|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Crystals taken from a mine
(b) Crystallized DNA
(c) Bone degradation
(d) Biological proof that DNA existed
2. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Knowledge of crystallography
(b) Same amount of siblings
(c) Enthusiasm for DNA
(d) Protein structure knowledge
3. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(d) Sir Lawrence
4. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
5. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(b) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
2. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
3. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
4. How does DNA carry information?
5. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)