|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
(a) Use of a stroboscopic lamp.
(b) Use of a repetitive hand movement.
(c) Use of ambient music.
(d) Use of various sound frequencies.
2. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The Southwest.
(c) The Southeast.
(d) The Northeast.
3. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 80.
(b) 1 in 70.
(c) 1 in 25.
(d) 1 in 100.
4. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
5. Which is NOT a practice that mimics the effects which result from the first technique described in Appendix 1?
(d) Yogic breathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
2. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
3. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
4. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
5. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)