|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(b) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(c) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(d) Field responsible for making crystals
2. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Biological proof that DNA existed
(b) Crystallized DNA
(c) Crystals taken from a mine
(d) Bone degradation
3. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(b) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(c) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(d) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
4. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(b) Detailed drawings
5. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) Human relations
(c) The scientific process
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
3. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
4. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
5. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)