Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals is not said to be similar to the fossil found in the meteorite when it is being examined in the airplane?
2. Who is revealed as the press agent that switched the media kits before the press conference in Chapter 131?
3. How many people in the world does Michael's worker say would have noticed the error in his television broadcast in the phone message?
4. What does Rachel tell Corky and Michael that they must do to evaluate the meteorite sample accurately aboard a military aircraft?
5. What does Corky wrap his leg in after being shot at the Goya?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Rachel with her father Senator Sexton in the book. What is telling of the impact Rachel's mother played in her life based on her differences from her father in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Although not the greatest evil present in the book, Senator Sexton offers the reader a look inside megalomania and politics through his character.
Part 1.) How is Senator Sexton's true nature uncovered by the end of the book?
Part 2.) How does Senator Sexton portray megalomania and greed in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Senator Sexton's nature based on his refusal to keep Rachel's fax hidden to ensure her safety?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the meteorite in the book. What purpose might the author have for centering the major conflict in the book around a meteorite?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)