|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) Weather was cold
(b) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(c) He knew no one there
(d) There was no heating
2. What arrangement was did Watson work out with Markham?
(a) To help him convince his Fellowship committee to allow him to relocate to Cambridge
(b) To pretend to work with him
(c) To address his need to study crystallography
(d) To move to Cambridge
3. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
4. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(a) Unauthorized biography
(b) Unauthorized autobiography
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(b) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(c) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(d) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
2. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
3. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
4. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
5. With whom did Watson want to work in Cambridge?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)