|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In context to Chapter 1, the word "mess" refers to what?
(a) The blood on the walls.
(b) The bodies of the orphaned children.
(c) The dirty laundry on the floor.
(d) The dirty dishes in the sink.
2. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail case?
3. The narrator is wearing all of the following in Chapter 1, except for which?
4. What object is thrown at Dexter's car?
(a) A bowling ball.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A barbie doll.
(d) A woman's head.
5. In context, the word "artist" in Chapter 10, best means ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle does Dexter suggest the murder suspect uses to transport the bodies?
2. When Dexter tells Deborah, "she doesn't like you, and she doesn't want you on her turf" who is he referring to?
3. Metro-Dade has a policy of pulling the homicide team together approximately _____ after a murder.
4. In what state does the novel take place?
5. What are the name of Rita's kids?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the suspect arrested in the Tamiami Trail murder case? What makes this person a potential suspect?
2. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
3. Who does Dexter kill in the beginning of the novel? Why does Dexter kill this person?
4. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
5. What gift does the intruder leave Dexter? What is symbolic of this gift?
6. Describe in detail the process by which Dexter captures his first victim of the novel. Where does he take his victim?
7. Why are Dexter's co-workers surprised to see him at the crime scene in the beginning of the novel? What is Dexter's reaction to this news? Explain.
8. What is the relationship between Deborah and Detective LaGuerta? How does LaGuerta display her dislike in Deborah?
9. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
10. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)