|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Deborah and Dexter go to eat breakfast in Chapter 7?
(a) Waffle House.
(c) Wolfie's Deli.
2. Channel ______ is the channel of choice for people with an eye for carnage.
3. What type of souvenir from his victims does Dexter keep?
(a) A picture.
(b) Their wedding ring.
(c) A hair sample.
(d) A drop of blood.
4. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
5. Deborah says people destroy the refrigerated trucks for what reason?
(a) For fun.
(b) Insurance money.
(c) To hide evidence.
(d) To hide their drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "you're different, Dexter. But you can learn to control that difference and use it constructively"?
2. What is cell crystallization?
3. According to Dexter, the crime lab gang does not wear ______.
4. Who is the Dark Passenger?
5. Where is the decapitated body found in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. After much consideration, what is Dexter's hypothesis of the Tamiami Trail Killer's reason for not finishing the cutting of his victim? To whom does he tell his hypothesis to? Does Dexter think the Tamiami Trail Killer will kill again? Explain.
2. Who says, "I am a very neat monster"? What is this character referring to?
3. Who does Dexter kill in the beginning of the novel? Why does Dexter kill this person?
4. What is the name of the suspect arrested in the Tamiami Trail murder case? What makes this person a potential suspect?
5. Whose point of view the story is told from? How is this point of view useful in understanding the overall meaning of the novel?
6. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
7. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
8. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
9. What are the priest's final words? Why do you think he says this?
10. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)