|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(b) An existing connection
(d) A multiple valued function
3. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To set the purpose and scope
(b) To define what type of book it is
(c) To outline the main events of the book
(d) To introduce the characters
4. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) The scientific process
(c) Human relations
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
2. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
3. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
4. What is crystallography?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)