|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What La Tour painting was acquired by the Louvre in 1934?
(a) "The Robust Workhorse."
(b) "The Painters of Reality."
(c) "The Creation of Man."
(d) "The Venus of Willendorf."
2. What researcher performed experiments with touching parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
3. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
(a) Some pens and pencils in a cup on his desk.
(b) The table and chairs in the room.
(c) Three flowers in a vase on the table.
(d) The books on his shelves.
4. To whom does the author attribute the concept of Hades, mentioned in Appendix 6?
5. Why were our ancestors' visions often negative, according to the author?
(a) They believed in the Devil and were afraid of damnation.
(b) They lived in more dangerous environments.
(c) Their visions were induced by a different means.
(d) They had shorter life spans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gericault use as a model for the people in "Raft of the Medusa"?
2. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
3. Upon what evidence does the author base his estimation of the way in which Gericault saw the world?
4. Gericault's portrait of a young boy and study of a naked man are both displayed, according to the author, in what museum?
5. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)