|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, in what year did the rediscovery of La Tour begin?
2. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
(a) A marked increase in the subject's ability to see things with their eyes closed.
(b) The rarity of negative side effects in users.
(c) Subjects perceiving that they are able to communicate with a higher power.
(d) The cheapness and availability of the substance used.
3. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
(a) Use of various sound frequencies.
(b) Use of a repetitive hand movement.
(c) Use of a stroboscopic lamp.
(d) Use of ambient music.
4. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
5. How does mescalin affect the user's brain function?
(a) It affects the user's ability to react appropriately to potentially dangerous situations.
(b) It affects the brain's enzymes and absorption of glucose.
(c) It makes users unable to recognize or remember familiar people, places and objects.
(d) It blocks the brain's ability to filter sensory input.
Short Answer Questions
1. What development contributed greatly, according to the author, to pageantry and theatrical spectacle?
2. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 3 about the past?
3. When did fireworks re-enter the world of popular entertainment, according to the author?
4. How would a spiritual person interpret chemically-induced visionary experiences?
5. What practice has been undertaken by almost all religious aspirants, according to the author?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)