|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(b) There was no heating
(c) He knew no one there
(d) Weather was cold
2. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He stops working
(b) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(c) He drinks
(d) He concentrates on the wrong things
3. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
4. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Liked it
(b) Hated it
(c) Love it
(d) Disliked it
5. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
(a) Incomplete travel records
(b) Political views
(c) Health issues
(d) Breakthrough in his projects
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
3. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)