|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author wonder about the neurological patterns produced during visionary experiences at the end of Appendix 1?
(a) Why people are so fond of experiencing these patterns.
(b) What happens to these patterns when the experience is over.
(c) How the experiencer's brain is affected by the experience.
(d) How these patterns can be reproduced at the user's will.
2. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
(a) To get a reprieve from feelings of guilt or inadequacy.
(b) To prepare themselves for judgment after death.
(c) To achieve a better understanding of themselves and the teachings of their religion.
(d) To achieve a natural high, created by feelings of religious exultation.
3. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
4. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Southwest.
(b) The Northeast.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The Southeast.
5. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
2. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
3. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
4. Which of these is NOT a vision which the author thinks might be produced by prodding the brain with an electrode?
5. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)