|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
2. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(b) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(d) Binding agents
3. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
(a) Tried to convince him to change his mind
(b) Worked in the lab on the problem against his directive
(c) Begged him to be allowed to continue to work on the problem
(d) Didn't try to change his decision
4. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(b) His PhD thesis
(c) Helix structures
(d) Nothing, he stopped working altogether
5. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
(c) Paper on DNA
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
2. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
3. Which of the following was why Pauling never arrived in London?
4. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
5. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)