|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following events interrupted Crick's interest in DNA?
(a) Conflict in the lab
(c) Personal health issue
(d) Death in his family
2. Why did Watson believe that DNA would be a two-chain?
(a) Crick had found 2 chains in previous research
(b) Picture showed 2 chains
(c) Pauling's model was wrong
(d) Things in biology come in pairs
3. How much less money was his new fellowship offer for?
(b) No less money
4. What happened to Watson's fellowship?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
(d) Fell off
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
2. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
3. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
4. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
5. Why did Watson have to leave the estate he was staying at over Christmas?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)