|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
(a) Read up on investigative law for their particular situation.
(b) Stay there until that evening.
(c) Talk to Howarth who dismisses them one by one.
(d) Write down all their activities for the past 24 hours.
2. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
3. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
(a) Mr. Middlemass.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
4. What does Dalgliesh want to be recovered in the bathroom sink?
(b) A ring.
(c) Some hairs.
5. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Tell him to leave Brenda alone.
(b) Give him the wrong documents and embarrass him.
(c) Punch him in the face.
(d) Fire him.
6. Where does the interview with Angela Foley take place?
(a) In Angela's home.
(b) In the Director's office.
(c) In the library.
(d) In Dr. Lorrimer's lab.
7. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
(a) It has never been seen by anyone before.
(b) It belongs in the autopsy room.
(c) It is evidence in another case.
(d) It belongs in the forensics lab.
8. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is in the shower.
(b) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
(c) She is cooking breakfast.
(d) She is asleep.
9. Why does Mrs. Bidwell not have to do much in Director Howarth's office?
(a) He likes to do most of the cleaning up himself.
(b) Mrs. Bidwell and Director Howarth do not get along very well.
(c) He is rarely there.
(d) He is meticulous.
10. Why does Stella hire Angela?
(a) To clean house.
(b) To take care of the cottage grounds.
(c) To train Stella's dog.
(d) To help Stella type.
11. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Pridmore.
(b) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth.
(c) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Nan Kerrison.
(d) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
12. What does Brenda Pridmore start to do but then stops?
(a) Tell Easterbrook that Dr. Lorrimer was secretly in love with her.
(b) Call Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(c) Give an additional piece of information to Dalgliesh.
(d) Quit her job.
13. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
(a) How he wishes Dr. Lorrimer would resign.
(b) How he hates Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's work.
(d) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's affability.
14. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
(b) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(c) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
15. What does Dalgliesh think of the people in the library?
(a) That they are hiding something from him.
(b) That none of them is probably the murderer.
(c) That all of them probably know the murderer.
(d) That several of them are lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems emotionally immune to the process of an autopsy?
2. Who chats openly and honestly with Dalgliesh?
3. How is the man dressed who was cavorting around on the graves at the village concert?
4. What is Dr. Kerrison's biggest concern as he is leaving?
5. By what is Cliff Bradley deeply intimidated?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)