|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
2. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
3. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
(d) Bodily mortification.
4. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 100.
(b) 1 in 25.
(c) 1 in 70.
(d) 1 in 80.
5. What is the Dharma-body?
(a) Freedom from suffering, enlightenment and transcendence.
(b) Body, mind and spirit.
(c) Truth, mind, and nature.
(d) Truth, joy and enlightenment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
2. Why do people sometimes leave flowers as a religious offering, according to the author?
3. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
4. In what year does the experiment take place?
5. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)