|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
(a) Meditation and sensory deprivation.
(b) Fasting and sensory deprivation.
(c) Fasting and meditation.
(d) Hypnosis and fasting.
2. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
(a) Some pens and pencils in a cup on his desk.
(b) Three flowers in a vase on the table.
(c) The table and chairs in the room.
(d) The books on his shelves.
3. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) His perception of time is unchanged.
(b) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
(c) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
(d) It doesn't matter to him at all.
4. Who used to say that when he self-flagellated God would deny him nothing?
(a) The Cure d'Ars.
(b) Benedict XVI.
(c) The Apostle Paul.
(d) Saint John.
5. What is the Dharma-body?
(a) Body, mind and spirit.
(b) Truth, joy and enlightenment.
(c) Truth, mind, and nature.
(d) Freedom from suffering, enlightenment and transcendence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
2. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
3. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
4. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
5. What chemicals were released into the bloodstream during the act of self-flagellation?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)