|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(b) The scientific process
(d) Human relations
2. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) He knew no one there
(b) There was no heating
(c) Weather was cold
(d) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
3. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
(d) Sir Lawrence
4. Which of the following characters did Crick discuss his problems with the helix theory with?
(b) Sir Lawrence
5. What began to interest Crick after his argument with Sir Lawrence?
(b) Diffraction of X-rays by helical molecules
(c) X-rays of crystallized DNA molecules
(d) Proton Order and diffraction
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
2. Which of the following had Pauling partially solved?
3. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
4. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
5. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)