|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What are the crystallized images?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) What is a gene?
(d) How does DNA crystallize?
2. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) Proton Order and diffraction
(c) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(d) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
3. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
4. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
5. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(d) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
2. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
3. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)