|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
2. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(b) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
(c) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(d) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
3. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
(b) Crystallized helix poliomyelitis
(c) Structure of proteins
(d) Picture of crystallized DNA
4. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Multiple types of nucleotides
(b) Structure of DNA
(c) Order of the nucleotides
(d) Binding of the nucleotides
5. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(b) The scientific process
(d) Human relations
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence: His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
4. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
5. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)