|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(a) Dynamic speaker
(d) Poor writer
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(b) An existing connection
(d) A multiple valued function
5. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He stops working
(b) He drinks
(c) He concentrates on the wrong things
(d) He looks for a woman to keep him company
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
2. In what year did the author meet Crick?
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
4. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
5. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)