|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Disliked it
(b) Liked it
(c) Love it
(d) Hated it
2. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
3. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
(d) Paper on DNA
4. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) What are the crystallized images?
(b) How does DNA crystallize?
(c) Where is DNA stored?
(d) What is a gene?
5. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(b) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
(c) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(d) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
2. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
3. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
4. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)