|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who used to say that when he self-flagellated God would deny him nothing?
(a) Saint John.
(b) Benedict XVI.
(c) The Cure d'Ars.
(d) The Apostle Paul.
2. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
3. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
(b) They appear as movement trails and waves.
(c) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
(d) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
4. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
(a) Meditation and sensory deprivation.
(b) Hypnosis and fasting.
(c) Fasting and meditation.
(d) Fasting and sensory deprivation.
5. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
(a) Drugs and hypnosis.
(b) Fasting and meditation.
(c) Drugs and fasting.
(d) Meditation and drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
2. Which of these is NOT a specialist who the author feels should be consulted by an aspiring mystic?
3. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
4. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
5. Why was Holy Week such an effective spiritual practice, according to the author?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)