|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 25.
(b) 1 in 100.
(c) 1 in 70.
(d) 1 in 80.
2. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
3. According to the author, in Appendix 2 what was the result of our ancestors' winter diets?
(a) By spring, they were suffering from scurvy and pellagra.
(b) They often had cravings for foods that weren't available to them, which made them irritable.
(c) They sometimes died because they went out searching for food when the weather was still inclement and wintry.
(d) They lost a great deal of weight during the winter.
4. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
(b) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
(c) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
(d) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
5. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
(a) The second doesn't recount any specific experience.
(b) The second was written before the author's experimentation with drugs.
(c) The second essay has a darker, more sinister tone than the first.
(d) The second was originally a journal entry, and the author didn't intend to publish it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
2. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
3. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
4. In what year does the experiment take place?
5. What is the Dharma-body?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)