|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the man dressed who was cavorting around on the graves at the village concert?
(a) In a hobbyhorse outfit.
(b) As a clown.
(c) As a dragon.
(d) As a knight.
2. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
(c) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
3. What prints are found on the mallet?
(b) Brenda Pridmore and Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Paul Middlemass.
(d) Only those of the owner.
4. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
(a) His wife.
(b) His car.
(c) Some stocks he recently purchases.
(d) His house.
5. What does Nell do with the candle?
(a) Burns her teddy bear.
(b) Heats the coffee in the mug.
(c) Heats the wax doll and destroys it.
(d) Burns her palm.
6. What encounter does Blakelock describe to Dalgliesh?
(a) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Howarth.
(b) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(c) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Pridmore.
(d) Between Dr. Lorrimer and Nan Kerrison.
7. In what does Dr. Lorrimer get Brenda interested?
(a) Reading DNA strands.
(b) In how to create stains.
(c) Biology and what can be learned under a microscope.
(d) Finding minute particles of an alien substance.
8. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
(a) Why a newly-formed football team was suddenly sold.
(b) How many teams have been eliminated in the Wimbleton doubles tournament.
(c) What the murderer might be doing right now.
(d) Why anyone would choose such as beautiful day to commit murder.
9. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is in the shower.
(c) She is cooking breakfast.
(d) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
10. Who stays with Mr. Lorrimer immediately after the news of his son's death is given him?
(a) Angela and Stella.
(b) The priest.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His daughter.
11. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
(a) How he hates Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) How he wishes Dr. Lorrimer would resign.
(c) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's affability.
(d) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's work.
12. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
(a) What interaction there is between Dr. Lorrimer's staff and
(b) How Middlemass logs in documents he is assessing.
(c) How Middlemass logs in people who come and go from his office.
(d) About the fight between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
13. Who is teaching Brenda?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Mr. Howarth.
(c) Cliff Bradley.
(d) Dr. Lorrimer.
14. Who goes to tell Dr. Lorrimer's father about the doctor's death?
(c) Angela Foley and Stella Mawson.
15. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who checks the keys in the safe with Angela on the morning of Dr. Lorrimer's death?
2. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
3. What surprises Brenda Pridmore?
4. About what is Massingham happy when they land?
5. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)