|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the gunslinger decide to ask about what is south of the desert?
2. How does the gunslinger eat his meal?
3. What does the person the gunslinger meets offer him to eat?
4. What does Brown consider his life to be?
5. What does the fugitive do while in the town of Hull?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the discussion Brown and the gunslinger have after the blessing.
2. Describe Allie's room where she and the gunslinger make love.
3. Describe what the gunslinger passes in the desert after he leaves the town three weeks before.
4. Summarize how the man in black brings Nort back to life.
5. Explain what the gunslinger is thinking as he eats his breakfast.
6. Describe the explanation Brown gives about his planted corn the last time it rained.
7. Describe the young dweller that the gunslinger encounters when he comes out of the foothills.
8. Describe the gunslinger's guns.
9. Summarize Allie's explanation about Nort's death.
10. Describe the first things that the gunslinger tells Brown about the town of Tull.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Discuss how the gunslinger's attitude toward life changes from the beginning of the book to the end.
2) How does his attitude change toward the man in black? How does his attitude change about himself?
3) What are the differences in his attitude toward the meaning of life differ from the beginning to the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Brown is a mystery to the gunslinger.
1) In what way does Brown help the gunslinger on his journey?
2) In what respect has Brown led the gunslinger to a new awareness about his own human nature and man's spiritual nature?
3) Explain how Brown is wise in the ways of the flesh and the spirit. Give examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
1) As the reader follows the gunslinger through his solitary trek across the desert, what kind of person is he revealed to be?
2) Analyze the character traits he reveals when he encounters Brown and Zoltan, Jake, and Allie.
3) Summarize deeper insights into the gunslinger's human nature in each of these relationships.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)