|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
2. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
3. Which of the following describes how Bragg felt about Crick's behavior and attitude?
4. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
(a) X-ray pictures of DNA crystals
(c) 3-dimensional figures of DNA
(d) Binding agents
5. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(b) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
(c) Crystallographic research into DNA
(d) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
2. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
3. Which of the following characteristics best describes how Watson viewed the conference in London?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
5. Where was Pauling held up when he was on his way to speak at the conference?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)