|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
2. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
(a) It makes users unable to recognize or remember familiar people, places and objects.
(b) It affects the brain's enzymes and absorption of glucose.
(c) It blocks the brain's ability to filter sensory input.
(d) It affects the user's ability to react appropriately to potentially dangerous situations.
3. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
(b) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
(c) They appear as movement trails and waves.
(d) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
4. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) An allergy to mescalin.
(c) A negative outlook on life.
(d) The way that mescalin is broken down in the body.
5. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
2. Why is it important that people can sometimes be hypnotized by gemstones?
3. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
4. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
5. What is the main reason for conducting the experiment in which the author participates?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)