|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dicey's thought about her own paper and James' paper about Pilgrims?
(a) James is just too smart for her to keep up with.
(b) James usually misses the point about life happenings.
(c) James has a good mind but has trouble putting thoughts on paper.
(d) She can organize her thoughts and her writing better than James can organize his.
2. What is the common thread in the kids' background that seems to stifle true joy of life?
(a) Serious physical and mental illness is hereditary in the family.
(b) Hardships and loneliness are constant facts of their daily existence.
(c) Their comfortable former life in Massachusetts can never be recaptured.
(d) They have always been poor and looked down upon.
3. What is Dicey's response when Mina says she counted on Dicey not to be ordinary?
(a) Dicey tells her that she wants more than anything to be ordinary.
(b) Dicey tells her not to count on me for anything.
(c) Dicey tells Mina she does not want the apron she made, Mina can have it.
(d) Dicey tells her not to wait after class anymore.
4. What is Gram's announcement concerning finances?
(a) The insurance company has denied a cash settlement for the family.
(b) Maryland County Trust Bureau wants to visit the family, possibly to provide funding.
(c) The insurance company has approved a cash settlement for the family.
(d) They must go on welfare in order to make ends meet.
5. Who is the subject of the long letter mailed from Boston to Gram?
(a) Dicey's mother.
(b) Dicey's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gram's advice to Dicey as they conclude talking about Maybeth's note?
2. What does James express to Dicey that he finds odd about Gram?
3. What are Gram's personal thoughts concerning the finances?
4. What is the new home economics topic that Dicey dislikes just the same as the apron project?
5. Why is it that Dicey dislikes home economics class?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)