|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) James Watson
(b) Max Perutz
(c) Francis Crick
(d) Sir Lawrence Bragg
2. Which of the following subjects was Herman uninterested in?
3. Which of the following subjects did Watson avoid during his graduate work?
4. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Crystallized DNA
(b) Bone degradation
(c) Biological proof that DNA existed
(d) Crystals taken from a mine
5. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(b) Field responsible for making crystals
(c) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(d) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
2. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
3. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
4. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
5. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)