|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who witnesses the exchange between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) Brenda Pridmore.
(b) Mrs. Bidwell.
(c) Director Howarth.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
2. Who is teaching Brenda?
(a) Mr. Howarth.
(b) Cliff Bradley.
(c) Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) Dr. Kerrison.
3. Who is Paul Middlemass?
(a) The Constable.
(b) Supervisor of the Document Examination Room.
(c) The Police Chief.
(d) The detective in charge of the homicide division.
4. What does Mrs. Bidwell explain to Dalgliesh?
(a) About her cleaning routine.
(b) About how Dr. Lorrimer always asked her to wipe his desk twice a day.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer did not allow Mrs. Bidwell to clean in the lab.
(d) That Mrs. Bidwell is hard of hearing.
5. About what can Director Howarth not offer accurate answers?
(a) Whether Dr. Lorrimer was planning to quit.
(b) Questions about Dr. Lorrimer's activities the night before.
(c) Whether or not Dr. Lorrimer has a girlfriend.
(d) Whether Dr. Lorrimer and Paul Middlemass were friends outside the workspace.
6. How do Brenda's parents feel about her job?
(a) Not happy.
7. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Director Howarth.
(b) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) His father.
8. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
(a) Where Dr. Kerrison was the night before.
(b) Why Dr. Kerrison seems interested in seeing Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) Whether Nell Kerrison could have done this.
(d) The cause and time of death.
9. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
(b) Adam Dalgliesh and Massingham.
(c) No one; it is not their jurisdiction.
(d) Massingham since Dalgliesh is out of town.
10. About what is Howarth relieved?
(a) That he has made a good start in his new job.
(b) That his wife is returning the next day.
(c) That his daughter is leaving to go back to boarding school.
(d) That he made it through the autopsy without embarrassing himself.
11. About what does Susan Bradley call Middlemass?
(a) To ask for her old job back.
(b) To ask him to dinner.
(c) To intevene for Cliff.
(d) To offer her assistance with his backlog.
12. What does Dalgliesh figure about the window above the bathrooms?
(a) That a slender person could conceivably make it to the ground that way.
(b) That no one could conceivably make it to the ground that way.
(c) Dalgliesh does not notice the window.
(d) That the window is painted shut and inoperable.
13. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(b) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
14. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
(b) If Middlemass would lie for Bradley.
(c) If Middlemass talked with Susan Bradley the day before.
(d) If Middlemass thinks Bradley committed the murder.
15. Who first arrives at the lab in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Brenda Pridmore and Inspector Blakelock.
(c) Brenda Pridmore alone.
(d) Inspector Blakelock alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
2. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
3. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
4. How is the man dressed who was cavorting around on the graves at the village concert?
5. What does Howarth wish?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)