|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) Human relations
(c) The scientific process
2. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Social life
(b) Personality conflicts
(c) Intellectual life
(d) Structure of DNA
3. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
4. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
5. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(b) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(c) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(d) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
2. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
3. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for assuaged as it is used in the following sentence? Watson's conscious was somewhat assuaged, when Herman revealed that he was going through a divorce.
5. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)