|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To outline the main events of the book
(b) To set the purpose and scope
(c) To define what type of book it is
(d) To introduce the characters
2. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
3. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(a) Unauthorized autobiography
(d) Unauthorized biography
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(b) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(c) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(d) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
5. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Personality conflicts
(b) Social life
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Intellectual life
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
2. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
5. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)