|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reluctantly gives Xavia the core sample so she can test the chemical make-up of the chondrules?
2. Who does the president offer a position in his administration but she refuses?
3. Who does the controller not say would soon be dead after the assassination of the high-powered political official?
4. Who is revealed as the press agent that switched the media kits before the press conference in Chapter 131?
5. What is the name of the marine biologist who left Michael a message about an error in his television broadcast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael capture Delta Three?
2. How does Rachel describe the expander cycle engine to Michael and Corky?
3. How does Gabrielle get to the fourth floor of NASA headquarters?
4. How does Gabrielle get into Senator Sexton's office computer?
5. How does Xavia describe the reason Michael's statement about the chondrules on the meteorite were false?
6. How is the megaplume that Rachel and the others see at the Goya described?
7. How are the two press conference videos of Chris Harper described by the president of the SFF when he visits Senator Sexton?
8. What are Gabrielle's suspicions about the meteorite in Chapter 95?
9. How does Michael use the Triton to defend himself against the Delta Force?
10. Why is Gabrielle stuck in traffic in Chapter 100?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of the storm as a metaphor in the book. In what way did the author relate the metaphor of a storm at both the Milne Ice Shelf and in Washington, D.C. in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of Michael in the book. What reason might the author have for making Michael a protagonist in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the Milne Ice Shelf in the book. What methods does the author use to create a dangerous and ominous tone at the Milne Ice Shelf in the book?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)