|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In context to Chapter 1, the word "mess" refers to what?
(a) The bodies of the orphaned children.
(b) The dirty laundry on the floor.
(c) The dirty dishes in the sink.
(d) The blood on the walls.
2. Channel ______ is the channel of choice for people with an eye for carnage.
3. According to Dexter, why did the murder suspect not finish cutting his latest victim?
(a) His blade wasn't sharp enough.
(b) He was interrupted.
(c) The thrill was gone.
(d) He forgot.
4. In Chapter 1, where has the narrator been hiding?
(a) In his victim's house.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In his victim's car.
(d) In the bushes.
5. Rita is all of the following except which one?
(a) A mother.
(b) Dexter's girlfriend.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A divorcee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator use to make a noose for his victim in Chapter 1?
2. Dexter says that however coarse and brutal Daryll Earl looked, the real threat to society was ______.
3. What is the narrator wearing over his face when hunting his victim in Chapter 1?
4. What is Dexter's profession?
5. What does Dexter find inside his freezer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Detective LaGuerta? Do the other characters in the novel respect Detective LaGuerta? What is her relationship with Dexter like?
2. Explain what Dexter believes the real Tamiami Trail Killer is going to do now that there has been an arrest in the murder case.
3. Compare and contrast Dexter and Deborah Morgan. Use specific details from the text to support your answer.
4. Who is Dexter Morgan? Who is his father and what was his occupation? Describe the relationship Dexter has with his father.
5. What are the priest's final words? Why do you think he says this?
6. How does Dexter know someone has been inside his home? What is damaged or missing inside Dexter's home?
7. What is Detective LaGuerta's hypothesis as to why the Tamiami Trail Killer did not finish cutting his victim? What does Dexter find wrong with her hypothesis?
8. Dexter states that he has a small reputation for hunches, what does he mean? Why is he capable of having such hunches?
9. Who makes an arrest in the Tamiami Trail Killer case? Why does this person think they have the right suspect?
10. How does Dexter feel about killing and in what way does killing satisfy Dexter? How does killing affect his "dark schemata"?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)