|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Binding of the nucleotides
(b) Structure of DNA
(c) Multiple types of nucleotides
(d) Order of the nucleotides
2. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
3. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(a) Washington, DC
4. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(c) His PhD thesis
5. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(b) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
(c) Crystallographic research into DNA
(d) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
2. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
3. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
4. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
5. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)