|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
(a) At the village concert.
(b) At a woman's house for dinner.
(c) At his mother's home.
(d) In London.
2. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
(a) Why a newly-formed football team was suddenly sold.
(b) How many teams have been eliminated in the Wimbleton doubles tournament.
(c) Why anyone would choose such as beautiful day to commit murder.
(d) What the murderer might be doing right now.
3. About what does Dalgliesh question the cleaning lady?
(a) How many people have keys to the cleaning locker.
(b) Who owned the bloody hat in the trash.
(c) How Dr. Lorrimer's co-workers felt about him.
(d) Why she did not report the altercation between Dr. Lorrimer and a co-worker.
4. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Director Howarth.
(d) His father.
5. Why does Mrs. Bidwell not have to do much in Director Howarth's office?
(a) He likes to do most of the cleaning up himself.
(b) Mrs. Bidwell and Director Howarth do not get along very well.
(c) He is meticulous.
(d) He is rarely there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
2. What does Dr. Lorrimer inherit from his grandmother?
3. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
4. What does Cliff Bradley assert over and over to Dalgliesh?
5. Who first arrives at the lab in Book 2, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what situation does Dalgliesh try to understand?
2. What is the situation with Mawson and Foley's need for money and how is Dr. Lorrimer mentioned in regards to money?
3. What does Brenda Pridmore talk about with her parents at breakfast and what is their reaction?
4. Describe the conversation between Brenda Pridmore and Adam Dalgliesh.
5. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
6. How helpful is the interview with Cliff Bradley for Dalgliesh?
7. Describe Adam Dalgliesh.
8. Why does Blakelock go up to Dr. Lorrimer's lab and what does he tell Director Howarth when coming back downstairs?
9. Describe the conversation between Inspector Blakelock and Adam Dalgliesh and what Dalgliesh seems to be quite concerned about during the questioning.
10. Describe the conversation between Angela Foley and Adam Dalgliesh.
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)