|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brenda Pridmore?
(a) Dr. Kerrison's babysitter.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer's older sister.
(c) The new Clerical Officer/Receptionist at Hoggatt's Laboratory.
(d) Cliff Bradley's older sister.
2. What does Cliff Bradley assert over and over to Dalgliesh?
(a) That he knows nothing about any aspect of the crime.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer was hated by almost everyone.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer and Blakelock argued frequently.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth disagreed frequently.
3. About what is Massingham happy when they land?
(a) To be working with the famed Adam Dalgliesh.
(b) The country air and taking on a murder investigation.
(c) To be off the helicopter.
(d) Nothing in particular.
4. What does Mercer do?
(a) Confirms arrangements for police guards and the packaging of evidence to go the Scotland Yard.
(b) Requests to stay on the case.
(c) Lies about his whereabouts the night before.
(d) Tells Dalgliesh his agency is out of order for coming in on the case.
5. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brenda need to learn according to her supervisor?
2. How do Brenda's parents feel about her job?
3. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
4. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
5. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Director Howarth about Dr. Lorrimer?
2. What does Mrs. Bidwell show Dalgliesh?
3. Describe the conversation between Brenda Pridmore and Adam Dalgliesh.
4. Why does Blakelock go up to Dr. Lorrimer's lab and what does he tell Director Howarth when coming back downstairs?
5. About what does Adam Dalgliesh speak to his boss?
6. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
7. Describe the conversation between Inspector Blakelock and Adam Dalgliesh and what Dalgliesh seems to be quite concerned about during the questioning.
8. How do Angela Foley and Stella Mawson come to be living together?
9. What is Howarth doing the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder and how does he back up his story?
10. What does Howarth talk to Dr. Lorrimer about and what is the outcome?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)