|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals is not said to be similar to the fossil found in the meteorite when it is being examined in the airplane?
2. Who is revealed as the press agent that switched the media kits before the press conference in Chapter 131?
3. How many people in the world does Michael's worker say would have noticed the error in his television broadcast in the phone message?
4. What does Rachel tell Corky and Michael that they must do to evaluate the meteorite sample accurately aboard a military aircraft?
5. What does Corky wrap his leg in after being shot at the Goya?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Michael in the book. What reason might the author have for making Michael a protagonist in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The character Rachel is one of the leads in the book and brings an interesting level of knowledge and depth to the book.
Part 1.) What role does Rachel's job as intelligence liaison to the White House play in her ability to stay alive in the book?
Part 2.) How is the author able to humanize Rachel's character by noting her fear of open water?
Part 3.) What impact might Rachel's difficult relationship with her father play in her survival instincts in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's morals and overall outlook on politics in the book. What is telling of the natures of these two characters based on the revelation of their true ideals regarding politics in the book?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)