|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) The scientific process
(b) Human relations
2. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Bone degradation
(b) Biological proof that DNA existed
(c) Crystals taken from a mine
(d) Crystallized DNA
4. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
5. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(b) Francis Crick
(c) Max Perutz
(d) James Watson
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
2. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
3. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
5. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)