|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Michael, what creates the cyclone of warm water at the Goya? .
2. Who do Rachel and Michael find on the remains of a speedboat after they are rescued in Chapter 130?
3. What does the ECE stand for?
4. The president of what organization visits Senator Sexton in Chapter 76?
5. What does Michael use to shoot Delta Three's foot off when he boards the Goya?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Delta Fore assassination described in Chapter 96?
2. What does Senator Sexton do with Rachel's fax in Chapter 126?
3. How does the Coast Guard save Michael and Rachel at the Goya?
4. How is the megaplume that Rachel and the others see at the Goya described?
5. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
6. How does Xavia describe the reason Michael's statement about the chondrules on the meteorite were false?
7. How are the hammerhead sharks that surround the Goya described regarding their sense of smell?
8. How are Rachel and Michael described at the White House in Chapter 133?
9. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's office computer?
10. What is the Delta Force's mission when they board a Kiowa helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of NASA in the book. What might the author be saying about the space program and its role in society based on its depiction in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Although not the greatest evil present in the book, Senator Sexton offers the reader a look inside megalomania and politics through his character.
Part 1.) How is Senator Sexton's true nature uncovered by the end of the book?
Part 2.) How does Senator Sexton portray megalomania and greed in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Senator Sexton's nature based on his refusal to keep Rachel's fax hidden to ensure her safety?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Michael in the book. What reason might the author have for making Michael a protagonist in the book?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)