|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(b) Structure of proteins
(c) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(d) Picture of crystallized DNA
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
3. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(b) Max Perutz
(c) Francis Crick
(d) James Watson
4. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What are the crystallized images?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) What is a gene?
(d) How does DNA crystallize?
5. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(c) Unauthorized biography
(d) Unauthorized autobiography
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
2. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
3. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
4. In what year did the author meet Crick?
5. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)