|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Hanged by the Neck, Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
(a) How he hates Dr. Lorrimer.
(b) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's affability.
(c) How much he admires Dr. Lorrimer's work.
(d) How he wishes Dr. Lorrimer would resign.
2. Who do Dalgliesh and Massingham visit in relation to Doyle?
(a) No one.
(b) Doyle's wife.
(c) Doyle's boss.
(d) The woman whom he picked up.
3. Who is Paul Middlemass?
(a) Supervisor of the Document Examination Room.
(b) The Constable.
(c) The Police Chief.
(d) The detective in charge of the homicide division.
4. What have the returned lab tests on the case shown?
(a) That horse's blood is on the mallet.
(b) That someone's partial fingerprint is on the mallet.
(c) They have not yet been returned.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer's hairs are on the mallet.
5. What seems paradoxical about Mr. Lorrimer when he speaks of his son?
(a) He seems both proud of and yet disparging of his son.
(b) He seems to both love and hate his son.
(c) He talks of him as if he were alive and yet also dead.
(d) He seems to both like and dislike his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maxim Howarth?
2. Whose son is Massingham?
3. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
4. What does Brenda Pridmore start to do but then stops?
5. About what does Dalgliesh question the cleaning lady?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)