|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
(a) His house.
(b) His car.
(c) Some stocks he recently purchases.
(d) His wife.
2. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) They are unsure about of the story is accurate.
(b) That it is a figment of Mrs. Bidwell's amble imagination.
(c) That it did not take place at all.
(d) That the fight was over Domenica.
3. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Tell him to leave Brenda alone.
(c) Punch him in the face.
(d) Give him the wrong documents and embarrass him.
4. Who cleans up after the meeting with the senior scientists?
(b) Brenda Pridmore.
(c) Director Howarth.
(d) Angela Foley.
5. What is in the lab that is likely the murder weapon?
(a) A noose lying on the counter.
(b) A bloody mallet.
(c) Nothing that Dalgliesh can see.
(d) A bloody dissection knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a cousin to Dr. Lorrimer?
2. What important piece of information does Dalgliesh learn from his first interviewee?`
3. What protocol does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
4. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
5. Why is Howarth upset with Lorrimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Angela Foley and Adam Dalgliesh.
2. Describe Stella Mawson.
3. Describe Adam Dalgliesh.
4. Describe the conversation between Brenda Pridmore and Adam Dalgliesh.
5. What is the situation with Mawson and Foley's need for money and how is Dr. Lorrimer mentioned in regards to money?
6. Who arrives at the lab before any one else and what surprises one of them?
7. Describe Dr. Kerrison.
8. How does the interview between Dalgliesh and Easterbrook go and what does Dalgliesh learn?
9. How helpful is the interview with Cliff Bradley for Dalgliesh?
10. Describe Mrs. Bidwell.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)