|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a practice that mimics the effects which result from the first technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) Yogic breathing.
2. How do utilitarians feel about art?
(a) It is useful only when it is appreciated by most of society.
(b) It doesn't have much value.
(c) It is only worthwhile if it is beautiful and functional, as in the case of fine architecture.
(d) It is a necessary diversion for humanity.
3. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
(a) Use of ambient music.
(b) Use of a repetitive hand movement.
(c) Use of a stroboscopic lamp.
(d) Use of various sound frequencies.
4. What does the author wonder about the neurological patterns produced during visionary experiences at the end of Appendix 1?
(a) Why people are so fond of experiencing these patterns.
(b) What happens to these patterns when the experience is over.
(c) How these patterns can be reproduced at the user's will.
(d) How the experiencer's brain is affected by the experience.
5. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
(a) Stained glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
2. What affects one's ability to have visionary experiences, according to the author, if one is using the first method mentioned in Appendix 1?
3. Which of these is NOT a specialist who the author feels should be consulted by an aspiring mystic?
4. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
5. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)