|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was the next great breakthrough
(b) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(c) It was already solved
(d) It was unimportant
2. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) There was no heating
(b) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
(c) Weather was cold
(d) He knew no one there
3. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
4. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
5. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(a) His PhD thesis
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
2. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
3. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
4. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
5. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)