|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(b) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(d) Binding agents
2. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
3. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
4. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Multiple types of nucleotides
(b) Structure of DNA
(c) Order of the nucleotides
(d) Binding of the nucleotides
5. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) James Watson
(b) Max Perutz
(c) Francis Crick
(d) Sir Lawrence Bragg
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
2. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence? Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
4. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
5. Why was Watson kicked out of his rooming house?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)