|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael explain is the only thing that will make the sharks surrounding the Goya attack?
2. What does Corky wrap his leg in after being shot at the Goya?
3. What does Delta Three instruct the helicopter to do after he is captured on the Goya?
4. What does Ekstrom say he is aware of about Pickering regarding NASA in Chapter 85?
5. Who reluctantly gives Xavia the core sample so she can test the chemical make-up of the chondrules?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Delta Fore assassination described in Chapter 96?
2. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
3. What does Senator Sexton do with Rachel's fax in Chapter 126?
4. Why does William Pickering tell Rachel he is lying about the meteorite when he reveals himself as the controller?
5. How does Rachel describe the expander cycle engine to Michael and Corky?
6. What is the Delta Force's mission when they board a Kiowa helicopter?
7. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
8. What are Gabrielle's suspicions about the meteorite in Chapter 95?
9. How are Rachel and Michael described at the White House in Chapter 133?
10. What are the contents of the envelopes Senator Sexton hands out to the media during his press conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of NASA in the book. What might the author be saying about the space program and its role in society based on its depiction in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of President Zackary Herney in the book. In what way does the author create doubt about the goodness of the president in comparison to Senator Sexton?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's use of misdirection in the book. What purpose does the author have for creating misdirection with negative characters like Marjorie Tench and Lawrence Ekstrom?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)