|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
(a) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(b) The detective from the county seat.
(c) The local police investigator.
(d) Brenda Pridmore's supervisor at Hoggatts Lab.
2. What does Brenda Pridmore start to do but then stops?
(a) Call Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(b) Give an additional piece of information to Dalgliesh.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Tell Easterbrook that Dr. Lorrimer was secretly in love with her.
3. How is Angela during her initial interview with Dalgliesh?
4. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
(a) Up in her bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the family room.
(d) On the top step.
5. Who is Maxim Howarth?
(a) The newly-appointed Director of the Forensic Science Laboratory.
(b) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(c) A police officer.
(d) The investigator on the young woman's murder case.
6. Who stays with Mr. Lorrimer immediately after the news of his son's death is given him?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) The priest.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Angela and Stella.
7. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
(a) Why Dr. Kerrison seems interested in seeing Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) The cause and time of death.
(c) Whether Nell Kerrison could have done this.
(d) Where Dr. Kerrison was the night before.
8. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
(a) Some stocks he recently purchases.
(b) His car.
(c) His house.
(d) His wife.
9. What is missing that belonged to Middlemass's deceased father?
(a) A watch.
(b) A lab coat.
(c) A ring.
(d) A hat.
10. What is Dr. Kerrison's biggest concern as he is leaving?
(a) Not waking up his daughter.
(b) The need for speed.
(c) That he forgets his coffee on the kitchen counter.
(d) The neighbors seeing him.
11. What does Mrs. Bidwell explain to Dalgliesh?
(a) About her cleaning routine.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer did not allow Mrs. Bidwell to clean in the lab.
(c) About how Dr. Lorrimer always asked her to wipe his desk twice a day.
(d) That Mrs. Bidwell is hard of hearing.
12. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
(b) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(c) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
(d) His partner's background.
13. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
(a) The pathologist at the main hospital.
(b) The way the mist is rising off his car meaning it will be a hot day.
(c) The senior biologist.
(d) Why he is not out fishing on such a lovely morning.
14. What does Nell have in her hand?
(a) Her teddy bear.
(b) Her father's coffee mug.
(c) A wax figure that represents Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) A cross.
15. About what does Stella say life isn't convenient?
(a) That the rain will come right after planting the flower garden.
(b) A cousin dying so that Stella might receive an inheritance.
(c) That the rain and fog will quit before a party Stella and Angela are planning.
(d) That the bus pulls up a moment after the two arrive at the bus stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
2. What is in the lab that is likely the murder weapon?
3. Why does Director Howarth know Dr. Lorrimer looked at a book on Howarth's desk?
4. Who is a cousin to Dr. Lorrimer?
5. Why does Stella hire Angela?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)