|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a practice that mimics the effects which result from the first technique described in Appendix 1?
(c) Yogic breathing.
2. What do schizophrenics share with other psychotics, according to the author?
(a) They don't share the same symptoms, but they share the same illness and brain dysfunction.
(b) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a greater extent.
(c) They share the same symptoms, and the intensity of those symptoms is about equal.
(d) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a lesser extent.
3. What La Tour painting was acquired by the Louvre in 1934?
(a) "The Painters of Reality."
(b) "The Venus of Willendorf."
(c) "The Creation of Man."
(d) "The Robust Workhorse."
4. To what animal does Carlyle compare himself?
(a) A bear.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A lion.
(d) A wolf.
5. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) A Japanese landscape.
(b) A vision of Heaven.
(c) A vision of Hell.
(d) A phoenix of undulating rainbow colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gericault's "Horse Startled by Lightning" displayed, according to the author?
2. What does Carlyle write of the men and women around him?
3. According to the author, there is very little of what in La Tour's paintings?
4. What "divine tautology" is expressed by the subjects of great nature art, according to the author?
5. What film does the author reference as an example of the distorted documentary?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)