|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Watson felt about chemistry BEFORE meeting Wilkins?
2. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
3. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Structure of DNA
(b) Intellectual life
(c) Personality conflicts
(d) Social life
4. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of phages?
(b) Germs which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(c) Viruses which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
(d) Bacteria which some scientists suspected were naked genetic material
Short Answer Questions
1. What is crystallography?
2. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
3. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
4. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
5. Who first excited Watson about using x-rays to study DNA?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)