|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters attended Rosy's talk?
(a) Sir Lawrence
2. What happens when Watson is uninterested and unexcited?
(a) He drinks
(b) He looks for a woman to keep him company
(c) He concentrates on the wrong things
(d) He stops working
3. What did Crick and Watson have in common?
(a) Same amount of siblings
(b) Enthusiasm for DNA
(c) Knowledge of crystallography
(d) Protein structure knowledge
4. How many types of nucleotides are in DNA?
5. What did Crick move on to work on after told to stop working on the model of DNA?
(a) Helix structures
(b) His PhD thesis
(d) Nothing, he stopped working altogether
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how the English scientists felt about the United States refusing to allow Pauling to travel to London to speak at the conference?
2. How did Maurice feel after hearing Rosy's presentation?
3. Whose ideas did Rosy's research ignore?
4. How did Pauling discover his ?-helix structure?
5. How does DNA carry information?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)