|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protocol does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) The protocol of who is allowed to work after hours without Blakelock also being in attendance.
(b) The protocol of signing out supplies.
(c) The protocol of rank.
(d) The protocol of logging evidence.
2. Who is Dr. Kerrison?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A professor.
(c) A neurologist.
(d) A forensic pathologist.
3. What is Dr. Kerrison's biggest concern as he is leaving?
(a) Not waking up his daughter.
(b) That he forgets his coffee on the kitchen counter.
(c) The need for speed.
(d) The neighbors seeing him.
4. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Give him the wrong documents and embarrass him.
(b) Tell him to leave Brenda alone.
(c) Fire him.
(d) Punch him in the face.
5. About what does Howarth have a conference with Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Cliff Bradley's evaluation.
(b) Training Angela Foley to keep the lab reports up to date.
(c) The sloppy lab procedures.
(d) Training Brenda Pridmore to create stains.
6. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
(a) About the fight between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(b) How Middlemass logs in people who come and go from his office.
(c) What interaction there is between Dr. Lorrimer's staff and
(d) How Middlemass logs in documents he is assessing.
7. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Pridmore.
(b) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(c) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth.
(d) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Nan Kerrison.
8. What does Middlemass fail to tell Dalgliesh?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer was hostile to Easterbrook.
(b) That Middlemass had fought with Dr. Lorrimer on other occasions.
(c) About the phone call from Susan Bradley.
(d) About the fact that Dr. Lorrimer fell apart on the stand in the last trial.
9. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
(b) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
(d) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
10. Where does the interview with Angela Foley take place?
(a) In Angela's home.
(b) In Dr. Lorrimer's lab.
(c) In the Director's office.
(d) In the library.
11. Who is Brenda Pridmore?
(a) Dr. Lorrimer's older sister.
(b) The new Clerical Officer/Receptionist at Hoggatt's Laboratory.
(c) Dr. Kerrison's babysitter.
(d) Cliff Bradley's older sister.
12. Who is Maxim Howarth?
(a) The newly-appointed Director of the Forensic Science Laboratory.
(b) The investigator on the young woman's murder case.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A detective from Scotland Yard.
13. About what does Dalgliesh question the cleaning lady?
(a) How many people have keys to the cleaning locker.
(b) Why she did not report the altercation between Dr. Lorrimer and a co-worker.
(c) Who owned the bloody hat in the trash.
(d) How Dr. Lorrimer's co-workers felt about him.
14. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
(b) Adam Dalgliesh and Massingham.
(c) No one; it is not their jurisdiction.
(d) Massingham since Dalgliesh is out of town.
15. What is lying open on the table?
(b) Lorrimer's notebook.
(c) A tube of acid.
(d) A staining solution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Mr. Lorrimer immediately after the news of his son's death is given him?
2. What surprises Brenda Pridmore?
3. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
4. What about the concert facility does Dalgliesh question Middlemass?
5. What does Brenda Pridmore start to do but then stops?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)