|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
(a) Fasting and meditation.
(b) Drugs and hypnosis.
(c) Drugs and fasting.
(d) Meditation and drugs.
2. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
(b) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
(c) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
(d) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
3. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
(a) The limbic system.
(b) The gastrointestinal system.
(c) The nervous system.
(d) The cardiovascular system.
4. What is the Dharma-body?
(a) Truth, joy and enlightenment.
(b) Truth, mind, and nature.
(c) Body, mind and spirit.
(d) Freedom from suffering, enlightenment and transcendence.
5. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
(a) Introspective and solitary.
(b) Solitary, but sometimes focused on others.
(c) Solitary, but not introspective.
(d) Introspective, but group-oriented.
Short Answer Questions
1. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
2. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
3. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
4. What materials were often used for self-flagellation?
5. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)