|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of the Delacroix painting the author mentions in Appendix 5?
(a) A close-up of bark, leaves and flowers.
(b) The corner of a room.
(c) A mountainous landscape.
(d) A small girl in a blue dress.
2. Which of these is NOT an example given by the author of great nature art?
(a) A mountain stream seen from the brush.
(b) A spray of blossoming plum.
(c) Finches in a bush.
(d) Eighteen inches of a bamboo stem with its leaves.
3. According to the author, how did Gericault paint "The Raft of Medusa"?
(a) He painted the people before painting the landscape.
(b) Each of the people was painted separately; there was no overall sketch.
(c) He sketched the entire painting first then painted in the sketch.
(d) He painted the raft, objects, and landscape before painting the people.
4. What was the style of the new Art of Versailles, according to the author?
5. What does the author call humans, at the end of Appendix 8?
(a) "Clockwork dummies."
(b) "Seductive demons."
(d) "Machines built of flesh."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, there is very little of what in La Tour's paintings?
2. According to the author, which cultures have the best art depicting nature scenes up close?
3. Which of Van Gogh's paintings does the author use as an example of Western landscape art?
4. Which of these is NOT something with which schizophrenics have lost touch, according to the author?
5. How is the subject of a great work of nature art portrayed, according to the author?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)