|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city do the murders in the novel take place?
(c) South Beach.
2. What is unusual about the crime scene in Chapter 2?
(a) There is no body.
(b) There is no skin.
(c) There is no evidence.
(d) There is no blood.
3. What is the name of Miami's hockey team?
(a) The Eagles.
(b) The Panthers.
(c) The Hurricanes.
(d) The Penguins.
4. Who is Jackson Pollock?
(a) A famous painter.
(b) A famous athlete.
(c) A famous singer.
(d) A famous actor.
5. Dexter gives ______ the creeps.
(a) Detective LaGuerta.
(b) Sergeant Doakes.
(c) Captain Matthews.
(d) Major Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator is wearing all of the following in Chapter 1, except for which?
2. Who says, "you're different, Dexter. But you can learn to control that difference and use it constructively"?
3. What are the name of Rita's kids?
4. Father Donovan notices ______ small mounds of earth in the garden.
5. What does Dexter find attached to his refrigerator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dexter states that he has a small reputation for hunches, what does he mean? Why is he capable of having such hunches?
2. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
3. How does Dexter feel about killing and in what way does killing satisfy Dexter? How does killing affect his "dark schemata"?
4. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
5. What is the relationship between Deborah and Detective LaGuerta? How does LaGuerta display her dislike in Deborah?
6. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
7. After much consideration, what is Dexter's hypothesis of the Tamiami Trail Killer's reason for not finishing the cutting of his victim? To whom does he tell his hypothesis to? Does Dexter think the Tamiami Trail Killer will kill again? Explain.
8. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
9. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
10. Who is Detective LaGuerta? Do the other characters in the novel respect Detective LaGuerta? What is her relationship with Dexter like?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)