|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mr. Middlemass.
2. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
3. Who chats openly and honestly with Dalgliesh?
(a) Brenda Pridmore.
(b) Director Howarth.
(c) Angela Foley.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
4. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
(a) If Middlemass talked with Susan Bradley the day before.
(b) If Middlemass thinks Bradley committed the murder.
(c) If Middlemass would lie for Bradley.
5. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
(a) It belongs in the autopsy room.
(b) It has never been seen by anyone before.
(c) It belongs in the forensics lab.
(d) It is evidence in another case.
6. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
(a) The detective from the county seat.
(b) A detective from Scotland Yard.
(c) The local police investigator.
(d) Brenda Pridmore's supervisor at Hoggatts Lab.
7. What does Angela call Stella Mawson?
8. What does Brenda Pridmore start to do but then stops?
(a) Call Dr. Lorrimer's father.
(b) Tell Easterbrook that Dr. Lorrimer was secretly in love with her.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Give an additional piece of information to Dalgliesh.
9. What does Middlemass fail to tell Dalgliesh?
(a) About the fact that Dr. Lorrimer fell apart on the stand in the last trial.
(b) That Middlemass had fought with Dr. Lorrimer on other occasions.
(c) About the phone call from Susan Bradley.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer was hostile to Easterbrook.
10. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
(a) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's affability.
(b) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's work.
(c) How he wishes Dr. Lorrimer would resign.
(d) How he hates Dr. Lorrimer.
11. What is missing that belonged to Middlemass's deceased father?
(a) A watch.
(b) A ring.
(c) A hat.
(d) A lab coat.
12. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
(a) How many teams have been eliminated in the Wimbleton doubles tournament.
(b) Why a newly-formed football team was suddenly sold.
(c) What the murderer might be doing right now.
(d) Why anyone would choose such as beautiful day to commit murder.
13. About what can Director Howarth not offer accurate answers?
(a) Whether or not Dr. Lorrimer has a girlfriend.
(b) Whether Dr. Lorrimer and Paul Middlemass were friends outside the workspace.
(c) Whether Dr. Lorrimer was planning to quit.
(d) Questions about Dr. Lorrimer's activities the night before.
14. About what does Howarth have a conference with Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) The sloppy lab procedures.
(b) Training Angela Foley to keep the lab reports up to date.
(c) Cliff Bradley's evaluation.
(d) Training Brenda Pridmore to create stains.
15. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They are horrified.
(b) They seem unaffected.
(c) They seem jubilant.
(d) They are quite distraught.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems emotionally immune to the process of an autopsy?
2. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
3. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
4. Whose son is Massingham?
5. Why does Stella hire Angela?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)