|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lying open on the table?
(a) Lorrimer's notebook.
(b) A staining solution.
(c) A tube of acid.
2. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
(a) That her husband is in the hospital.
(b) Not to come in to work at the lab that morning.
(c) That her son was ill and she needs to go to London.
(d) That the person who gives her a ride to work is unable to pick her up.
3. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
(b) His father.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Director Howarth.
4. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(b) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth.
(c) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Pridmore.
(d) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Nan Kerrison.
5. Who is a cousin to Dr. Lorrimer?
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
6. Who first arrives at the lab in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Brenda Pridmore and Inspector Blakelock.
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Inspector Blakelock alone.
(d) Brenda Pridmore alone.
7. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
(a) At a woman's house for dinner.
(b) In London.
(c) At his mother's home.
(d) At the village concert.
8. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) That it is a figment of Mrs. Bidwell's amble imagination.
(b) That the fight was over Domenica.
(c) They are unsure about of the story is accurate.
(d) That it did not take place at all.
9. Who is entering the lab as Dr. Lorrimer is being removed?
(a) Angela Foley.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(c) Mrs. Bidwell.
(d) No one.
10. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
(a) In the family room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Up in her bed.
(d) On the top step.
11. What about the concert facility does Dalgliesh question Middlemass?
(a) The cemetary nearby.
(b) The colors of the walls.
(c) The layout.
(d) Dalgliesh is not concerned about the layout.
12. What does Cliff Bradley assert over and over to Dalgliesh?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer was hated by almost everyone.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth disagreed frequently.
(c) That he knows nothing about any aspect of the crime.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer and Blakelock argued frequently.
13. How is Angela during her initial interview with Dalgliesh?
14. What does Mrs. Bidwell explain to Dalgliesh?
(a) About how Dr. Lorrimer always asked her to wipe his desk twice a day.
(b) That Mrs. Bidwell is hard of hearing.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer did not allow Mrs. Bidwell to clean in the lab.
(d) About her cleaning routine.
15. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
(a) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's affability.
(b) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's work.
(c) How he wishes Dr. Lorrimer would resign.
(d) How he hates Dr. Lorrimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
2. What prints are found on the mallet?
3. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
4. Who checks the keys in the safe with Angela on the morning of Dr. Lorrimer's death?
5. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)