|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) The user is more prone to nausea, vomiting or seizure.
(b) The effects of the drugs are intensified and enriched.
(c) The effects of the drugs immediately wear off.
(d) Any negative effects being experienced by the user will disappear.
2. What is the Dharma-body?
(a) Truth, joy and enlightenment.
(b) Freedom from suffering, enlightenment and transcendence.
(c) Truth, mind, and nature.
(d) Body, mind and spirit.
3. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
(a) Use of ambient music.
(b) Use of a repetitive hand movement.
(c) Use of a stroboscopic lamp.
(d) Use of various sound frequencies.
4. What is self-flagellation?
(a) The act of piercing one's skin.
(b) The act of cutting oneself.
(c) The act of whipping oneself.
(d) The act of burning oneself.
5. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
(a) It can have serious or even fatal side effects, but only in a very small percentage of people who use it.
(b) It can alter the subject's mental state without any noticeable side effects.
(c) It is only safe to use in small doses.
(d) It alters one's mental state, but often induces anxiety or panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What materials were often used for self-flagellation?
2. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
3. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
4. What is the main reason for conducting the experiment in which the author participates?
5. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)