|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
(a) The cheapness and availability of the substance used.
(b) Subjects perceiving that they are able to communicate with a higher power.
(c) The rarity of negative side effects in users.
(d) A marked increase in the subject's ability to see things with their eyes closed.
2. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
(a) Use of a repetitive hand movement.
(b) Use of ambient music.
(c) Use of various sound frequencies.
(d) Use of a stroboscopic lamp.
3. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
4. What is self-flagellation?
(a) The act of cutting oneself.
(b) The act of burning oneself.
(c) The act of whipping oneself.
(d) The act of piercing one's skin.
5. What researcher performed experiments with touching parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
2. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
3. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
4. What is the main reason for conducting the experiment in which the author participates?
5. According to the author, what is "one of the most magical and transporting of spectacles"?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)