|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to tell Dr. Lorrimer's father about the doctor's death?
(d) Angela Foley and Stella Mawson.
2. What action is Cliff considering?
(a) Divorcing Susan.
(b) Killing his mother-in-law.
(c) Killing Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) Resigning his job.
3. How is the man dressed who was cavorting around on the graves at the village concert?
(a) In a hobbyhorse outfit.
(b) As a clown.
(c) As a knight.
(d) As a dragon.
4. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Give him the wrong documents and embarrass him.
(b) Tell him to leave Brenda alone.
(c) Punch him in the face.
(d) Fire him.
5. Whose son is Massingham?
(a) A peer of the realm.
(b) A charwoman.
(c) Dalgliesh's father's best friend.
(d) A notorious extortionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
2. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
3. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
4. About what is Howarth relieved?
5. About what does Stella say life isn't convenient?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Director Howarth about Dr. Lorrimer?
2. What is the situation with Mawson and Foley's need for money and how is Dr. Lorrimer mentioned in regards to money?
3. What does Howarth talk to Dr. Lorrimer about and what is the outcome?
4. Describe the conversation between Angela Foley and Adam Dalgliesh.
5. What does Mrs. Bidwell show Dalgliesh?
6. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
7. How helpful is the interview with Cliff Bradley for Dalgliesh?
8. Why does Blakelock go up to Dr. Lorrimer's lab and what does he tell Director Howarth when coming back downstairs?
9. About what does Adam Dalgliesh speak to his boss?
10. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)