|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the man seen running from the lab the night before described?
(a) Tall, thin and bald.
(b) The witness does not see anything about the person.
(c) Very short and someone fat.
(d) Not too old and wearing some sort of coat.
2. What new information does Domenica give the detectives?
(a) The fact that Dr. Lorrimer and Stella Mawson were once married.
(b) That she is having an affair with Inspector Doyle.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer was having an affair with Angela Foley.
(d) That she saw Dr. Lorrimer being murdered.
3. How does Stella Mawson seem as Dalgliesh questions her?
(a) Veiled hostility.
(c) Congenial and open.
(d) Openly hostile.
4. Of what does Mawson say Bradley probably reminds Dr. Lorrimer?
(b) Lorrimer's brother.
(c) Lorrimer's father.
(d) Lorrimer's first boss.
5. What does Angela do when she learns of Stella's death?
(b) Runs screaming after the mortuary gurney.
(c) Attacks Domenica.
(d) Attacks Director Howarth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stella probably know?
2. Who do Dalgliesh and Massingham visit in relation to Doyle?
3. With whom does Miss Williard ride to church?
4. What is the name of Dr. Lorrimer's home?
5. When does Dr. Lorrimer change his will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bradley tell Dalgliesh when questioned about the vomit?
2. Describe Domenica Schofield.
3. Where does Brenda work the day after the discovery of the murder and what does she discuss with Director Howarth?
4. Describe the scene at the chapel when Dalgliesh and Massingham arrive and what do they do.
5. Describe Dr. Lorrimer.
6. What do several witnesses on a bus tell the detectives?
7. What does Dalgliesh find during his search of the chapel?
8. Why is Brenda Pridmore's mother upset and what does she want Brenda to tell Dalgliesh?
9. Describe Maxim Howarth's thoughts about Domenica?
10. What does Angela Foley do when she learns of Stella's death and what does Dalgliesh believe about the death?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)