|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ had once taken Dexter to a New Age Health Awareness Workshop which had stressed the importance of deep cleansing breaths.
2. How old was Dexter when his biological mother died?
3. Besides the killer, who else had asked Dexter, "what do you remember from before?"
4. In context, who is "we" referring to in Chapter 14?
(a) Dexter and LaGuerta.
(b) Dexter and Jamie.
(c) Dexter and Deborah.
(d) Dexter and the Dark Passenger.
5. At the end of the novel, Dexter says he is going to call on ______ at the next full moon.
(c) Sergeant Doakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one view on Kathouse.com?
2. The statement, "and there I was out over the city like a boneless bird, flowing and swift and the cold air moved around me..." comes from where?
3. Who reprimands LaGuerta for speaking to the media?
4. Dexter begins to think that ______ is the Tamiami Trail killer.
5. Who kills LaGuerta?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the last time Dexter was inside the storage container? How did this event effect Dexter?
2. What does Dexter find at the docks? How do these objects fit the killer's need for tight, enclosed spaces?
3. What does the security camera capture that surprises both Deborah and Dexter? How does Deborah respond to this surprise?
4. Who is the first person Deborah and Dexter interview at the ice rink? What information does this person reveal to them? Why is this information important to the crime scene?
5. Where does Deborah think the bodies of the three heads might be? Does Dexter agree with Deborah's hypothesis? Explain.
6. Describe the new gift Dexter finds in his car in Chapter 24. What clue does this gift reveal to Dexter?
7. Who is the first person Dexter ever killed? How old was he at the time? Who choose Dexter's first victim? Explain.
8. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
9. How does the Metro-Dade police react to the crime scene in Chapter 20. How is this different from their usual response to crime scenes? How Does Dexter respond to the crime scene?
10. Who is the Tamiami Trail Killer? How is he related to Dexter? What information does the Tamiami Trail Killer reveal to Dexter to prove his relation to him?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)