|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the experiment take place?
2. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
(a) It blocks the brain's ability to filter sensory input.
(b) It affects the brain's enzymes and absorption of glucose.
(c) It affects the user's ability to react appropriately to potentially dangerous situations.
(d) It makes users unable to recognize or remember familiar people, places and objects.
3. How does the author respond when the researcher asks him if his experience with the drug is positive or negative?
(a) It is positive for him, but he can see where it would be frightening for others.
(b) It is neither positive nor negative; it just is.
(c) It is mostly negative, but the positive parts make it worthwhile.
(d) It is mostly positive, but frightening at times.
4. Why are marble and stone often particularly impressive materials in art?
(a) Because they are so hard to find.
(b) Because they are more difficult to work with than other media.
(c) Because the pieces made from them are usually very large.
(d) Because they last longer than many other pieces of art.
5. The substance produced by the breakdown of adrenaline mimics the effect of what psychological disorder?
(a) Attention deficit disorder.
(b) Multiple personality disorder.
(d) Post-traumatic stress disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the second essay differ from the first?
2. What is Heaven, according to the author?
3. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
4. To what field of science does the author compare the human mind at the beginning of "Heaven and Hell"?
5. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)