|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
(a) Health issues
(b) Breakthrough in his projects
(c) Political views
(d) Incomplete travel records
2. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(b) Washington, DC
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) There was no heating
(b) He knew no one there
(c) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(d) Weather was cold
4. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(b) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(c) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(d) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
5. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
2. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence: Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
4. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)