|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
(a) Why anyone would choose such as beautiful day to commit murder.
(b) How many teams have been eliminated in the Wimbleton doubles tournament.
(c) What the murderer might be doing right now.
(d) Why a newly-formed football team was suddenly sold.
2. What does Angela call Stella Mawson?
3. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
(a) Not to come in to work at the lab that morning.
(b) That the person who gives her a ride to work is unable to pick her up.
(c) That her son was ill and she needs to go to London.
(d) That her husband is in the hospital.
4. Why does Stella hire Angela?
(a) To take care of the cottage grounds.
(b) To clean house.
(c) To train Stella's dog.
(d) To help Stella type.
5. What does Middlemass fail to tell Dalgliesh?
(a) About the phone call from Susan Bradley.
(b) That Middlemass had fought with Dr. Lorrimer on other occasions.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer was hostile to Easterbrook.
(d) About the fact that Dr. Lorrimer fell apart on the stand in the last trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howarth wish?
2. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
3. What does Middlemass emphasis in his responses to Dalgliesh?
4. About what does Howarth have a conference with Dr. Lorrimer?
5. How does Director Howarth respond to Dalgliesh's question about what Dr. Lorrimer is like outside of work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Kerrison act and what does he say when the two detectives confront him?
2. Who do Dalgliesh and Massingham meet upon arriving at the Lorrimer cottage and what do they learn from the person?
3. Describe Inspector Doyle.
4. What does Dalgliesh ask Domenica and Howarth and what astounds the detectives with Domenica's reply?
5. What does Major Hunt tell Dalgliesh and Massingham about Dr. Lorrimer's will?
6. What does Bradley tell Dalgliesh when questioned about the vomit?
7. What does Dalgliesh learn upon interviewing Inspector Doyle?
8. How do Angela Foley and Stella Mawson come to be living together?
9. Where does Brenda work the day after the discovery of the murder and what does she discuss with Director Howarth?
10. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)