|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(b) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(d) Binding agents
2. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Tried to convince him to change his mind
(b) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
(c) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
(d) Didn't try to change his decision
3. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(a) He could not identify the number of helixes
(b) The phosphate molecules were ionized
(c) The phosphate molecules were not ionized
(d) He relayed that there were four helixes
4. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(b) Detailed drawings
5. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(d) Washington, DC
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of work was Watson enthusiastic about beginning?
2. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
3. How much progress did Crick make?
4. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
5. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)