|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Lorrimer inherit from his grandmother?
(a) A Citroen.
(b) 100,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) A citeron.
2. What is Dr. Kerrison's biggest concern as he is leaving?
(a) That he forgets his coffee on the kitchen counter.
(b) The neighbors seeing him.
(c) Not waking up his daughter.
(d) The need for speed.
3. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) That it did not take place at all.
(b) That the fight was over Domenica.
(c) They are unsure about of the story is accurate.
(d) That it is a figment of Mrs. Bidwell's amble imagination.
4. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
(a) On the top step.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Up in her bed.
(d) In the family room.
5. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
(a) Mr. Middlemass.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Brenda Pridmore?
2. In what does Dr. Lorrimer get Brenda interested?
3. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
4. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
5. About what is Howarth relieved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
2. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
3. Describe Stella Mawson.
4. What does Mrs. Bidwell show Dalgliesh?
5. What is Howarth doing the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder and how does he back up his story?
6. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
7. What does Nell do after her father has left the house?
8. What does Susan Bradley ask of Paul Middlemass and what does he do about the request?
9. How do Angela Foley and Stella Mawson come to be living together?
10. About what situation does Dalgliesh try to understand?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)