|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
(b) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
(c) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
(d) They appear as movement trails and waves.
2. What is the biggest difference between dreams and visions, according to the author?
(a) Color is rare in dreams, but is always present in visions.
(b) Visions can be induced, while dreams only happen randomly.
(c) Visions are often similar to religious experiences, but dreams usually aren't.
(d) Dreams can be had while awake or asleep, while visions only occur when one is awake.
3. In what year does the experiment take place?
4. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
(a) It is mostly negative, but the positive parts make it worthwhile.
(b) It is mostly positive, but frightening at times.
(c) It is positive for him, but he can see where it would be frightening for others.
(d) It is neither positive nor negative; it just is.
5. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
(a) Because the pieces made from them are usually very large.
(b) Because they are more difficult to work with than other media.
(c) Because they last longer than many other pieces of art.
(d) Because they are so hard to find.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
2. What two techniques, according to the author, can produce effects similar to those of mescalin?
3. What is Heaven, according to the author?
4. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
5. What is the main reason for conducting the experiment in which the author participates?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)