|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the gunslinger find Jake after waking from his dream?
(a) Laying across a stone altar
(b) Unconscious in the grass
(c) Sleeping beside him
(d) Swaying in front of a stone altar
2. How does Cuthbert feel about Cort?
(a) He is intimidated by Cort.
(b) He is enthralled with Cort.
(c) He loves Cort like a father.
(d) He hates Cort.
3. Where does Brown think the man in black is?
(a) Past the desert
(b) Very close
(c) In the mountains
(d) In the desert
4. What does the gunslinger see in his vision?
(a) His own death
(b) Something of cosmic importance
(c) The death of the man in black
(d) The end of the universe
5. What is the gunslinger dreaming about when he is startled from his sleep?
(a) He dreams about Susan being burned alive.
(b) He dreams about finding Jake.
(c) He dreams about Cort teaching him to shoot.
(d) He dreams about Cuthbert's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the gunslinger thinks about the past, what are Roland and Cuthbert learning to do?
2. What is the final comment Brown makes to the gunslinger when he departs?
3. What does the gunslinger guard about his character?
4. How does the gunslinger view the boy in the light of the fire?
5. Who calls Roland into his mother's room in the gunslinger's memories of coming of age?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sylvia's prediction about what the man in black intends to do about the gunslinger.
2. Summarize Sylvia Pittston's encounter with the man in black.
3. Analyze why the gunslinger asks Brown who he really is.
4. Describe the appearance of Brown on the day the gunslinger leaves his home.
5. Summarize why the gunslinger goes back to the circle of stones.
6. Describe the encounter the gunslinger has with Jake.
7. Describe the events that take place as the gunslinger walks through the center of town.
8. Summarize the decision the gunslinger must make when Jake falls onto the edge of a pit, clutching on for his life.
9. Describe where the gunslinger finds Jake when he is missing from the campsite.
10. Describe what Jake tells the gunslinger to look at in the mountains.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)