|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose son is Massingham?
(a) A peer of the realm.
(b) Dalgliesh's father's best friend.
(c) A notorious extortionist.
(d) A charwoman.
2. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
(c) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
3. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
(b) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(c) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
(d) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
4. What does Brenda Pridmore start to do but then stops?
(a) Quit her job.
(b) Tell Easterbrook that Dr. Lorrimer was secretly in love with her.
(c) Call Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(d) Give an additional piece of information to Dalgliesh.
5. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
2. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
3. What protocol does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
4. Who stays with Mr. Lorrimer immediately after the news of his son's death is given him?
5. Why does Stella hire Angela?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bidwell show Dalgliesh?
2. Describe the conversation between Angela Foley and Adam Dalgliesh.
3. What is Howarth doing the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder and how does he back up his story?
4. How is the staff at Hoggatt's Lab sorted for who needs to stay and who may go home?
5. Describe the scene between Cliff and Susan Bradley as she is breastfeeding their new baby.
6. Describe Angela Foley.
7. About what situation does Dalgliesh try to understand?
8. What does Howarth talk to Dr. Lorrimer about and what is the outcome?
9. What is the situation with Mawson and Foley's need for money and how is Dr. Lorrimer mentioned in regards to money?
10. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)