|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Lorrimer for about six months?
(a) He takes a class in London on forensics psychology.
(b) He stops going to church.
(c) He is morose and moody.
(d) He seems almost happy.
2. What does Doyle plan to do about his job?
(a) He does not mention his job.
(b) Ask for a transfer.
(c) Ask for a promotion.
(d) Resign it.
3. What do the detectives do immediately?
(a) Handcuff Domenica.
(b) Call 911.
(c) Start resusitation upon Stella.
(d) Run after a figure they see in the gardens.
4. With whom does Miss Williard ride to church?
(a) The Pridmores.
(b) Director Howarth.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Dr. Lorrimer.
5. How does Stella Mawson seem as Dalgliesh questions her?
(b) Veiled hostility.
(c) Congenial and open.
(d) Openly hostile.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Director Howarth think back?
2. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison concerning Nell?
3. What does Stella say her publisher has for her?
4. What do the detectives hear moaning?
5. What does Howarth tell Brenda Pridmore when she arrives at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bradley tell Dalgliesh when questioned about the vomit?
2. What does Dalgliesh learn from Domenica about Dr. Lorrimer?
3. What do the detectives from in a locked drawer in Dr. Lorrimer's room?
4. What does Dalgliesh learn upon interviewing Inspector Doyle?
5. What does Dalgliesh find during his search of the chapel?
6. What additional information does Dalgliesh learn from Angela Foley?
7. What does Major Hunt tell Dalgliesh and Massingham about Dr. Lorrimer's will?
8. How does Dalgliesh sum up his investigation so far at the end of the first day?
9. What do the detectives learn from Mr. Lorrimer?
10. What do several witnesses on a bus tell the detectives?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)