|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) Weather was cold
(b) There was no heating
(c) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(d) He knew no one there
2. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
4. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
5. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(b) Field responsible for making crystals
(c) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(d) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the author meet Crick?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
3. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
4. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
5. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)