|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
(b) If Middlemass talked with Susan Bradley the day before.
(c) If Middlemass thinks Bradley committed the murder.
(d) If Middlemass would lie for Bradley.
2. What does Dalgliesh want to be recovered in the bathroom sink?
(a) Some hairs.
(d) A ring.
3. What action is Cliff considering?
(a) Killing his mother-in-law.
(b) Resigning his job.
(c) Divorcing Susan.
(d) Killing Dr. Lorrimer.
4. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Give him the wrong documents and embarrass him.
(b) Fire him.
(c) Punch him in the face.
(d) Tell him to leave Brenda alone.
5. What does Brenda need to learn according to her supervisor?
(a) To be more detached.
(b) To greet visitors with confidence.
(c) To log in evidence correctly.
(d) To coordinate lab activities.
6. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
(a) Whether Nell Kerrison could have done this.
(b) Why Dr. Kerrison seems interested in seeing Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) Where Dr. Kerrison was the night before.
(d) The cause and time of death.
7. Who is Maxim Howarth?
(a) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(b) The newly-appointed Director of the Forensic Science Laboratory.
(c) The investigator on the young woman's murder case.
(d) A police officer.
8. By what is Cliff Bradley deeply intimidated?
(a) The idea of taking care of the new baby.
(b) The thought that he might have to take over an ongoing murder investigation.
(c) Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) Susan's mother who is visiting that evening.
9. Who stays with Mr. Lorrimer immediately after the news of his son's death is given him?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The priest.
(c) Angela and Stella.
(d) His neighbor.
10. Whose son is Massingham?
(a) Dalgliesh's father's best friend.
(b) A charwoman.
(c) A notorious extortionist.
(d) A peer of the realm.
11. About what is Massingham happy when they land?
(a) To be off the helicopter.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) To be working with the famed Adam Dalgliesh.
(d) The country air and taking on a murder investigation.
12. What does Dalgliesh think of the people in the library?
(a) That they are hiding something from him.
(b) That all of them probably know the murderer.
(c) That several of them are lying.
(d) That none of them is probably the murderer.
13. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They seem jubilant.
(b) They seem unaffected.
(c) They are horrified.
(d) They are quite distraught.
14. What does Mrs. Bidwell explain to Dalgliesh?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer did not allow Mrs. Bidwell to clean in the lab.
(b) About how Dr. Lorrimer always asked her to wipe his desk twice a day.
(c) That Mrs. Bidwell is hard of hearing.
(d) About her cleaning routine.
15. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the top step.
(c) In the family room.
(d) Up in her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
2. About what does Stella say life isn't convenient?
3. About what does Dalgliesh question the cleaning lady?
4. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
5. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)