|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
2. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
3. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
(b) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
(c) They appear as movement trails and waves.
(d) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
4. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
5. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
(a) Drugs and hypnosis.
(b) Fasting and meditation.
(c) Drugs and fasting.
(d) Meditation and drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
2. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
3. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
4. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
5. According to the author, what did one subject see while under the effects of mescalin and the second technique described in Appendix 1?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)