|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is thrown at Dexter's car?
(a) A woman's head.
(b) A barbie doll.
(c) A bowling ball.
(d) A shoe.
2. Dexter believes the murder suspect ______ a vehicle to transport the bodies.
3. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
(a) The movies.
4. Who confesses to being the Tamiami Trail killer?
(a) Charley Walker.
(b) Earl McHale.
(c) Carlile Valentine.
5. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The crime scene photos.
(b) The rear-view mirror.
(c) The refrigerated truck.
(d) The decapitated head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter gives ______ the creeps.
2. Dexter says that he has a small reputation for ______.
3. What does the narrator use to make a noose for his victim in Chapter 1?
4. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
5. Channel ______ is the channel of choice for people with an eye for carnage.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is cell crystallization? How is it relevant to the murder victims?
2. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
3. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
4. What gift does the intruder leave Dexter? What is symbolic of this gift?
5. Why does Dexter go out for a drive in the middle of the night? What is he hoping to find?
6. Who is Detective LaGuerta? Do the other characters in the novel respect Detective LaGuerta? What is her relationship with Dexter like?
7. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
8. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
9. What question does Dexter say is the key to thinking about the killer? How would Dexter have done things different had he committed these murders?
10. What object is sitting on top of the package of body parts found in the goalie's net at the ice rink? Who is the object left for? Why?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)