|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
(a) She knew his long hours would soon be over
(b) She totally understood all of his work
(c) She saw that he was becoming good friends with Watson
(d) She realized he had had an important breakthrough
2. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(a) He relayed that there were four helixes
(b) The phosphate molecules were not ionized
(c) The phosphate molecules were ionized
(d) He could not identify the number of helixes
3. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(c) Sir Lawrence
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Personality conflicts
(b) Social life
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Intellectual life
5. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(b) Helix structures
(c) His PhD thesis
(d) Nothing, he stopped working altogether
Short Answer Questions
1. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
2. Whom did Watson compare Crick to when talking to Delbruck?
3. What happened to Watson's fellowship?
4. Who was taken with Watson's sister?
5. Who did Pauling give copies of his manuscript which contained his new model of DNA?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)