|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what can Director Howarth not offer accurate answers?
(a) Whether Dr. Lorrimer and Paul Middlemass were friends outside the workspace.
(b) Whether Dr. Lorrimer was planning to quit.
(c) Questions about Dr. Lorrimer's activities the night before.
(d) Whether or not Dr. Lorrimer has a girlfriend.
2. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
(c) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(d) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
3. What does Nell have in her hand?
(a) Her father's coffee mug.
(b) Her teddy bear.
(c) A wax figure that represents Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) A cross.
4. Why does Director Howarth know Dr. Lorrimer looked at a book on Howarth's desk?
(a) It was open to a different page than the one to which Howarth had it turned.
(b) He is not sure if Dr. Lorrimer looked at it.
(c) The book was on the table when it had been on the desk.
(d) It was put back on the shelf.
5. Who witnesses the exchange between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) Mrs. Bidwell.
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Brenda Pridmore.
(d) Director Howarth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
2. Whose son is Massingham?
3. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
4. How is Angela during her initial interview with Dalgliesh?
5. Who is Dr. Kerrison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
2. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
3. What is the situation with Mawson and Foley's need for money and how is Dr. Lorrimer mentioned in regards to money?
4. What does Paul Middlemass tell Dalgliesh and about what does Middlemass lie?
5. What is Howarth doing the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder and how does he back up his story?
6. About what situation does Dalgliesh try to understand?
7. What upsets Director Howarth about Dr. Lorrimer?
8. Why does Blakelock go up to Dr. Lorrimer's lab and what does he tell Director Howarth when coming back downstairs?
9. What does Brenda Pridmore talk about with her parents at breakfast and what is their reaction?
10. What does Susan Bradley ask of Paul Middlemass and what does he do about the request?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)