|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
(b) The Times
2. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A multiple valued function
(b) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(c) An existing connection
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
(a) Poor writer
(c) Dynamic speaker
4. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(a) Structure of proteins
(c) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(d) Picture of crystallized DNA
5. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(d) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
5. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)