|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
(a) Meditation and drugs.
(b) Fasting and meditation.
(c) Drugs and hypnosis.
(d) Drugs and fasting.
2. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
3. What event was, according to the author, an example of ancient pageantry which was enriched and improved by technological advances?
(a) The first motion picture.
(b) The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
(c) The inauguration of the first President, George Washington.
(d) The first performance of "Romeo and Juliet" in a theater equipped with modern technology.
4. What affects one's ability to have visionary experiences, according to the author, if one is using the first method mentioned in Appendix 1?
(a) The number of times a person has used.
(b) The amount of substance that is allowed to reach the brain.
(c) The duration of use.
(d) The person's disposition before use.
5. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
(a) They have completely ceased to matter to him.
(b) They are warped and inaccurate.
(c) They don't seem to matter as much as they usually do.
(d) They are more noticeable and pronounced than usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would a spiritual person interpret chemically-induced visionary experiences?
2. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
3. What is the drawback to the "visionary arts" mentioned in Appendix 3?
4. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
5. According to the author, what is theatrical spectacle?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)