|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
(a) At the village concert.
(b) At a woman's house for dinner.
(c) At his mother's home.
(d) In London.
2. Who cleans up after the meeting with the senior scientists?
(b) Angela Foley.
(c) Brenda Pridmore.
(d) Director Howarth.
3. Who interrupts the meeting between Howarth and Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Angela Foley.
(d) Paul Middlemass.
4. What important piece of information does Dalgliesh learn from his first interviewee?`
(a) That someone has torn a page out of Dr. Lorrimer's notebook.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer hated Domenica.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer was planning to resign.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer had a date the night before.
5. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) His partner's background.
(b) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
(c) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(d) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
6. What action is Cliff considering?
(a) Resigning his job.
(b) Killing his mother-in-law.
(c) Killing Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) Divorcing Susan.
7. How does Inspector Blakelock behave while being questioned by Dalgliesh?
(a) He stands at attention.
(b) He sits and chats like the two are old buddies.
(c) He is openly hostile at Scotland Yard being assigned the case.
(d) He becomes agitated.
8. Where does the interview with Angela Foley take place?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the Director's office.
(c) In Angela's home.
(d) In Dr. Lorrimer's lab.
9. How is Angela during her initial interview with Dalgliesh?
10. What does Howarth wish?
(a) That his daughter is safe in London.
(b) That he and his wife had been able to leave that day on their vacation.
(c) That he had not said he would be at the murder scene.
(d) That he had not given up his former job.
11. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
(a) What interaction there is between Dr. Lorrimer's staff and
(b) About the fight between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(c) How Middlemass logs in documents he is assessing.
(d) How Middlemass logs in people who come and go from his office.
12. About what is Howarth relieved?
(a) That his daughter is leaving to go back to boarding school.
(b) That he has made a good start in his new job.
(c) That his wife is returning the next day.
(d) That he made it through the autopsy without embarrassing himself.
13. About what does Howarth have a conference with Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) The sloppy lab procedures.
(b) Training Brenda Pridmore to create stains.
(c) Training Angela Foley to keep the lab reports up to date.
(d) Cliff Bradley's evaluation.
14. Who is Dr. Kerrison?
(a) A professor.
(b) A forensic pathologist.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A neurologist.
15. What does Middlemass fail to tell Dalgliesh?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer was hostile to Easterbrook.
(b) That Middlemass had fought with Dr. Lorrimer on other occasions.
(c) About the fact that Dr. Lorrimer fell apart on the stand in the last trial.
(d) About the phone call from Susan Bradley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
2. What does Cliff Bradley assert over and over to Dalgliesh?
3. What protocol does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
4. Who first arrives at the lab in Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. Who is Paul Middlemass?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)