|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What researcher performed experiments with touching parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
2. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 100.
(b) 1 in 25.
(c) 1 in 80.
(d) 1 in 70.
3. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
4. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
(a) Multiple personality disorder.
(b) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
(c) Attention deficit disorder.
5. Which of these is NOT a specialist who the author feels should be consulted by an aspiring mystic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What chemicals were released into the bloodstream during the act of self-flagellation?
2. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
3. What is Heaven, according to the author?
4. According to the author, what are the two reasons for the manner in which visionaries are received?
5. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)