|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
(a) A mailman.
(b) A cop.
(c) A cab driver.
(d) A janitor.
2. Dexter says that as a rule he does not remember ______.
(a) His victim's address.
(b) His victim's name.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His victim's phone number.
3. What object is thrown at Dexter's car?
(a) A barbie doll.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A woman's head.
(d) A bowling ball.
4. In Chapter 9, why is Dexter driving in the middle of the night?
(a) He is lost.
(b) He is hunting.
(c) He is looking for his dog.
(d) He is hungry.
5. Dexter says that however coarse and brutal Daryll Earl looked, the real threat to society was ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Deborah and Dexter go to eat breakfast in Chapter 7?
2. According to Dexter, why did the murder suspect not finish cutting his latest victim?
3. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
4. How much does Dexter say a bottle of Luminol cost?
5. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dexter feel about killing and in what way does killing satisfy Dexter? How does killing affect his "dark schemata"?
2. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
3. Why are Dexter's co-workers surprised to see him at the crime scene in the beginning of the novel? What is Dexter's reaction to this news? Explain.
4. Describe in detail the process by which Dexter captures his first victim of the novel. Where does he take his victim?
5. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
6. What gift does the intruder leave Dexter? What is symbolic of this gift?
7. What question does Dexter say is the key to thinking about the killer? How would Dexter have done things different had he committed these murders?
8. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
9. What object is sitting on top of the package of body parts found in the goalie's net at the ice rink? Who is the object left for? Why?
10. Dexter states that he has a small reputation for hunches, what does he mean? Why is he capable of having such hunches?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)