|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of most of Vuillard's paintings?
2. Who used to say that when he self-flagellated God would deny him nothing?
(a) Saint John.
(b) Benedict XVI.
(c) The Apostle Paul.
(d) The Cure d'Ars.
3. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) The way that mescalin is broken down in the body.
(c) A negative outlook on life.
(d) An allergy to mescalin.
4. According to the author, what is theatrical spectacle?
(a) A transporting and enlightening form of pageantry.
(b) A means by which those without access to high culture can enjoy pageantry.
(c) Pageantry without religious or political overtones.
(d) A way of communicating morals and values to lower-class citizens.
5. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
(d) Bodily mortification.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
2. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
3. According to the author, how did Gericault paint "The Raft of Medusa"?
4. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 4 about the relationship between an artist's character and their work?
5. Who wrote the biography about Carlyle?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)