|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reprimands LaGuerta for speaking to the media?
2. The arms and legs found at the ice rink spelled out ______.
3. Dexter says all of the following women were all apparently unable to exist without him, except for who?
4. The FDLE is a sort of state-level ______.
5. In Chapter 24, Deborah signed out of work to go to ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of Dexter's latest kill in Chapter 14? What crime did this person commit? How does Dexter's victim feel about the crime he has committed?
2. Who asks Dexter for help in solving the Jaworski case? Why does this person turn to Dexter?
3. Where does Deborah think the bodies of the three heads might be? Does Dexter agree with Deborah's hypothesis? Explain.
4. What does Dexter find at the docks? How do these objects fit the killer's need for tight, enclosed spaces?
5. What two conclusions does Dexter come to when thinking about the Jaworski murder case?
6. How does Dexter feel about people at the Metro-Dade police force saying he has a feeling for serial homicide? Explain.
7. What souvenir does Dexter collect from his victims? Whom does Dexter not get a souvenir from? How does he go about retrieving his souvenir?
8. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
9. Why is LaGuerta angry with Deborah in Chapter 22? How does LaGuerta take out her frustrations on Deborah?
10. What does the security camera capture that surprises both Deborah and Dexter? How does Deborah respond to this surprise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Distinguish the character of Brian to that of Dexter. Explain their similarities and differences as detailed in the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of politicking in the police force. Analyze how the author uses literary elements to explore this issue and explain how the issue contributes to the meaning of the work, include the effect it has on the characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the title Darkly Dreaming Dexter and analyze how it is developed throughout the novel.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)