|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dr. Lorrimer's home?
(a) Postmill Cottage.
(b) Coldstone Cottage.
(c) Cod Cottage.
(d) Pastime Cottage.
2. Who is Domenica Schofield?
(a) The evidence lab recorder.
(b) Director Howarth's sister-in-law.
(c) Director Howarth's half-sister.
(d) The witness on the bus.
3. With whom does Miss Williard ride to church?
(a) Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) Director Howarth.
(c) The Pridmores.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
4. With whom does Domenica live?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) By herself.
(d) Director Howarth.
5. Who do Dalgliesh and Massingham visit in relation to Doyle?
(a) Doyle's wife.
(b) No one.
(c) The woman whom he picked up.
(d) Doyle's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mystery does Dalgliesh solve in the chapel?
2. How does Domenica characterize Dr. Lorrimer?
3. Whose letters do the detectives find in a locked drawer in Dr. Lorrimer's room?
4. What have the returned lab tests on the case shown?
5. What do the driver of the bus and conductor see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Dalgliesh and Massingham meet upon arriving at the Lorrimer cottage and what do they learn from the person?
2. What does Dalgliesh ask Domenica and Howarth and what astounds the detectives with Domenica's reply?
3. Where do Dalgliesh and Massingham go at the opening of Book 4, Chapter 1 and what do they learn?
4. What do the detectives learn from Mr. Lorrimer?
5. What additional information does Dalgliesh learn from Angela Foley?
6. What do the detectives from in a locked drawer in Dr. Lorrimer's room?
7. Describe Miss Willard.
8. What does Major Hunt tell Dalgliesh and Massingham about Dr. Lorrimer's will?
9. What does Bradley tell Dalgliesh when questioned about the vomit?
10. What does Dalgliesh learn from Domenica about Dr. Lorrimer?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)