|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
(a) Subjects perceiving that they are able to communicate with a higher power.
(b) The cheapness and availability of the substance used.
(c) The rarity of negative side effects in users.
(d) A marked increase in the subject's ability to see things with their eyes closed.
2. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
3. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
(b) Attention deficit disorder.
(c) Multiple personality disorder.
(d) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
4. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
5. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
2. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
3. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
4. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
5. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)