|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of chapter twelve, how many chains had Watson and Crick determined would fit with the X-ray images?
2. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(b) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(c) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(d) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
3. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Enthusiasm for DNA
(b) Knowledge of crystallography
(c) Same amount of siblings
(d) Protein structure knowledge
4. How much progress did Crick make?
(a) A lot
(b) A little
5. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does DNA carry information?
2. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
3. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
4. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
5. What did Watson continue to believe the problem was?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)