|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the author, breaks the silence in which schizophrenics exist?
(a) The occasional heartfelt words of a loved one.
(b) Divine intervention.
(c) Their own screams.
(d) The gibbering of ghosts.
2. What event was, according to the author, an example of ancient pageantry which was enriched and improved by technological advances?
(a) The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
(b) The first performance of "Romeo and Juliet" in a theater equipped with modern technology.
(c) The first motion picture.
(d) The inauguration of the first President, George Washington.
3. What is the difference between the two techniques the author describes in Appendix 1?
(a) One is well-researched, while the other is relatively unknown.
(b) One is completely non-toxic, while the other has some lasting side effects.
(c) One is costly, while the other is inexpensive.
(d) One involves chemicals, while the other makes use of physics.
4. What happens when mescalin or LSD is used in conjunction with the second technique described in Appendix 1?
(a) The effects of the drugs immediately wear off.
(b) The user is more prone to nausea, vomiting or seizure.
(c) The effects of the drugs are intensified and enriched.
(d) Any negative effects being experienced by the user will disappear.
5. What does the author specifically state in Appendix 6 does NOT open the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo?
(a) "Massy keys of metals twain."
(b) Spiritual enlightenment.
(d) The presence or absence of certain chemicals in the blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a vision which the author thinks might be produced by prodding the brain with an electrode?
2. To what sort of life are schizophrenics condemned, according to the author?
3. What is the potential danger of the second technique described in Appendix 1?
4. What film does the author reference as an example of the distorted documentary?
5. What is the highest point of the transformation the author discusses in Appendix 6?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)