|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delta Three instruct the helicopter to do after he is captured on the Goya?
2. What does Rachel begin to do after Michael undoes the pressure hose in the cabin of the Triton to help her get out?
3. What kind of sharks surrounds the Goya?
4. Who does Rachel call after getting to Michael's research center?
5. What does Rachel tell Corky and Michael that they must do to evaluate the meteorite sample accurately aboard a military aircraft?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gabrielle get to the fourth floor of NASA headquarters?
2. What happens when the Delta Force arrives at the Goya in Chapter 110?
3. What does Gabrielle say to Chris Harper when she goes into his office at NASA?
4. What does Chris Harper explain to Gabrielle regarding PODS?
5. How is Rachel able to send a fax telling the truth about the meteorite?
6. How does Rachel escape the Triton with Michael's help after it sinks?
7. How does Michael capture Delta Three?
8. While on an airplane headed for Washington, what reason does Corky give for believing the rock is still a meteorite?
9. What can't Michael open the hatch of the Triton after it sinks with Rachel in it?
10. How does Michael use the Triton to defend himself against the Delta Force?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character Gabrielle in the book. In what way does Gabrielle's character grow throughout the course of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the Delta Force of the book. What about the Delta Force's missions in the book note the seriousness of the secret they were keeping and the power of the players involved?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character Marjorie Tench in the book. In what way did the author purposefully create Marjorie as an unlikable and domineering character in the book? Why?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)