|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael explain that the fossil imprint fits in with that could mean it's from the ocean?
2. Who is skeptical about Gabrielle being able to get into NASA in Chapter 81?
3. What does Michael have to increase in the Triton to make the hatch open after it sinks?
4. Where does a bullet graze Rachel when the Delta Force begin shooting the people on the Goya?
5. Who still adamantly believes that the meteorite is real while discussing the core sample on the airplane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Corky goes for a motorboat after the Delta Force arrives on the Goya?
2. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
3. Describe the conversation between Gabrielle and Senator Sexton when he calls her on her cell phone at ABC studios.
4. How does Michael use the Triton to defend himself against the Delta Force?
5. How are the hammerhead sharks that surround the Goya described regarding their sense of smell?
6. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
7. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's office computer?
8. What does Ekstrom tell the president when he calls him in Chapter 111?
9. How does Gabrielle get to the fourth floor of NASA headquarters?
10. What do the scientists on the Goya discover after finding a photo of an organism similar to the meteorite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of the Milne Ice Shelf in the book. What methods does the author use to create a dangerous and ominous tone at the Milne Ice Shelf in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's morals and overall outlook on politics in the book. What is telling of the natures of these two characters based on the revelation of their true ideals regarding politics in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Politics plays an important role throughout the book and allows the author to impart factual information about the governmental system into the book.
Part 1.) What role do press conferences and the media play in the portrayal of politics in the book?
Part 2.) What is the nature of the author's portrayal of the presidential candidates Zackary Herney and Sedgwick Sexton?
Part 3.) What is telling of the true nature of politics based on Gabrielle's feelings towards them by the end of the book?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)