|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
(a) She knew his long hours would soon be over
(b) She saw that he was becoming good friends with Watson
(c) She totally understood all of his work
(d) She realized he had had an important breakthrough
2. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
(a) A new model
(b) A fresh start
(c) A new colleague
(d) New X-rays
3. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Didn't try to change his decision
(b) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
(c) Tried to convince him to change his mind
(d) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
4. What was wrong with Maurice at the meeting in Paris?
(a) He had eaten bad food
(b) He was tired of talking about DNA
(c) He wanted to be on his way to Brazil
(d) He was tired of Watson and Crick
5. How much progress did Crick make?
(a) A little
(c) A lot
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
2. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
3. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
4. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)