|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
2. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for making crystals
(b) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(c) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(d) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
3. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What are the crystallized images?
(b) How does DNA crystallize?
(c) Where is DNA stored?
(d) What is a gene?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(b) An existing connection
(c) A multiple valued function
(d) A person who is related by marriage or blood
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(c) Dynamic speaker
(d) Poor writer
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
2. Which of the following had happened which affected Watson's ability to relocate during his fellowship?
3. How does DNA carry information?
4. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
5. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)