|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose machine gun goes overboard after boarding the Goya?
2. According to Michael, what creates the cyclone of warm water at the Goya? .
3. Who holds a press conference at the beginning of Chapter 131?
4. Where does Gabrielle take a taxi to after leaving Chris Harper's office at NASA?
5. What reason does Gabrielle give Senator Sexton for getting files from his office when he calls her there?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's use of misdirection in the book. What purpose does the author have for creating misdirection with negative characters like Marjorie Tench and Lawrence Ekstrom?
Essay Topic 2
True to its title, the book does a good job of deceiving the readers leading them down many paths with no real truth and honesty found.
Part 1.) How does the author deceive the reader with characters like Marjorie Tench and Lawrence Ekstrom who seemed motivated to falsify the meteorite finding?
Part 2.) How does the author present several levels of deception in the book with the inclusion of Senator Sexton's bribery scheme?
Part 3.) What might the author be saying about the nature of politics and power based on his portrayal of deception in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of NASA in the book. What might the author be saying about the space program and its role in society based on its depiction in the book?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)