|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
2. In what language were many of the lectures given that Watson attended?
3. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was already solved
(b) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(c) It was unimportant
(d) It was the next great breakthrough
4. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
5. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(b) Crystallographic research into DNA
(c) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(d) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
2. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
3. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
4. How did Watson and Crick respond to Bragg when he told them to stop working on the structure of DNA?
5. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)