|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the work by Carlyle that the author quotes in Appendix 8?
(a) "Of Men and Gods."
(b) "I, Carlyle."
(c) "Dialogue on the Universe."
(d) "Sartor Resartus."
2. The author states in Appendix 3 that the cinematographic art of the distorted documentary seems to presage the end of what?
(b) Non-representational painting.
(d) Traditional documentary.
3. Artificial lighting gave, according to the author, a new visionary quality to what form of ancient art?
4. Which of these is NOT something with which schizophrenics have lost touch, according to the author?
(b) Fellow beings.
5. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
(a) It shouldn't be used by people with anxiety or panic disorders.
(b) It was a natural by-product of processing the plant in certain ways.
(c) Its chemical makeup is similar to adrenalin.
(d) It permanently alters the user's brain in some ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the experiment take place?
2. What is the Dharma-body?
3. What topic does the author explore in Appendix 2?
4. What, according to the author, breaks the silence in which schizophrenics exist?
5. Why was Holy Week such an effective spiritual practice, according to the author?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)