|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the submersible that Michael grabs Delta Two with on the Goya?
2. Who does Chris Harper tell Gabrielle is setting him up about lying about PODS?
3. What does Michael use to shoot Delta Three's foot off when he boards the Goya?
4. What does Senator Sexton do to Gabrielle when she suggests holding onto the information about the meteorite until Rachel is safe?
5. What kind of car pulls up that houses the political official the Delta Force are going to assassinate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
2. Why is Gabrielle stuck in traffic in Chapter 100?
3. How are the hammerhead sharks that surround the Goya described regarding their sense of smell?
4. How is the megaplume that Rachel and the others see at the Goya described?
5. What can't Michael open the hatch of the Triton after it sinks with Rachel in it?
6. Describe the conversation between Gabrielle and Senator Sexton when he calls her on her cell phone at ABC studios.
7. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
8. How is the Delta Fore assassination described in Chapter 96?
9. What does Ekstrom tell the president when he calls him in Chapter 111?
10. What happens when Corky goes for a motorboat after the Delta Force arrives on the Goya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of the storm as a metaphor in the book. In what way did the author relate the metaphor of a storm at both the Milne Ice Shelf and in Washington, D.C. in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Although not the greatest evil present in the book, Senator Sexton offers the reader a look inside megalomania and politics through his character.
Part 1.) How is Senator Sexton's true nature uncovered by the end of the book?
Part 2.) How does Senator Sexton portray megalomania and greed in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Senator Sexton's nature based on his refusal to keep Rachel's fax hidden to ensure her safety?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's purpose for the story coming full circle at the end of the book. What is the likelihood that the author uses the epilogue as a way to insinuate that something like the meteorite hoax could occur again in the future?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)