|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Death in a White Coat, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Howarth relieved?
(a) That his wife is returning the next day.
(b) That he has made a good start in his new job.
(c) That his daughter is leaving to go back to boarding school.
(d) That he made it through the autopsy without embarrassing himself.
2. Who from Scotland Yard is assigned to come to Chevisham to investigate a murder?
(a) No one; it is not their jurisdiction.
(b) Adam Dalgliesh and Massingham.
(d) Massingham since Dalgliesh is out of town.
3. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
(b) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(c) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
(d) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
4. How do most of the staff seem to respond to Dr. Lorrimer's murder?
(a) They seem jubilant.
(b) They seem unaffected.
(c) They are horrified.
(d) They are quite distraught.
5. How is the man dressed who was cavorting around on the graves at the village concert?
(a) In a hobbyhorse outfit.
(b) As a dragon.
(c) As a knight.
(d) As a clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
2. Who does Susan think she will talk to for help about Cliff?
3. Who does Dalgliesh first interview in opening his investigation into the murder of Dr. Lorrimer?
4. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
5. What do the men discuss at the murder scene?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)