|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following is true about Deborah, except for what?
(a) She is adopted.
(b) She is Dexter's foster sister.
(c) She is a cop.
(d) Her father was a cop.
2. The speed limit on Biscayne Boulevard is ______.
(a) 15 mph.
(b) 35 mph.
(c) 45 mph.
(d) 60 mph.
3. LaGuerta asks Dexter ______ times if he had seen the driver of the refrigerated truck.
4. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail case?
5. Deborah says people destroy the refrigerated trucks for what reason?
(a) Insurance money.
(b) To hide their drugs.
(c) For fun.
(d) To hide evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter says that he has a small reputation for ______.
2. How many slides with dry drops of blood does Dexter have in Chapter 2?
3. What is the narrator's foster father's name?
4. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
5. What language does Dexter say seems to be a race against an invisible stopwatch and to get out as much as possible in three-second bursts without using any consonants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dexter go out for a drive in the middle of the night? What is he hoping to find?
2. Describe in detail the process by which Dexter captures his first victim of the novel. Where does he take his victim?
3. What question does Dexter say is the key to thinking about the killer? How would Dexter have done things different had he committed these murders?
4. Who was first aware of Dexter's dark secret? What did this person advise Dexter to do?
5. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
6. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
7. What is cell crystallization? How is it relevant to the murder victims?
8. After much consideration, what is Dexter's hypothesis of the Tamiami Trail Killer's reason for not finishing the cutting of his victim? To whom does he tell his hypothesis to? Does Dexter think the Tamiami Trail Killer will kill again? Explain.
9. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
10. What gift does the intruder leave Dexter? What is symbolic of this gift?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)