|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Southeast.
(b) The Southwest.
(c) The Northeast.
(d) The Midwest.
2. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
3. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
(a) Fasting and sensory deprivation.
(b) Fasting and meditation.
(c) Hypnosis and fasting.
(d) Meditation and sensory deprivation.
4. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
(a) Multiple personality disorder.
(b) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
(c) Attention deficit disorder.
5. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
(b) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
(c) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
(d) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
2. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
3. What does the author wonder about the neurological patterns produced during visionary experiences at the end of Appendix 1?
4. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
5. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)