|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Corky shot after the Delta Force attacks the Goya?
2. Where are the workers on Michael's research center when he listens to the outgoing message in Chapter 91?
3. Who rescues Rachel and Michael from the Goya in Chapter 130?
4. How many copies of Rachel's fax does Senator Sexton make for a press conference?
5. What does Xavia say was wrong with Michael's documentary regarding the meteorite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Xavia's phone message to Michael in Chapter 91?
2. How does Xavia describe the reason Michael's statement about the chondrules on the meteorite were false?
3. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
4. What does Senator Sexton do with Rachel's fax in Chapter 126?
5. Describe the conversation between Gabrielle and Senator Sexton when he calls her on her cell phone at ABC studios.
6. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
7. How does Gabrielle get to the fourth floor of NASA headquarters?
8. What can't Michael open the hatch of the Triton after it sinks with Rachel in it?
9. How does Michael capture Delta Three?
10. Why does William Pickering tell Rachel he is lying about the meteorite when he reveals himself as the controller?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Michael in the book. What reason might the author have for making Michael a protagonist in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of NASA in the book. What might the author be saying about the space program and its role in society based on its depiction in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character Marjorie Tench in the book. In what way did the author purposefully create Marjorie as an unlikable and domineering character in the book? Why?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)