|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
2. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) Binding agents
(b) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(c) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Bone degradation
(b) Crystals taken from a mine
(c) Crystallized DNA
(d) Biological proof that DNA existed
4. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Multiple types of nucleotides
(b) Order of the nucleotides
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Binding of the nucleotides
5. In what year did the author meet Crick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
2. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence? Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
5. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)