|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is Cliff Bradley deeply intimidated?
(a) The idea of taking care of the new baby.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) Susan's mother who is visiting that evening.
(d) The thought that he might have to take over an ongoing murder investigation.
2. How do Brenda's parents feel about her job?
(b) Not happy.
3. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
(a) How Middlemass logs in documents he is assessing.
(b) What interaction there is between Dr. Lorrimer's staff and
(c) About the fight between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(d) How Middlemass logs in people who come and go from his office.
4. Where does the interview with Angela Foley take place?
(a) In Dr. Lorrimer's lab.
(b) In the Director's office.
(c) In Angela's home.
(d) In the library.
5. Who is teaching Brenda?
(a) Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) Cliff Bradley.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Mr. Howarth.
6. About what can Director Howarth not offer accurate answers?
(a) Questions about Dr. Lorrimer's activities the night before.
(b) Whether Dr. Lorrimer was planning to quit.
(c) Whether Dr. Lorrimer and Paul Middlemass were friends outside the workspace.
(d) Whether or not Dr. Lorrimer has a girlfriend.
7. What does Middlemass emphasis in his responses to Dalgliesh?
(a) The story of Middlemass's son and Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) Middlemass's dislike of Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) The story of Middlemass's nephew and Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) The story of Middlemass's wife and Dr. Lorrimer.
8. What does Middlemass fail to tell Dalgliesh?
(a) About the fact that Dr. Lorrimer fell apart on the stand in the last trial.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer was hostile to Easterbrook.
(c) About the phone call from Susan Bradley.
(d) That Middlemass had fought with Dr. Lorrimer on other occasions.
9. What does Dalgliesh figure about the window above the bathrooms?
(a) That the window is painted shut and inoperable.
(b) That no one could conceivably make it to the ground that way.
(c) Dalgliesh does not notice the window.
(d) That a slender person could conceivably make it to the ground that way.
10. Who witnesses the exchange between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) Brenda Pridmore.
(b) Director Howarth.
(c) Mrs. Bidwell.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
11. Who is a cousin to Dr. Lorrimer?
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
12. How is the man dressed who was cavorting around on the graves at the village concert?
(a) As a knight.
(b) As a clown.
(c) In a hobbyhorse outfit.
(d) As a dragon.
13. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
(a) How he hates Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) How he wishes Dr. Lorrimer would resign.
(c) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's work.
(d) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's affability.
14. What does Nell do with the candle?
(a) Heats the wax doll and destroys it.
(b) Burns her palm.
(c) Heats the coffee in the mug.
(d) Burns her teddy bear.
15. Who is Brenda Pridmore?
(a) Cliff Bradley's older sister.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer's older sister.
(c) The new Clerical Officer/Receptionist at Hoggatt's Laboratory.
(d) Dr. Kerrison's babysitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Kerrison?
2. How does Inspector Blakelock behave while being questioned by Dalgliesh?
3. What does Dalgliesh want to be recovered in the bathroom sink?
4. Who is Maxim Howarth?
5. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)