|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Watson believe that DNA would be a two-chain?
(a) Picture showed 2 chains
(b) Pauling's model was wrong
(c) Things in biology come in pairs
(d) Crick had found 2 chains in previous research
2. Why did Watson have to leave the estate he was staying at over Christmas?
(a) To accept a new job
(b) To meet Crick to work on their project related to the structure of DNA
(c) To return to work
(d) To speak at a meeting in London
3. What did Crick help to make when he worked for the government at the beginning of World War II?
(a) Magnetic mines
(b) Bullet proof vests
(d) Medical advances
4. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
(c) United States
5. What event diffused the tension and heat between Rosy and Watson?
(a) Maurice entering the lab
(b) Rosy tearing up Pauling's work
(c) Rosy assaulting Watson
(d) Watson walking out of the lab
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Watson go for Christmas?
2. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
3. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
5. What subject did Crick study as an undergraduate?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)