|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dexter go into Jamie's evidence box?
2. The statement, "and there I was out over the city like a boneless bird, flowing and swift and the cold air moved around me..." comes from where?
3. Dexter says all of the following women were all apparently unable to exist without him, except for who?
4. Who has jurisdiction at the Office Depot Center?
5. When asked, "wha' kinda cop you are, ha?" Dexter replies, "I'm a ______."
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character found in Darkly Dreaming Dexter that can be considered morally ambiguous, behavior which discourages readers from identifying them as purely evil or purely good. Explain how the character can be viewed as morally ambiguous and why his or her moral ambiguity is significant to the work.
Essay Topic 2
In a detailed essay, explain how the Dark Passenger affects and relates to Dexter. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a scene from Darkly Dreaming Dexter in which some of the most significant events are mental or psychological, such as an awakening, discovery, or change in consciousness. In a well-organized essay, describe how the author manages to give these internal events the sense of excitement, suspense and climax usually associated with external action.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)