|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maxim Howarth?
(a) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(b) The investigator on the young woman's murder case.
(c) A police officer.
(d) The newly-appointed Director of the Forensic Science Laboratory.
2. What is Dalgliesh trying to accurately understand?
(a) How someone else got into the lab through the restroom window.
(b) The key and security situation at the lab.
(c) Why Brenda Pridmore is the one sent to find Dr. Lorrimer's body.
(d) How Dr. Kerrison is able to pinpoint the time of death so accurately.
3. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
(a) The senior biologist.
(b) The pathologist at the main hospital.
(c) Why he is not out fishing on such a lovely morning.
(d) The way the mist is rising off his car meaning it will be a hot day.
4. What does Dr. Lorrimer inherit from his grandmother?
(a) A citeron.
(b) 100,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) A Citroen.
5. Why does Mrs. Bidwell not have to do much in Director Howarth's office?
(a) Mrs. Bidwell and Director Howarth do not get along very well.
(b) He is rarely there.
(c) He is meticulous.
(d) He likes to do most of the cleaning up himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protocol does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
2. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
3. Who is Brenda Pridmore?
4. Who witnesses the exchange between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
5. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maxim Howarth's thoughts about Domenica?
2. Why does Blakelock go up to Dr. Lorrimer's lab and what does he tell Director Howarth when coming back downstairs?
3. What does Susan Bradley ask of Paul Middlemass and what does he do about the request?
4. What does Angela Foley do when she learns of Stella's death and what does Dalgliesh believe about the death?
5. Describe Mrs. Bidwell.
6. Describe the scene at the chapel when Dalgliesh and Massingham arrive and what do they do.
7. What is Howarth doing the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder and how does he back up his story?
8. What do several witnesses on a bus tell the detectives?
9. What additional information does Dalgliesh learn from Angela Foley?
10. What does Dalgliesh find during his search of the chapel?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)