|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
(a) The gastrointestinal system.
(b) The nervous system.
(c) The cardiovascular system.
(d) The limbic system.
2. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
(a) Bodily mortification.
3. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
(a) The subjects were able to learn new languages and skills more efficiently.
(b) The subjects recalled detailed and distant memories.
(c) The subjects experienced a variety of emotions.
(d) Various parts of the subjects' bodies twitched.
4. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
(a) Visions can be induced, while dreams only happen randomly.
(b) Visions are often similar to religious experiences, but dreams usually aren't.
(c) Color is rare in dreams, but is always present in visions.
(d) Dreams can be had while awake or asleep, while visions only occur when one is awake.
5. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
(b) Angel dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is self-flagellation?
2. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
3. Why is the first technique in Appendix 1 even less understood than mescalin use?
4. What is the Dharma-body?
5. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)