|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have the gunslinger and Alice been spending the four days he has been in town?
2. What impression does the gunslinger have about Zoltan's comment?
3. What does the gunslinger ask Alice for?
4. What does the man in black announce to the patrons of the bar?
5. How does the gunslinger react when the piano player charges at him and Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the place where the preacher woman lives.
2. Describe Allie's thoughts about the gunslinger after she hears him talking strangely to Nort.
3. Explain what the gunslinger is contemplating as he gets water from Brown's well.
4. Summarize the way Allie and the gunslinger spend their time for the four days they spend in Allie's room.
5. Describe the explanation Brown gives about his planted corn the last time it rained.
6. Describe the first things that the gunslinger tells Brown about the town of Tull.
7. Summarize the discussion Brown and the gunslinger have after the blessing.
8. Explain why the gunslinger tells Allie he is leaving in the morning.
9. Describe what the gunslinger finds when he goes into Brown's dwelling.
10. Summarize the night sky as the gunslinger camps for the night.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Analyze the image of the altar and the stone circle in which Jake is mesmerized and the gunslinger receives his prophecy.
2) What does the stone circle symbolize?
3) What images does King use to describe the vision he receives and the oracle's message to him?
4) Cite examples of how the oracles prophecy relates to the gunslinger in the future.
Essay Topic 2
1) Evaluate the relationship between the gunslinger and Jake.
2) How does the man in black's father affect the gunslinger's relationship with Jake?
3) How does the gunslinger feel about Jake at the end of the novel?
4) Give examples from the story of how they interact with one another.
Essay Topic 3
1) Several times in the novel, it is mentioned that the world moved on.
2) Summarize what meaning this statement has for the gunslinger, the man in black, Jake, and the townspeople of Tull.
3) Cite examples from the novel that explain how the world moved on for each of them.
4) In the case of Jake, describe how two worlds have moved on for him.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)