|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) Watson was jealous of Pauling
(b) They were over Watson's head
(c) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
(d) Watson despised Pauling's articles
2. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) Human relations
(c) The scientific process
3. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(a) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(b) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(b) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(c) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(d) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
5. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) Weather was cold
(b) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(c) There was no heating
(d) He knew no one there
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
2. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
3. What is crystallography?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
5. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)