|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
2. What is the Dharma-body?
(a) Freedom from suffering, enlightenment and transcendence.
(b) Truth, joy and enlightenment.
(c) Truth, mind, and nature.
(d) Body, mind and spirit.
3. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
(a) Visions can be induced, while dreams only happen randomly.
(b) Color is rare in dreams, but is always present in visions.
(c) Dreams can be had while awake or asleep, while visions only occur when one is awake.
(d) Visions are often similar to religious experiences, but dreams usually aren't.
4. According to Huxley, what causes negative visionary experiences?
(a) An allergy to mescalin.
(b) A negative outlook on life.
(c) The way that mescalin is broken down in the body.
(d) Mental illness.
5. The author feels that all human beings are naturally what?
(a) Solitary, but not introspective.
(b) Introspective and solitary.
(c) Introspective, but group-oriented.
(d) Solitary, but sometimes focused on others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people sometimes leave flowers as a religious offering, according to the author?
2. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
3. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
4. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
5. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)