|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Deborah says people destroy the refrigerated trucks for what reason?
2. According to Deborah, in the last month ______ refrigerated trucks have been reported stolen.
3. What does Dexter find attached to his refrigerator?
4. What object does Angel hold up at the end of Chapter 10?
5. What type of souvenir from his victims does Dexter keep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
2. How does Dexter know someone has been inside his home? What is damaged or missing inside Dexter's home?
3. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
4. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
5. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
6. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
7. Who says, "I am a very neat monster"? What is this character referring to?
8. Who is Detective LaGuerta? Do the other characters in the novel respect Detective LaGuerta? What is her relationship with Dexter like?
9. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
10. Who was first aware of Dexter's dark secret? What did this person advise Dexter to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the major similarities and differences in a sequence of parallel or recurring events in Darkly Dreaming Dexter.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze at least three examples of symbolism found within Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Cite your references.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how a stereotyped character or characters in Darkly Dreaming Dexter function to achieve the author's purpose of the novel.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)