|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rachel and Michael stay the night together?
2. How long does Chris Harper tell Gabrielle that PODS would have found the meteorite had the anomaly detecting software been working?
3. Who is revealed as the press agent that switched the media kits before the press conference in Chapter 131?
4. What is the password to Senator Sexton's computer that Gabrielle figures out?
5. What do Xavia and Corky discover about the meteorite after testing the chondrules on the Goya?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Delta Fore assassination described in Chapter 96?
2. What can't Michael open the hatch of the Triton after it sinks with Rachel in it?
3. How does Rachel describe the expander cycle engine to Michael and Corky?
4. How are the controller's feelings regarding the dead body count to protect his secret described?
5. How is the megaplume that Rachel and the others see at the Goya described?
6. Why does William Pickering tell Rachel he is lying about the meteorite when he reveals himself as the controller?
7. What does Gabrielle say to Chris Harper when she goes into his office at NASA?
8. How does the Coast Guard save Michael and Rachel at the Goya?
9. What is the Delta Force's mission when they board a Kiowa helicopter?
10. How does Gabrielle get to the fourth floor of NASA headquarters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's purpose for the story coming full circle at the end of the book. What is the likelihood that the author uses the epilogue as a way to insinuate that something like the meteorite hoax could occur again in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character Gabrielle in the book. In what way does Gabrielle's character grow throughout the course of the book?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)