|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Paul Middlemass?
(a) The detective in charge of the homicide division.
(b) Supervisor of the Document Examination Room.
(c) The Constable.
(d) The Police Chief.
2. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
(a) It belongs in the autopsy room.
(b) It belongs in the forensics lab.
(c) It has never been seen by anyone before.
(d) It is evidence in another case.
3. What important piece of information does Dalgliesh learn from his first interviewee?`
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer had a date the night before.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer was planning to resign.
(c) That someone has torn a page out of Dr. Lorrimer's notebook.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer hated Domenica.
4. Who interrupts the meeting between Howarth and Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Paul Middlemass.
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Angela Foley.
5. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
(a) The detective from the county seat.
(b) Brenda Pridmore's supervisor at Hoggatts Lab.
(c) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(d) The local police investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dalgliesh trying to accurately understand?
2. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
3. Who is a cousin to Dr. Lorrimer?
4. What does Dalgliesh figure about the window above the bathrooms?
5. What is in the lab that is likely the murder weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Bidwell.
2. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
3. Why is Dr. Kerrison leaving his home in the middle of the night and what is his biggest concern?
4. Why does Blakelock go up to Dr. Lorrimer's lab and what does he tell Director Howarth when coming back downstairs?
5. What does Mrs. Bidwell show Dalgliesh?
6. Describe Angela Foley.
7. Why is Dr. Lorrimer's father calling and what does Brenda offer to do?
8. Describe the conversation between Brenda Pridmore and Adam Dalgliesh.
9. Describe the conversation between Inspector Blakelock and Adam Dalgliesh and what Dalgliesh seems to be quite concerned about during the questioning.
10. What does Brenda Pridmore talk about with her parents at breakfast and what is their reaction?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)