|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
2. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
(b) Watson was jealous of Pauling
(c) They were over Watson's head
(d) Watson despised Pauling's articles
3. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He concentrates on the wrong things
(b) He drinks
(c) He stops working
(d) He looks for a woman to keep him company
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Personality conflicts
(b) Social life
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Intellectual life
5. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(b) Picture of crystallized DNA
(c) Structure of proteins
(d) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
Short Answer Questions
1. What is crystallography?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
4. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
5. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)