|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(b) Go sour
(c) Dark cloud
2. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(b) It was the next great breakthrough
(c) It was already solved
(d) It was unimportant
3. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
4. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Didn't try to change his decision
(b) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
(c) Tried to convince him to change his mind
(d) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
5. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) Weather was cold
(b) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(c) There was no heating
(d) He knew no one there
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
2. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
4. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
5. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)