|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What researcher performed experiments with touching parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
2. Which physiological system's tissues are more "vulnerable," according to the author, than the others?
(a) The nervous system.
(b) The cardiovascular system.
(c) The gastrointestinal system.
(d) The limbic system.
3. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
4. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
(a) Because human beings are not predisposed to look for action in art.
(b) Because it would be sacreligious to presume to know what divine beings do with their time.
(c) Because it is too difficult for most painters to make something beautiful and to also convey a message with it.
(d) Because their role is not an active one.
5. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
(a) Multiple personality disorder.
(b) Attention deficit disorder.
(c) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
2. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
3. What affects one's ability to have visionary experiences, according to the author, if one is using the first method mentioned in Appendix 1?
4. How was the drug typically used up until the 1950s?
5. According to the author in Appendix 2, how would "proponents of a 'Nothing-But' philosophy" interpret mystical experiences?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)