|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sylvia come from when she arrived in town?
(a) She came from the mountains.
(b) She came from the forest.
(c) She came from the desert.
(d) She came from the crazies.
2. How have the gunslinger and Alice been spending the four days he has been in town?
(a) They ate, talked and slept.
(b) They ate, slept, made love and played the fiddle.
(c) They went for long walks and slept.
(d) They ate and slept
3. What does Nort chew on instead of eating?
(a) A piece of straw
(b) A cow hoof
(c) Devil grass
(d) Old leather
4. What does the gunslinger believe the man in black did to Sylvia Pittston?
(a) Cast a spell on her
(b) Turned her into one of his followers
(c) Left a demon in her
(d) Hypnotized her
5. What does the gunslinger believe the man in black left for him in Tull?
(b) A trap
(c) A note
(d) A gun
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person the gunslinger meets offer him to eat?
2. What does Brown use for a dinner table?
3. What does the man in black announce to the patrons of the bar?
4. Brown wakes the gunslinger after how many hours of sleep?
5. What does the gunslinger think the burned out campfires he finds could be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation when Sheb breaks into Allie's room.
2. Explain the levels of khef that are summarized in this chapter.
3. Summarize Allie's explanation about Nort's death.
4. Describe what Allie tells the gunslinger about the desert.
5. Describe the place where the preacher woman lives.
6. Describe Allie's room where she and the gunslinger make love.
7. Describe the young dweller that the gunslinger encounters when he comes out of the foothills.
8. Explain why the gunslinger tells Allie he is leaving in the morning.
9. Describe what the gunslinger passes in the desert after he leaves the town three weeks before.
10. Describe how Brown surprises the gunslinger.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)