|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Appendix 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, where do the mentally-ill people discussed at the beginning of Appendix 6 spend their time?
(a) In Hell.
(b) In Heaven.
(c) On Earth.
(d) None of these places.
2. According to the author in Appendix 6, what opens the doors of heaven, hell, and limbo for the living?
(a) Spiritual enlightenment.
(c) "Massy keys of metals twain."
(d) The presence or absence of certain chemicals in the blood.
3. According to the author, what is "one of the most magical and transporting of spectacles"?
(a) An opera.
(b) A religious ceremony.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A fireworks display.
4. What do schizophrenics share with other psychotics, according to the author?
(a) They don't share the same symptoms, but they share the same illness and brain dysfunction.
(b) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a lesser extent.
(c) They have the same symptoms, but schizophrenics experience them to a greater extent.
(d) They share the same symptoms, and the intensity of those symptoms is about equal.
5. The author discusses the history of what type of ideas at the end of Appendix 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the political purpose of regalia and pageantry, according to the author?
2. What is the first of the two methods the author discusses in Appendix 1 for inducing visionary experiences?
3. What does the author say at the end of Appendix 3 about the past?
4. The author compares schizophrenics to which of Sheol's beings?
5. Artificial lighting gave, according to the author, a new visionary quality to what form of ancient art?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)