|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
(a) Health issues
(b) Political views
(c) Incomplete travel records
(d) Breakthrough in his projects
2. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(b) Sir Lawrence
3. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(b) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(c) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(d) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
4. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(b) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(c) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
(d) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
5. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(d) Washington, DC
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
2. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
3. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
4. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
5. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)