|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown use for a dinner table?
(a) A wagon wheel
(b) An old water bucket
(c) A blanket spread on the floor
(d) A flat rock
2. What pleases the gunslinger about the fugitive he is following?
(a) The fugitive's essential humanity
(b) The fugitive is bleeding.
(c) The fugitive is slowing down.
(d) The fugitive is leaving more clues.
3. What strange thought crosses the gunslinger's mind about Brown?
(a) Brown could be in his imagination.
(b) Brown could be the man in black.
(c) Brown could be plotting to murder him.
(d) Brown could be a spirit.
4. How long has the gunslinger been walking on foot?
(a) Two days
(b) One month
(c) One week
(d) Twelve days
5. What impression does the gunslinger have about Zoltan's comment?
(a) He thinks that everything is an enchantment.
(b) He thinks it is meant for Brown.
(c) He thinks it is just a trick taught by Brown.
(d) He thinks that it is meaningless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in black announce to the patrons of the bar?
2. Brown wakes the gunslinger after how many hours of sleep?
3. What are the three things Brown believes are important?
4. How does the gunslinger eat his meal?
5. What does Alice tell the gunslinger about Nort's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize how the gunslinger begins to tell the story of Tull.
2. Describe the gunslinger's guns.
3. Summarize what goes through the gunslinger's mind when Zoltan starts reciting the Lord's Prayer.
4. Summarize what becomes of the gunslinger's mule.
5. Explain why the gunslinger tells Allie he is leaving in the morning.
6. Describe the place where the preacher woman lives.
7. Explain what the gunslinger is contemplating as he gets water from Brown's well.
8. Summarize the discussion Brown and the gunslinger have after the blessing.
9. Summarize the scene in the bar when Nort puts a hand on the gunslinger's shoulder.
10. Summarize the night sky as the gunslinger camps for the night.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)