|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Watson's feelings at the idea of working with bases in pairs?
2. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
(b) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
(c) Tried to convince him to change his mind
(d) Didn't try to change his decision
3. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(b) An existing connection
(c) A multiple valued function
4. Why did Watson have to leave the estate he was staying at over Christmas?
(a) To meet Crick to work on their project related to the structure of DNA
(b) To return to work
(c) To accept a new job
(d) To speak at a meeting in London
5. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
(a) The Times
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
2. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
3. Who offered Watson a job at Cal-Tech?
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
5. Which of the following terms best describes the events at the meeting in Paris?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)