|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has jurisdiction at the Office Depot Center?
2. Why is there blood smeared on the ice in Chapter 21?
3. Who drives the Zamboni for the morning skate?
4. The last time Dexter was in the storage container, who was he looking for?
5. How many heads are at the crime scene in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Deborah think the bodies of the three heads might be? Does Dexter agree with Deborah's hypothesis? Explain.
2. Who is the first person Dexter ever killed? How old was he at the time? Who choose Dexter's first victim? Explain.
3. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
4. When was the last time Dexter was inside the storage container? How did this event effect Dexter?
5. Who is the Tamiami Trail Killer? How is he related to Dexter? What information does the Tamiami Trail Killer reveal to Dexter to prove his relation to him?
6. What does Brian want Dexter to do with him? Does Dexter abide by Brian's request? Explain. Who does Dexter and Brian kill?
7. What three gifts does the Tamiami Trail Killer leave behind? What do these three gifts represent?
8. How does the Metro-Dade police react to the crime scene in Chapter 20. How is this different from their usual response to crime scenes? How Does Dexter respond to the crime scene?
9. Describe the new gift Dexter finds in his car in Chapter 24. What clue does this gift reveal to Dexter?
10. Who does Dexter find inside the storage container? Who does Dexter hypothesize put Deborah in the storage container? Is his hypothesis correct? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relevance of the setting of Miami to the plot of the novel. Why is the setting important to the understanding of Darkly Dreaming Dexter?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of politicking in the police force. Analyze how the author uses literary elements to explore this issue and explain how the issue contributes to the meaning of the work, include the effect it has on the characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Jeff Lindsay's use of personification throughout the text. Use specific examples from Darkly Dreaming Dexter to support your answer.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)