|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reprimands LaGuerta for speaking to the media?
(c) Captain Matthews.
(d) Sergeant Doakes.
2. ______ knows Dexter's dark secret.
(b) Sergeant Doakes.
3. Who is a part-time janitor at Ponce de Leon Junior High School?
(a) Jamie Jaminson.
(b) Jamie Jillian.
(c) Jamie Jinkins.
(d) Jamie Jaworski.
4. Dexter observes Brian reaching into a carton and pulling out a handful of ______ with a springing panther on them.
5. Dexter says that ______ is a place where family mattered and obligations were as real as headless hookers.
(a) Adventure Land.
(b) Disney Land.
(c) Dino Land.
(d) Harry Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Deborah suggest the Tamiami Trail killer has the bodies?
2. According to LaGuerta, who wants to kill Dexter?
3. Dexter was ______ when Deborah disappeared.
4. The statement, "and there I was out over the city like a boneless bird, flowing and swift and the cold air moved around me..." comes from where?
5. At the end of the novel, Dexter says he is going to call on ______ at the next full moon.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of Dexter's latest kill in Chapter 14? What crime did this person commit? How does Dexter's victim feel about the crime he has committed?
2. Who is the Tamiami Trail Killer? How is he related to Dexter? What information does the Tamiami Trail Killer reveal to Dexter to prove his relation to him?
3. Who follows Dexter to the docks? Why does this person follow him? Who warned this person of Dexter's illicit behavior?
4. Who asks Dexter for help in solving the Jaworski case? Why does this person turn to Dexter?
5. When was the last time Dexter was inside the storage container? How did this event effect Dexter?
6. Who interrupts Dexter's killing process in Chapter 15? How is Dexter aware of this person? How does Dexter handle this interruption?
7. Who is the first person Dexter ever killed? How old was he at the time? Who choose Dexter's first victim? Explain.
8. Who does Dexter find inside the storage container? Who does Dexter hypothesize put Deborah in the storage container? Is his hypothesis correct? Explain.
9. Describe the new gift Dexter finds in his car in Chapter 24. What clue does this gift reveal to Dexter?
10. Describe the dream Dexter has in Chapter 19. What does this dream foreshadow?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)