|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
2. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
(a) Angel dust.
3. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
4. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
(a) It offers another way for people to achieve the same results that they would get with drugs.
(b) It gets psychiatrists another step closer to understanding how hypnotism works.
(c) It shows the power that art has over the human mind.
(d) It demonstrates the suggestibility of humans.
5. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The Southwest.
(c) The Southeast.
(d) The Northeast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
2. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
3. How do utilitarians feel about art?
4. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
5. How was the drug typically used up until the 1950s?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)