|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He drinks
(b) He stops working
(c) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(d) He concentrates on the wrong things
2. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(b) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(c) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(d) Binding agents
3. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) An existing connection
(b) A multiple valued function
(c) A person who is related by marriage or blood
4. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(a) Sir Lawrence
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
2. Which of the following did Odile NOT prefer?
3. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
4. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)