|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stella hire Angela?
(a) To help Stella type.
(b) To train Stella's dog.
(c) To take care of the cottage grounds.
(d) To clean house.
2. About what can Director Howarth not offer accurate answers?
(a) Whether Dr. Lorrimer was planning to quit.
(b) Whether Dr. Lorrimer and Paul Middlemass were friends outside the workspace.
(c) Whether or not Dr. Lorrimer has a girlfriend.
(d) Questions about Dr. Lorrimer's activities the night before.
3. Who chats openly and honestly with Dalgliesh?
(a) Angela Foley.
(b) Director Howarth.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Brenda Pridmore.
4. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Mr. Middlemass.
5. What does Nell have in her hand?
(a) A cross.
(b) Her teddy bear.
(c) Her father's coffee mug.
(d) A wax figure that represents Dr. Lorrimer.
6. What does Dalgliesh figure about the window above the bathrooms?
(a) That the window is painted shut and inoperable.
(b) That a slender person could conceivably make it to the ground that way.
(c) That no one could conceivably make it to the ground that way.
(d) Dalgliesh does not notice the window.
7. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(b) His partner's background.
(c) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
(d) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
8. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They are quite distraught.
(b) They are horrified.
(c) They seem unaffected.
(d) They seem jubilant.
9. What is missing that belonged to Middlemass's deceased father?
(a) A watch.
(b) A hat.
(c) A ring.
(d) A lab coat.
10. By what is Cliff Bradley deeply intimidated?
(a) The idea of taking care of the new baby.
(b) The thought that he might have to take over an ongoing murder investigation.
(c) Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) Susan's mother who is visiting that evening.
11. Who is Dr. Kerrison?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A professor.
(c) A forensic pathologist.
(d) A neurologist.
12. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
(a) If Middlemass talked with Susan Bradley the day before.
(c) If Middlemass would lie for Bradley.
(d) If Middlemass thinks Bradley committed the murder.
13. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
(a) Not to come in to work at the lab that morning.
(b) That the person who gives her a ride to work is unable to pick her up.
(c) That her son was ill and she needs to go to London.
(d) That her husband is in the hospital.
14. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
(a) His car.
(b) His wife.
(c) His house.
(d) Some stocks he recently purchases.
15. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
(a) It has never been seen by anyone before.
(b) It is evidence in another case.
(c) It belongs in the autopsy room.
(d) It belongs in the forensics lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mercer do after offering Dalgliesh assistance?
2. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
3. Who is a cousin to Dr. Lorrimer?
4. Where does the interview with Angela Foley take place?
5. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)