|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought occurs to Dicey as she resumes washing the market windows?
(a) People in small towns are petty and self-absorbed.
(b) If you learn something, that does not mean you have to do it.
(c) She does not really need school, she would be happy with a little store.
(d) She needs to try harder in school so she can do more than wash windows.
2. What is Millie's description when Dicey asks what Gram was like when young?
(a) Millie describes Gram as rugged and self-reliant when a young teen.
(b) Millie describes Gram as pert and outspoken with a sharp witty tongue.
(c) Millie describes Gram as weepy and overly emotional when a young teen.
(d) Millie describes Gram as extremely shy and painfully withdrawn as a child.
3. What is the factor that increases the boredom Dicey endures in English class?
(a) The standard fluff her classmates come up with.
(b) The almost total lack of responses from her classmates.
(c) The simplistic, silly explanations by the teacher.
(d) The immature responses her classmates come up with.
4. Who befriends Dicey in science class and asks to partner with her?
5. What is the first thing Gram announces when she finishes reading the letter?
(a) Gram says life brings the unexpected.
(b) Gram says long letters always bring the worst news.
(c) Gram says long letters always bring the best news.
(d) Gram says she wants a cup of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lingerle's surprise when they arrive at the airport?
2. After staying at the motel for the night, where do Gram and Dicey go in the morning?
3. What is clear to Dicey when see sees Momma?
4. What tasks does Dicey do that she thinks will make a big difference in the store?
5. How does the home ec teacher explain the importance of the course?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)