|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for pall as used in the following sentence:
Rosy's attitude left a pall on the evening.
(b) Dark cloud
(c) Go sour
2. How did Watson think that most of the scientific community felt about DNA?
(a) It was unimportant
(b) It was an ongoing project for most of them
(c) It was already solved
(d) It was the next great breakthrough
3. On what topic was Rosy's talk?
(a) Crystallographic research into DNA
(b) X-ray crystallographic research into helical molecules
(c) X-ray diffraction of crystallographic molecules
(d) X-ray diffraction by helical molecules
4. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
(a) Biological proof that DNA existed
(b) Bone degradation
(c) Crystals taken from a mine
(d) Crystallized DNA
5. What fantasy did Watson have for how he would become involved in his work?
(a) Watson would transfer his postgraduate fellowship to Wilkins
(b) Wilkins would become his sister's suitor
(c) Watson would develop a new biochemistry technique
(d) Watson would show Wilkins his crystallized images
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
2. What did Watson study after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
3. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
4. What could be used to rule out some false starts of potential DNA structures?
5. What was Maurice going to return to Watson?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)