|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senator Sexton believe Chris Harper is doing in his second press conference video?
2. How long does Chris Harper tell Gabrielle that PODS would have found the meteorite had the anomaly detecting software been working?
3. Where was the rock that resembled the meteorite located that created enough pressure to change the structure of the rock?
4. According to Michael, what creates the cyclone of warm water at the Goya? .
5. What kind of press pass does a woman have that switches out the media kits before the press conference in Chapter 131?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the scientists on the Goya discover after finding a photo of an organism similar to the meteorite?
2. How does Michael use the Triton to defend himself against the Delta Force?
3. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
4. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
5. How does Gabrielle get to the fourth floor of NASA headquarters?
6. How is the megaplume that Rachel and the others see at the Goya described?
7. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
8. While on an airplane headed for Washington, what reason does Corky give for believing the rock is still a meteorite?
9. How does the Coast Guard save Michael and Rachel at the Goya?
10. How are the two press conference videos of Chris Harper described by the president of the SFF when he visits Senator Sexton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Michael in the book. What reason might the author have for making Michael a protagonist in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Delta Force of the book. What about the Delta Force's missions in the book note the seriousness of the secret they were keeping and the power of the players involved?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)