|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Kennerly have?
2. What does Alice ask the gunslinger to do for her?
3. Why does Brown apologize to the gunslinger?
4. What does the gunslinger carry below his water bags?
5. How long has it been since the gunslinger passed a town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the way Allie and the gunslinger spend their time for the four days they spend in Allie's room.
2. Explain what the gunslinger is thinking as he eats his breakfast.
3. Describe what the gunslinger passes in the desert after he leaves the town three weeks before.
4. Explain the levels of khef that are summarized in this chapter.
5. Summarize the night sky as the gunslinger camps for the night.
6. Summarize how the man in black brings Nort back to life.
7. Describe Allie's thoughts about the gunslinger after she hears him talking strangely to Nort.
8. Describe the man in black's arrival in the town of Tull.
9. Describe how Brown surprises the gunslinger.
10. Describe the situation when Sheb breaks into Allie's room.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Analyze the role of the gunslinger as the protagonist in the novel and the role of the man in black as the antagonist.
2) Explain the qualities each of the two characters has that places them into these roles.
3) In what way does the man in black oppose the gunslinger?
4) Justify the role of each man with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
1) The gunslinger has many memories of his youth as a boy named Roland.
2) Describe what is learned about the gunslinger as an adult by his memories of Roland.
3) Explain how these memories of his early life affect his lifestyle and relationships as an adult.
4) Analyze how his notions as Roland have changed since becoming a gunslinger.
5) Cite examples to justify the answers.
Essay Topic 3
1) Analyze Sylvia Pittston's final acts in the story and if she has any alternatives to the shootout in Tull.
2) Was her character completely evil in the end?
3) Justify the answer with examples from the story.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)