|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Hanged by the Neck, Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(b) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
(c) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
2. How does the rector's wife describe Mr. Lorrimer and his son?
(b) Hostile and abusive.
(c) Friendly and outgoing.
3. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison concerning Nell?
(a) Why Nell hates Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) Why Nell does not speak.
(c) The run-in between Nell and Dr. Lorrimer.
(d) Where Nell was on the night of Dr. Lorrimer's murder.
4. How does Domenica characterize Dr. Lorrimer?
(a) Childish and whiney about the end of the affair.
(b) As verbally abusive.
(c) Cruel when he ends the affair with her.
(d) Meanspirited when she flirted with him.
5. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) That it is a figment of Mrs. Bidwell's amble imagination.
(b) They are unsure about of the story is accurate.
(c) That the fight was over Domenica.
(d) That it did not take place at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
2. What do the driver of the bus and conductor see?
3. What does Brenda need to learn according to her supervisor?
4. About what does Dalgliesh question Dr. Kerrison?
5. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)