|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what can Director Howarth not offer accurate answers?
(a) Whether Dr. Lorrimer was planning to quit.
(b) Whether or not Dr. Lorrimer has a girlfriend.
(c) Questions about Dr. Lorrimer's activities the night before.
(d) Whether Dr. Lorrimer and Paul Middlemass were friends outside the workspace.
2. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
(a) The local police investigator.
(b) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(c) The detective from the county seat.
(d) Brenda Pridmore's supervisor at Hoggatts Lab.
3. About what does Stella say life isn't convenient?
(a) That the bus pulls up a moment after the two arrive at the bus stop.
(b) That the rain will come right after planting the flower garden.
(c) That the rain and fog will quit before a party Stella and Angela are planning.
(d) A cousin dying so that Stella might receive an inheritance.
4. What surprises Brenda Pridmore?
(a) That the lights are on in the reception area when she arrives.
(b) That Blakelock is not yet at the lab.
(c) That Dr. Kerrison is coming out of the lab when Brenda arrives.
(d) That Mrs. Bidwell has not yet arrived at the lab.
5. What is missing that belonged to Middlemass's deceased father?
(a) A watch.
(b) A lab coat.
(c) A ring.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Howarth upset with Lorrimer?
2. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
3. Who does Dalgliesh first interview in opening his investigation into the murder of Dr. Lorrimer?
4. About what does Susan Bradley call Middlemass?
5. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Adam Dalgliesh speak to his boss?
2. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
3. How is the staff at Hoggatt's Lab sorted for who needs to stay and who may go home?
4. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
5. Why is Dr. Kerrison leaving his home in the middle of the night and what is his biggest concern?
6. What does Paul Middlemass tell Dalgliesh and about what does Middlemass lie?
7. Why does Blakelock go up to Dr. Lorrimer's lab and what does he tell Director Howarth when coming back downstairs?
8. Describe Angela Foley.
9. What does Brenda Pridmore talk about with her parents at breakfast and what is their reaction?
10. What upsets Director Howarth about Dr. Lorrimer?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)