|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last time Dexter was in the storage container, who was he looking for?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
2. Dexter did not collect blood from ______.
(a) Father Donovan.
3. In Chapter 15, how does Dexter know there is a security guard outside where he is working?
(a) He hears the guard cough.
(b) He hears the guard's radio.
(c) He sees the guard enter the room.
(d) He hears the guard's car.
4. At what time does Dexter suggest Deborah begin reviewing the security tape?
(a) 12 pm.
(b) 12 am.
(c) 8 pm.
(d) 3 pm.
5. Who is Dexter's first human victim?
(a) Harry's nurse.
(b) Father Donovan.
(c) His mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Harry, the Last Nurse kills by ______ her patients.
2. In context, who is "we" referring to in Chapter 14?
3. Who does the man in the security video resemble?
4. What is Detective LaGuerta's first name?
5. How many girls does Jamie confess to taking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who follows Dexter to the docks? Why does this person follow him? Who warned this person of Dexter's illicit behavior?
2. Where does Dexter go after he is nearly caught cutting up his victim? What happens at this location?
3. Explain why there is a battle for jurisdiction at the crime scene. Who is the battle between? Who ultimately wins the battle?
4. Who is the first person Deborah and Dexter interview at the ice rink? What information does this person reveal to them? Why is this information important to the crime scene?
5. Why is LaGuerta angry with Deborah in Chapter 22? How does LaGuerta take out her frustrations on Deborah?
6. Describe the dream Dexter has in Chapter 19. What does this dream foreshadow?
7. Who calls Dexter in the beginning of Chapter 24? Why is this person calling? What conclusion does Dexter come to with this phone call?
8. Who interrupts Dexter's killing process in Chapter 15? How is Dexter aware of this person? How does Dexter handle this interruption?
9. What does Dexter find at the docks? How do these objects fit the killer's need for tight, enclosed spaces?
10. Who asks Dexter for help in solving the Jaworski case? Why does this person turn to Dexter?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)