|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(b) Crystallographic research into DNA
(c) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
(d) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
2. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
(b) Didn't try to change his decision
(c) Tried to convince him to change his mind
(d) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
3. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
(a) Crick's boss
(b) Rosy's boss
(c) Bragg's boss
(d) Maurice's boss
4. How does DNA carry information?
(a) Structure of DNA
(b) Order of the nucleotides
(c) Binding of the nucleotides
(d) Multiple types of nucleotides
5. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
2. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
3. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
4. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
5. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)