|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
(a) It shows the power that art has over the human mind.
(b) It gets psychiatrists another step closer to understanding how hypnotism works.
(c) It offers another way for people to achieve the same results that they would get with drugs.
(d) It demonstrates the suggestibility of humans.
2. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
3. Which is NOT a practice that mimics the effects which result from the first technique described in Appendix 1?
(b) Yogic breathing.
4. Why do people sometimes leave flowers as a religious offering, according to the author?
(a) Because they don't have anything precious to give, but flowers are always available.
(b) Because they are a living sacrifice but not associated with feelings of guilt and shame the way other sacrifices are.
(c) Because they feel, on some level, that they are giving back something which is indigenous to Heaven.
(d) Because they don't really understand the significance of doing so.
5. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
(b) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
(c) It doesn't matter to him at all.
(d) His perception of time is unchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
2. Artificial lighting gave, according to the author, a new visionary quality to what form of ancient art?
3. What film does the author reference as an example of the distorted documentary?
4. How are many visionaries received by others, according to the author?
5. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)