|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
2. What does the narrator stick in Father Donovan's neck?
3. What is the narrator wearing over his face when hunting his victim in Chapter 1?
(a) A black ski mask.
(b) A pair of nylon pantyhose.
(c) A Halloween mask.
(d) A while silk mask.
4. In Chapter 13, Dexter senses ______ was broken into.
(a) His lab.
(b) Deborah's home.
(c) His car.
(d) His home.
5. Where does Deborah and Dexter go to eat breakfast in Chapter 7?
(a) Wolfie's Deli.
(d) Waffle House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the crime scene in Chapter 2?
2. Dexter believes the murder suspect ______ a vehicle to transport the bodies.
3. What is the first word of the novel?
4. In context to Chapter 1, the word "mess" refers to what?
5. In what city do the murders in the novel take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dexter Morgan? Who is his father and what was his occupation? Describe the relationship Dexter has with his father.
2. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
3. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
4. Why does Dexter go out for a drive in the middle of the night? What is he hoping to find?
5. How does Dexter feel about killing and in what way does killing satisfy Dexter? How does killing affect his "dark schemata"?
6. What object is sitting on top of the package of body parts found in the goalie's net at the ice rink? Who is the object left for? Why?
7. Why does Dexter follow the refrigerated truck? What happens after the truck driver realizes that Dexter has been following him?
8. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
9. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
10. How does Dexter know someone has been inside his home? What is damaged or missing inside Dexter's home?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)