|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to tell Dr. Lorrimer's father about the doctor's death?
(d) Angela Foley and Stella Mawson.
2. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is cooking breakfast.
(c) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
(d) She is in the shower.
3. What does Nell do with the candle?
(a) Burns her teddy bear.
(b) Heats the wax doll and destroys it.
(c) Burns her palm.
(d) Heats the coffee in the mug.
4. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(b) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
(c) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
(d) His partner's background.
5. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
(a) In the family room.
(b) On the top step.
(c) Up in her bed.
(d) In the kitchen.
6. How is Angela during her initial interview with Dalgliesh?
7. Who checks the keys in the safe with Angela on the morning of Dr. Lorrimer's death?
(c) She does the check by herself.
8. What does Howarth wish?
(a) That he had not given up his former job.
(b) That he had not said he would be at the murder scene.
(c) That his daughter is safe in London.
(d) That he and his wife had been able to leave that day on their vacation.
9. What does Dr. Lorrimer inherit from his grandmother?
(a) A Citroen.
(b) 100,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) A citeron.
10. What does Brenda need to learn according to her supervisor?
(a) To be more detached.
(b) To log in evidence correctly.
(c) To greet visitors with confidence.
(d) To coordinate lab activities.
11. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
(a) Talk to Howarth who dismisses them one by one.
(b) Write down all their activities for the past 24 hours.
(c) Stay there until that evening.
(d) Read up on investigative law for their particular situation.
12. Whose son is Massingham?
(a) A charwoman.
(b) A notorious extortionist.
(c) A peer of the realm.
(d) Dalgliesh's father's best friend.
13. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
(a) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(b) The local police investigator.
(c) The detective from the county seat.
(d) Brenda Pridmore's supervisor at Hoggatts Lab.
14. Who is entering the lab as Dr. Lorrimer is being removed?
(a) Mrs. Bidwell.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(c) No one.
(d) Angela Foley.
15. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(b) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
(d) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
2. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
3. Why is Howarth upset with Lorrimer?
4. What is in the lab that is likely the murder weapon?
5. What does Mrs. Bidwell explain to Dalgliesh?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)