|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe La Tour as a person?
(a) Hard, avaricious, and proud.
(b) Generous and hard-working.
(c) Humble, wise, and meek.
(d) Gruff but kind.
2. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 25.
(b) 1 in 70.
(c) 1 in 80.
(d) 1 in 100.
3. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) The effects of the drugs immediately wear off.
(b) Any negative effects being experienced by the user will disappear.
(c) The user is more prone to nausea, vomiting or seizure.
(d) The effects of the drugs are intensified and enriched.
4. What is the subject of most of La Tour's paintings?
(a) Women performing daily tasks.
(b) An object seen by the light of a single candle.
(c) Still-life images of fruit and flowers.
(d) Landscapes and nature.
5. According to the author, why do religious devotees participate in practices to atone for their sins?
(a) To achieve a better understanding of themselves and the teachings of their religion.
(b) To get a reprieve from feelings of guilt or inadequacy.
(c) To prepare themselves for judgment after death.
(d) To achieve a natural high, created by feelings of religious exultation.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
2. What topic does the author explore in Appendix 2?
3. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 3 about the past?
4. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
5. Why are religious beings often portrayed doing nothing?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)