|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
(a) Why Dr. Kerrison seems interested in seeing Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) The cause and time of death.
(c) Whether Nell Kerrison could have done this.
(d) Where Dr. Kerrison was the night before.
2. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is in the shower.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
(d) She is cooking breakfast.
3. What does Mercer do after offering Dalgliesh assistance?
(a) Calls his supervisor.
(c) Leaves Hoggatt's lab.
(d) Goes back to continue questioning Hoggatt's staff.
4. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
(c) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
5. What is Middlemass's role in the halftime entertainment at the village concert the night of the murder of Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) A violin solo.
(b) That of a hobbyhorse.
(c) A singer.
(d) A guitar solo.
6. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Director Howarth.
(c) His father.
7. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
(b) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(c) His partner's background.
(d) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
8. Who is Brenda Pridmore?
(a) Dr. Kerrison's babysitter.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer's older sister.
(c) The new Clerical Officer/Receptionist at Hoggatt's Laboratory.
(d) Cliff Bradley's older sister.
9. What surprises Brenda Pridmore?
(a) That the lights are on in the reception area when she arrives.
(b) That Mrs. Bidwell has not yet arrived at the lab.
(c) That Dr. Kerrison is coming out of the lab when Brenda arrives.
(d) That Blakelock is not yet at the lab.
10. Who witnesses the exchange between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) Brenda Pridmore.
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Director Howarth.
(d) Mrs. Bidwell.
11. What does Mrs. Bidwell explain to Dalgliesh?
(a) About how Dr. Lorrimer always asked her to wipe his desk twice a day.
(b) That Mrs. Bidwell is hard of hearing.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer did not allow Mrs. Bidwell to clean in the lab.
(d) About her cleaning routine.
12. By what is Cliff Bradley deeply intimidated?
(a) The idea of taking care of the new baby.
(b) The thought that he might have to take over an ongoing murder investigation.
(c) Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) Susan's mother who is visiting that evening.
13. What is Dalgliesh trying to accurately understand?
(a) Why Brenda Pridmore is the one sent to find Dr. Lorrimer's body.
(b) How someone else got into the lab through the restroom window.
(c) How Dr. Kerrison is able to pinpoint the time of death so accurately.
(d) The key and security situation at the lab.
14. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
(a) Why he is not out fishing on such a lovely morning.
(b) The senior biologist.
(c) The pathologist at the main hospital.
(d) The way the mist is rising off his car meaning it will be a hot day.
15. Who is entering the lab as Dr. Lorrimer is being removed?
(a) Mrs. Bidwell.
(b) Angela Foley.
(c) Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
2. What is Dr. Kerrison's biggest concern as he is leaving?
3. About what does Stella say life isn't convenient?
4. Where does the interview with Angela Foley take place?
5. What does Middlemass fail to tell Dalgliesh?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)