|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
2. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for making crystals
(b) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(c) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(d) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
3. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Protein structure knowledge
(b) Knowledge of crystallography
(c) Same amount of siblings
(d) Enthusiasm for DNA
4. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Multiple types of nucleotides
(b) Binding of the nucleotides
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Order of the nucleotides
5. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
(c) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(d) Proton Order and diffraction
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
2. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
3. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)