|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important piece of information does Dalgliesh learn from his first interviewee?`
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer hated Domenica.
(b) That someone has torn a page out of Dr. Lorrimer's notebook.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer had a date the night before.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer was planning to resign.
2. What is missing that belonged to Middlemass's deceased father?
(a) A hat.
(b) A ring.
(c) A watch.
(d) A lab coat.
3. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(b) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
4. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) They are unsure about of the story is accurate.
(b) That the fight was over Domenica.
(c) That it is a figment of Mrs. Bidwell's amble imagination.
(d) That it did not take place at all.
5. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
6. Who interrupts the meeting between Howarth and Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Angela Foley.
(b) Paul Middlemass.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
7. What protocol does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) The protocol of rank.
(b) The protocol of signing out supplies.
(c) The protocol of logging evidence.
(d) The protocol of who is allowed to work after hours without Blakelock also being in attendance.
8. Why does Director Howarth know Dr. Lorrimer looked at a book on Howarth's desk?
(a) The book was on the table when it had been on the desk.
(b) It was open to a different page than the one to which Howarth had it turned.
(c) He is not sure if Dr. Lorrimer looked at it.
(d) It was put back on the shelf.
9. What is Middlemass's role in the halftime entertainment at the village concert the night of the murder of Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) A violin solo.
(b) A singer.
(c) A guitar solo.
(d) That of a hobbyhorse.
10. By what is Cliff Bradley deeply intimidated?
(a) Susan's mother who is visiting that evening.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) The idea of taking care of the new baby.
(d) The thought that he might have to take over an ongoing murder investigation.
11. Who witnesses the exchange between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) Brenda Pridmore.
(b) Director Howarth.
(c) Mrs. Bidwell.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
12. How does Inspector Blakelock behave while being questioned by Dalgliesh?
(a) He becomes agitated.
(b) He sits and chats like the two are old buddies.
(c) He stands at attention.
(d) He is openly hostile at Scotland Yard being assigned the case.
13. Who is entering the lab as Dr. Lorrimer is being removed?
(a) No one.
(b) Angela Foley.
(c) Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(d) Mrs. Bidwell.
14. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
(a) How he hates Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's affability.
(c) How he wishes Dr. Lorrimer would resign.
(d) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's work.
15. What does Cliff Bradley assert over and over to Dalgliesh?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer was hated by almost everyone.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth disagreed frequently.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer and Blakelock argued frequently.
(d) That he knows nothing about any aspect of the crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
2. About what is Howarth relieved?
3. What does Howarth wish?
4. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
5. Who is Brenda Pridmore?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)