|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bidwell explain to Dalgliesh?
(a) That Mrs. Bidwell is hard of hearing.
(b) About her cleaning routine.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer did not allow Mrs. Bidwell to clean in the lab.
(d) About how Dr. Lorrimer always asked her to wipe his desk twice a day.
2. Who chats openly and honestly with Dalgliesh?
(a) Angela Foley.
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Director Howarth.
(d) Brenda Pridmore.
3. What is lying open on the table?
(b) Lorrimer's notebook.
(c) A staining solution.
(d) A tube of acid.
4. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth.
(b) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Nan Kerrison.
(c) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(d) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Pridmore.
5. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the top step.
(c) Up in her bed.
(d) In the family room.
6. What does Dalgliesh want to be recovered in the bathroom sink?
(b) A ring.
(c) Some hairs.
7. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
(a) At the village concert.
(b) At a woman's house for dinner.
(c) At his mother's home.
(d) In London.
8. Why does Mrs. Bidwell not have to do much in Director Howarth's office?
(a) He is rarely there.
(b) Mrs. Bidwell and Director Howarth do not get along very well.
(c) He is meticulous.
(d) He likes to do most of the cleaning up himself.
9. What does Nell have in her hand?
(a) Her teddy bear.
(b) A cross.
(c) Her father's coffee mug.
(d) A wax figure that represents Dr. Lorrimer.
10. What is missing that belonged to Middlemass's deceased father?
(a) A lab coat.
(b) A ring.
(c) A hat.
(d) A watch.
11. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
(b) If Middlemass talked with Susan Bradley the day before.
(c) If Middlemass thinks Bradley committed the murder.
(d) If Middlemass would lie for Bradley.
12. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) That it is a figment of Mrs. Bidwell's amble imagination.
(b) They are unsure about of the story is accurate.
(c) That the fight was over Domenica.
(d) That it did not take place at all.
13. Who goes to tell Dr. Lorrimer's father about the doctor's death?
(d) Angela Foley and Stella Mawson.
14. Who stays with Mr. Lorrimer immediately after the news of his son's death is given him?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Angela and Stella.
(d) The priest.
15. What important piece of information does Dalgliesh learn from his first interviewee?`
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer was planning to resign.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer had a date the night before.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer hated Domenica.
(d) That someone has torn a page out of Dr. Lorrimer's notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalgliesh think of the people in the library?
2. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
3. How is the man dressed who was cavorting around on the graves at the village concert?
4. Why is Howarth upset with Lorrimer?
5. What is Dr. Kerrison's biggest concern as he is leaving?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)