|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age of the old man that the fugitive cures?
2. What does the person the gunslinger meets offer him to eat?
3. What does Nort believe the man in black could have done for him?
4. How does the man address the gunslinger after touching his shoulder?
5. What does the gunslinger believe the man in black left for him in Tull?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the young dweller that the gunslinger encounters when he comes out of the foothills.
2. Describe Allie's thoughts about the gunslinger after she hears him talking strangely to Nort.
3. Summarize the scene in the bar when Nort puts a hand on the gunslinger's shoulder.
4. Describe the gunslinger's guns.
5. Explain what the gunslinger is contemplating as he gets water from Brown's well.
6. Summarize how the man in black brings Nort back to life.
7. Describe what Allie tells the gunslinger about the desert.
8. Describe Kennerly's daughters.
9. Describe the landscape as the gunslinger arrives in Tull.
10. Describe Allie's room where she and the gunslinger make love.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Analyze Stephen King's use of imagery to convey the tone of the novel.
2) How do the images of the weather and the desert add to this tone?
3) Justify the answers with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
1) Compare and contrast the characters of the gunslinger and the man in black.
2) Summarize the impact each character had on the people they meet in the novel.
3) In your opinion, which character is the most effective? Defend your stance.
Essay Topic 3
1) Analyze Sylvia Pittston's final acts in the story and if she has any alternatives to the shootout in Tull.
2) Was her character completely evil in the end?
3) Justify the answer with examples from the story.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)