|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(a) A multiple valued function
(b) An existing connection
(d) A person who is related by marriage or blood
2. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) The scientific process
(b) Human relations
3. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
4. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Order of the nucleotides
(b) Structure of DNA
(c) Binding of the nucleotides
(d) Multiple types of nucleotides
5. Which of the following best describes how Watson responded to Pauling's journal articles?
(a) Watson despised Pauling's articles
(b) They were over Watson's head
(c) Watson disagreed with Pauling's articles
(d) Watson was jealous of Pauling
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Pauling as seen through Watson's eyes?
3. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)