|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
2. Why did Watson believe that DNA would be a two-chain?
(a) Crick had found 2 chains in previous research
(b) Picture showed 2 chains
(c) Things in biology come in pairs
(d) Pauling's model was wrong
3. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
4. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
(a) Medical advances
(b) Magnetic mines
(d) Bullet proof vests
5. Why did Watson have to leave the estate he was staying at over Christmas?
(a) To accept a new job
(b) To return to work
(c) To speak at a meeting in London
(d) To meet Crick to work on their project related to the structure of DNA
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
2. What happened to Watson's fellowship?
3. What event diffused the tension and heat between Rosy and Watson?
4. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
5. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)