|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a magic lantern show?
(a) A projection created with cut-glass and candlelight.
(b) An early fireworks display.
(c) The nineteenth-century equivalent of a movie.
(d) A laser light display.
2. From whence does the author believe visionary experiences originate?
(a) From the user's imagination.
(b) From the Mind-at-large.
(c) From the user's memories.
(d) From the user's racial memory.
3. What were the two primary uses of the science of "pyrotechny," according to the author?
(a) Religious ceremony and weaponry.
(b) Weaponry and fireworks.
(c) Fireworks and stage lighting.
(d) Stage lighting and religious ceremony.
4. What event was, according to the author, an example of ancient pageantry which was enriched and improved by technological advances?
(a) The inauguration of the first President, George Washington.
(b) The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
(c) The first performance of "Romeo and Juliet" in a theater equipped with modern technology.
(d) The first motion picture.
5. Which is NOT one of the "visionary arts" that the author mentions at the beginning of Appendix 3?
(a) Theatrical spectacle.
(d) Religious ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT a type of progress the author mentions at the end of Appendix 6?
2. How did "pyrotechny" begin in Europe, according to the author?
3. The author discusses the history of what type of ideas at the end of Appendix 6?
4. What do schizophrenics share with other psychotics, according to the author?
5. What researcher performed experiments with touching parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)