|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
(a) A chainsaw.
(b) A rock.
(c) A pistol.
(d) An axe.
2. What type of vehicle does Dexter suggest the murder suspect uses to transport the bodies?
(a) A taxi cab.
(b) A refrigerated truck.
(c) A pickup truck.
(d) A limo.
3. Dexter says that ______ are important to him.
(a) The elderly.
4. What is the narrator wearing over his face when hunting his victim in Chapter 1?
(a) A Halloween mask.
(b) A while silk mask.
(c) A black ski mask.
(d) A pair of nylon pantyhose.
5. Who is Metro-Dade police's rival?
(a) Lee county.
(b) Orange county.
(c) Collier county.
(d) Broward county.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why is Dexter driving in the middle of the night?
2. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
3. In Chapter 8, who is in charge during the Metro police meeting?
4. Where is the decapitated body found in Chapter 10?
5. Who is handling the murder case in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is cell crystallization? How is it relevant to the murder victims?
2. What object is sitting on top of the package of body parts found in the goalie's net at the ice rink? Who is the object left for? Why?
3. What is the relationship between Deborah and Detective LaGuerta? How does LaGuerta display her dislike in Deborah?
4. Why does Dexter follow the refrigerated truck? What happens after the truck driver realizes that Dexter has been following him?
5. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
6. What gift does the intruder leave Dexter? What is symbolic of this gift?
7. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
8. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
9. What is the name of the suspect arrested in the Tamiami Trail murder case? What makes this person a potential suspect?
10. Describe in detail the process by which Dexter captures his first victim of the novel. Where does he take his victim?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)