|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Making RNA models
(b) Non-work-related activities
(c) Creating bacteria studies
(d) Talking with his sister and her beau
2. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(c) Sir Lawrence
3. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(b) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(c) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(d) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
4. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(b) Total agreement
5. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
2. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
3. Where was Pauling's lab?
4. How much progress did Crick make?
5. While Watson was assembling pieces of the model, Crick was doing what?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)