|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the author, breaks the silence in which schizophrenics exist?
(a) Divine intervention.
(b) The occasional heartfelt words of a loved one.
(c) Their own screams.
(d) The gibbering of ghosts.
2. What does the author specifically state in Appendix 6 does NOT open the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo?
(a) "Massy keys of metals twain."
(b) The presence or absence of certain chemicals in the blood.
(d) Spiritual enlightenment.
3. What group of mentally-ill people does the author write about in Appendix 6?
(b) Heroin addicts.
4. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
(b) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
(c) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
(d) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
5. What is the second technique, described by the author in Appendix 1, for inducing a visionary state?
(a) Use of ambient music.
(b) Use of various sound frequencies.
(c) Use of a repetitive hand movement.
(d) Use of a stroboscopic lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Artificial lighting gave, according to the author, a new visionary quality to what form of ancient art?
2. What development contributed greatly, according to the author, to pageantry and theatrical spectacle?
3. What does the world inhabited by schizophrenics and other psychotics resemble, according to the author?
4. Which of these is NOT something with which schizophrenics have lost touch, according to the author?
5. According to the author, what is "one of the most magical and transporting of spectacles"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)