|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(b) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(c) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(d) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
2. When would Watson and Crick be able to understand the configuration of inorganic ions?
(a) As they added details to the models
(b) When they understood the final structure
(c) When they received the new model components
(d) Before the phosphorus atoms were completed
3. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
(a) New X-rays
(b) A new model
(c) A fresh start
(d) A new colleague
4. Why did Crick become annoyed with Watson?
(a) Because he wouldn't share the responsibility
(b) Because he refused to consider a 3 chain model
(c) Because he wasn't spending all of his time on DNA
(d) Because he wasn't concerned about his sister's love life
5. How much less money was his new fellowship offer for?
(d) No less money
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
2. What was Watson continually thinking about as he went to films in regards to progress on DNA model?
3. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
4. Who did Pauling give copies of his manuscript which contained his new model of DNA?
5. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)