|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Picture of crystallized DNA
(b) Structure of proteins
(d) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
2. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence?
Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
4. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Crystals taken from a mine
(b) Crystallized DNA
(c) Bone degradation
(d) Biological proof that DNA existed
5. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
4. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
5. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)