|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what can Director Howarth not offer accurate answers?
(a) Whether Dr. Lorrimer was planning to quit.
(b) Whether or not Dr. Lorrimer has a girlfriend.
(c) Questions about Dr. Lorrimer's activities the night before.
(d) Whether Dr. Lorrimer and Paul Middlemass were friends outside the workspace.
2. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Punch him in the face.
(b) Tell him to leave Brenda alone.
(c) Fire him.
(d) Give him the wrong documents and embarrass him.
3. How do Brenda's parents feel about her job?
(a) Not happy.
4. What does Nell have in her hand?
(a) A wax figure that represents Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) A cross.
(c) Her father's coffee mug.
(d) Her teddy bear.
5. How does Director Howarth respond to Dalgliesh's question about what Dr. Lorrimer is like outside of work?
(a) Howarth says Dr. Lorrimer was happy and well adjusted.
(b) Howarth says he did not know him outside of work.
(c) Howarth says Dr. Lorrimer was a loner.
(d) Howarth says Dr. Lorrimer spent much time in London for his social life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cleans up after the meeting with the senior scientists?
2. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
3. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
4. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
5. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Howarth talk to Dr. Lorrimer about and what is the outcome?
2. What does Susan Bradley ask of Paul Middlemass and what does he do about the request?
3. Describe Dr. Kerrison.
4. About what situation does Dalgliesh try to understand?
5. Describe Stella Mawson.
6. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
7. What upsets Director Howarth about Dr. Lorrimer?
8. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
9. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
10. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)