|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I heard you were here and couldn't stay away. Please, Detective, when will you marry me?"
2. Who determines that there is a witness to the crime at the Cacique Motel?
3. Who confesses to being the Tamiami Trail killer?
(a) Earl McHale.
(b) Carlile Valentine.
(c) Charley Walker.
4. Where is the decapitated body found in Chapter 10?
(a) In Dexter's house.
(b) In the refrigerated truck.
(c) In the dumpster.
(d) In the goalie's net.
5. What is the narrator's foster father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter reveals in Chapter 4 that the one big clue of the day was the ______.
2. Who is the Dark Passenger?
3. After killing Father Donovan, Dexter states that the Code of _____ was satisfied.
4. Dexter refers to thugs, robbers, and crackheads as ______.
5. The speed limit on Biscayne Boulevard is ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Deborah and Detective LaGuerta? How does LaGuerta display her dislike in Deborah?
2. Describe in detail the process by which Dexter captures his first victim of the novel. Where does he take his victim?
3. Who is Dexter Morgan? Who is his father and what was his occupation? Describe the relationship Dexter has with his father.
4. Who is Detective LaGuerta? Do the other characters in the novel respect Detective LaGuerta? What is her relationship with Dexter like?
5. Who says, "I am a very neat monster"? What is this character referring to?
6. After much consideration, what is Dexter's hypothesis of the Tamiami Trail Killer's reason for not finishing the cutting of his victim? To whom does he tell his hypothesis to? Does Dexter think the Tamiami Trail Killer will kill again? Explain.
7. What is cell crystallization? How is it relevant to the murder victims?
8. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
9. Why are Dexter's co-workers surprised to see him at the crime scene in the beginning of the novel? What is Dexter's reaction to this news? Explain.
10. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)