|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic was Linus Pauling studying?
(a) How protein helixes created coils within coils
(b) How protein coils did not make helixes
(c) How to build a model of DNA
(d) Why bacteria were able to reproduce
2. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(b) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(c) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(d) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
3. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(a) His PhD thesis
4. Who was taken with Watson's sister?
(b) Bertrand Fourcade
(d) Sir Lawrence
5. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) He knew no one there
(b) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(c) Weather was cold
(d) There was no heating
Short Answer Questions
1. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
2. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence: Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
4. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
5. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)