|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Gabrielle give Senator Sexton for getting files from his office when he calls her there?
2. What does Michael use to shoot Delta Three's foot off when he boards the Goya?
3. What kind of press pass does a woman have that switches out the media kits before the press conference in Chapter 131?
4. Who still adamantly believes that the meteorite is real while discussing the core sample on the airplane?
5. Who does Chris Harper say is the Canadian geologist that originally discovered the meteorite but is now dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gabrielle say to Chris Harper when she goes into his office at NASA?
2. What do the scientists on the Goya discover after finding a photo of an organism similar to the meteorite?
3. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
4. While on an airplane headed for Washington, what reason does Corky give for believing the rock is still a meteorite?
5. How are Rachel and Michael described at the White House in Chapter 133?
6. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
7. What are the contents of the envelopes Senator Sexton hands out to the media during his press conference?
8. How are the controller's feelings regarding the dead body count to protect his secret described?
9. What is the nature of Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's conversation regarding the fax from Rachel in Chapter 125?
10. How does Rachel describe the expander cycle engine to Michael and Corky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of a prologue and epilogue in the book. What information is added to and left up to the reader with the use of this method?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the Milne Ice Shelf in the book. What methods does the author use to create a dangerous and ominous tone at the Milne Ice Shelf in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's morals and overall outlook on politics in the book. What is telling of the natures of these two characters based on the revelation of their true ideals regarding politics in the book?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)