|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
(a) Why a newly-formed football team was suddenly sold.
(b) What the murderer might be doing right now.
(c) How many teams have been eliminated in the Wimbleton doubles tournament.
(d) Why anyone would choose such as beautiful day to commit murder.
2. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
(a) The pathologist at the main hospital.
(b) The senior biologist.
(c) The way the mist is rising off his car meaning it will be a hot day.
(d) Why he is not out fishing on such a lovely morning.
3. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Give him the wrong documents and embarrass him.
(b) Tell him to leave Brenda alone.
(c) Punch him in the face.
(d) Fire him.
4. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
(a) If Middlemass would lie for Bradley.
(c) If Middlemass talked with Susan Bradley the day before.
(d) If Middlemass thinks Bradley committed the murder.
5. About what does Susan Bradley call Middlemass?
(a) To ask him to dinner.
(b) To ask for her old job back.
(c) To intevene for Cliff.
(d) To offer her assistance with his backlog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
2. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
3. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
4. What is Dalgliesh trying to accurately understand?
5. What surprises Brenda Pridmore?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what situation does Dalgliesh try to understand?
2. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
3. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
4. Describe Adam Dalgliesh.
5. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
6. What does Paul Middlemass tell Dalgliesh and about what does Middlemass lie?
7. What does Nell do after her father has left the house?
8. What upsets Director Howarth about Dr. Lorrimer?
9. Describe Angela Foley.
10. What does Howarth talk to Dr. Lorrimer about and what is the outcome?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)