|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) Weather was cold
(b) He knew no one there
(c) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(d) There was no heating
2. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Structure of proteins
(b) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(d) Picture of crystallized DNA
3. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(b) Unauthorized autobiography
(c) Unauthorized biography
4. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(b) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
2. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
3. What is crystallography?
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
5. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)