|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people sometimes leave flowers as a religious offering, according to the author?
(a) Because they don't have anything precious to give, but flowers are always available.
(b) Because they feel, on some level, that they are giving back something which is indigenous to Heaven.
(c) Because they don't really understand the significance of doing so.
(d) Because they are a living sacrifice but not associated with feelings of guilt and shame the way other sacrifices are.
2. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
(a) It makes users unable to recognize or remember familiar people, places and objects.
(b) It blocks the brain's ability to filter sensory input.
(c) It affects the user's ability to react appropriately to potentially dangerous situations.
(d) It affects the brain's enzymes and absorption of glucose.
3. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
4. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
(a) Its chemical makeup is similar to adrenalin.
(b) It was a natural by-product of processing the plant in certain ways.
(c) It shouldn't be used by people with anxiety or panic disorders.
(d) It permanently alters the user's brain in some ways.
5. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
Short Answer Questions
1. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
2. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
3. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
4. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
5. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)