Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Harry to die?
2. How old was Dexter when his biological mother died?
3. What type of girls does Jamie kill?
4. All of the following items are found in or around the heads in Chapter 19, except for which item?
5. When asked by Deborah, "is that you?" regarding the image on the security video, Dexter replies ________.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of politicking in the police force. Analyze how the author uses literary elements to explore this issue and explain how the issue contributes to the meaning of the work, include the effect it has on the characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relevance of the setting of Miami to the plot of the novel. Why is the setting important to the understanding of Darkly Dreaming Dexter?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel in which a character's success in achieving goals depends on keeping a secret and divulging it only at the right moment. Briefly explain the necessity for secrecy and how the character's choice to reveal or keep the secret affects the plot and contributes to the meaning of the work as a whole.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)