|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(b) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
2. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
(a) How he hates Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's affability.
(c) How he wishes Dr. Lorrimer would resign.
(d) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's work.
3. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
(a) How Middlemass logs in people who come and go from his office.
(b) How Middlemass logs in documents he is assessing.
(c) About the fight between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(d) What interaction there is between Dr. Lorrimer's staff and
4. About what does Dalgliesh question the cleaning lady?
(a) How Dr. Lorrimer's co-workers felt about him.
(b) Why she did not report the altercation between Dr. Lorrimer and a co-worker.
(c) How many people have keys to the cleaning locker.
(d) Who owned the bloody hat in the trash.
5. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Pridmore.
(b) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Nan Kerrison.
(c) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth.
(d) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Howarth upset with Lorrimer?
2. What does Howarth wish?
3. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
4. What is Middlemass's role in the halftime entertainment at the village concert the night of the murder of Dr. Lorrimer?
5. What action is Cliff considering?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Adam Dalgliesh speak to his boss?
2. Describe Stella Mawson.
3. What is Howarth doing the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder and how does he back up his story?
4. What does Susan Bradley ask of Paul Middlemass and what does he do about the request?
5. Describe Brenda Pridmore.
6. Describe Angela Foley.
7. What upsets Director Howarth about Dr. Lorrimer?
8. Describe the conversation between Inspector Blakelock and Adam Dalgliesh and what Dalgliesh seems to be quite concerned about during the questioning.
9. How is the staff at Hoggatt's Lab sorted for who needs to stay and who may go home?
10. Why is Dr. Kerrison leaving his home in the middle of the night and what is his biggest concern?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)