|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the secret service acronym for the president that Gabrielle tries as a password for the Senator's computer?
2. What is the name of the marine biologist who left Michael a message about an error in his television broadcast?
3. Which of the following animals is not said to be similar to the fossil found in the meteorite when it is being examined in the airplane?
4. What state is Michael's research center off the coast of?
5. What does Senator Sexton do to Gabrielle when she suggests holding onto the information about the meteorite until Rachel is safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ekstrom tell the president when he calls him in Chapter 111?
2. How does Michael capture Delta Three?
3. How does Michael use the Triton to defend himself against the Delta Force?
4. How is the Delta Fore assassination described in Chapter 96?
5. While on an airplane headed for Washington, what reason does Corky give for believing the rock is still a meteorite?
6. How does the Coast Guard save Michael and Rachel at the Goya?
7. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's office computer?
8. How is the megaplume that Rachel and the others see at the Goya described?
9. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
10. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Rachel with her father Senator Sexton in the book. What is telling of the impact Rachel's mother played in her life based on her differences from her father in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Michael in the book. What reason might the author have for making Michael a protagonist in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, the controller has literally been in control of every action that has taken place in the book.
Part 1.) What impact does the controller have on the Delta Force's actions in the book?
Part 2.) What purpose did the author have for having a hidden controller present throughout the entire book?
Part 3.) What is telling about the nature of government conspiracy in the book based on the reveal of William Pickering as the controller?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)