|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
2. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(a) Washington, DC
3. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Didn't try to change his decision
(b) Tried to convince him to change his mind
(c) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
(d) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
4. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
(d) Total agreement
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
(b) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(c) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(d) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
2. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
3. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
4. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
5. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)