|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dexter think Rita wants him to come over in Chapter 15?
(a) So they can make up.
(b) So she can break up with him.
(c) So she can vent.
(d) So they can watch a movie.
2. Who says, "human beings are so resilient, aren't they"?
3. In Chapter 25, Dexter says he felt like ______'s poster child, and he wanted to go home and go to bed.
(b) Francis Bacon.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
4. Who is Deborah referring to when she says, "maybe about fashion. She dresses really nice"?
5. Why is there blood smeared on the ice in Chapter 21?
(a) Dexter smeared his victim's blood on the ice.
(b) Steban fell on the ice.
(c) LaGuerta is shot on the ice.
(d) The killer left it for Dexter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dexter say was really terrible at screaming?
2. In Chapter 23, who says, "no one will blame you" in regard to the image on the security video?
3. Where does the FDLE have jurisdiction?
4. In Chapter 20, LaGuerta tells ______ that the decapitated heads are the work of a new killer.
5. What does Deborah and Dexter find in the goalie's net in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is LaGuerta angry with Deborah in Chapter 22? How does LaGuerta take out her frustrations on Deborah?
2. What does Brian want Dexter to do with him? Does Dexter abide by Brian's request? Explain. Who does Dexter and Brian kill?
3. Where does Dexter go after he is nearly caught cutting up his victim? What happens at this location?
4. Who asks Dexter for help in solving the Jaworski case? Why does this person turn to Dexter?
5. Who is the first person Deborah and Dexter interview at the ice rink? What information does this person reveal to them? Why is this information important to the crime scene?
6. Describe Dexter's first experience with the Dark Passenger.
7. What does the security camera capture that surprises both Deborah and Dexter? How does Deborah respond to this surprise?
8. Describe the new gift Dexter finds in his car in Chapter 24. What clue does this gift reveal to Dexter?
9. Who does Dexter find inside the storage container? Who does Dexter hypothesize put Deborah in the storage container? Is his hypothesis correct? Explain.
10. What two conclusions does Dexter come to when thinking about the Jaworski murder case?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)