|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
2. In what year does the experiment take place?
3. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
4. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
(a) They don't seem to matter as much as they usually do.
(b) They have completely ceased to matter to him.
(c) They are more noticeable and pronounced than usual.
(d) They are warped and inaccurate.
5. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
(a) It doesn't matter to him at all.
(b) He is keenly aware of, and saddened by, each passing second.
(c) He feels that time speeds up at times, and slows down at others.
(d) His perception of time is unchanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do utilitarians feel about art?
2. What is Heaven, according to the author?
3. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
4. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
5. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)