|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 70.
(b) 1 in 100.
(c) 1 in 25.
(d) 1 in 80.
2. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
3. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
(b) Multiple personality disorder.
(c) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
(d) Attention deficit disorder.
4. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
(a) It is mostly negative, but the positive parts make it worthwhile.
(b) It is neither positive nor negative; it just is.
(c) It is mostly positive, but frightening at times.
(d) It is positive for him, but he can see where it would be frightening for others.
5. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, at the end of Appendix 1 what is one claim that is made almost universally by visionaries?
2. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
3. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
4. What is Heaven, according to the author?
5. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)