|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(b) Binding agents
(c) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
2. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(d) Sir Lawrence
3. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(b) He drinks
(c) He concentrates on the wrong things
(d) He stops working
4. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Protein structure knowledge
(b) Knowledge of crystallography
(c) Enthusiasm for DNA
(d) Same amount of siblings
5. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Biological proof that DNA existed
(b) Bone degradation
(c) Crystallized DNA
(d) Crystals taken from a mine
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence: Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
2. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
3. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
4. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)