|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
(d) Paper on DNA
2. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) Where is DNA stored?
(b) How does DNA crystallize?
(c) What is a gene?
(d) What are the crystallized images?
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
(a) There was no heating
(b) He knew no one there
(c) Weather was cold
(d) Biochemistry was still uninteresting
4. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
(d) Washington, DC
5. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
(a) Crick's boss
(b) Rosy's boss
(c) Maurice's boss
(d) Bragg's boss
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
2. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
3. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
4. How does DNA carry information?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)