|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are light and color typically experienced by mescalin users while they are under the influence of the drug?
(a) They appear in geometric shapes, such as buildings or mosaics.
(b) They appear as movement trails and waves.
(c) They appear in natural patterns and tessellations.
(d) They appear in soft, rounded shapes, such as balls or orbs.
2. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
(a) They don't seem to matter as much as they usually do.
(b) They are warped and inaccurate.
(c) They have completely ceased to matter to him.
(d) They are more noticeable and pronounced than usual.
3. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
4. The substance being tested has been used by Native Americans of what region for hundreds of years?
(a) The Southeast.
(b) The Northeast.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The Southwest.
5. What is the Dharma-body?
(a) Body, mind and spirit.
(b) Truth, joy and enlightenment.
(c) Freedom from suffering, enlightenment and transcendence.
(d) Truth, mind, and nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author feel about the passage of time during the experiment?
2. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
3. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
4. Why do people sometimes leave flowers as a religious offering, according to the author?
5. In what year does the experiment take place?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)