|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Holy Week such an effective spiritual practice, according to the author?
(a) Because it was preceded by Lent.
(b) Because it worked upon the penitents' feelings of guilt.
(c) Because the faithful were gathered in large groups for the services.
(d) Because there is vivid and graphic mythology associated with it.
2. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
(a) From the user's memories.
(b) From the user's imagination.
(c) From the user's racial memory.
(d) From the Mind-at-large.
3. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
(a) They don't seem to matter as much as they usually do.
(b) They have completely ceased to matter to him.
(c) They are warped and inaccurate.
(d) They are more noticeable and pronounced than usual.
4. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
5. What is NOT a side-effect experienced by under-nourished individuals, according to the author in Appendix 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
2. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
3. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
4. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
5. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)