Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Harry to die?
2. How old was Dexter when his biological mother died?
3. What type of girls does Jamie kill?
4. All of the following items are found in or around the heads in Chapter 19, except for which item?
5. When asked by Deborah, "is that you?" regarding the image on the security video, Dexter replies ________.
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the first chapter of Darkly Dreaming Dexter introduces the major theme of the piece. Use specific details from the first chapter to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character found in Darkly Dreaming Dexter that can be considered morally ambiguous, behavior which discourages readers from identifying them as purely evil or purely good. Explain how the character can be viewed as morally ambiguous and why his or her moral ambiguity is significant to the work.
Essay Topic 3
Select a scene from the novel that you find most memorable. Write an essay in which you identify the scene, explain its relationship to the work and analyze the reasons for its effectiveness.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)