|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bidwell interviewed?
(a) He took a call and message for his wife.
(b) He heard an altercation between Dr. Lorrimer and William Kerrison.
(c) He may be the man standing inside the bus stop shelter.
(d) He witnessed a man climbing out of the bathroom window at the lab.
2. Why is Brenda's mother unhappy?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer leaves her 1000 pounds.
(b) That Brenda wants to quit her job.
(c) That Brenda's boyfriend thinks she was involved with Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) That Brenda is still crying about finding Dr. Lorrimer's body.
3. What new information does Domenica give the detectives?
(a) That she is having an affair with Inspector Doyle.
(b) The fact that Dr. Lorrimer and Stella Mawson were once married.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer was having an affair with Angela Foley.
(d) That she saw Dr. Lorrimer being murdered.
4. What is the name of Dr. Lorrimer's home?
(a) Cod Cottage.
(b) Pastime Cottage.
(c) Coldstone Cottage.
(d) Postmill Cottage.
5. How does Stella Mawson seem as Dalgliesh questions her?
(b) Veiled hostility.
(c) Openly hostile.
(d) Congenial and open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems paradoxical about Mr. Lorrimer when he speaks of his son?
2. How long has Mawson been dead?
3. Who does Dalgliesh meet outside Mr. Lorrmier's home?
4. Where is Doyle parked the night of the murder of Lorrimer?
5. What accounting does Mawson give Dalgliesh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dalgliesh learn from Miss Willard?
2. What does Angela Foley do when she learns of Stella's death and what does Dalgliesh believe about the death?
3. What does Dalgliesh ask Domenica and Howarth and what astounds the detectives with Domenica's reply?
4. Describe Maxim Howarth's thoughts about Domenica?
5. Where does Brenda work the day after the discovery of the murder and what does she discuss with Director Howarth?
6. Describe Brenda Pridmore's walk through the construction site.
7. What does Dalgliesh learn from Domenica about Dr. Lorrimer?
8. How does Dalgliesh sum up his investigation so far at the end of the first day?
9. What does Bradley tell Dalgliesh when questioned about the vomit?
10. Describe the scene at the chapel when Dalgliesh and Massingham arrive and what do they do.
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)