|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dexter's profession?
(a) Security guard.
(c) Blood spatter analyst.
(d) Homicide Detective.
2. According to Deborah, in the last month ______ refrigerated trucks have been reported stolen.
3. What type of vehicle passes Dexter, throws an object at his car, and jumps the raising draw bridge?
(a) A limo.
(b) A taxi cab.
(c) An SUV.
(d) A refrigerated truck.
4. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A rock.
(c) An axe.
(d) A chainsaw.
5. What type of souvenir from his victims does Dexter keep?
(a) A picture.
(b) A drop of blood.
(c) A hair sample.
(d) Their wedding ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dexter tells Deborah, "she doesn't like you, and she doesn't want you on her turf" who is he referring to?
2. Dexter says that however coarse and brutal Daryll Earl looked, the real threat to society was ______.
3. Dexter realizes that ______ likes him.
4. Dexter says that as a rule he does not remember ______.
5. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dexter kill in the beginning of the novel? Why does Dexter kill this person?
2. Who is Detective LaGuerta? Do the other characters in the novel respect Detective LaGuerta? What is her relationship with Dexter like?
3. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
4. Whose point of view the story is told from? How is this point of view useful in understanding the overall meaning of the novel?
5. How does Dexter feel about killing and in what way does killing satisfy Dexter? How does killing affect his "dark schemata"?
6. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
7. Who says, "I am a very neat monster"? What is this character referring to?
8. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
9. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
10. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)