|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dexter dating?
2. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
3. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
(c) Father Donovan.
4. Dexter realizes that ______ likes him.
5. Who is the very large black man with an injured air of permanent hostility?
(a) Sergeant Stokes.
(b) Sergeant Matthews.
(c) Sergeant Mitchell.
(d) Sergeant Doakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Angel hold up at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
3. Dexter explains that "Rita was merely my ______, a silly kid's costume I wore on weekends to hide the fact that I was the kind of person who did the things that this other interesting fellow was now doing and I wasn't."
4. Channel ______ is the channel of choice for people with an eye for carnage.
5. Dexter says that as a rule he does not remember ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does the intruder leave Dexter? What is symbolic of this gift?
2. What three gifts does the Tamiami Trail Killer leave behind? What do these three gifts represent?
3. Describe Dexter's first experience with the Dark Passenger.
4. What is the name of the suspect arrested in the Tamiami Trail murder case? What makes this person a potential suspect?
5. What two conclusions does Dexter come to when thinking about the Jaworski murder case?
6. How does Dexter feel about people at the Metro-Dade police force saying he has a feeling for serial homicide? Explain.
7. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
8. Why is LaGuerta angry with Deborah in Chapter 22? How does LaGuerta take out her frustrations on Deborah?
9. Describe the dream Dexter has in Chapter 19. What does this dream foreshadow?
10. Who calls Dexter in the beginning of Chapter 24? Why is this person calling? What conclusion does Dexter come to with this phone call?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)