|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
(a) The rear-view mirror.
(b) The crime scene photos.
(c) The decapitated head.
(d) The refrigerated truck.
2. Who is Metro-Dade police's rival?
(a) Lee county.
(b) Collier county.
(c) Broward county.
(d) Orange county.
3. What is unusual about the crime scene in Chapter 2?
(a) There is no skin.
(b) There is no evidence.
(c) There is no blood.
(d) There is no body.
4. In Chapter 8, who is in charge during the Metro police meeting?
5. What is the narrator wearing over his face when hunting his victim in Chapter 1?
(a) A black ski mask.
(b) A while silk mask.
(c) A Halloween mask.
(d) A pair of nylon pantyhose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dexter realizes that ______ likes him.
2. When asked, "what are you?" the narrator replies, "the beginning. And the end. Meet your ______, Father."
3. What language does Dexter say seems to be a race against an invisible stopwatch and to get out as much as possible in three-second bursts without using any consonants?
4. Who repetitively says, "f it had been me..." in Chapter 11?
5. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the priest's final words? Why do you think he says this?
2. Who says, "I am a very neat monster"? What is this character referring to?
3. What is cell crystallization? How is it relevant to the murder victims?
4. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
5. Describe the dream Dexter has in Chapter 19. What does this dream foreshadow?
6. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
7. Who calls Dexter in the beginning of Chapter 24? Why is this person calling? What conclusion does Dexter come to with this phone call?
8. Explain why there is a battle for jurisdiction at the crime scene. Who is the battle between? Who ultimately wins the battle?
9. What gift does the intruder leave Dexter? What is symbolic of this gift?
10. Explain the theme highlighted in Chapter 14.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)