|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author note about the background of Gericault's "The Derby"?
(a) It is very dark.
(b) It is too light.
(c) It is unnaturally colored.
(d) It doesn't match the tone of the painting and its subjects.
2. Why were our ancestors' visions often negative, according to the author?
(a) They lived in more dangerous environments.
(b) They had shorter life spans.
(c) Their visions were induced by a different means.
(d) They believed in the Devil and were afraid of damnation.
3. What is the subject of most of La Tour's paintings?
(a) An object seen by the light of a single candle.
(b) Landscapes and nature.
(c) Women performing daily tasks.
(d) Still-life images of fruit and flowers.
4. According to the author, what is an example of Vuillard giving the viewer "the best of both worlds" in his paintings?
(a) A painting of a wall with a garden view through a window.
(b) A painting of a corner of a room with a painted landscape on the wall.
(c) A painting of a house atop a hill, in a vast landscape.
(d) A painting of an artist painting a landscape.
5. According to the author, in what year did the rediscovery of La Tour begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
2. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 3 about the past?
3. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
4. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
5. What does the author call humans, at the end of Appendix 8?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)