|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(b) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(c) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(d) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
2. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
4. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(c) An existing connection
(d) A multiple valued function
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
2. In what year did the author meet Crick?
3. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
4. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
5. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)