|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(c) Poor writer
(d) Dynamic speaker
2. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Disliked it
(b) Liked it
(c) Love it
(d) Hated it
3. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
(a) Social life
(b) Intellectual life
(c) Personality conflicts
(d) Structure of DNA
5. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) How does DNA crystallize?
(b) What are the crystallized images?
(c) What is a gene?
(d) Where is DNA stored?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
2. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
3. How does DNA carry information?
4. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
5. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)