|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter says that ______ is a place where family mattered and obligations were as real as headless hookers.
(a) Dino Land.
(b) Disney Land.
(c) Adventure Land.
(d) Harry Land.
2. How old was Dexter when his biological mother died?
3. In context, who is "we" referring to in Chapter 14?
(a) Dexter and LaGuerta.
(b) Dexter and Jamie.
(c) Dexter and Deborah.
(d) Dexter and the Dark Passenger.
4. By what name does Dexter call the killer?
5. According to Deborah, what would Harry do if he saw the image on the security video?
(a) Destroy the video.
(b) Put Dexter in a mental institution.
(c) Turn Dexter into the police.
(d) Encourage Dexter to runaway.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked by Deborah, "is that you?" regarding the image on the security video, Dexter replies ________.
2. Who calls Dexter looking for Deborah?
3. Who says, "human beings are so resilient, aren't they"?
4. How many heads are at the crime scene in Chapter 19?
5. Who is Deborah referring to when she says, "maybe about fashion. She dresses really nice"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What souvenir does Dexter collect from his victims? Whom does Dexter not get a souvenir from? How does he go about retrieving his souvenir?
2. Who calls Dexter in the beginning of Chapter 24? Why is this person calling? What conclusion does Dexter come to with this phone call?
3. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
4. Who does LaGuerta invite to the crime scene in Chapter 20? What does she tell these people? What is the result of her invitation?
5. What three gifts does the Tamiami Trail Killer leave behind? What do these three gifts represent?
6. Why is LaGuerta angry with Deborah in Chapter 22? How does LaGuerta take out her frustrations on Deborah?
7. Who does Dexter find inside the storage container? Who does Dexter hypothesize put Deborah in the storage container? Is his hypothesis correct? Explain.
8. Where does the bodies of the three heads turn up? Who finds the bodies? What is unique about the way the killer arranged the limbs?
9. Where does Deborah think the bodies of the three heads might be? Does Dexter agree with Deborah's hypothesis? Explain.
10. How does the Metro-Dade police react to the crime scene in Chapter 20. How is this different from their usual response to crime scenes? How Does Dexter respond to the crime scene?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)