|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
2. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
3. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(b) Field responsible for making crystals
(c) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(d) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(a) Dynamic speaker
(b) Poor writer
5. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
2. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
3. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
5. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)