|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Social life
(b) Personality conflicts
(c) Intellectual life
(d) Structure of DNA
2. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Structure of proteins
(c) Picture of crystallized DNA
(d) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
3. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(b) A multiple valued function
(c) An existing connection
(d) A person who is related by marriage or blood
4. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
2. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
3. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
4. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
5. What is crystallography?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)