Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dalgliesh think of the people in the library?
(a) That several of them are lying.
(b) That all of them probably know the murderer.
(c) That none of them is probably the murderer.
(d) That they are hiding something from him.
2. About what is Howarth relieved?
(a) That he has made a good start in his new job.
(b) That he made it through the autopsy without embarrassing himself.
(c) That his wife is returning the next day.
(d) That his daughter is leaving to go back to boarding school.
3. What is in the lab that is likely the murder weapon?
(a) Nothing that Dalgliesh can see.
(b) A bloody dissection knife.
(c) A noose lying on the counter.
(d) A bloody mallet.
4. Why is Howarth upset with Lorrimer?
(a) That he is involved with his sister.
(b) That he is so unfriendly.
(c) That he is lazy.
(d) That he is sloppy in his work.
5. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
(a) The cause and time of death.
(b) Why Dr. Kerrison seems interested in seeing Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) Whether Nell Kerrison could have done this.
(d) Where Dr. Kerrison was the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
2. Who seems emotionally immune to the process of an autopsy?
3. What does Dalgliesh want to be recovered in the bathroom sink?
4. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
5. About what is Massingham happy when they land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Howarth doing the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder and how does he back up his story?
2. Describe Miss Willard.
3. What does Nell do after her father has left the house?
4. What does Brenda Pridmore talk about with her parents at breakfast and what is their reaction?
5. Describe Stella Mawson.
6. What does Howarth do after Dalgliesh arrives and what does Dalgliesh learn about the case?
7. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
8. Describe Dr. Kerrison.
9. What do the detectives from in a locked drawer in Dr. Lorrimer's room?
10. What does Major Hunt tell Dalgliesh and Massingham about Dr. Lorrimer's will?
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)