|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brenda Pridmore start to do but then stops?
(a) Tell Easterbrook that Dr. Lorrimer was secretly in love with her.
(b) Call Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Give an additional piece of information to Dalgliesh.
2. What does Angela call Stella Mawson?
3. Why does Stella hire Angela?
(a) To clean house.
(b) To take care of the cottage grounds.
(c) To help Stella type.
(d) To train Stella's dog.
4. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
(a) Whether Nell Kerrison could have done this.
(b) Where Dr. Kerrison was the night before.
(c) The cause and time of death.
(d) Why Dr. Kerrison seems interested in seeing Dr. Lorrimer.
5. Who first arrives at the lab in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Brenda Pridmore alone.
(c) Brenda Pridmore and Inspector Blakelock.
(d) Inspector Blakelock alone.
6. How is Angela during her initial interview with Dalgliesh?
7. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
(a) The local police investigator.
(b) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(c) Brenda Pridmore's supervisor at Hoggatts Lab.
(d) The detective from the county seat.
8. Who is Dr. Kerrison?
(a) A forensic pathologist.
(b) A neurologist.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A professor.
9. What prints are found on the mallet?
(b) Brenda Pridmore and Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Only those of the owner.
(d) Paul Middlemass.
10. Who is Maxim Howarth?
(a) The newly-appointed Director of the Forensic Science Laboratory.
(b) The investigator on the young woman's murder case.
(c) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(d) A police officer.
11. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) That it is a figment of Mrs. Bidwell's amble imagination.
(b) That it did not take place at all.
(c) They are unsure about of the story is accurate.
(d) That the fight was over Domenica.
12. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
(a) His car.
(b) His wife.
(c) Some stocks he recently purchases.
(d) His house.
13. About what is Howarth relieved?
(a) That he made it through the autopsy without embarrassing himself.
(b) That his wife is returning the next day.
(c) That he has made a good start in his new job.
(d) That his daughter is leaving to go back to boarding school.
14. What does Nell have in her hand?
(a) A wax figure that represents Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) Her father's coffee mug.
(c) Her teddy bear.
(d) A cross.
15. Who is teaching Brenda?
(a) Mr. Howarth.
(b) Cliff Bradley.
(c) Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
2. Who interrupts the meeting between Howarth and Dr. Lorrimer?
3. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
4. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
5. Who cleans up after the meeting with the senior scientists?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)