|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do schizophrenics share with other psychotics, according to the author?
(a) They don't share the same symptoms, but they share the same illness and brain dysfunction.
(b) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a greater extent.
(c) They share the same symptoms, and the intensity of those symptoms is about equal.
(d) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a lesser extent.
2. What is the drawback to the "visionary arts" mentioned in Appendix 3?
(a) They are experienced differently by each individual, so no one understands how another experiences them.
(b) They can only be experienced in large groups.
(c) They are ephemeral, and earlier masterpieces have been lost to us.
(d) They require a great deal of time, effort and expense to put on.
3. Why does the author feel that La Tour's art is religious?
(a) People often have visionary experiences looking at La Tour's work.
(b) It emphasizes a divine omnipresence.
(c) The subjects of his paintings are often religious figures.
(d) La Tour was a very religious man.
4. The author states in Appendix 3 that the cinematographic art of the distorted documentary seems to presage the end of what?
(c) Traditional documentary.
(d) Non-representational painting.
5. How do utilitarians feel about art?
(a) It is useful only when it is appreciated by most of society.
(b) It is a necessary diversion for humanity.
(c) It is only worthwhile if it is beautiful and functional, as in the case of fine architecture.
(d) It doesn't have much value.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the drug typically used up until the 1950s?
2. What La Tour painting was acquired by the Louvre in 1934?
3. What is Heaven, according to the author?
4. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
5. What is striking about the painting of the butcher bird, to which the author refers at the end of Appendix 5?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)