|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Death in a White Coat, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nell do with the candle?
(a) Burns her teddy bear.
(b) Heats the wax doll and destroys it.
(c) Heats the coffee in the mug.
(d) Burns her palm.
2. About what is Howarth relieved?
(a) That he made it through the autopsy without embarrassing himself.
(b) That his daughter is leaving to go back to boarding school.
(c) That he has made a good start in his new job.
(d) That his wife is returning the next day.
3. What does Mercer do?
(a) Requests to stay on the case.
(b) Tells Dalgliesh his agency is out of order for coming in on the case.
(c) Lies about his whereabouts the night before.
(d) Confirms arrangements for police guards and the packaging of evidence to go the Scotland Yard.
4. Who first arrives at the lab in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Brenda Pridmore and Inspector Blakelock.
(c) Brenda Pridmore alone.
(d) Inspector Blakelock alone.
5. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is in the shower.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is cooking breakfast.
(d) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Dr. Lorrimer get Brenda interested?
2. What is Dr. Kerrison's biggest concern as he is leaving?
3. What action is Cliff considering?
4. What does Brenda need to learn according to her supervisor?
5. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)