|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter says that he has a small reputation for ______.
2. In Chapter 13, Dexter senses ______ was broken into.
(a) His car.
(b) His home.
(c) His lab.
(d) Deborah's home.
3. How does killing make Dexter feel?
4. Dexter realizes that ______ likes him.
5. Metro-Dade has a policy of pulling the homicide team together approximately _____ after a murder.
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 72 hours.
(d) 60 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cell crystallization?
2. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
3. The narrator explains how he secures the priest to the table with ______.
4. What is the tattoo of on the ankle of the murder victim in Chapter 3?
5. What does Dexter find attached to his refrigerator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in detail the process by which Dexter captures his first victim of the novel. Where does he take his victim?
2. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
3. What is the relationship between Deborah and Detective LaGuerta? How does LaGuerta display her dislike in Deborah?
4. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
5. What object is sitting on top of the package of body parts found in the goalie's net at the ice rink? Who is the object left for? Why?
6. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
7. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
8. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
9. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
10. Why does Dexter go out for a drive in the middle of the night? What is he hoping to find?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)