|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
(a) Bragg's boss
(b) Rosy's boss
(c) Maurice's boss
(d) Crick's boss
2. What did Bragg finally allow Watson to do?
(a) Start working on DNA again
(b) Invite Maurice to join Watson on the project
(c) Allow him to work with Pauling to refine his model
(d) Move to a new lab where he will continue his work on RNA
3. How much less money was his new fellowship offer for?
(c) No less money
4. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(a) Dark cloud
(b) Go sour
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
2. Whom did Watson compare Crick to when talking to Delbruck?
3. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
4. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
5. Whose work did Crick believe was a key to understanding DNA?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)