|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose machine gun goes overboard after boarding the Goya?
2. What is the only thing below the deck of the Goya that separates them from the sharks?
3. What does the Delta Force fire at the car that holds the political official they assassinate?
4. According to Michael, what creates the cyclone of warm water at the Goya? .
5. Who holds a press conference at the beginning of Chapter 131?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's conversation regarding the fax from Rachel in Chapter 125?
2. How are Rachel and Michael described at the White House in Chapter 133?
3. Why is Gabrielle stuck in traffic in Chapter 100?
4. How does Xavia describe the reason Michael's statement about the chondrules on the meteorite were false?
5. What is the nature of Xavia's phone message to Michael in Chapter 91?
6. How does the Coast Guard save Michael and Rachel at the Goya?
7. How are the controller's feelings regarding the dead body count to protect his secret described?
8. What is the Delta Force's mission when they board a Kiowa helicopter?
9. What does Ekstrom tell the president when he calls him in Chapter 111?
10. What can't Michael open the hatch of the Triton after it sinks with Rachel in it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Delta Force of the book. What about the Delta Force's missions in the book note the seriousness of the secret they were keeping and the power of the players involved?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character Marjorie Tench in the book. In what way did the author purposefully create Marjorie as an unlikable and domineering character in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)