|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sharks surrounds the Goya?
2. What is the name of the marine biologist who left Michael a message about an error in his television broadcast?
3. What is the name of the submersible that Michael grabs Delta Two with on the Goya?
4. What kind of car pulls up that houses the political official the Delta Force are going to assassinate?
5. Who does the president offer a position in his administration but she refuses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
2. What can't Michael open the hatch of the Triton after it sinks with Rachel in it?
3. How are the hammerhead sharks that surround the Goya described regarding their sense of smell?
4. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
5. What are the contents of the envelopes Senator Sexton hands out to the media during his press conference?
6. What is the nature of Xavia's phone message to Michael in Chapter 91?
7. How is the megaplume that Rachel and the others see at the Goya described?
8. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
9. What is the Delta Force's mission when they board a Kiowa helicopter?
10. What is the nature of Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's conversation regarding the fax from Rachel in Chapter 125?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, the controller has literally been in control of every action that has taken place in the book.
Part 1.) What impact does the controller have on the Delta Force's actions in the book?
Part 2.) What purpose did the author have for having a hidden controller present throughout the entire book?
Part 3.) What is telling about the nature of government conspiracy in the book based on the reveal of William Pickering as the controller?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
Essay Topic 3
True to its title, the book does a good job of deceiving the readers leading them down many paths with no real truth and honesty found.
Part 1.) How does the author deceive the reader with characters like Marjorie Tench and Lawrence Ekstrom who seemed motivated to falsify the meteorite finding?
Part 2.) How does the author present several levels of deception in the book with the inclusion of Senator Sexton's bribery scheme?
Part 3.) What might the author be saying about the nature of politics and power based on his portrayal of deception in the book?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)