|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Hanged by the Neck, Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dalgliesh trying to accurately understand?
(a) How someone else got into the lab through the restroom window.
(b) How Dr. Kerrison is able to pinpoint the time of death so accurately.
(c) Why Brenda Pridmore is the one sent to find Dr. Lorrimer's body.
(d) The key and security situation at the lab.
2. What about the concert facility does Dalgliesh question Middlemass?
(a) Dalgliesh is not concerned about the layout.
(b) The layout.
(c) The colors of the walls.
(d) The cemetary nearby.
3. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
(a) How Middlemass logs in people who come and go from his office.
(b) How Middlemass logs in documents he is assessing.
(c) What interaction there is between Dr. Lorrimer's staff and
(d) About the fight between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
4. What does Middlemass fail to tell Dalgliesh?
(a) About the fact that Dr. Lorrimer fell apart on the stand in the last trial.
(b) About the phone call from Susan Bradley.
(c) That Dr. Lorrimer was hostile to Easterbrook.
(d) That Middlemass had fought with Dr. Lorrimer on other occasions.
5. With whom does Domenica live?
(a) By herself.
(b) Dr. Lorrimer.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Director Howarth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
2. What does Brenda's mother insist that Brenda tell the police?
3. What is the most striking thing about Dr. Lorrimer's room?
4. Who requested that Angela check the keys in the safe?
5. How does Domenica characterize Dr. Lorrimer?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)