|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last sentence in Appendix 8?
2. According to the author in Appendix 6, what opens the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo for the living?
3. A mental state similar to that of schizophrenia can be induced by administering what drug?
4. What do schizophrenics share with other psychotics, according to the author?
5. What happened to La Tour's reputation as a result of the rise of the new Art of Versailles?
Essay Topic 1
Huxley discusses the power of not only positive visionary experiences but also negative ones. What are some of the major differences between the two? What types of people are inclined to have positive or negative experiences? What happens to people when they have these sorts of experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Huxley claims that people are so used to Nature, as it is seen from an everyday perspective, that they are fooled into thinking they know everything about it. What changes for people, according to Huxley, when this perspective is altered?
Essay Topic 3
Huxley discusses the role of vision-inducing methods in religion and spirituality. Why are vision-inducing methods often used in religion? What is the importance of visions in religion? What were the methods most commonly used by religious and spiritual zealots?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)