|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
(a) It demonstrates the suggestibility of humans.
(b) It offers another way for people to achieve the same results that they would get with drugs.
(c) It gets psychiatrists another step closer to understanding how hypnotism works.
(d) It shows the power that art has over the human mind.
2. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
(a) Drugs and fasting.
(b) Drugs and hypnosis.
(c) Fasting and meditation.
(d) Meditation and drugs.
3. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
4. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear as movement trails and waves.
(b) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
(c) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
(d) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
5. What is the Dharma-body?
(a) Freedom from suffering, enlightenment and transcendence.
(b) Truth, mind, and nature.
(c) Body, mind and spirit.
(d) Truth, joy and enlightenment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
2. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
3. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
4. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
5. What is known about the substance being tested as of the year the experiment is performed?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)