|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rita is all of the following except which one?
(a) Dexter's girlfriend.
(b) A divorcee.
(c) A mother.
(d) A journalist.
2. Who is handling the murder case in Chapter 2?
3. What object does Angel hold up at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A barbie doll.
(b) A side-view mirror.
(c) A red shoe.
(d) A rear-view mirror.
4. Who determines that there is a witness to the crime at the Cacique Motel?
5. In Chapter 8, who is in charge during the Metro police meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deborah, in the last month ______ refrigerated trucks have been reported stolen.
2. What does the narrator stick in Father Donovan's neck?
3. Dexter says that he has a small reputation for ______.
4. How much does Dexter say a bottle of Luminol cost?
5. Who suspects there is something up with Dexter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three gifts does the Tamiami Trail Killer leave behind? What do these three gifts represent?
2. Who follows Dexter to the docks? Why does this person follow him? Who warned this person of Dexter's illicit behavior?
3. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
4. Who is Dexter Morgan? Who is his father and what was his occupation? Describe the relationship Dexter has with his father.
5. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
6. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
7. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
8. Describe Dexter's first experience with the Dark Passenger.
9. Who does Dexter kill in the beginning of the novel? Why does Dexter kill this person?
10. Who asks Dexter for help in solving the Jaworski case? Why does this person turn to Dexter?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)