|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Hanged by the Neck, Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lying open on the table?
(a) Lorrimer's notebook.
(b) A staining solution.
(d) A tube of acid.
2. How does the rector's wife describe Mr. Lorrimer and his son?
(c) Friendly and outgoing.
(d) Hostile and abusive.
3. Why does Angela Foley's grandmother not raise Angela?
(a) The grandmother was mentally incompetent.
(b) The grandmother despised Angela's mother.
(c) The grandmother dies just days after Angela's mother.
(d) The grandmother was too poor.
4. What does Blakelock tell Howarth when he comes back downstairs?
(a) That the cleaning woman is upstairs in a dead faint.
(b) That Dr. Lorrimer is upstairs murdered.
(c) That no one is in the lab but it is unsecured.
(d) That Dr. Kerrison is unconscious upstairs and Lorrimer is dead.
5. What is the most striking thing about Dr. Lorrimer's room?
(a) The fact that there is very little in the room.
(b) A huge chart of the milky way galaxy.
(c) The collection of toy soldiers lining shelves on the wall.
(d) The large number of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lorrimer ask when he breaks down emotionally?
2. Who calls searching for Dr. Lorrimer?
3. Who do Dalgliesh and Massingham visit in relation to Doyle?
4. Who is Alfred Goddard?
5. What is all the staff required to do in the library?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)