|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(b) Washington, DC
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(b) Dark cloud
(d) Go sour
3. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
4. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(a) Nothing, he stopped working altogether
(b) Helix structures
(c) His PhD thesis
5. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
2. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
4. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
5. How does DNA carry information?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)