|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Kennerly give to the gunslinger?
(a) Sylvia is planning to kill him.
(b) Alice is planning to kill him.
(c) There is a trap set for him.
(d) The wind from the storm can kill him.
2. What is the last thing Allie asks the gunslinger?
(a) She asks him if he is ever surprised.
(b) She asks him if he is leaving.
(c) She asks him if he will be back.
(d) She asks him if he is a demon.
3. What prediction does Allie make about the weather?
(a) It is going to be cold.
(b) It looks like rain.
(c) It is going to be inhumanly hot.
(d) It is going to dust up.
4. What is Brown planning to do with the gunslinger's mule?
(a) Use it to carry his supplies
(b) Burn it
(c) Bury it
(d) Eat it
5. Who calls Roland into his mother's room in the gunslinger's memories of coming of age?
6. What does Jake ask the gunslinger after they see the man in black?
(a) He asks if they will catch him.
(b) He asks if they can turn around.
(c) He asks if he can stay behind.
(d) He asks if the gunslinger is afraid.
7. What is involved in passing the gunslinger test?
(a) Roland must shoot five targets accurately.
(b) Roland must shoot and reload in ten seconds.
(c) Roland must shoot while riding a horse.
(d) Roland must take a stick away from Cort.
8. What is the gunslinger carrying as he walks away from Brown?
(a) Guns and water
(b) Guns and a rope
(c) Food and water
(d) Guns and knives
9. Where does the gunslinger find Jake after waking from his dream?
(a) Laying across a stone altar
(b) Swaying in front of a stone altar
(c) Unconscious in the grass
(d) Sleeping beside him
10. How does Allie make love to the gunslinger on the night she tells him about Sylvia?
11. What do Roland and Cuthbert do after they hear the secret conversation?
(a) Tell the priest.
(b) Tell the Good Man.
(c) Tell their mothers.
(d) Tell their fathers.
12. What does the gunslinger do to Jake to get information from him?
(a) Threatens to drag Jake through the desert
(b) Hypnotizes Jake
(c) Threatens Jake with his gun
(d) Begs Jake for the information
13. What does the gunslinger tell Brown about his way of life?
(a) He says that he does what he has to do.
(b) He says that he has no choice in what he does.
(c) He says that he enjoys killing.
(d) He admits that he is evil sometimes.
14. As the gunslinger thinks about the past, what are Roland and Cuthbert learning to do?
(b) Reload quickly
(c) Train Cort's hawk, David
(d) How to ride bareback
15. What does Allie do on the morning after telling the gunslinger about Sylvia?
(a) She lights the lamps and cooks corn fritters for the gunslinger.
(b) She runs out into the street.
(c) She goes to the bar.
(d) She leaves the gunslinger alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the gunslinger view Brown on the morning he is leaving Brown's home?
2. Who does the gunslinger see sitting in the shadows?
3. What is the gunslinger's mystic number that determines his fate?
4. What does the gunslinger guard about his character?
5. What does Sylvia say to the gunslinger when he comes into her home?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)