|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
(b) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(c) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(d) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
2. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For not paying the rent
(b) For making too much noise during the day
(c) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
(d) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
3. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
4. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(b) Binding agents
(c) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(d) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
3. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
4. What is crystallography?
5. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)