|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel ask the helicopter pilot to turn on when first arriving at the Goya?
2. Who retrieves the fax number that Rachel sent the meteorite information to?
3. According to Michael, what creates the cyclone of warm water at the Goya? .
4. What is the only thing below the deck of the Goya that separates them from the sharks?
5. Who first sees that Rachel has been shot on the Goya?
Short Essay Questions
1. While on an airplane headed for Washington, what reason does Corky give for believing the rock is still a meteorite?
2. How are Rachel and Michael described at the White House in Chapter 133?
3. How is the megaplume that Rachel and the others see at the Goya described?
4. What happens when Corky goes for a motorboat after the Delta Force arrives on the Goya?
5. Why is Gabrielle stuck in traffic in Chapter 100?
6. What are Gabrielle's suspicions about the meteorite in Chapter 95?
7. How is the Delta Fore assassination described in Chapter 96?
8. What is the nature of Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's conversation regarding the fax from Rachel in Chapter 125?
9. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
10. How are the hammerhead sharks that surround the Goya described regarding their sense of smell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character Gabrielle in the book. In what way does Gabrielle's character grow throughout the course of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of the storm as a metaphor in the book. In what way did the author relate the metaphor of a storm at both the Milne Ice Shelf and in Washington, D.C. in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's morals and overall outlook on politics in the book. What is telling of the natures of these two characters based on the revelation of their true ideals regarding politics in the book?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)