|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter explains that "Rita was merely my ______, a silly kid's costume I wore on weekends to hide the fact that I was the kind of person who did the things that this other interesting fellow was now doing and I wasn't."
2. What is cell crystallization?
(a) Cells that crystallize from heat.
(b) Cells that crystallize from water.
(c) Cells that crystallize from salt.
(d) Cells that crystallize from cold.
3. According to Deborah, in the last month ______ refrigerated trucks have been reported stolen.
4. What are the name of Rita's kids?
(a) Cory and Ashley.
(b) Christopher and Allison.
(c) Carl and Abby.
(d) Cody and Astor.
5. How did Dexter's foster mom die?
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is thrown at Dexter's car?
2. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
3. After killing Father Donovan, Dexter states that the Code of _____ was satisfied.
4. Channel ______ is the channel of choice for people with an eye for carnage.
5. What type of souvenir from his victims does Dexter keep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
2. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
3. Describe in detail the process by which Dexter captures his first victim of the novel. Where does he take his victim?
4. Why does Dexter go out for a drive in the middle of the night? What is he hoping to find?
5. How does Dexter know someone has been inside his home? What is damaged or missing inside Dexter's home?
6. How does Dexter feel about killing and in what way does killing satisfy Dexter? How does killing affect his "dark schemata"?
7. Who is Dexter Morgan? Who is his father and what was his occupation? Describe the relationship Dexter has with his father.
8. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
9. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
10. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)