|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In context, the word "artist" in Chapter 10, best means ______.
2. What type of weapon was used in the double homicide crime scene Dexter is working?
(a) A rock.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A chainsaw.
(d) An axe.
3. Who does Dexter tell about his discovery in his refrigerator?
4. In Chapter 8, who is in charge during the Metro police meeting?
5. Who is nicknamed "Einstein"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does killing make Dexter feel?
2. What does Dexter determine the symbolism of the rear-view mirror to be?
3. Captain Matthews tells LaGuerta that ______ is going to maintain a peripheral involvement in this case.
4. Dexter realizes that ______ likes him.
5. Where does the narrator take Father Donovan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does the intruder leave Dexter? What is symbolic of this gift?
2. What object is sitting on top of the package of body parts found in the goalie's net at the ice rink? Who is the object left for? Why?
3. What is the relationship between Deborah and Detective LaGuerta? How does LaGuerta display her dislike in Deborah?
4. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
5. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
6. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
7. Why does Dexter follow the refrigerated truck? What happens after the truck driver realizes that Dexter has been following him?
8. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
9. What are the priest's final words? Why do you think he says this?
10. Who does Dexter kill in the beginning of the novel? Why does Dexter kill this person?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)