|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the president offer a position in his administration but she refuses?
2. According to Michael, what creates the cyclone of warm water at the Goya? .
3. How many copies of Rachel's fax does Senator Sexton make for a press conference?
4. What does Rachel begin to do after Michael undoes the pressure hose in the cabin of the Triton to help her get out?
5. Where does Gabrielle take a taxi to after leaving Chris Harper's office at NASA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
2. How are the hammerhead sharks that surround the Goya described regarding their sense of smell?
3. How does Michael use the Triton to defend himself against the Delta Force?
4. What is the nature of Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's conversation regarding the fax from Rachel in Chapter 125?
5. How does Xavia describe the reason Michael's statement about the chondrules on the meteorite were false?
6. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
7. What is the Delta Force's mission when they board a Kiowa helicopter?
8. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
9. Why is Gabrielle stuck in traffic in Chapter 100?
10. How are Rachel and Michael described at the White House in Chapter 133?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's purpose for the story coming full circle at the end of the book. What is the likelihood that the author uses the epilogue as a way to insinuate that something like the meteorite hoax could occur again in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Rachel with her father Senator Sexton in the book. What is telling of the impact Rachel's mother played in her life based on her differences from her father in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the Milne Ice Shelf in the book. What methods does the author use to create a dangerous and ominous tone at the Milne Ice Shelf in the book?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)