|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(b) Poor writer
(d) Dynamic speaker
3. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
4. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He stops working
(b) He concentrates on the wrong things
(c) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(d) He drinks
5. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Picture of crystallized DNA
(c) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(d) Structure of proteins
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
2. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
3. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
4. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
5. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)