|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do utilitarians feel about art?
(a) It is only worthwhile if it is beautiful and functional, as in the case of fine architecture.
(b) It is a necessary diversion for humanity.
(c) It doesn't have much value.
(d) It is useful only when it is appreciated by most of society.
2. What is Heaven, according to the author?
(a) A vantage point for viewing divinity.
(b) A concept invented by humanity because of our desperate need for hope.
(c) A place of rest and repose, where no one is doing anything.
(d) A fallacy, created by those who misinterpreted visionary experiences.
3. What discovery was made about the substance being tested in the early 1950s?
(a) It shouldn't be used by people with anxiety or panic disorders.
(b) It was a natural by-product of processing the plant in certain ways.
(c) Its chemical makeup is similar to adrenalin.
(d) It permanently alters the user's brain in some ways.
4. In what type of plant is the substance being tested commonly found?
(a) A tree.
(b) A cactus.
(c) A flower.
(d) A bush.
5. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author respond when asked about spatial relationships?
2. What are the first objects upon which the author intently focuses during the experiment?
3. What is the Dharma-body?
4. What substance is the author testing in the experiment?
5. What is the name of the plant in which the substance being tested is found?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)