Forward, Preface and Chapter 1
1. Which of the following people wrote the forward?
(a) James Watson
(b) Sir Lawrence Bragg
(c) Francis Crick
(d) Max Perutz
2. Which of the following best describes this type of novel?
(a) Unauthorized autobiography
(d) Unauthorized biography
3. What is the purpose of the preface in this text?
(a) To set the purpose and scope
(b) To define what type of book it is
(c) To outline the main events of the book
(d) To introduce the characters
4. How many people does the preface indicate were involved in the discovery of the structure of DNA?
5. In what year did the author meet Crick?
6. At what university were both Crick and the author working in the opening chapter?
7. What was Watson's main scientific interest?
(a) Human relations
(d) The scientific process
8. Which of the following characters was already working on the problem of DNA in London with Crick?
This section contains 4,309 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)