|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important piece of information does Dalgliesh learn from his first interviewee?`
(a) That someone has torn a page out of Dr. Lorrimer's notebook.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer hated Domenica.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer had a date the night before.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer was planning to resign.
2. How is Angela during her initial interview with Dalgliesh?
3. What is in the lab that is likely the murder weapon?
(a) A noose lying on the counter.
(b) A bloody dissection knife.
(c) A bloody mallet.
(d) Nothing that Dalgliesh can see.
4. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is cooking breakfast.
(b) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is in the shower.
5. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
(a) If Middlemass thinks Bradley committed the murder.
(c) If Middlemass would lie for Bradley.
(d) If Middlemass talked with Susan Bradley the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems emotionally immune to the process of an autopsy?
2. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
3. How do Brenda's parents feel about her job?
4. About what does Howarth have a conference with Dr. Lorrimer?
5. Who witnesses the exchange between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Kerrison.
2. What does Mrs. Bidwell show Dalgliesh?
3. What does Howarth talk to Dr. Lorrimer about and what is the outcome?
4. Describe Brenda Pridmore.
5. About what does Adam Dalgliesh speak to his boss?
6. What does Nell do after her father has left the house?
7. Why does Blakelock go up to Dr. Lorrimer's lab and what does he tell Director Howarth when coming back downstairs?
8. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
9. Why is Dr. Kerrison leaving his home in the middle of the night and what is his biggest concern?
10. How is the staff at Hoggatt's Lab sorted for who needs to stay and who may go home?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)