|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
(a) What the murderer might be doing right now.
(b) Why a newly-formed football team was suddenly sold.
(c) Why anyone would choose such as beautiful day to commit murder.
(d) How many teams have been eliminated in the Wimbleton doubles tournament.
2. What does Mercer do after offering Dalgliesh assistance?
(b) Goes back to continue questioning Hoggatt's staff.
(c) Calls his supervisor.
(d) Leaves Hoggatt's lab.
3. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
(c) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(d) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
4. What about the concert facility does Dalgliesh question Middlemass?
(a) Dalgliesh is not concerned about the layout.
(b) The layout.
(c) The colors of the walls.
(d) The cemetary nearby.
5. Who checks the keys in the safe with Angela on the morning of Dr. Lorrimer's death?
(d) She does the check by herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
2. Why does Stella hire Angela?
3. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
4. What does Dalgliesh want to be recovered in the bathroom sink?
5. Who seems emotionally immune to the process of an autopsy?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Adam Dalgliesh speak to his boss?
2. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
3. Describe Angela Foley.
4. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
5. Describe the conversation between Brenda Pridmore and Adam Dalgliesh.
6. Describe the conversation between Inspector Blakelock and Adam Dalgliesh and what Dalgliesh seems to be quite concerned about during the questioning.
7. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
8. What does Howarth talk to Dr. Lorrimer about and what is the outcome?
9. Describe Dr. Kerrison.
10. Why is Dr. Kerrison leaving his home in the middle of the night and what is his biggest concern?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)