|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT an object or work of art that the author references in comparison to the subjects of La Tour's paintings?
(a) Da Vinci's apostles.
(b) Piero's angels.
(c) A Bodhisattva from Khmer.
2. Who used to say that when he self-flagellated God would deny him nothing?
(a) Benedict XVI.
(b) The Apostle Paul.
(c) Saint John.
(d) The Cure d'Ars.
3. To what researcher does the author refer when commenting on the first technique in Appendix 1?
4. What does the candle light do for La Tour's paintings, according to the author?
(a) Allows La Tour to make the background of his paintings dark, and therefore less detailed.
(b) Creates a unique way to light and shade the subjects.
(c) Makes them different from other painter's works, even when the subjects are similar.
(d) Stresses the importance and divinity of something simply existing.
5. According to the author, what are the two ways to achieve a level of consciousness that allows for exploration of the undiscovered areas of the mind?
(a) Meditation and drugs.
(b) Fasting and meditation.
(c) Drugs and hypnosis.
(d) Drugs and fasting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of most of La Tour's paintings?
2. According to the author, what is one example of the importance of colors and light to many cultures?
3. What development contributed greatly, according to the author, to pageantry and theatrical spectacle?
4. Which of these is NOT a specialist who the author feels should be consulted by an aspiring mystic?
5. What does the author say La Tour paints, at the end of Appendix 4?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)