|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Lorrimer inherit from his grandmother?
(a) A Citroen.
(b) 100,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) A citeron.
2. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They are horrified.
(b) They seem unaffected.
(c) They are quite distraught.
(d) They seem jubilant.
3. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
(a) At a woman's house for dinner.
(b) In London.
(c) At the village concert.
(d) At his mother's home.
4. Who is entering the lab as Dr. Lorrimer is being removed?
(a) Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(b) Mrs. Bidwell.
(c) No one.
(d) Angela Foley.
5. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
(a) It belongs in the forensics lab.
(b) It has never been seen by anyone before.
(c) It is evidence in another case.
(d) It belongs in the autopsy room.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Stella say life isn't convenient?
2. By what is Cliff Bradley deeply intimidated?
3. What is Middlemass's role in the halftime entertainment at the village concert the night of the murder of Dr. Lorrimer?
4. Who does Dalgliesh first interview in opening his investigation into the murder of Dr. Lorrimer?
5. How do Brenda's parents feel about her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Brenda Pridmore and Adam Dalgliesh.
2. Describe Adam Dalgliesh.
3. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
4. How helpful is the interview with Cliff Bradley for Dalgliesh?
5. What is the situation with Mawson and Foley's need for money and how is Dr. Lorrimer mentioned in regards to money?
6. Describe Angela Foley.
7. Describe Brenda Pridmore.
8. Describe Mrs. Bidwell.
9. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
10. How is the staff at Hoggatt's Lab sorted for who needs to stay and who may go home?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)