|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed as the press agent that switched the media kits before the press conference in Chapter 131?
2. Who reveals himself as the controller in Chapter 121?
3. Who does Gabrielle call in Chapter 105 to talk about the Space Frontier Federation when she can't get in touch with the Senator?
4. Where does Gabrielle take a taxi to after leaving Chris Harper's office at NASA?
5. Where does the Delta Force land when they board a Kiowa stealth military helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's office computer?
2. What does Gabrielle say to Chris Harper when she goes into his office at NASA?
3. How does Michael capture Delta Three?
4. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
5. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
6. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
7. What is the nature of Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's conversation regarding the fax from Rachel in Chapter 125?
8. How are Rachel and Michael described at the White House in Chapter 133?
9. What are Gabrielle's suspicions about the meteorite in Chapter 95?
10. Why is Gabrielle stuck in traffic in Chapter 100?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character Rachel is one of the leads in the book and brings an interesting level of knowledge and depth to the book.
Part 1.) What role does Rachel's job as intelligence liaison to the White House play in her ability to stay alive in the book?
Part 2.) How is the author able to humanize Rachel's character by noting her fear of open water?
Part 3.) What impact might Rachel's difficult relationship with her father play in her survival instincts in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of NASA in the book. What might the author be saying about the space program and its role in society based on its depiction in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Rachel's fear of open water in the book. What purpose does the author have for giving one of the protagonists such a debilitating fear in the book?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)