|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nort when he enters the bar when being followed by the children and dogs?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He passed out on the floor.
(c) He puked black and full of blood.
(d) The dogs attacked him.
2. How does the gunslinger react when the piano player charges at him and Alice?
(a) He knocks the piano player onto the floor.
(b) He grabs the piano player's wrists, breaking them both.
(c) He grabs the piano player around the throat
(d) He shoots the piano player.
3. What does the gunslinger decide to do with his mule?
(a) He decides to eat it.
(b) Make arrangements for it to be taken care of it while he is in Tull.
(c) He gives it to Alice.
(d) He decides to trade it for a horse.
4. What does Brown give the gunslinger to eat?
(a) Three ears of corn
(b) Dried locusts
(c) A root stew
(d) Two potatoes
5. Who is the one character in the Bible that Sylvia Pittston fears?
(d) The Interloper
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gunslinger thinking as he turns away from Kennerly?
2. What does Kennerly say that he heard is beyond the desert?
3. What does Zoltan say as he sits in the corner?
4. What does Alice ask the gunslinger to do for her?
5. What does the gunslinger see in the eyes of the man who touches his shoulder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize how the man in black brings Nort back to life.
2. Describe the desert in which the gunslinger is traveling.
3. Explain what the gunslinger is contemplating as he gets water from Brown's well.
4. Describe what the gunslinger passes in the desert after he leaves the town three weeks before.
5. Describe the preacher who gives a sermon at the church.
6. Describe the young dweller that the gunslinger encounters when he comes out of the foothills.
7. Describe the man in black's arrival in the town of Tull.
8. Explain the levels of khef that are summarized in this chapter.
9. Summarize the preacher's comments about the Interloper.
10. Describe the landscape as the gunslinger arrives in Tull.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)