|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Hanged by the Neck, Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lying open on the table?
(a) A tube of acid.
(b) Lorrimer's notebook.
(c) A staining solution.
2. What accounting does Mawson give Dalgliesh?
(a) The whereabouts of Dr. Lorrimer on the night of his death.
(b) The money Dr. Lorrimer has that is Foley's.
(c) The money Dr. Lorrimer lent Foley.
(d) The whereabouts of Foley and Mawson.
3. What does Nell do with the candle?
(a) Burns her palm.
(b) Heats the wax doll and destroys it.
(c) Heats the coffee in the mug.
(d) Burns her teddy bear.
4. How does Inspector Blakelock behave while being questioned by Dalgliesh?
(a) He becomes agitated.
(b) He is openly hostile at Scotland Yard being assigned the case.
(c) He sits and chats like the two are old buddies.
(d) He stands at attention.
5. What seems paradoxical about Mr. Lorrimer when he speaks of his son?
(a) He talks of him as if he were alive and yet also dead.
(b) He seems to both love and hate his son.
(c) He seems to both like and dislike his son.
(d) He seems both proud of and yet disparging of his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mawson been dead?
2. Why does Director Howarth know Dr. Lorrimer looked at a book on Howarth's desk?
3. Who does Dalgliesh meet outside Mr. Lorrmier's home?
4. What does Dalgliesh think of the people in the library?
5. Who is Domenica Schofield?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)