|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) Watson was jealous of Pauling
(b) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
(c) Watson despised Pauling's articles
(d) They were over Watson's head
2. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(b) An existing connection
(d) A multiple valued function
3. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
4. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) He knew no one there
(b) There was no heating
(c) Weather was cold
(d) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
5. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Love it
(b) Liked it
(c) Disliked it
(d) Hated it
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
2. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
3. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
4. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
5. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)