|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(b) It was the next great breakthrough
(c) It was unimportant
(d) It was already solved
2. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(d) Total agreement
3. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
4. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(b) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(c) Structure of proteins
(d) Picture of crystallized DNA
5. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(d) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
2. How does DNA carry information?
3. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
4. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
5. How much progress did Crick make?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)