|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed as the press agent that switched the media kits before the press conference in Chapter 131?
2. What monument does the Delta Force head to after boarding the Kiowa helicopter?
3. Who does Chris Harper say is the Canadian geologist that originally discovered the meteorite but is now dead?
4. What does Gabrielle realize she is tired of in Chapter 100?
5. How many people are dropped onto the Goya from the Kiowa helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does William Pickering tell Rachel he is lying about the meteorite when he reveals himself as the controller?
2. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's office computer?
3. What does Ekstrom tell the president when he calls him in Chapter 111?
4. How does the Coast Guard save Michael and Rachel at the Goya?
5. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
6. What is the nature of Xavia's phone message to Michael in Chapter 91?
7. What is the Delta Force's mission when they board a Kiowa helicopter?
8. While on an airplane headed for Washington, what reason does Corky give for believing the rock is still a meteorite?
9. Describe the conversation between Gabrielle and Senator Sexton when he calls her on her cell phone at ABC studios.
10. What are Gabrielle's suspicions about the meteorite in Chapter 95?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's purpose for the story coming full circle at the end of the book. What is the likelihood that the author uses the epilogue as a way to insinuate that something like the meteorite hoax could occur again in the future?
Essay Topic 3
Politics plays an important role throughout the book and allows the author to impart factual information about the governmental system into the book.
Part 1.) What role do press conferences and the media play in the portrayal of politics in the book?
Part 2.) What is the nature of the author's portrayal of the presidential candidates Zackary Herney and Sedgwick Sexton?
Part 3.) What is telling of the true nature of politics based on Gabrielle's feelings towards them by the end of the book?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)