|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Howarth relieved?
(a) That he made it through the autopsy without embarrassing himself.
(b) That he has made a good start in his new job.
(c) That his wife is returning the next day.
(d) That his daughter is leaving to go back to boarding school.
2. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is cooking breakfast.
(c) She is in the shower.
(d) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
3. How is Angela during her initial interview with Dalgliesh?
4. What does Mercer do?
(a) Requests to stay on the case.
(b) Confirms arrangements for police guards and the packaging of evidence to go the Scotland Yard.
(c) Lies about his whereabouts the night before.
(d) Tells Dalgliesh his agency is out of order for coming in on the case.
5. What does Mercer do after offering Dalgliesh assistance?
(b) Goes back to continue questioning Hoggatt's staff.
(c) Calls his supervisor.
(d) Leaves Hoggatt's lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
2. Who is a cousin to Dr. Lorrimer?
3. What does Cliff Bradley assert over and over to Dalgliesh?
4. About what does Dalgliesh question the cleaning lady?
5. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bidwell show Dalgliesh?
2. Describe the conversation between Brenda Pridmore and Adam Dalgliesh.
3. About what situation does Dalgliesh try to understand?
4. About what does Adam Dalgliesh speak to his boss?
5. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
6. Describe Mrs. Bidwell.
7. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
8. What does Nell do after her father has left the house?
9. What does Paul Middlemass tell Dalgliesh and about what does Middlemass lie?
10. How do Angela Foley and Stella Mawson come to be living together?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)