|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Watson spend the time while he waited for the machine shop to construct the necessary parts?
(a) Making RNA models
(b) Non-work-related activities
(c) Creating bacteria studies
(d) Talking with his sister and her beau
2. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
(a) The phosphate molecules were ionized
(b) The phosphate molecules were not ionized
(c) He relayed that there were four helixes
(d) He could not identify the number of helixes
3. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(b) Proton Order and diffraction
(c) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(d) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
4. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
5. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(c) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Watson go to tell about Rosy's B photograph?
2. Where was Watson going to get the necessary pieces to construct his model?
3. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
4. Why did Crick become annoyed with Watson?
5. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)