|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(b) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(c) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(d) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
2. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(b) Proton Order and diffraction
(c) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
3. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(b) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(c) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(d) Field responsible for making crystals
4. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Bone degradation
(b) Biological proof that DNA existed
(c) Crystals taken from a mine
(d) Crystallized DNA
5. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(c) Detailed drawings
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
2. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
4. Which of the following was a new idea about the life of a scientist to Watson at the end of chapter five?
5. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)