|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Dark Passenger?
(a) Dexter's inner voice.
(b) Father Donovan.
(c) The Tamiami Trail killer.
(d) Dexter's dad.
2. What object does Angel hold up at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A side-view mirror.
(b) A rear-view mirror.
(c) A red shoe.
(d) A barbie doll.
3. All of the following is true about Deborah, except for what?
(a) Her father was a cop.
(b) She is a cop.
(c) She is adopted.
(d) She is Dexter's foster sister.
4. The speed limit on Biscayne Boulevard is ______.
(a) 35 mph.
(b) 45 mph.
(c) 15 mph.
(d) 60 mph.
5. In Chapter 3, who finds the murder victim?
(a) A pharmacist.
(b) A veterinarian.
(c) A restaurant worker.
(d) A construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
2. What is the tattoo of on the ankle of the murder victim in Chapter 3?
3. Rita is all of the following except which one?
4. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
5. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is cell crystallization? How is it relevant to the murder victims?
2. What is the name of the suspect arrested in the Tamiami Trail murder case? What makes this person a potential suspect?
3. What are the priest's final words? Why do you think he says this?
4. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
5. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
6. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
7. Who says, "I am a very neat monster"? What is this character referring to?
8. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
9. Dexter states that he has a small reputation for hunches, what does he mean? Why is he capable of having such hunches?
10. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)