|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Hanged by the Neck, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dalgliesh think about on the helicopter flight to Chevisham?
(a) If Massingham is competent since he's never worked with Massinham.
(b) His partner's background.
(c) If Dr. Lorrimer has a wife or children.
(d) Whether he'd be back by the end of the week.
2. Who is Brenda Pridmore?
(a) Dr. Lorrimer's older sister.
(b) Dr. Kerrison's babysitter.
(c) Cliff Bradley's older sister.
(d) The new Clerical Officer/Receptionist at Hoggatt's Laboratory.
3. What does Mercer do?
(a) Lies about his whereabouts the night before.
(b) Confirms arrangements for police guards and the packaging of evidence to go the Scotland Yard.
(c) Tells Dalgliesh his agency is out of order for coming in on the case.
(d) Requests to stay on the case.
4. What does the caller tell Mrs. Bidwell early in the morning?
(a) That her son was ill and she needs to go to London.
(b) Not to come in to work at the lab that morning.
(c) That the person who gives her a ride to work is unable to pick her up.
(d) That her husband is in the hospital.
5. Why does Director Howarth know Dr. Lorrimer looked at a book on Howarth's desk?
(a) It was open to a different page than the one to which Howarth had it turned.
(b) The book was on the table when it had been on the desk.
(c) It was put back on the shelf.
(d) He is not sure if Dr. Lorrimer looked at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Lorrimer, for what does his son live?
2. About whom does Kerrison think on the drive to the murder site?
3. Who is Paul Middlemass?
4. By what is Cliff Bradley deeply intimidated?
5. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)