|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(b) Structure of proteins
(c) Picture of crystallized DNA
(d) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
2. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) Weather was cold
(b) There was no heating
(c) He knew no one there
(d) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
3. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Social life
(b) Personality conflicts
(c) Structure of DNA
(d) Intellectual life
4. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A multiple valued function
(c) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(d) An existing connection
5. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
2. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
3. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
4. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
5. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)