|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(b) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(c) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(d) Field responsible for making crystals
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Bone degradation
(b) Crystallized DNA
(c) Biological proof that DNA existed
(d) Crystals taken from a mine
4. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
5. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(b) He concentrates on the wrong things
(c) He stops working
(d) He drinks
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
2. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
3. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)