|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is the most important effect of the first technique mentioned in Appendix 1?
(a) The rarity of negative side effects in users.
(b) Subjects perceiving that they are able to communicate with a higher power.
(c) The cheapness and availability of the substance used.
(d) A marked increase in the subject's ability to see things with their eyes closed.
2. What development contributed greatly, according to the author, to pageantry and theatrical spectacle?
(a) Widespread literacy.
(b) Artificial lighting.
(c) Mass production of clothing and jewelry.
3. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
(a) From the user's memories.
(b) From the user's imagination.
(c) From the user's racial memory.
(d) From the Mind-at-large.
4. According to the author, where do the mentally-ill people discussed at the beginning of Appendix 6 spend their time?
(a) On Earth.
(b) In Hell.
(c) None of these places.
(d) In Heaven.
5. According to the author, at the end of Appendix 1 what is one claim that is made almost universally by visionaries?
(a) They can only have the visions when they are in the right frame of mind to do so.
(b) They never have the same vision twice.
(c) They are unable to recall the experience in anything approaching its original intensity.
(d) They are unable to produce the visions at will, regardless of the methods they try.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT something with which schizophrenics have lost touch, according to the author?
2. What does the author say about vision-inducing devices and effects at the beginning of Appendix 3?
3. What, according to the author, breaks the silence in which schizophrenics exist?
4. According to the author, what is "one of the most magical and transporting of spectacles"?
5. What film does the author reference as an example of the distorted documentary?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)