|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dicey's suggestion to Gram concerning the teacher note?
(a) Write a return note stating Maybeth does the best she can.
(b) Ignore the request for a meeting.
(c) Dicey offers to see the music teacher after school the next day.
(d) Write a return note suggesting Maybeth move to a different class.
2. What is it about the history paper James writes that is different than the usual?
(a) James researched the weather patterns that existed during the Pilgrim voyage.
(b) James focuses only on the children aboard the Pilgrim voyage.
(c) James details the personal wealth of some of the leaders on the voyage.
(d) James details the reasons why each Pilgrim chose to come to America.
3. What is Gram's reaction to all the paperwork about welfare assistance?
(a) She refuses to respond to the personal questions.
(b) She intentionally omits much detail.
(c) She finds the papers complicated and tells Dicey she needs her help.
(d) She cannot do it so gives it all back to the lawyer.
4. What is the message in the note from Maybeth's teacher?
(a) Maybeth is in danger of failing.
(b) The note requests a meeting the afternoon of the next day.
(c) Maybeth's classroom conduct is out of control.
(d) Maybeth has been insulting to the teacher.
5. What recent find in the barn distracts Dicey's thoughts toward a daydream?
(a) An old pickup truck.
(b) A small sailboat.
(c) An old hunting rifle.
(d) A leather horse saddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dicey like to do for solitary relaxation each afternoon?
2. What is Gram's advice to Dicey about life in general?
3. Who befriends Dicey in science class and asks to partner with her?
4. Who is softly playing at the piano keys after dinner trying to harmonize a song tune?
5. What does Millie do in an expert manner that Dicey finds interesting to observe?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)