|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) Where is DNA stored?
(b) How does DNA crystallize?
(c) What are the crystallized images?
(d) What is a gene?
2. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(b) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(c) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(d) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
2. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
3. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
4. In what year did the author meet Crick?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)