|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do utilitarians feel about art?
(a) It is only worthwhile if it is beautiful and functional, as in the case of fine architecture.
(b) It doesn't have much value.
(c) It is useful only when it is appreciated by most of society.
(d) It is a necessary diversion for humanity.
2. What substance is produced when adrenalin decomposes?
3. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
(a) Because human beings are not predisposed to look for action in art.
(b) Because it is too difficult for most painters to make something beautiful and to also convey a message with it.
(c) Because their role is not an active one.
(d) Because it would be sacreligious to presume to know what divine beings do with their time.
4. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
5. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
(d) Angel dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
2. What is the main reason for conducting the experiment in which the author participates?
3. According to the author, which form of art is most practically useful?
4. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
5. In what year does the experiment take place?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)