|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is mentioned in Appendix 5 as the artist who painted "Dell in Helmingham Park"?
(c) Van Gogh.
2. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
(a) Meditation and sensory deprivation.
(b) Fasting and sensory deprivation.
(c) Fasting and meditation.
(d) Hypnosis and fasting.
3. Upon what evidence does the author base his comparison of a schizophrenic's experiences?
(a) His own experience with drugs.
(b) The stories told to him by a psychotic friend.
(c) Journal entries he wrote during his own psychotic break.
(d) Descriptions given by ancient religions.
4. Which is NOT an object or work of art that the author references in comparison to the subjects of La Tour's paintings?
(a) Da Vinci's apostles.
(b) A Bodhisattva from Khmer.
(d) Piero's angels.
5. To whom does the author attribute the concept of Hades, mentioned in Appendix 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 3 about the past?
2. What did Carlyle feel the universe was doing to him?
3. What materials were often used for self-flagellation?
4. What was the subject of the poem the author quotes in Appendix 5?
5. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)