|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gunslinger able to do in spite of being stabbed several times?
(a) Run for shelter
(b) Reload his guns
(c) Hop onto his horse
(d) Drag himself away from the mob
2. What is the crow compared to as it sits on the low roof?
(a) An evil spirit
(b) A demon
(c) The embodiment of sin
(d) A gargoyle
3. What is the gunslinger carrying as he walks away from Brown?
(a) Food and water
(b) Guns and a rope
(c) Guns and knives
(d) Guns and water
4. How long have Jake and the gunslinger been in the foothills?
(a) Two days
(b) Two weeks
(c) One week
(d) Three days
5. Why does Sylvia say that making love to her will be the death of the gunslinger?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She will cast a death spell on him.
(c) She is carrying the man in black's child.
(d) She is a creature of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as the gunslinger rides out of town?
2. What does the gunslinger realize when he awakens to an ugly, bruised purple sky?
3. What does Sylvia say is beyond the desert when the gunslinger grabs her?
4. How does Allie make love to the gunslinger on the night she tells him about Sylvia?
5. What is the gunslinger's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe where the gunslinger finds Jake when he is missing from the campsite.
2. Describe what Roland wants from Cort when he kicks in his door.
3. Summarize the final conversation that Allie and the gunslinger have together.
4. Summarize why the gunslinger looks at Jake with sorrow.
5. Summarize the decision the gunslinger must make when Jake falls onto the edge of a pit, clutching on for his life.
6. Describe what Soobie and Kennerly are doing when the gunslinger leaves them.
7. Describe the events that take place as the gunslinger walks through the center of town.
8. Describe the killing ground where the man in black leads the gunslinger.
9. Describe Allie's demeanor on the morning of the gunslinger's last day in Tull.
10. Summarize the encounter the gunslinger has with Kennerly and Soobie.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)