|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Dalgliesh question the cleaning lady?
(a) How many people have keys to the cleaning locker.
(b) Who owned the bloody hat in the trash.
(c) How Dr. Lorrimer's co-workers felt about him.
(d) Why she did not report the altercation between Dr. Lorrimer and a co-worker.
2. What does Nell do with the candle?
(a) Burns her palm.
(b) Heats the coffee in the mug.
(c) Burns her teddy bear.
(d) Heats the wax doll and destroys it.
3. Who does Dalgliesh first interview in opening his investigation into the murder of Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Brenda Pridmore.
(b) Claire Easterbrook.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Director Howarth.
4. How does Director Howarth respond to Dalgliesh's question about what Dr. Lorrimer is like outside of work?
(a) Howarth says he did not know him outside of work.
(b) Howarth says Dr. Lorrimer spent much time in London for his social life.
(c) Howarth says Dr. Lorrimer was happy and well adjusted.
(d) Howarth says Dr. Lorrimer was a loner.
5. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
(a) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's affability.
(b) How he hates Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's work.
(d) How he wishes Dr. Lorrimer would resign.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Susan Bradley call Middlemass?
2. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
3. What is in the lab that is likely the murder weapon?
4. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
5. How is the man dressed who was cavorting around on the graves at the village concert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
2. Describe Domenica Schofield.
3. Describe Stella Mawson.
4. How is the staff at Hoggatt's Lab sorted for who needs to stay and who may go home?
5. What is the situation with Mawson and Foley's need for money and how is Dr. Lorrimer mentioned in regards to money?
6. Why is Dr. Kerrison leaving his home in the middle of the night and what is his biggest concern?
7. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
8. What do several witnesses on a bus tell the detectives?
9. What does Major Hunt tell Dalgliesh and Massingham about Dr. Lorrimer's will?
10. What do the detectives from in a locked drawer in Dr. Lorrimer's room?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)