|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Dexter say a bottle of Luminol cost?
2. Who says, "you're different, Dexter. But you can learn to control that difference and use it constructively"?
3. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
4. What is cell crystallization?
5. Who is handling the murder case in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
2. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
3. What are the priest's final words? Why do you think he says this?
4. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
5. What object is sitting on top of the package of body parts found in the goalie's net at the ice rink? Who is the object left for? Why?
6. How does Dexter know someone has been inside his home? What is damaged or missing inside Dexter's home?
7. What question does Dexter say is the key to thinking about the killer? How would Dexter have done things different had he committed these murders?
8. Who is Dexter Morgan? Who is his father and what was his occupation? Describe the relationship Dexter has with his father.
9. Who says, "I am a very neat monster"? What is this character referring to?
10. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of politicking in the police force. Analyze how the author uses literary elements to explore this issue and explain how the issue contributes to the meaning of the work, include the effect it has on the characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the title Darkly Dreaming Dexter and analyze how it is developed throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how a stereotyped character or characters in Darkly Dreaming Dexter function to achieve the author's purpose of the novel.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)