|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Death in his family
(b) Personal health issue
(c) Conflict in the lab
2. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
3. Why did Watson believe that DNA would be a two-chain?
(a) Things in biology come in pairs
(b) Pauling's model was wrong
(c) Crick had found 2 chains in previous research
(d) Picture showed 2 chains
4. Why did Watson have to leave the estate he was staying at over Christmas?
(a) To speak at a meeting in London
(b) To return to work
(c) To accept a new job
(d) To meet Crick to work on their project related to the structure of DNA
5. Where did Watson go for Christmas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
2. What had Rosy surrounded DNA with in the B photograph?
3. What event diffused the tension and heat between Rosy and Watson?
4. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
5. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)