|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of the meeting with the music teacher concerning Maybeth?
(a) He wants to give her weekly private lessons.
(b) No changes will be made until after Dicey talks with the teacher.
(c) Maybeth will undertake remedial work in order to catch up with the class.
(d) Maybeth will acquire a different book and try harder.
2. As Dicey concludes talking with the man, what decision does she make?
(a) The man at the glass case is not easy to like.
(b) Dicey cannot spend the remainder of Gram's money.
(c) Liza is coming home with Dicey and Gram.
(d) Liza would enjoy all the wood carvings in the shop.
3. After staying at the motel for the night, where do Gram and Dicey go in the morning?
(a) They go to meet the director of the new school.
(b) They go shopping for Christmas gifts.
(c) They go to the pastor's meeting at the hall.
(d) They go to the hospital where Momma has been living.
4. What does Gram do that is a big surprise for Sammy?
(a) She goes to his school at lunch recess and plays marbles with all the kids.
(b) She brings him up to the attic to see the storage trunks.
(c) She lets him drive the boat for a ride in the bay.
(d) She tells him they might get some chickens for the farm.
5. What are Dicey's thoughts about her grade for English?
(a) There must be a mistake because she is one of the smartest in the class.
(b) English is not an easy subject for her so take what she can get.
(c) English is an easy subject for her so she can do even better next semester.
(d) The teacher has given Dicey a break because Dicey is new to the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the class reaction when Mr. Chappelle concludes reading Dicey's essay?
2. What is the outcome of Gram's surprise for Sammy?
3. What does Dicey's new friend say that indicates a true friendship is possible?
4. What is Gram's advice to Dicey about life in general?
5. Who stops to talk a moment about school as Dicey is washing the market windows?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)