|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose office is Gabrielle at the beginning of Chapter 106?
2. Where are the workers on Michael's research center when he listens to the outgoing message in Chapter 91?
3. What is the press shocked to find in the media kits that were switched by a woman in Chapter 131?
4. What are Rachel, Michael and Corky discussing at the beginning of Chapter 86?
5. What prevents Rachel from knowing where to go after getting out of the Triton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Michael in the book. What reason might the author have for making Michael a protagonist in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the Milne Ice Shelf in the book. What methods does the author use to create a dangerous and ominous tone at the Milne Ice Shelf in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of NASA in the book. What might the author be saying about the space program and its role in society based on its depiction in the book?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)