|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. LaGuerta asks Dexter ______ times if he had seen the driver of the refrigerated truck.
2. Dexter says that ______ are important to him.
(c) The elderly.
3. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
(a) A mailman.
(b) A cab driver.
(c) A cop.
(d) A janitor.
4. What is unusual about the crime scene in Chapter 2?
(a) There is no blood.
(b) There is no evidence.
(c) There is no skin.
(d) There is no body.
5. Who is the very large black man with an injured air of permanent hostility?
(a) Sergeant Matthews.
(b) Sergeant Doakes.
(c) Sergeant Mitchell.
(d) Sergeant Stokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of souvenir from his victims does Dexter keep?
2. When Dexter was young, who/what did he kill?
3. Dexter realizes that ______ likes him.
4. In what state does the novel take place?
5. In context, the word "artist" in Chapter 10, best means ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who says, "I am a very neat monster"? What is this character referring to?
2. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
3. What is the name of the suspect arrested in the Tamiami Trail murder case? What makes this person a potential suspect?
4. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
5. What does the security camera capture that surprises both Deborah and Dexter? How does Deborah respond to this surprise?
6. Where does Dexter go after he is nearly caught cutting up his victim? What happens at this location?
7. Who follows Dexter to the docks? Why does this person follow him? Who warned this person of Dexter's illicit behavior?
8. Who is Dexter Morgan? Who is his father and what was his occupation? Describe the relationship Dexter has with his father.
9. Dexter states that he has a small reputation for hunches, what does he mean? Why is he capable of having such hunches?
10. Who does LaGuerta invite to the crime scene in Chapter 20? What does she tell these people? What is the result of her invitation?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)