|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the killer, who else had asked Dexter, "what do you remember from before?"
2. The statement, "and there I was out over the city like a boneless bird, flowing and swift and the cold air moved around me..." comes from where?
(a) Nicholas Sparks.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Dexter's dream.
3. What is Deborah's nickname for Dexter?
4. Who kills LaGuerta?
5. Dexter begins to think that ______ is the Tamiami Trail killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following items are found in or around the heads in Chapter 19, except for which item?
2. According to LaGuerta, who wants to kill Dexter?
3. At what time does Dexter suggest Deborah begin reviewing the security tape?
4. Dexter tells LaGuerta, "all of McHale's victims were off ______.
5. In Dexter's childhood memory, he is sitting in a pool of ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why there is a battle for jurisdiction at the crime scene. Who is the battle between? Who ultimately wins the battle?
2. Where does Dexter go after he is nearly caught cutting up his victim? What happens at this location?
3. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
4. Where does the bodies of the three heads turn up? Who finds the bodies? What is unique about the way the killer arranged the limbs?
5. Who is the first person Dexter ever killed? How old was he at the time? Who choose Dexter's first victim? Explain.
6. When was the last time Dexter was inside the storage container? How did this event effect Dexter?
7. Where does Deborah think the bodies of the three heads might be? Does Dexter agree with Deborah's hypothesis? Explain.
8. Why is LaGuerta angry with Deborah in Chapter 22? How does LaGuerta take out her frustrations on Deborah?
9. What souvenir does Dexter collect from his victims? Whom does Dexter not get a souvenir from? How does he go about retrieving his souvenir?
10. Describe the dream Dexter has in Chapter 19. What does this dream foreshadow?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)