|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: A Call to Murder, Chapter 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Howarth upset with Lorrimer?
(a) That he is involved with his sister.
(b) That he is so unfriendly.
(c) That he is lazy.
(d) That he is sloppy in his work.
2. What is Susan Bradley doing when she is introduced to the readers?
(a) She is cooking breakfast.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is waking up to breast-feed her new baby.
(d) She is in the shower.
3. About what does Stella say life isn't convenient?
(a) A cousin dying so that Stella might receive an inheritance.
(b) That the bus pulls up a moment after the two arrive at the bus stop.
(c) That the rain will come right after planting the flower garden.
(d) That the rain and fog will quit before a party Stella and Angela are planning.
4. What does Detective-Inspector Doyle believe is a good investment?
(a) His wife.
(b) His house.
(c) His car.
(d) Some stocks he recently purchases.
5. What does Howarth wish?
(a) That he had not said he would be at the murder scene.
(b) That his daughter is safe in London.
(c) That he had not given up his former job.
(d) That he and his wife had been able to leave that day on their vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Dr. Lorrimer get Brenda interested?
2. What does Angela call Stella Mawson?
3. Who witnesses the exchange between Middlemass and Lorrimer?
4. Who is Paul Middlemass?
5. Who is a cousin to Dr. Lorrimer?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)