|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
2. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
(b) Angel dust.
3. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) A phoenix of undulating rainbow colors.
(b) A vision of Heaven.
(c) A Japanese landscape.
(d) A vision of Hell.
4. How does the author describe our ancestors' winter diets in Appendix 2?
(a) They ate mostly meat and grains, with some fruit and vegetables.
(b) They ate pretty much the same diet they ate during the rest of the year.
(c) They ate no fruit, no vegetables, and very little meat or dairy.
(d) They ate dried meat and fruit which they stored during the autumn harvest.
5. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
2. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
3. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
4. What is the main reason for conducting the experiment in which the author participates?
5. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)