|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cell crystallization?
(a) Cells that crystallize from cold.
(b) Cells that crystallize from heat.
(c) Cells that crystallize from water.
(d) Cells that crystallize from salt.
2. Dexter believes the murder suspect ______ a vehicle to transport the bodies.
3. Who determines that there is a witness to the crime at the Cacique Motel?
4. What type of vehicle passes Dexter, throws an object at his car, and jumps the raising draw bridge?
(a) A taxi cab.
(b) An SUV.
(c) A refrigerated truck.
(d) A limo.
5. Deborah tells Dexter that she wants to work in ______.
(a) Private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slides with dry drops of blood does Dexter have in Chapter 2?
2. Who is handling the murder case in Chapter 2?
3. Rita is all of the following except which one?
4. Metro-Dade has a policy of pulling the homicide team together approximately _____ after a murder.
5. Who suspects there is something up with Dexter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dexter do on his date with Rita that upsets her? What is Dexter's reaction to the situation? What is he thinking about?
2. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
3. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
4. What is the relationship between Deborah and Detective LaGuerta? How does LaGuerta display her dislike in Deborah?
5. Whose point of view the story is told from? How is this point of view useful in understanding the overall meaning of the novel?
6. Describe Rita. Who is she to Dexter? How is she the perfect girlfriend for Dexter?
7. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
8. Describe Dexter's dream in Chapter 7. What literary device is the author using through this dream?
9. How does Dexter know someone has been inside his home? What is damaged or missing inside Dexter's home?
10. What are the priest's final words? Why do you think he says this?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)