|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson felt upon realizing that Pauling's model was flawed?
2. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(a) The phosphate molecules were ionized
(b) He relayed that there were four helixes
(c) The phosphate molecules were not ionized
(d) He could not identify the number of helixes
3. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(b) A multiple valued function
(c) An existing connection
(d) A person who is related by marriage or blood
4. Why did Crick become annoyed with Watson?
(a) Because he refused to consider a 3 chain model
(b) Because he wouldn't share the responsibility
(c) Because he wasn't concerned about his sister's love life
(d) Because he wasn't spending all of his time on DNA
5. How did Maurice answer when asked if he minded Watson and Crick working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Yes, immediately
(b) No, immediately
(c) No, but slowly
(d) He said they should all work together
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Pauling's lab?
2. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
3. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
4. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
5. When would Watson and Crick be able to understand the configuration of inorganic ions?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)