|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) An existing connection
(b) A multiple valued function
(d) A person who is related by marriage or blood
2. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He concentrates on the wrong things
(b) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(c) He drinks
(d) He stops working
3. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) The scientific process
(d) Human relations
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Personality conflicts
(b) Structure of DNA
(c) Social life
(d) Intellectual life
5. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
2. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
3. What is crystallography?
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
5. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)