|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) A vision of Hell.
(b) A Japanese landscape.
(c) A phoenix of undulating rainbow colors.
(d) A vision of Heaven.
2. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) It doesn't matter to him at all.
(b) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
(c) His perception of time is unchanged.
(d) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
3. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
(c) Bodily mortification.
4. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
(c) Stained glass.
5. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
(a) The cardiovascular system.
(b) The gastrointestinal system.
(c) The nervous system.
(d) The limbic system.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is "one of the most magical and transporting of spectacles"?
2. How are many visionaries received by others, according to the author?
3. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
4. Which of these is NOT a vision which the author thinks might be produced by prodding the brain with an electrode?
5. What topic does the author explore in Appendix 2?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)