|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
(a) It makes users unable to recognize or remember familiar people, places and objects.
(b) It affects the user's ability to react appropriately to potentially dangerous situations.
(c) It blocks the brain's ability to filter sensory input.
(d) It affects the brain's enzymes and absorption of glucose.
2. How was the drug typically used up until the 1950s?
(a) Recreationally, and in religious ceremonies.
(c) To sedate those with psychiatric problems.
(d) In religious ceremonies.
3. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
(d) Angel dust.
4. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
(a) A cactus.
(b) A bush.
(c) A flower.
(d) A tree.
5. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
2. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
3. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
4. What is the art form which is most likely to transport those who experience it?
5. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)