|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eleanor Kerrison sitting?
(a) Up in her bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the top step.
(d) In the family room.
2. About what can Director Howarth not offer accurate answers?
(a) Whether Dr. Lorrimer and Paul Middlemass were friends outside the workspace.
(b) Whether Dr. Lorrimer was planning to quit.
(c) Whether or not Dr. Lorrimer has a girlfriend.
(d) Questions about Dr. Lorrimer's activities the night before.
3. Whose son is Massingham?
(a) Dalgliesh's father's best friend.
(b) A notorious extortionist.
(c) A charwoman.
(d) A peer of the realm.
4. Who cleans up after the meeting with the senior scientists?
(b) Brenda Pridmore.
(c) Angela Foley.
(d) Director Howarth.
5. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
(a) The senior biologist.
(b) The pathologist at the main hospital.
(c) Why he is not out fishing on such a lovely morning.
(d) The way the mist is rising off his car meaning it will be a hot day.
6. Who is a cousin to Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
7. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
8. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is cooking breakfast.
(b) She is in the shower.
(c) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
(d) She is asleep.
9. What does Dalgliesh think of the people in the library?
(a) That they are hiding something from him.
(b) That several of them are lying.
(c) That all of them probably know the murderer.
(d) That none of them is probably the murderer.
10. What does Cliff Bradley ask Middlemass?
(a) If Middlemass talked with Susan Bradley the day before.
(c) If Middlemass thinks Bradley committed the murder.
(d) If Middlemass would lie for Bradley.
11. What does Mrs. Bidwell explain to Dalgliesh?
(a) That Mrs. Bidwell is hard of hearing.
(b) About her cleaning routine.
(c) About how Dr. Lorrimer always asked her to wipe his desk twice a day.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer did not allow Mrs. Bidwell to clean in the lab.
12. Why does Mrs. Bidwell not have to do much in Director Howarth's office?
(a) He is meticulous.
(b) Mrs. Bidwell and Director Howarth do not get along very well.
(c) He likes to do most of the cleaning up himself.
(d) He is rarely there.
13. What does Brenda need to learn according to her supervisor?
(a) To log in evidence correctly.
(b) To greet visitors with confidence.
(c) To be more detached.
(d) To coordinate lab activities.
14. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
(a) His wife.
(b) His house.
(c) Some stocks he recently purchases.
(d) His car.
15. What does Howarth wish?
(a) That he had not given up his former job.
(b) That he and his wife had been able to leave that day on their vacation.
(c) That his daughter is safe in London.
(d) That he had not said he would be at the murder scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prints are found on the mallet?
2. Who is entering the lab as Dr. Lorrimer is being removed?
3. What action is Cliff considering?
4. By what is Cliff Bradley deeply intimidated?
5. What surprises Brenda Pridmore?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)