|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter says all of the following women were all apparently unable to exist without him, except for who?
2. All of the following are Harry's Way of killing, except for which one?
(a) Be careful.
(b) Be safe.
(c) Be impulsive.
(d) Be prepared.
3. Who has jurisdiction at the Office Depot Center?
(a) Hillsborough county.
(b) Broward county.
(c) Dade county.
(d) Pasco county.
4. According to Harry, the Last Nurse kills by ______ her patients.
5. The statement, "and there I was out over the city like a boneless bird, flowing and swift and the cold air moved around me..." comes from where?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Dexter's dream.
(d) Nicholas Sparks.
Short Answer Questions
1. By ______ Deborah says she will come back to get Dexter in Chapter 23.
2. In Dexter's childhood memory, he is sitting in a pool of ______.
3. Dexter says, "I know it is a nearly human weakness, and it may be no more than ordinary sentimentality, but I have always loved ______."
4. The Morgan's have been going to Cafe Relampago since ______.
5. In context, who is "we" referring to in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Dexter go after he is nearly caught cutting up his victim? What happens at this location?
2. Describe the new gift Dexter finds in his car in Chapter 24. What clue does this gift reveal to Dexter?
3. Who follows Dexter to the docks? Why does this person follow him? Who warned this person of Dexter's illicit behavior?
4. What does Brian want Dexter to do with him? Does Dexter abide by Brian's request? Explain. Who does Dexter and Brian kill?
5. Who asks Dexter for help in solving the Jaworski case? Why does this person turn to Dexter?
6. Describe the dream Dexter has in Chapter 19. What does this dream foreshadow?
7. Who is the first person Deborah and Dexter interview at the ice rink? What information does this person reveal to them? Why is this information important to the crime scene?
8. Who is the first person Dexter ever killed? How old was he at the time? Who choose Dexter's first victim? Explain.
9. Where does the bodies of the three heads turn up? Who finds the bodies? What is unique about the way the killer arranged the limbs?
10. What two conclusions does Dexter come to when thinking about the Jaworski murder case?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)