|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
2. The author discusses the history of what type of ideas at the end of Appendix 6?
3. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
(a) Various parts of the subjects' bodies twitched.
(b) The subjects were able to learn new languages and skills more efficiently.
(c) The subjects recalled detailed and distant memories.
(d) The subjects experienced a variety of emotions.
4. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) A vision of Hell.
(b) A Japanese landscape.
(c) A phoenix of undulating rainbow colors.
(d) A vision of Heaven.
5. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
(a) Introspective, but group-oriented.
(b) Solitary, but sometimes focused on others.
(c) Solitary, but not introspective.
(d) Introspective and solitary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author feel that La Tour's art is religious?
2. How are many visionaries received by others, according to the author?
3. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
4. What did Gericault use as a model for the people in "Raft of the Medusa"?
5. How did Carlyle feel when he walked down a crowded street?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)