|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
(c) The Times
2. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Structure of proteins
(b) Picture of crystallized DNA
(d) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
3. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) How does DNA crystallize?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) What are the crystallized images?
(d) What is a gene?
4. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(b) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(c) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(d) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
5. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(c) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
2. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
3. What is crystallography?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
5. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)