|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
(a) A pistol.
(b) An axe.
(c) A chainsaw.
(d) A rock.
2. What is Dexter's profession?
(b) Homicide Detective.
(c) Security guard.
(d) Blood spatter analyst.
3. What is cell crystallization?
(a) Cells that crystallize from cold.
(b) Cells that crystallize from water.
(c) Cells that crystallize from heat.
(d) Cells that crystallize from salt.
4. How many slides with dry drops of blood does Dexter have in Chapter 2?
5. Dexter says that as a rule he does not remember ______.
(a) His victim's phone number.
(b) His victim's name.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His victim's address.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator explains how he secures the priest to the table with ______.
2. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
3. Who is the narrator waiting and watching for in Chapter 1?
4. Dexter gives ______ the creeps.
5. According to Dexter, why did the murder suspect not finish cutting his latest victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
2. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
3. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
4. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
5. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
6. Whose point of view the story is told from? How is this point of view useful in understanding the overall meaning of the novel?
7. Why are Dexter's co-workers surprised to see him at the crime scene in the beginning of the novel? What is Dexter's reaction to this news? Explain.
8. How does Dexter feel about killing and in what way does killing satisfy Dexter? How does killing affect his "dark schemata"?
9. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
10. What object is sitting on top of the package of body parts found in the goalie's net at the ice rink? Who is the object left for? Why?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)