|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose vomit is in the lab sink?
(a) Cliff Bradley.
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Mrs. Bidwell.
(d) Dr. Lorrimer.
2. Of what does Mawson say Bradley probably reminds Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Lorrimer's brother.
(b) Lorrimer's first boss.
(d) Lorrimer's father.
3. Who takes Brenda Pridmore home?
(c) Domenica Schofield.
(d) Massinghamd and Dalgliesh.
4. What does Dalgliesh believe about Stella's death?
(a) He has no idea until after the autopsy.
(b) She had help in committing suicide.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She was murdered.
5. What do the detectives immediately see upon opening the chapel door?
(a) It is dark and they see nothing.
(b) Domenica opening a trunk in the sacristy.
(c) Stella Mawson's body.
(d) Angela holding Stella's legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Brenda is walking home?
2. What has Dalgliesh discovered on his first day of investigating?
3. With whom does Domenica live?
4. To what does Director Howarth think back?
5. What do Pridmore and Howarth discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Dalgliesh and Massingham meet upon arriving at the Lorrimer cottage and what do they learn from the person?
2. How does Dalgliesh sum up his investigation so far at the end of the first day?
3. What does Angela Foley do when she learns of Stella's death and what does Dalgliesh believe about the death?
4. Why is Brenda Pridmore's mother upset and what does she want Brenda to tell Dalgliesh?
5. Describe the scene at the chapel when Dalgliesh and Massingham arrive and what do they do.
6. Describe Maxim Howarth's thoughts about Domenica?
7. Describe Brenda Pridmore's walk through the construction site.
8. What does Dalgliesh learn upon interviewing Inspector Doyle?
9. What does Major Hunt tell Dalgliesh and Massingham about Dr. Lorrimer's will?
10. Describe Inspector Doyle.
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)