|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Appendix 6, what opens the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo for the living?
(b) The presence or absence of certain chemicals in the blood.
(c) Spiritual enlightenment.
(d) "Massy keys of metals twain."
2. The author discusses the history of what type of ideas at the end of Appendix 6?
3. The author compares schizophrenics to which of Sheol's beings?
4. To whom does the author attribute the concept of Hades, mentioned in Appendix 6?
5. What were the two primary uses of the science of "pyrotechny," according to the author?
(a) Fireworks and stage lighting.
(b) Stage lighting and religious ceremony.
(c) Religious ceremony and weaponry.
(d) Weaponry and fireworks.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is theatrical spectacle?
2. What, according to the author, breaks the silence in which schizophrenics exist?
3. What affects one's ability to have visionary experiences, according to the author, if one is using the first method mentioned in Appendix 1?
4. What results were produced when a researcher prodded parts of the brain with a fine electrode?
5. According to the author, where do the mentally-ill people discussed at the beginning of Appendix 6 spend their time?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)