|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter gives ______ the creeps.
(a) Sergeant Doakes.
(b) Major Smith.
(c) Captain Matthews.
(d) Detective LaGuerta.
2. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
(a) In his victim's house.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In the bushes.
(d) In his victim's car.
3. What does the narrator stick in Father Donovan's neck?
4. What object does Angel hold up at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A red shoe.
(b) A side-view mirror.
(c) A rear-view mirror.
(d) A barbie doll.
5. Deborah says people destroy the refrigerated trucks for what reason?
(a) To hide their drugs.
(b) To hide evidence.
(c) Insurance money.
(d) For fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dexter dating?
2. In context to Chapter 1, the word "mess" refers to what?
3. Who is Dexter referring to when he says, "bravo, Miss Marple"?
4. Who killed the seven orphaned children?
5. Who is Jackson Pollock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is cell crystallization? How is it relevant to the murder victims?
2. Whose point of view the story is told from? How is this point of view useful in understanding the overall meaning of the novel?
3. For what reason does Dexter say he does his job? Does he do it to catch the bad guy?
4. What "trophy" does the Tamiami Trail Killer give to Dexter? For what reason does Dexter believe the killer gave him this trophy?
5. What is the name of the suspect arrested in the Tamiami Trail murder case? What makes this person a potential suspect?
6. What is the relationship between Deborah and Detective LaGuerta? How does LaGuerta display her dislike in Deborah?
7. Dexter states that he has a small reputation for hunches, what does he mean? Why is he capable of having such hunches?
8. How does Dexter feel about killing and in what way does killing satisfy Dexter? How does killing affect his "dark schemata"?
9. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
10. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)