|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
(b) Crystallographic research into DNA
(c) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(d) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
2. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Crystallized DNA
(b) Biological proof that DNA existed
(c) Bone degradation
(d) Crystals taken from a mine
3. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
4. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Enthusiasm for DNA
(b) Protein structure knowledge
(c) Knowledge of crystallography
(d) Same amount of siblings
5. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
2. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
3. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
4. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
5. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)