|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the subject of the long letter mailed from Boston to Gram?
(b) Dicey's mother.
(d) Dicey's father.
2. What does James offer as proof that Maybeth is making progress?
(a) Maybeth can verbally summarize what she has just read.
(b) Maybeth understands the silly jokes in her easy reader book.
(c) Maybeth does not use word lists any longer, she can now sit with a book.
(d) Maybeth can later recall and describe what she has read previously.
3. What are Dicey's thoughts as she realizes the younger ones are getting along without her?
(a) She resents Gram's easy manner in taking over the responsibility for the kids.
(b) She feels abandoned and resentful at being left out of their lives.
(c) She feels good about not having all the responsibility for the kids.
(d) She thinks James is growing too fast and is trying to take her rightful place.
4. Though Liza seems not to notice, what does Gram sit and do?
(a) Gram fills in information on the job forms.
(b) Gram writes a letter to the bank for Liza.
(c) Gram talks non-stop about the past and about the kids.
(d) Gram does the meal planning for Liza's diet.
5. What happened with Sammy at school that Dicey finds reassuring and amusing?
(a) Sammy lost a bet and had to kiss a girl, and he got detention when she screamed.
(b) Sammy and his friends were caught climbing in trees behind the school.
(c) Sammy told several funny stories that got the teacher and students laughing.
(d) Sammy got his shoes wet, had to go shoeless inside school all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mina and Dicey talk about plans for a personal future, what are Dicey's plans?
2. What are Dicey's thoughts about her grade for home ec?
3. What are Dicey's thoughts about her grade for English?
4. What does Dicey like to do for solitary relaxation each afternoon?
5. What is it that distracts Dicey as she hurries from the school to the bike rack?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)