|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Hanged by the Neck, Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens two months prior to Dr. Lorrimer's death?
(a) His affair with Domenica ends.
(b) It is when Domenica flirts with Dr. Lorrimer to unsuccessfully seduce him.
(c) He travels to Ireland with Domenica.
(d) He ends an affair with Brenda Pridmore.
2. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
(b) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(c) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
(d) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
3. Who lives at Sprogg's Cottage?
(a) Director Howarth.
(b) Brenda Pridmore and her parents.
(c) Angela Foley and Stella Mawson.
(d) Dr. Kerrison and his family.
4. What is the major line of questioning Dalgliesh takes with Middlemass?
(a) About the fight between Dr. Lorrimer and Middlemass.
(b) How Middlemass logs in documents he is assessing.
(c) What interaction there is between Dr. Lorrimer's staff and
(d) How Middlemass logs in people who come and go from his office.
5. About what is Massingham happy when they land?
(a) To be off the helicopter.
(b) The country air and taking on a murder investigation.
(c) To be working with the famed Adam Dalgliesh.
(d) Nothing in particular.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howarth think to himself about Lorrimer as they are wrapping up the crime scene?
2. How does the rector's wife describe Mr. Lorrimer and his son?
3. What action is Cliff considering?
4. What do the detectives do immediately?
5. Whose letters do the detectives find in a locked drawer in Dr. Lorrimer's room?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)