|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Crick feel about Watson's work on bacteria reproduction?
2. Where was Pauling's lab?
(b) New Jersey
3. Where did Watson see Chargaff for the second time but they did not speak?
(a) London at a conference with Pauling
(b) Cambridge at the lab
(c) In Stockholm at a conference on crystallography
(d) International Biochemical Congress in Paris
4. Which of the following terms best describes the events at the meeting in Paris?
(c) Problem solving
5. Why did Crick become annoyed with Watson?
(a) Because he refused to consider a 3 chain model
(b) Because he wasn't concerned about his sister's love life
(c) Because he wasn't spending all of his time on DNA
(d) Because he wouldn't share the responsibility
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
3. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
4. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
5. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)