Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "That Stanley Cup year, every time the Panthers scored the fans threw three or four thousand ______ onto the rink.
(a) Plastic rats.
(b) Plastic roses.
(c) Plastic cups.
(d) Plastic panthers.
2. Who encourages Dexter to kill people who deserve it?
(b) Father Donovan.
3. What is the narrator wearing over his face when hunting his victim in Chapter 1?
(a) A while silk mask.
(b) A Halloween mask.
(c) A black ski mask.
(d) A pair of nylon pantyhose.
4. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The crime scene photos.
(b) The rear-view mirror.
(c) The decapitated head.
(d) The refrigerated truck.
5. Who confesses to being the Tamiami Trail killer?
(a) Earl McHale.
(b) Carlile Valentine.
(d) Charley Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who is in charge during the Metro police meeting?
2. In Chapter 9, why is Dexter driving in the middle of the night?
3. Where is the decapitated body found in Chapter 10?
4. Father Donovan notices ______ small mounds of earth in the garden.
5. Dexter says that ______ are important to him.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was first aware of Dexter's dark secret? What did this person advise Dexter to do?
2. When was the last time Dexter was inside the storage container? How did this event effect Dexter?
3. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
4. Who is Detective LaGuerta? Do the other characters in the novel respect Detective LaGuerta? What is her relationship with Dexter like?
5. Who calls Dexter in the beginning of Chapter 24? Why is this person calling? What conclusion does Dexter come to with this phone call?
6. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
7. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
8. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
9. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
10. What two conclusions does Dexter come to when thinking about the Jaworski murder case?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)