|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Death in a White Coat, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercer do after offering Dalgliesh assistance?
(a) Calls his supervisor.
(b) Leaves Hoggatt's lab.
(c) Goes back to continue questioning Hoggatt's staff.
2. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
(a) Massingham since Dalgliesh is out of town.
(b) No one; it is not their jurisdiction.
(c) Adam Dalgliesh and Massingham.
3. Why does Mrs. Bidwell not have to do much in Director Howarth's office?
(a) He likes to do most of the cleaning up himself.
(b) He is meticulous.
(c) Mrs. Bidwell and Director Howarth do not get along very well.
(d) He is rarely there.
4. What do the detectives think about Mrs. Bidwell's version of the fight between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
(a) That it is a figment of Mrs. Bidwell's amble imagination.
(b) They are unsure about of the story is accurate.
(c) That the fight was over Domenica.
(d) That it did not take place at all.
5. Who is Inspector Blakelock?
(a) Brenda Pridmore's supervisor at Hoggatts Lab.
(b) The local police investigator.
(c) The detective from the county seat.
(d) A detective from Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalgliesh want to be recovered in the bathroom sink?
2. What does Middlemass do to Dr. Lorrimer?
3. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
4. Who is Paul Middlemass?
5. How do Brenda's parents feel about her job?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)