Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last sentence in Appendix 8?
(a) "Beware the pendula."
(b) "I have nothing to fear but everything."
(c) "The robots are nothing if not versatile."
(d) "If being a visionary makes me psychotic, then I gladly will be so."
2. According to the author in Appendix 6, what opens the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo for the living?
(a) "Massy keys of metals twain."
(c) Spiritual enlightenment.
(d) The presence or absence of certain chemicals in the blood.
3. A mental state similar to that of schizophrenia can be induced by administering what drug?
(b) Derivatives of adrenalin.
4. What do schizophrenics share with other psychotics, according to the author?
(a) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a greater extent.
(b) They don't share the same symptoms, but they share the same illness and brain dysfunction.
(c) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a lesser extent.
(d) They share the same symptoms, and the intensity of those symptoms is about equal.
5. What happened to La Tour's reputation as a result of the rise of the new Art of Versailles?
(a) He was forgotten, and his works were attributed to other artists.
(b) He was forced to change his style to remain popular.
(c) His reputation didn't change, but his fans were more loyal than ever.
(d) He became even more famous and well-known.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the setting of Gericault's painting "The Derby"?
2. In theological terms, the progress the author mentions at the end of Appendix 6 is a transition from what to what?
3. According to the author, where do the mentally-ill people discussed at the beginning of Appendix 6 spend their time?
4. Which of these is NOT something with which schizophrenics have lost touch, according to the author?
5. How did Carlyle feel when he walked down a crowded street?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)