|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to LaGuerta, who wants to kill Dexter?
2. Who calls Dexter looking for Deborah?
3. How long did it take Harry to die?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Three days.
(c) Fifty-seven years.
(d) Two minutes.
4. In context, who is "we" referring to in Chapter 14?
(a) Dexter and the Dark Passenger.
(b) Dexter and Deborah.
(c) Dexter and Jamie.
(d) Dexter and LaGuerta.
5. ______ is an important moment and a real relief for Dexter and the Dark Passenger.
(a) The climax.
(b) The conclusion.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter observes Brian reaching into a carton and pulling out a handful of ______ with a springing panther on them.
2. Brian is all of the following except for which?
3. Who kills LaGuerta?
4. At the end of the novel, Dexter says he is going to call on ______ at the next full moon.
5. Eric the ______ is a strange and respected columnist from the newspaper.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does LaGuerta invite to the crime scene in Chapter 20? What does she tell these people? What is the result of her invitation?
2. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
3. Where does the bodies of the three heads turn up? Who finds the bodies? What is unique about the way the killer arranged the limbs?
4. Who follows Dexter to the docks? Why does this person follow him? Who warned this person of Dexter's illicit behavior?
5. Describe the dream Dexter has in Chapter 19. What does this dream foreshadow?
6. Where does Dexter go after he is nearly caught cutting up his victim? What happens at this location?
7. Who interrupts Dexter's killing process in Chapter 15? How is Dexter aware of this person? How does Dexter handle this interruption?
8. Who calls Dexter in the beginning of Chapter 24? Why is this person calling? What conclusion does Dexter come to with this phone call?
9. Explain why there is a battle for jurisdiction at the crime scene. Who is the battle between? Who ultimately wins the battle?
10. What is the name of Dexter's latest kill in Chapter 14? What crime did this person commit? How does Dexter's victim feel about the crime he has committed?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)