|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He stops working
(b) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(c) He drinks
(d) He concentrates on the wrong things
2. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Crystals taken from a mine
(b) Crystallized DNA
(c) Biological proof that DNA existed
(d) Bone degradation
4. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
2. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
4. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
5. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)