|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Love it
(b) Liked it
(c) Hated it
(d) Disliked it
2. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Binding of the nucleotides
(b) Multiple types of nucleotides
(c) Order of the nucleotides
(d) Structure of DNA
3. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Structure of proteins
(b) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(d) Picture of crystallized DNA
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(b) Poor writer
(c) Dynamic speaker
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(b) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(c) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
(d) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
2. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
3. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
4. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
5. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)