|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a practice that mimics the effects which result from the first technique described in Appendix 1?
(c) Yogic breathing.
2. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) Any negative effects being experienced by the user will disappear.
(b) The effects of the drugs immediately wear off.
(c) The effects of the drugs are intensified and enriched.
(d) The user is more prone to nausea, vomiting or seizure.
3. What is Heaven, according to the author?
(a) A concept invented by humanity because of our desperate need for hope.
(b) A vantage point for viewing divinity.
(c) A fallacy, created by those who misinterpreted visionary experiences.
(d) A place of rest and repose, where no one is doing anything.
4. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
(a) A tree.
(b) A cactus.
(c) A bush.
(d) A flower.
5. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
(b) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
(c) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
(d) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
2. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
3. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
4. In what year does the experiment take place?
5. What does the author wonder about the neurological patterns produced during visionary experiences at the end of Appendix 1?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)