|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the experiment take place?
2. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear as movement trails and waves.
(b) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
(c) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
(d) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
3. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
(b) Stained glass.
4. What does the author say about vision-inducing devices and effects at the beginning of Appendix 3?
(a) They have played a greater role in religion than in fine art.
(b) They have played a greater role in popular entertainment than in religion.
(c) They have played a greater role in fine art than in popular entertainment.
(d) They have played a greater role in popular entertainment than in fine arts.
5. What is the Dharma-body?
(a) Truth, mind, and nature.
(b) Body, mind and spirit.
(c) Freedom from suffering, enlightenment and transcendence.
(d) Truth, joy and enlightenment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a specialist who the author feels should be consulted by an aspiring mystic?
2. According to the author, in Appendix 2 what was the result of our ancestors' winter diets?
3. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
4. According to the author, what is "one of the most magical and transporting of spectacles"?
5. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)