|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zoltan say as he sits in the corner?
2. What does Brown use for a dinner table?
3. What does Alice think about the gunslinger when he makes no comment when she is finished talking?
4. What is Alice's response when the gunslinger asks her about the man in black?
5. What is the reaction of the customers in the honky-tonk when the gunslinger walks in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the man in black's arrival in the town of Tull.
2. Describe the situation when Sheb breaks into Allie's room.
3. Summarize what becomes of the gunslinger's mule.
4. Describe the first things that the gunslinger tells Brown about the town of Tull.
5. Summarize the night sky as the gunslinger camps for the night.
6. Summarize how the man in black brings Nort back to life.
7. Describe Allie's room where she and the gunslinger make love.
8. Describe the landscape as the gunslinger arrives in Tull.
9. Summarize the way Allie and the gunslinger spend their time for the four days they spend in Allie's room.
10. Describe the place where the preacher woman lives.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Analyze the role of the gunslinger as the protagonist in the novel and the role of the man in black as the antagonist.
2) Explain the qualities each of the two characters has that places them into these roles.
3) In what way does the man in black oppose the gunslinger?
4) Justify the role of each man with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
1) Analyze Stephen King's use of imagery to convey the tone of the novel.
2) How do the images of the weather and the desert add to this tone?
3) Justify the answers with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare and contrast the characters of the gunslinger and the man in black.
2) Summarize the impact each character had on the people they meet in the novel.
3) In your opinion, which character is the most effective? Defend your stance.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)