|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Dexter senses ______ was broken into.
(a) His lab.
(b) His home.
(c) His car.
(d) Deborah's home.
2. Dexter says that ______ are important to him.
(d) The elderly.
3. The speed limit on Biscayne Boulevard is ______.
(a) 15 mph.
(b) 45 mph.
(c) 35 mph.
(d) 60 mph.
4. In Chapter 1, who interferes with the narrator's attack on his victim?
(a) A cab driver.
(b) A mailman.
(c) A cop.
(d) A janitor.
5. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cell crystallization?
2. Who is Dexter referring to when he says, "bravo, Miss Marple"?
3. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
4. Deborah tells Dexter that she wants to work in ______.
5. All of the following is true about Deborah, except for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dexter kill in the beginning of the novel? Why does Dexter kill this person?
2. What question does Dexter say is the key to thinking about the killer? How would Dexter have done things different had he committed these murders?
3. Dexter states that he has a small reputation for hunches, what does he mean? Why is he capable of having such hunches?
4. Why does Dexter follow the refrigerated truck? What happens after the truck driver realizes that Dexter has been following him?
5. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
6. What is cell crystallization? How is it relevant to the murder victims?
7. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
8. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
9. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
10. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)