|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dexter referring to when he says, "He has Deborah"?
(d) The Tamiami Trail killer.
2. ______ is an important moment and a real relief for Dexter and the Dark Passenger.
(a) The climax.
(b) The conclusion.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The hunting.
3. What is Detective LaGuerta's first name?
4. What did Harry keep saying no to on his death bed?
(b) He didn't want to see his family.
(c) A shot.
(d) He didn't want to eat.
5. Who is Dexter's first human victim?
(a) Harry's nurse.
(c) His mom.
(d) Father Donovan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter says all of the following women were all apparently unable to exist without him, except for who?
2. Dexter observes Brian reaching into a carton and pulling out a handful of ______ with a springing panther on them.
3. How many girls does Jamie confess to taking?
4. ______ knows Dexter's dark secret.
5. In Chapter 23, who says, "no one will blame you" in regard to the image on the security video?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the new gift Dexter finds in his car in Chapter 24. What clue does this gift reveal to Dexter?
2. Who asks Dexter for help in solving the Jaworski case? Why does this person turn to Dexter?
3. Explain why there is a battle for jurisdiction at the crime scene. Who is the battle between? Who ultimately wins the battle?
4. What souvenir does Dexter collect from his victims? Whom does Dexter not get a souvenir from? How does he go about retrieving his souvenir?
5. How does the Metro-Dade police react to the crime scene in Chapter 20. How is this different from their usual response to crime scenes? How Does Dexter respond to the crime scene?
6. Where does Deborah think the bodies of the three heads might be? Does Dexter agree with Deborah's hypothesis? Explain.
7. Who does LaGuerta invite to the crime scene in Chapter 20? What does she tell these people? What is the result of her invitation?
8. Who does Dexter find inside the storage container? Who does Dexter hypothesize put Deborah in the storage container? Is his hypothesis correct? Explain.
9. How does Dexter feel about people at the Metro-Dade police force saying he has a feeling for serial homicide? Explain.
10. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)