|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Hanged by the Neck, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Domenica's occupation?
(a) A pilot.
(b) An artist.
(c) A nun.
(d) A secretary.
2. What happens to Dr. Lorrimer for about six months?
(a) He seems almost happy.
(b) He stops going to church.
(c) He is morose and moody.
(d) He takes a class in London on forensics psychology.
3. Whose son is Massingham?
(a) A charwoman.
(b) A notorious extortionist.
(c) A peer of the realm.
(d) Dalgliesh's father's best friend.
4. Why does Angela Foley's grandmother not raise Angela?
(a) The grandmother was too poor.
(b) The grandmother dies just days after Angela's mother.
(c) The grandmother was mentally incompetent.
(d) The grandmother despised Angela's mother.
5. What does Mrs. Bidwell tell Dalgliesh about the lab coat?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer never wore a lab coat.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer's lab coat was blue rather than white.
(c) That the lab coat that Dr. Lorrimer accidentally burns is missing.
(d) That the coat with Lorrimer's blood on it has disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
2. Whose letters do the detectives find in a locked drawer in Dr. Lorrimer's room?
3. To whose car are the tire tracks matched?
4. What does Brenda's mother insist that Brenda tell the police?
5. Where was Director Howarth the night before?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)