Book 1, A Call to Murder, Chapter 1-5
• Dr. Kerrison is summoned to a murder scene and his daughter, Nell, sits on the steps to await his return.
• Nell melts a wax doll that represents Dr. Lorrimer and puts a curse on the man.
• Director Howarth is at the clunch field to observe the activities concerning the murder of a young woman.
• Howarth wishes he were not there and that he had not said he would attend the autopsy in the morning.
• Howarth thinks about his resentment and hatred of Dr. Lorrimer.
• Susan Bradley wakes up to breastfeed her baby and she and her husband Cliff discuss his job.
• Cliff is thinking of resigning and she urges him to rethink the idea.
• Susan Bradley decided to call Paul Middlemass and ask him to intervene between Lorrimer and Cliff.
• Brenda Pridmore is having breakfast with her parents and enthusiastically discussing...
This section contains 1,782 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)