|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a specialist who the author feels should be consulted by an aspiring mystic?
2. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
(b) They appear as movement trails and waves.
(c) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
(d) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
3. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Northeast.
(b) The Southwest.
(c) The Southeast.
(d) The Midwest.
4. In what year does the experiment take place?
5. How would a spiritual person interpret chemically-induced visionary experiences?
(a) Most truly spiritual people don't believe in visionary experiences.
(b) They were sent by God, and the chemicals had nothing to do with it.
(c) All experiences are chemically-induced, including the divine ones, because that's just how our bodies work.
(d) A vision which is chemically-induced cannot be divine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
2. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
3. What materials were often used for self-flagellation?
4. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
5. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)