|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(b) Poor writer
(d) Dynamic speaker
2. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
3. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To set the purpose and scope
(b) To introduce the characters
(c) To define what type of book it is
(d) To outline the main events of the book
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) He knew no one there
(b) There was no heating
(c) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(d) Weather was cold
5. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
5. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)