|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dexter and his girlfriend go for their date?
(a) The movies.
2. All of the following is true about Deborah, except for what?
(a) She is a cop.
(b) Her father was a cop.
(c) She is adopted.
(d) She is Dexter's foster sister.
3. In context to Chapter 1, the word "mess" refers to what?
(a) The dirty laundry on the floor.
(b) The blood on the walls.
(c) The bodies of the orphaned children.
(d) The dirty dishes in the sink.
4. In Chapter 9, why is Dexter driving in the middle of the night?
(a) He is looking for his dog.
(b) He is hunting.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is lost.
5. LaGuerta asks Dexter ______ times if he had seen the driver of the refrigerated truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle does Dexter suggest the murder suspect uses to transport the bodies?
2. Who repetitively says, "f it had been me..." in Chapter 11?
3. In context, the word "artist" in Chapter 10, best means ______.
4. What does the narrator use to make a noose for his victim in Chapter 1?
5. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
2. Who says, "I am a very neat monster"? What is this character referring to?
3. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
4. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
5. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
6. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
7. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
8. Dexter states that he has a small reputation for hunches, what does he mean? Why is he capable of having such hunches?
9. What question does Dexter say is the key to thinking about the killer? How would Dexter have done things different had he committed these murders?
10. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)