|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds a press conference at the beginning of Chapter 131?
2. What is the only thing below the deck of the Goya that separates them from the sharks?
3. How much are the checks Gabrielle finds given to the Senator from private space companies?
4. Where does the Delta Force land when they board a Kiowa stealth military helicopter?
5. What creates a light that allows Michael to see Rachel and rescue her after she escapes the Triton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel describe the expander cycle engine to Michael and Corky?
2. What is the nature of Gabrielle and Senator Sexton's conversation regarding the fax from Rachel in Chapter 125?
3. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
4. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
5. What does Gabrielle say to Chris Harper when she goes into his office at NASA?
6. What are Gabrielle's suspicions about the meteorite in Chapter 95?
7. How is the Delta Fore assassination described in Chapter 96?
8. While on an airplane headed for Washington, what reason does Corky give for believing the rock is still a meteorite?
9. How are Rachel and Michael described at the White House in Chapter 133?
10. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Rachel's fear of open water in the book. What purpose does the author have for giving one of the protagonists such a debilitating fear in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the Milne Ice Shelf in the book. What methods does the author use to create a dangerous and ominous tone at the Milne Ice Shelf in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of a prologue and epilogue in the book. What information is added to and left up to the reader with the use of this method?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)