|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term helix?
2. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) Watson despised Pauling's articles
(b) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
(c) Watson was jealous of Pauling
(d) They were over Watson's head
3. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(b) He concentrates on the wrong things
(c) He drinks
(d) He stops working
4. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(c) Sir Lawrence
5. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) He knew no one there
(b) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(c) Weather was cold
(d) There was no heating
Short Answer Questions
1. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
2. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
3. What is crystallography?
4. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
5. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)