|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gabrielle stuck in traffic in Chapter 100?
2. The president of what organization visits Senator Sexton in Chapter 76?
3. Who is the president angry at for lying to after finding out the meteorite discovery was faked?
4. What are Rachel, Michael and Corky discussing at the beginning of Chapter 86?
5. What does Michael explain that the fossil imprint fits in with that could mean it's from the ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gabrielle say to Chris Harper when she goes into his office at NASA?
2. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
3. How are Rachel and Michael described at the White House in Chapter 133?
4. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
5. What do the scientists on the Goya discover after finding a photo of an organism similar to the meteorite?
6. How is the Delta Fore assassination described in Chapter 96?
7. How does the Coast Guard save Michael and Rachel at the Goya?
8. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
9. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
10. What are the contents of the envelopes Senator Sexton hands out to the media during his press conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of President Zackary Herney in the book. In what way does the author create doubt about the goodness of the president in comparison to Senator Sexton?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Rachel with her father Senator Sexton in the book. What is telling of the impact Rachel's mother played in her life based on her differences from her father in the book?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)