|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Hanged by the Neck, Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Lorrimer, for what does his son live?
(a) His social activities in London.
(b) His sister.
2. What is the name of Dr. Lorrimer's home?
(a) Coldstone Cottage.
(b) Pastime Cottage.
(c) Cod Cottage.
(d) Postmill Cottage.
3. Who does Dalgliesh meet outside Mr. Lorrmier's home?
(a) Stella Mawson.
(b) Angela Foley.
(c) Dr. Kerrison.
(d) Winifred Swaffield.
4. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
(a) Stay there until that evening.
(b) Write down all their activities for the past 24 hours.
(c) Talk to Howarth who dismisses them one by one.
(d) Read up on investigative law for their particular situation.
5. What does Brenda do before she faints.
(a) Hits Dr. Kerrison.
(b) Calls Dalgliesh on the chapel phone.
(d) Rings the chapel bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stella have that Angela wants her to give the detectives?
2. What is the significance of the mallet being in Dr. Lorrimer's lab?
3. What does Mr. Lorrimer ask when he breaks down emotionally?
4. Who do Dalgliesh and Massingham visit in relation to Doyle?
5. What happens when Brenda is walking home?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)