|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first arrives at the lab in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Brenda Pridmore alone.
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Brenda Pridmore and Inspector Blakelock.
(d) Inspector Blakelock alone.
2. What protocol does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) The protocol of logging evidence.
(b) The protocol of rank.
(c) The protocol of signing out supplies.
(d) The protocol of who is allowed to work after hours without Blakelock also being in attendance.
3. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
(a) Brenda Pridmore's supervisor at Hoggatts Lab.
(b) The detective from the county seat.
(c) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(d) The local police investigator.
4. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Nan Kerrison.
(b) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth.
(c) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Pridmore.
(d) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
5. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They seem jubilant.
(b) They are quite distraught.
(c) They are horrified.
(d) They seem unaffected.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
2. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
3. What does Brenda Pridmore start to do but then stops?
4. Why does Mrs. Bidwell not have to do much in Director Howarth's office?
5. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Angela Foley.
2. Describe Dr. Kerrison.
3. Describe Mrs. Bidwell.
4. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
5. Describe Stella Mawson.
6. Describe the scene between Cliff and Susan Bradley as she is breastfeeding their new baby.
7. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
8. Describe Brenda Pridmore.
9. About what does Adam Dalgliesh speak to his boss?
10. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)