|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
2. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Knowledge of crystallography
(b) Protein structure knowledge
(c) Enthusiasm for DNA
(d) Same amount of siblings
3. Which of the following terms describes how Watson felt about working at the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge?
(a) Love it
(b) Liked it
(c) Disliked it
(d) Hated it
4. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Crystallized DNA
(b) Crystals taken from a mine
(c) Bone degradation
(d) Biological proof that DNA existed
5. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(c) Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
2. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
3. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
4. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
5. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)