|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds a press conference at the beginning of Chapter 131?
2. How many copies of Rachel's fax does Senator Sexton make for a press conference?
3. What does Rachel begin to do after Michael undoes the pressure hose in the cabin of the Triton to help her get out?
4. What prevents Rachel from knowing where to go after getting out of the Triton?
5. Where does Gabrielle take a taxi to after leaving Chris Harper's office at NASA?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Rachel with her father Senator Sexton in the book. What is telling of the impact Rachel's mother played in her life based on her differences from her father in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The character Rachel is one of the leads in the book and brings an interesting level of knowledge and depth to the book.
Part 1.) What role does Rachel's job as intelligence liaison to the White House play in her ability to stay alive in the book?
Part 2.) How is the author able to humanize Rachel's character by noting her fear of open water?
Part 3.) What impact might Rachel's difficult relationship with her father play in her survival instincts in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of President Zackary Herney in the book. In what way does the author create doubt about the goodness of the president in comparison to Senator Sexton?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)