|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "but then you push me on the floor like I'm some kind of pig, and I wonder what's wrong with me?"
2. What type of girls does Jamie kill?
3. Dexter begins to think that ______ is the Tamiami Trail killer.
4. How old was Dexter when his biological mother died?
5. Where does the Tamiami Trail killer leave the bodies in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Tamiami Trail Killer? How is he related to Dexter? What information does the Tamiami Trail Killer reveal to Dexter to prove his relation to him?
2. What does Dexter find at the docks? How do these objects fit the killer's need for tight, enclosed spaces?
3. Where does the bodies of the three heads turn up? Who finds the bodies? What is unique about the way the killer arranged the limbs?
4. When was the last time Dexter was inside the storage container? How did this event effect Dexter?
5. Who asks Dexter for help in solving the Jaworski case? Why does this person turn to Dexter?
6. Who follows Dexter to the docks? Why does this person follow him? Who warned this person of Dexter's illicit behavior?
7. Describe the dream Dexter has in Chapter 19. What does this dream foreshadow?
8. Who does LaGuerta invite to the crime scene in Chapter 20? What does she tell these people? What is the result of her invitation?
9. Where does Deborah think the bodies of the three heads might be? Does Dexter agree with Deborah's hypothesis? Explain.
10. Why is LaGuerta angry with Deborah in Chapter 22? How does LaGuerta take out her frustrations on Deborah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Jeff Lindsay's use of personification throughout the text. Use specific examples from Darkly Dreaming Dexter to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the title Darkly Dreaming Dexter and analyze how it is developed throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In a critical essay, analyze the main conflict in Darkly Dreaming Dexter and discuss the moral and ethical implications for both Dexter and the society in which he lives.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)