|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
2. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What is a gene?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) What are the crystallized images?
(d) How does DNA crystallize?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(a) Poor writer
(d) Dynamic speaker
4. In what year did the author meet Crick?
5. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
2. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
3. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
4. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)