|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(b) Dynamic speaker
(c) Poor writer
2. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(b) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(c) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(d) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
3. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Hated it
(b) Disliked it
(c) Liked it
(d) Love it
4. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) Binding agents
(b) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(c) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
5. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) How does DNA crystallize?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) What are the crystallized images?
(d) What is a gene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
2. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
3. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
4. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
5. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)