|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dexter says that he has a small reputation for ______.
2. Dexter refers to thugs, robbers, and crackheads as ______.
3. Dexter reveals that their murder suspect is nicknamed the ______.
(a) Miami Vampire.
(b) Gainesville Ripper.
(c) Tamiami Trail Butcher.
(d) Sunset Slayer.
4. Who says, "I heard you were here and couldn't stay away. Please, Detective, when will you marry me?"
5. How many slides with dry drops of blood does Dexter have in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle does Dexter suggest the murder suspect uses to transport the bodies?
2. How long has Dexter been dating his girlfriend?
3. When Dexter was young, who/what did he kill?
4. Where does the narrator take Father Donovan?
5. What object does Dexter imagine bringing home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
2. Who was first aware of Dexter's dark secret? What did this person advise Dexter to do?
3. How does Dexter know someone has been inside his home? What is damaged or missing inside Dexter's home?
4. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
5. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
6. Describe Dexter's feelings towards children. Does he want kids of his own? Explain.
7. What are the priest's final words? Why do you think he says this?
8. Why are Dexter's co-workers surprised to see him at the crime scene in the beginning of the novel? What is Dexter's reaction to this news? Explain.
9. Why does Dexter attend the Metro's seventy-two hour meeting? Who is unhappy that Dexter is at the meeting? Explain.
10. Who does Dexter kill in the beginning of the novel? Why does Dexter kill this person?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)