|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first painter mentioned in Appendix IV?
(b) La Tour.
2. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
(a) Meditation and sensory deprivation.
(b) Fasting and sensory deprivation.
(c) Hypnosis and fasting.
(d) Fasting and meditation.
3. What is the highest point of the transformation the author discusses in Appendix 6?
(a) Appreciation of nature.
(b) Mystical experience.
(c) Spiritual enlightenment.
(d) Satisfaction in everyday things.
4. What is the potential danger of the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) It may produce long-term changes in brain function.
(b) It may create an unpleasant sensation of nausea or vertigo.
(c) It may last longer than the user originally intended.
(d) It may cause an epileptic seizure.
5. What is Heaven, according to the author?
(a) A vantage point for viewing divinity.
(b) A place of rest and repose, where no one is doing anything.
(c) A fallacy, created by those who misinterpreted visionary experiences.
(d) A concept invented by humanity because of our desperate need for hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
2. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
3. What does the author say La Tour paints, at the end of Appendix 4?
4. What does the author say about vision-inducing devices and effects at the beginning of Appendix 3?
5. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)