|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the decapitated body found in Chapter 10?
(a) In the refrigerated truck.
(b) In the dumpster.
(c) In the goalie's net.
(d) In Dexter's house.
2. Who is Jackson Pollock?
(a) A famous singer.
(b) A famous athlete.
(c) A famous actor.
(d) A famous painter.
3. Dexter gives ______ the creeps.
(a) Sergeant Doakes.
(b) Detective LaGuerta.
(c) Major Smith.
(d) Captain Matthews.
4. Who is handling the murder case in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 8, who is in charge during the Metro police meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator considers himself to be a ______ monster.
2. What are the name of Rita's kids?
3. What does Dexter determine the symbolism of the rear-view mirror to be?
4. What object is thrown at Dexter's car?
5. Dexter says that he has a small reputation for ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Dexter go after he is nearly caught cutting up his victim? What happens at this location?
2. What three gifts does the Tamiami Trail Killer leave behind? What do these three gifts represent?
3. Who follows Dexter to the docks? Why does this person follow him? Who warned this person of Dexter's illicit behavior?
4. What object is sitting on top of the package of body parts found in the goalie's net at the ice rink? Who is the object left for? Why?
5. What souvenir does Dexter collect from his victims? Whom does Dexter not get a souvenir from? How does he go about retrieving his souvenir?
6. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
7. What does Dexter find at the docks? How do these objects fit the killer's need for tight, enclosed spaces?
8. Who is the Tamiami Trail Killer? How is he related to Dexter? What information does the Tamiami Trail Killer reveal to Dexter to prove his relation to him?
9. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
10. Who was first aware of Dexter's dark secret? What did this person advise Dexter to do?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)