|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A multiple valued function
(b) An existing connection
(d) A person who is related by marriage or blood
3. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To define what type of book it is
(b) To introduce the characters
(c) To set the purpose and scope
(d) To outline the main events of the book
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(b) Dynamic speaker
(c) Poor writer
5. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
2. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
3. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
5. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)