Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals is not said to be similar to the fossil found in the meteorite when it is being examined in the airplane?
2. Who is revealed as the press agent that switched the media kits before the press conference in Chapter 131?
3. How many people in the world does Michael's worker say would have noticed the error in his television broadcast in the phone message?
4. What does Rachel tell Corky and Michael that they must do to evaluate the meteorite sample accurately aboard a military aircraft?
5. What does Corky wrap his leg in after being shot at the Goya?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character Marjorie Tench in the book. In what way did the author purposefully create Marjorie as an unlikable and domineering character in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Politics plays an important role throughout the book and allows the author to impart factual information about the governmental system into the book.
Part 1.) What role do press conferences and the media play in the portrayal of politics in the book?
Part 2.) What is the nature of the author's portrayal of the presidential candidates Zackary Herney and Sedgwick Sexton?
Part 3.) What is telling of the true nature of politics based on Gabrielle's feelings towards them by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's use of misdirection in the book. What purpose does the author have for creating misdirection with negative characters like Marjorie Tench and Lawrence Ekstrom?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)