|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, in Appendix 2 what was the result of our ancestors' winter diets?
(a) By spring, they were suffering from scurvy and pellagra.
(b) They often had cravings for foods that weren't available to them, which made them irritable.
(c) They lost a great deal of weight during the winter.
(d) They sometimes died because they went out searching for food when the weather was still inclement and wintry.
2. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
3. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
(a) It affects the user's ability to react appropriately to potentially dangerous situations.
(b) It blocks the brain's ability to filter sensory input.
(c) It affects the brain's enzymes and absorption of glucose.
(d) It makes users unable to recognize or remember familiar people, places and objects.
4. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) The user is more prone to nausea, vomiting or seizure.
(b) The effects of the drugs are intensified and enriched.
(c) Any negative effects being experienced by the user will disappear.
(d) The effects of the drugs immediately wear off.
5. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
2. How did "pyrotechny" begin in Europe, according to the author?
3. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
4. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
5. What is the main reason for conducting the experiment in which the author participates?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)