|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(d) Detailed drawings
2. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(b) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(c) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(d) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
3. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(a) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
(b) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(c) Proton Order and diffraction
4. Which of the following is the best definition for relations as used in the following sentence:
His biggest problem, though, was relations with Rosy, and he had to consider firing her.
(b) A person who is related by marriage or blood
(c) A multiple valued function
(d) An existing connection
5. Which of the following words best describes Maurice as a scientist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
2. How does DNA carry information?
3. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
4. Which of the following people was the solution to Watson being able to study crystallography?
5. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)