|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jackson Pollock?
(a) A famous singer.
(b) A famous athlete.
(c) A famous actor.
(d) A famous painter.
2. Deborah says people destroy the refrigerated trucks for what reason?
(a) For fun.
(b) Insurance money.
(c) To hide evidence.
(d) To hide their drugs.
3. In context, the word "artist" in Chapter 10, best means ______.
4. In Chapter 8, who is in charge during the Metro police meeting?
5. How much does Dexter say a bottle of Luminol cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
2. In Chapter 13, Dexter senses ______ was broken into.
3. LaGuerta asks Dexter ______ times if he had seen the driver of the refrigerated truck.
4. What does the narrator use to make a noose for his victim in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
2. Who is Detective LaGuerta? Do the other characters in the novel respect Detective LaGuerta? What is her relationship with Dexter like?
3. Dexter states that he has a small reputation for hunches, what does he mean? Why is he capable of having such hunches?
4. Why are Dexter's co-workers surprised to see him at the crime scene in the beginning of the novel? What is Dexter's reaction to this news? Explain.
5. Who is Dexter Morgan? Who is his father and what was his occupation? Describe the relationship Dexter has with his father.
6. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
7. Describe in detail the process by which Dexter captures his first victim of the novel. Where does he take his victim?
8. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
9. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
10. Who does Dexter kill in the beginning of the novel? Why does Dexter kill this person?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)