Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affects one's ability to have visionary experiences, according to the author, if one is using the first method mentioned in Appendix 1?
(a) The amount of substance that is allowed to reach the brain.
(b) The person's disposition before use.
(c) The number of times a person has used.
(d) The duration of use.
2. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
3. Why were our ancestors' visions often negative, according to the author?
(a) They lived in more dangerous environments.
(b) They had shorter life spans.
(c) They believed in the Devil and were afraid of damnation.
(d) Their visions were induced by a different means.
4. Why is the first technique in Appendix 1 even less understood than mescalin use?
(a) It is used by very few people in comparison to mescalin.
(b) No research has been performed to determine its long-term effects.
(c) There's a lot of variation in what people see while using this technique.
(d) Its specific effects on the brain are not well understood.
5. What is the political purpose of regalia and pageantry, according to the author?
(a) To prove one's worth as a leader.
(b) To impress the lower-class subjects.
(c) To impress other aristocrats and politicians.
(d) To express individuality and taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 3 about the past?
2. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
3. What is the main quality of the drug being tested?
4. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
5. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)