|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(a) Total agreement
2. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
(a) Incomplete travel records
(b) Political views
(c) Health issues
(d) Breakthrough in his projects
3. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Didn't try to change his decision
(b) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
(c) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
(d) Tried to convince him to change his mind
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(a) Dark cloud
(b) Go sour
5. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
(a) Rosy's boss
(b) Bragg's boss
(c) Crick's boss
(d) Maurice's boss
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
2. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
3. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
4. How does DNA carry information?
5. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)