|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did fireworks re-enter the world of popular entertainment, according to the author?
(a) During the reign of Elizabeth I.
(b) During the Industrial Revolution.
(c) During the Renaissance.
(d) In the mid-18th century.
2. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
3. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
(b) His perception of time is unchanged.
(c) It doesn't matter to him at all.
(d) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
4. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
(a) Because the pieces made from them are usually very large.
(b) Because they are so hard to find.
(c) Because they are more difficult to work with than other media.
(d) Because they last longer than many other pieces of art.
5. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
(a) The way that mescalin is broken down in the body.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) An allergy to mescalin.
(d) A negative outlook on life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are many visionaries received by others, according to the author?
2. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
3. What was a magic lantern show?
4. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
5. Which of these is NOT a specialist who the author feels should be consulted by an aspiring mystic?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)