|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Lorrimer inherit from his grandmother?
(a) 100,000 pounds.
(b) 30,000 pounds.
(c) A citeron.
(d) A Citroen.
2. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(b) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
(c) His partner's background.
(d) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
3. What surprises Brenda Pridmore?
(a) That the lights are on in the reception area when she arrives.
(b) That Mrs. Bidwell has not yet arrived at the lab.
(c) That Blakelock is not yet at the lab.
(d) That Dr. Kerrison is coming out of the lab when Brenda arrives.
4. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
5. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Give him the wrong documents and embarrass him.
(b) Fire him.
(c) Punch him in the face.
(d) Tell him to leave Brenda alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the lab that is likely the murder weapon?
2. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
3. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
4. Why is Howarth upset with Lorrimer?
5. What does Mercer do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Kerrison leaving his home in the middle of the night and what is his biggest concern?
2. What does Susan Bradley ask of Paul Middlemass and what does he do about the request?
3. How helpful is the interview with Cliff Bradley for Dalgliesh?
4. Describe Dr. Kerrison.
5. How is the staff at Hoggatt's Lab sorted for who needs to stay and who may go home?
6. Describe Adam Dalgliesh.
7. Describe Mrs. Bidwell.
8. Why does Blakelock go up to Dr. Lorrimer's lab and what does he tell Director Howarth when coming back downstairs?
9. What does Brenda Pridmore talk about with her parents at breakfast and what is their reaction?
10. Describe the scene between Cliff and Susan Bradley as she is breastfeeding their new baby.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)