|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The speed limit on Biscayne Boulevard is ______.
(a) 45 mph.
(b) 60 mph.
(c) 35 mph.
(d) 15 mph.
2. What language does Dexter say seems to be a race against an invisible stopwatch and to get out as much as possible in three-second bursts without using any consonants?
(a) Trade Winds Spanish.
(c) Italian Spanish.
(d) Cuban Spanish.
3. Who says, "I guess it's possible to miss a lot of obvious things, Detective"?
4. Who finds the refrigerated truck used to transport the decapitated bodies in Chapter 11?
5. What is the narrator wearing over his face when hunting his victim in Chapter 1?
(a) A while silk mask.
(b) A pair of nylon pantyhose.
(c) A black ski mask.
(d) A Halloween mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suspects there is something up with Dexter?
2. Metro-Dade has a policy of pulling the homicide team together approximately _____ after a murder.
3. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
4. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
5. What type of vehicle does Dexter suggest the murder suspect uses to transport the bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dexter go out for a drive in the middle of the night? What is he hoping to find?
2. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
3. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
4. What is cell crystallization? How is it relevant to the murder victims?
5. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
6. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
7. What question does Dexter say is the key to thinking about the killer? How would Dexter have done things different had he committed these murders?
8. Who was first aware of Dexter's dark secret? What did this person advise Dexter to do?
9. Who is Dexter Morgan? Who is his father and what was his occupation? Describe the relationship Dexter has with his father.
10. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)