|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems emotionally immune to the process of an autopsy?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) Inspector Blakelock.
(d) Brenda Pridmore.
2. Who interrupts the meeting between Howarth and Dr. Lorrimer?
(b) Angela Foley.
(c) Paul Middlemass.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
3. Who stays with Mr. Lorrimer immediately after the news of his son's death is given him?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Angela and Stella.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The priest.
4. Who is Dr. Kerrison?
(a) A forensic pathologist.
(b) A professor.
(c) A neurologist.
(d) A psychiatrist.
5. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
(a) It belongs in the autopsy room.
(b) It has never been seen by anyone before.
(c) It belongs in the forensics lab.
(d) It is evidence in another case.
6. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
(a) His house.
(b) His car.
(c) Some stocks he recently purchases.
(d) His wife.
7. Whose son is Massingham?
(a) Dalgliesh's father's best friend.
(b) A notorious extortionist.
(c) A charwoman.
(d) A peer of the realm.
8. What does Dalgliesh think of the people in the library?
(a) That several of them are lying.
(b) That all of them probably know the murderer.
(c) That they are hiding something from him.
(d) That none of them is probably the murderer.
9. How is Angela during her initial interview with Dalgliesh?
10. What does Dr. Lorrimer inherit from his grandmother?
(a) A Citroen.
(b) 100,000 pounds.
(c) A citeron.
(d) 30,000 pounds.
11. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
(a) Write down all their activities for the past 24 hours.
(b) Talk to Howarth who dismisses them one by one.
(c) Read up on investigative law for their particular situation.
(d) Stay there until that evening.
12. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They are quite distraught.
(b) They seem unaffected.
(c) They are horrified.
(d) They seem jubilant.
13. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
(b) His partner's background.
(c) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(d) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
14. What is missing that belonged to Middlemass's deceased father?
(a) A lab coat.
(b) A hat.
(c) A ring.
(d) A watch.
15. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
(b) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
(c) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalgliesh figure about the window above the bathrooms?
2. Who is Paul Middlemass?
3. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
4. How is the man dressed who was cavorting around on the graves at the village concert?
5. About what does Susan Bradley call Middlemass?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)