|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Director Howarth know Dr. Lorrimer looked at a book on Howarth's desk?
(a) The book was on the table when it had been on the desk.
(b) It was put back on the shelf.
(c) He is not sure if Dr. Lorrimer looked at it.
(d) It was open to a different page than the one to which Howarth had it turned.
2. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
(d) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
3. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
4. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
(a) Mr. Middlemass.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
5. About what does Howarth have a conference with Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Training Angela Foley to keep the lab reports up to date.
(b) The sloppy lab procedures.
(c) Cliff Bradley's evaluation.
(d) Training Brenda Pridmore to create stains.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Susan Bradley call Middlemass?
2. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
3. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
4. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
5. What does Cliff Bradley assert over and over to Dalgliesh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Inspector Blakelock and Adam Dalgliesh and what Dalgliesh seems to be quite concerned about during the questioning.
2. What does Susan Bradley ask of Paul Middlemass and what does he do about the request?
3. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
4. Describe the scene between Cliff and Susan Bradley as she is breastfeeding their new baby.
5. About what situation does Dalgliesh try to understand?
6. What does Brenda Pridmore talk about with her parents at breakfast and what is their reaction?
7. What does Paul Middlemass tell Dalgliesh and about what does Middlemass lie?
8. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
9. How helpful is the interview with Cliff Bradley for Dalgliesh?
10. How is the staff at Hoggatt's Lab sorted for who needs to stay and who may go home?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)