|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
(a) Crick's boss
(b) Bragg's boss
(c) Rosy's boss
(d) Maurice's boss
2. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
(b) Tried to convince him to change his mind
(c) Didn't try to change his decision
(d) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
3. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(b) Sir Lawrence
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Liked it
(b) Disliked it
(c) Love it
(d) Hated it
5. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
2. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
4. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
5. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)