|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Inspector Blakelock behave while being questioned by Dalgliesh?
(a) He stands at attention.
(b) He sits and chats like the two are old buddies.
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He is openly hostile at Scotland Yard being assigned the case.
2. Where does the interview with Angela Foley take place?
(a) In Angela's home.
(b) In the Director's office.
(c) In Dr. Lorrimer's lab.
(d) In the library.
3. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) His partner's background.
(b) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(c) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
(d) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
4. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Give him the wrong documents and embarrass him.
(c) Tell him to leave Brenda alone.
(d) Punch him in the face.
5. Why does Stella hire Angela?
(a) To clean house.
(b) To help Stella type.
(c) To take care of the cottage grounds.
(d) To train Stella's dog.
6. What is Dr. Kerrison's biggest concern as he is leaving?
(a) The need for speed.
(b) Not waking up his daughter.
(c) That he forgets his coffee on the kitchen counter.
(d) The neighbors seeing him.
7. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
8. Who interrupts the meeting between Howarth and Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Angela Foley.
(c) Paul Middlemass.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
9. Who is Dr. Kerrison?
(a) A forensic pathologist.
(b) A neurologist.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A professor.
10. What is Dalgliesh trying to accurately understand?
(a) Why Brenda Pridmore is the one sent to find Dr. Lorrimer's body.
(b) How someone else got into the lab through the restroom window.
(c) The key and security situation at the lab.
(d) How Dr. Kerrison is able to pinpoint the time of death so accurately.
11. Why does Mrs. Bidwell not have to do much in Director Howarth's office?
(a) He likes to do most of the cleaning up himself.
(b) Mrs. Bidwell and Director Howarth do not get along very well.
(c) He is rarely there.
(d) He is meticulous.
12. What prints are found on the mallet?
(a) Paul Middlemass.
(b) Brenda Pridmore and Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Only those of the owner.
13. What does Dalgliesh think of the people in the library?
(a) That all of them probably know the murderer.
(b) That several of them are lying.
(c) That they are hiding something from him.
(d) That none of them is probably the murderer.
14. What does Middlemass fail to tell Dalgliesh?
(a) About the fact that Dr. Lorrimer fell apart on the stand in the last trial.
(b) About the phone call from Susan Bradley.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer was hostile to Easterbrook.
(d) That Middlemass had fought with Dr. Lorrimer on other occasions.
15. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth.
(b) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Pridmore.
(c) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(d) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Nan Kerrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Brenda Pridmore?
2. About what is Howarth relieved?
3. About what can Director Howarth not offer accurate answers?
4. Who does Dalgliesh first interview in opening his investigation into the murder of Dr. Lorrimer?
5. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)