|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Delta Force fire at the car that holds the political official they assassinate?
2. Who is quickly eaten by sharks after the cable for the Triton is cut on the Goya?
3. Who reveals himself as the controller in Chapter 121?
4. Why can't Michael open the hatch of the Triton to get Rachel out after it has sunk?
5. According to Michael, what creates the cyclone of warm water at the Goya? .
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the megaplume that Rachel and the others see at the Goya described?
2. What can't Michael open the hatch of the Triton after it sinks with Rachel in it?
3. Describe the conversation between Gabrielle and Senator Sexton when he calls her on her cell phone at ABC studios.
4. How does Gabrielle get to the fourth floor of NASA headquarters?
5. How are the two press conference videos of Chris Harper described by the president of the SFF when he visits Senator Sexton?
6. What is the nature of Xavia's phone message to Michael in Chapter 91?
7. While on an airplane headed for Washington, what reason does Corky give for believing the rock is still a meteorite?
8. What does Senator Sexton do with Rachel's fax in Chapter 126?
9. How are the hammerhead sharks that surround the Goya described regarding their sense of smell?
10. How does Xavia describe the reason Michael's statement about the chondrules on the meteorite were false?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of President Zackary Herney in the book. In what way does the author create doubt about the goodness of the president in comparison to Senator Sexton?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Michael in the book. What reason might the author have for making Michael a protagonist in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of NASA in the book. What might the author be saying about the space program and its role in society based on its depiction in the book?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)