|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senator Sexton make out of Rachel's fax for a press conference?
2. What does Delta Three instruct the helicopter to do after he is captured on the Goya?
3. What is Rachel nervous about when she gets into the helicopter?
4. Which of the following animals is not said to be similar to the fossil found in the meteorite when it is being examined in the airplane?
5. What does Michael explain is the only thing that will make the sharks surrounding the Goya attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the controller's feelings regarding the dead body count to protect his secret described?
2. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
3. How does Michael use the Triton to defend himself against the Delta Force?
4. What do the scientists on the Goya discover after finding a photo of an organism similar to the meteorite?
5. What are Gabrielle's suspicions about the meteorite in Chapter 95?
6. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
7. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
8. How does Michael capture Delta Three?
9. What are the contents of the envelopes Senator Sexton hands out to the media during his press conference?
10. How is the Delta Fore assassination described in Chapter 96?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Delta Force of the book. What about the Delta Force's missions in the book note the seriousness of the secret they were keeping and the power of the players involved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the Milne Ice Shelf in the book. What methods does the author use to create a dangerous and ominous tone at the Milne Ice Shelf in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, the controller has literally been in control of every action that has taken place in the book.
Part 1.) What impact does the controller have on the Delta Force's actions in the book?
Part 2.) What purpose did the author have for having a hidden controller present throughout the entire book?
Part 3.) What is telling about the nature of government conspiracy in the book based on the reveal of William Pickering as the controller?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)