|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) It doesn't matter to him at all.
(b) His perception of time is unchanged.
(c) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
(d) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
2. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) Any negative effects being experienced by the user will disappear.
(b) The effects of the drugs immediately wear off.
(c) The user is more prone to nausea, vomiting or seizure.
(d) The effects of the drugs are intensified and enriched.
3. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
4. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
(a) The second was originally a journal entry, and the author didn't intend to publish it.
(b) The second essay has a darker, more sinister tone than the first.
(c) The second doesn't recount any specific experience.
(d) The second was written before the author's experimentation with drugs.
5. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
(c) Inhalation of carbon dioxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
2. According to the author, at the end of Appendix 1 what is one claim that is made almost universally by visionaries?
3. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
4. What is self-flagellation?
5. What affects one's ability to have visionary experiences, according to the author, if one is using the first method mentioned in Appendix 1?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)