|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the political official that the Delta Force assassinated at the FDR Memorial?
2. Who does Gabrielle call in Chapter 105 to talk about the Space Frontier Federation when she can't get in touch with the Senator?
3. What reason does Gabrielle give Senator Sexton for getting files from his office when he calls her there?
4. What does Rachel tell Corky and Michael that they must do to evaluate the meteorite sample accurately aboard a military aircraft?
5. What does Senator Sexton believe Chris Harper is doing in his second press conference video?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Senator Sexton do with Rachel's fax in Chapter 126?
2. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
3. What happens when Corky goes for a motorboat after the Delta Force arrives on the Goya?
4. How does Michael use the Triton to defend himself against the Delta Force?
5. What do the scientists on the Goya discover after finding a photo of an organism similar to the meteorite?
6. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
7. Why does William Pickering tell Rachel he is lying about the meteorite when he reveals himself as the controller?
8. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
9. Describe the conversation between Gabrielle and Senator Sexton when he calls her on her cell phone at ABC studios.
10. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character Marjorie Tench in the book. In what way did the author purposefully create Marjorie as an unlikable and domineering character in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character Gabrielle in the book. In what way does Gabrielle's character grow throughout the course of the book?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)