|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A multiple valued function
(b) An existing connection
(c) A person who is related by marriage or blood
3. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Liked it
(b) Disliked it
(c) Hated it
(d) Love it
5. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(b) Field responsible for making crystals
(c) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
(d) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
2. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
4. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
5. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)