|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
2. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(c) Picture of crystallized DNA
(d) Structure of proteins
3. Which of the following describes why Francis's wife was happy for him?
(a) She realized he had had an important breakthrough
(b) She knew his long hours would soon be over
(c) She totally understood all of his work
(d) She saw that he was becoming good friends with Watson
4. Where did Watson go for Christmas?
5. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was unimportant
(b) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(c) It was already solved
(d) It was the next great breakthrough
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
2. When would Watson go to Cal-Tech?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
4. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
5. What was the fundamental flaw in Linus Pauling's model of DNA?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)