm
3. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Liked it
(b) Disliked it
(c) Hated it
(d) Love it
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(b) Binding agents
(c) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
2. What is crystallography?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
4. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
5. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)