|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
(a) That her husband is in the hospital.
(b) That the person who gives her a ride to work is unable to pick her up.
(c) Not to come in to work at the lab that morning.
(d) That her son was ill and she needs to go to London.
2. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They seem unaffected.
(b) They seem jubilant.
(c) They are horrified.
(d) They are quite distraught.
3. Who chats openly and honestly with Dalgliesh?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Angela Foley.
(c) Brenda Pridmore.
(d) Director Howarth.
4. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
(b) His partner's background.
(c) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(d) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
5. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) Up in her bed.
(c) In the family room.
(d) On the top step.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is entering the lab as Dr. Lorrimer is being removed?
2. Who first arrives at the lab in Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. About what does Susan Bradley call Middlemass?
4. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
5. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Director Howarth about Dr. Lorrimer?
2. How is the staff at Hoggatt's Lab sorted for who needs to stay and who may go home?
3. What does Mrs. Bidwell show Dalgliesh?
4. Describe Adam Dalgliesh.
5. Describe Dr. Kerrison.
6. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
7. What does Nell do after her father has left the house?
8. How do Angela Foley and Stella Mawson come to be living together?
9. About what situation does Dalgliesh try to understand?
10. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)