|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Watson have to leave the estate he was staying at over Christmas?
(a) To return to work
(b) To accept a new job
(c) To meet Crick to work on their project related to the structure of DNA
(d) To speak at a meeting in London
2. Who else did Watson invite to his friend's parents for Christmas?
3. Which of the following best describes Maurice and Rosy's working relationship?
4. What event diffused the tension and heat between Rosy and Watson?
(a) Watson walking out of the lab
(b) Maurice entering the lab
(c) Rosy assaulting Watson
(d) Rosy tearing up Pauling's work
5. Why couldn't Sir Lawrence remove Crick from the lab?
(a) Sir Lawrence did not have the authority to remove Crick
(b) Crick had proof that Sir Lawrence stole from him
(c) Crick was pursuing his PhD at Cambridge and couldn't be fired
(d) Crick had more friends in the lab than Sir Lawrence
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the fellowship board want him to speak?
2. Which describes how Rosy seemed when Watson went to talk to her at King's lab about Pauling's faulty model?
3. How much less money was his new fellowship offer for?
4. Which of the following did Crick lack when it came to the type of research needed for a PhD thesis?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the term abated?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)