|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
2. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
3. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
(a) For making noise at night and going out after 10:00 pm
(b) For making too much noise during the day
(c) For inviting friends to come and stay with him
(d) For not paying the rent
4. Why do you think Watson told the fellowship committee that his only real interest was crystallography?
(a) To show his interest in biochemistry
(b) To convince them to let him work with Markham
(c) So they would approve his transfer
(d) So they would understand his needs and desires
5. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does DNA carry information?
2. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
3. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)