|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the young children do on Halloween when Gram and Dicey are not home?
(a) They start a small fire in the marsh grass.
(b) They use Gram's old clothes for Halloween costumes.
(c) They go into the attic without permission.
(d) They eat the Halloween candy Gram had set aside as a surprise.
2. Who is softly playing at the piano keys after dinner trying to harmonize a song tune?
3. What does Millie do in an expert manner that Dicey finds interesting to observe?
(a) Cut up a side of beef.
(b) Recite from memory the sizes and quantities for re-order.
(c) Carve designs in the cheese on display.
(d) Arrange the cold cuts in the deli case.
4. What does the nun at day camp recommend concerning Maybeth's learning progress?
(a) She recommends Maybeth attend a school for the retarded.
(b) She recommends Maybeth spend more time around adults.
(c) She recommends Maybeth attend the local Catholic grade school.
(d) She recommends Maybeth spend more time among other girls.
5. What is Dicey's reaction when the children go to bed without saying goodnight to her?
(a) She is upset at being slighted by the children's behavior.
(b) She is proud the children are showing some independence.
(c) She is irritated at Gram for taking over supervision of the children.
(d) She feels left out as a part of their daily routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image of her mother comes to her mind as Dicey is sitting alone on the dock at sunset?
2. What is James' first reaction to Maybeth's plight?
3. What is Dicey's thought about her own paper and James' paper about Pilgrims?
4. What is it about Gram that Dicey realizes when she notices how Gram reacts to Maybeth's lateness?
5. What is Gram's announcement concerning finances?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)