|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is cooking breakfast.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
(d) She is in the shower.
2. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
(a) In London.
(b) At a woman's house for dinner.
(c) At his mother's home.
(d) At the village concert.
3. How does Inspector Blakelock behave while being questioned by Dalgliesh?
(a) He stands at attention.
(b) He sits and chats like the two are old buddies.
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He is openly hostile at Scotland Yard being assigned the case.
4. How do Brenda's parents feel about her job?
(b) Not happy.
5. What prints are found on the mallet?
(a) Paul Middlemass.
(c) Brenda Pridmore and Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Only those of the owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the concert facility does Dalgliesh question Middlemass?
2. Who is Dr. Kerrison?
3. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
4. What action is Cliff considering?
5. About what is Massingham happy when they land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nell do after her father has left the house?
2. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
3. What does Mrs. Bidwell show Dalgliesh?
4. What is Howarth doing the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder and how does he back up his story?
5. About what does Adam Dalgliesh speak to his boss?
6. Describe the conversation between Angela Foley and Adam Dalgliesh.
7. What does Brenda Pridmore talk about with her parents at breakfast and what is their reaction?
8. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
9. Describe Adam Dalgliesh.
10. Describe Brenda Pridmore.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)