|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say La Tour paints, at the end of Appendix 4?
(a) Visionary experiences.
(b) Divine retribution.
(c) God's immanence.
(d) Cautionary tales.
2. Why does the author feel that La Tour's art is religious?
(a) The subjects of his paintings are often religious figures.
(b) People often have visionary experiences looking at La Tour's work.
(c) It emphasizes a divine omnipresence.
(d) La Tour was a very religious man.
3. What poet does the author quote in Appendix 5?
4. Who used to say that when he self-flagellated God would deny him nothing?
(a) Benedict XVI.
(b) The Apostle Paul.
(c) Saint John.
(d) The Cure d'Ars.
5. Which of these is NOT a specialist who the author feels should be consulted by an aspiring mystic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the work by Carlyle that the author quotes in Appendix 8?
2. To what animal does Carlyle compare himself?
3. What is unique about La Tour's paintings, according to the author?
4. In what year does the experiment take place?
5. What was a magic lantern show?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)