|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is crystallography?
(a) Field responsible for breaking apart crystallized proteins
(b) Field responsible for making crystals
(c) Field responsible for crystallizing proteins
(d) Field responsible for creating X-rays of crystals
2. Which of the following characters was on the edge of being fired?
3. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Liked it
(b) Disliked it
(c) Love it
(d) Hated it
4. How did Cochran and Crick explain X-ray diffraction by helical molecules?
(c) Detailed drawings
5. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) The scientific process
(b) Human relations
Short Answer Questions
1. How does DNA carry information?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the human dilemma of deciding to work against your colleague or behind their back?
3. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
4. Which of the following characters wrote a paper describing his idea for the helix theory?
5. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)