|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a magic lantern show?
(a) A projection created with cut-glass and candlelight.
(b) A laser light display.
(c) The nineteenth-century equivalent of a movie.
(d) An early fireworks display.
2. According to the author, what are the odds of a negative reaction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) 1 in 80.
(b) 1 in 25.
(c) 1 in 70.
(d) 1 in 100.
3. What do schizophrenics share with other psychotics, according to the author?
(a) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a greater extent.
(b) They share the same symptoms, and the intensity of those symptoms is about equal.
(c) They don't share the same symptoms, but they share the same illness and brain dysfunction.
(d) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a lesser extent.
4. Artificial lighting gave, according to the author, a new visionary quality to what form of ancient art?
5. What group of mentally-ill people does the author write about in Appendix 6?
(c) Heroin addicts.
Short Answer Questions
1. A mental state similar to that of schizophrenia can be induced by administering what drug?
2. According to the author, what did Ben Jonson fail to understand about theatrical spectacle?
3. What does the world inhabited by schizophrenics and other psychotics resemble, according to the author?
4. In theological terms, the progress the author mentions at the end of Appendix 6 is a transition from what to what?
5. What affects one's ability to have visionary experiences, according to the author, if one is using the first method mentioned in Appendix 1?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)