|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sneaks a meal to Roland and Cuthbert when Cort tells them they can't have supper?
(a) A scullery boy
(b) Hax, the cook
2. What has been on the gunslinger's mind all day as he trudges through the desert?
(a) A nursery rhyme his mother used to sing to him
(b) The man in black
(c) The people he killed in Tull
(d) The way Allie died
3. What question does the gunslinger ask Brown?
(a) He asks Brown if he wants to kill him.
(b) He asks Brown if he is a spirit.
(c) He asks Brown if he can stay awhile.
(d) He asks Brown who he really is.
4. What becomes of the gunslinger after he passes out in the sand?
(a) Jake kicks him in the stomach and takes his guns.
(b) Jake lays him in a hay bed and cools his face with water.
(c) Jake throws him into a newly dug grave.
(d) Jake sits beside him, not knowing what to do.
5. What conversation do Roland and Cuthbert overhear as they are eating dessert?
(a) They hear Cort plan to kill the people of Farson.
(b) They hear Cort and Hax plan to kill the people of Farson.
(c) They hear Hax and a guard plan to kill the people of Farson.
(d) They hear Hax and a guard plan to free a prisoner from the castle.
6. What is the last thing Allie asks the gunslinger?
(a) She asks him if he is leaving.
(b) She asks him if he will be back.
(c) She asks him if he is ever surprised.
(d) She asks him if he is a demon.
7. What does the desert bake out of the gunslinger?
(a) Thoughts of a happy life
(b) Thoughts of friendship
(c) Thoughts of guilt
(d) Thoughts of love
8. What does the gunslinger ask the oracle as he lays on the stone altar?
(a) He asks for strength.
(b) He asks for a prophecy.
(c) He asks for courage.
(d) He asks for help.
9. What is the final result of the gunslinger's altercation with the people of Tull?
(a) He kills everyone in the town.
(b) They agree to let him leave town.
(c) He escapes on his horse.
(d) The townspeople lock him in jail.
10. What disturbs Marten and Roland's mother about his comment that his mother has not dismissed him?
(a) Roland insults his father.
(b) Roland insults his mother.
(c) Roland threatens Marten.
(d) Roland talks to Marten in High Speech.
11. Why does Brown question the gunslinger's humanity?
(a) The gunslinger looks at Brown with serpentine eyes.
(b) The gunslinger proud of the dead people he leaves behind.
(c) The gunslinger doesn't understand why he should feel bad about Tull.
(d) The gunslinger laughs about the people he has killed.
12. What does the man in black do with the tarot cards?
(a) Tosses them into the fire
(b) Tells the gunslinger's future
(c) Throws them into the air
(d) Lays them out in front of the gunslinger
13. What does Sylvia wave in each hand as she runs toward the gunslinger screaming?
(a) She waves a snake in each hand.
(b) She waves dead rats in each hand.
(c) She holds a wooden cross in each hand.
(d) She waves a kitchen knife in each hand.
14. What is the consequence for not passing the gunslinger test?
(a) Finding a lowly profession
(b) Becoming a servant to other gunslingers
(c) Banishment forever
(d) Repeating all the lessons
15. How does the gunslinger get into Sylvia's residence?
(a) Sylvia opens the door for him.
(b) He climbs through a window.
(c) He crawls through a hole under the door.
(d) He kicks down the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gunslinger see in the desert as he becomes more delirious?
2. Who calls Roland into his mother's room in the gunslinger's memories of coming of age?
3. Where does the gunslinger see the man in black?
4. What is the reaction of the gunslinger after the assault by Soobie?
5. What does Brown ask the gunslinger when he is done telling his story about Tull?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)