|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(b) He concentrates on the wrong things
(c) He stops working
(d) He drinks
2. Which of the following is Watson's interest?
(a) How does DNA crystallize?
(b) Where is DNA stored?
(c) What are the crystallized images?
(d) What is a gene?
3. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
4. Who convinced Bragg that Watson and Crick should not be working on the problem of the structure of DNA?
(a) Crick's boss
(b) Bragg's boss
(c) Maurice's boss
(d) Rosy's boss
5. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
(a) By taking atoms and gluing them together with photons
(b) By fitting together models of groups of atoms that liked to link together
(c) By fitting X-rays together into specific groups
(d) By taking X-rays and placing them on top of each other
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a reason that Watson was disheartened with Naples?
2. Which of the following was Senator McCarthy investigating?
3. What did Watson and Crick decide they would need in order to move forward?
4. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
5. What did Wilkin's x-rays show?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)