|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They are quite distraught.
(b) They seem jubilant.
(c) They seem unaffected.
(d) They are horrified.
2. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
(b) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
(c) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
3. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
(a) Talk to Howarth who dismisses them one by one.
(b) Stay there until that evening.
(c) Read up on investigative law for their particular situation.
(d) Write down all their activities for the past 24 hours.
4. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
(a) In the family room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the top step.
(d) Up in her bed.
5. What is lying open on the table?
(a) A staining solution.
(b) Lorrimer's notebook.
(d) A tube of acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action is Cliff considering?
2. What is Dalgliesh trying to accurately understand?
3. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
4. What does Dalgliesh figure about the window above the bathrooms?
5. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brenda Pridmore talk about with her parents at breakfast and what is their reaction?
2. Why is Dr. Kerrison leaving his home in the middle of the night and what is his biggest concern?
3. What is Howarth doing the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder and how does he back up his story?
4. What does Paul Middlemass tell Dalgliesh and about what does Middlemass lie?
5. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
6. Describe the conversation between Inspector Blakelock and Adam Dalgliesh and what Dalgliesh seems to be quite concerned about during the questioning.
7. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
8. What upsets Director Howarth about Dr. Lorrimer?
9. Describe Stella Mawson.
10. Describe the conversation between Angela Foley and Adam Dalgliesh.
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)