|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's response when the gunslinger asks her what is south of the desert?
(a) She answers that there is a village there.
(b) She tells him there is an ocean there.
(c) She tells him that the crazies live there.
(d) She answers that she doesn't know.
2. What is Alice's reaction to the man in black's actions?
(a) She laughs and joins him.
(b) She runs out the door and down the street.
(c) She panics and locks herself in an upstairs room.
(d) She cries, collapsing on the floor.
3. What does the gunslinger see in the eyes of the man who touches his shoulder?
(c) The eyes of the damned
(d) Empty eyes
4. What is the only thing in the desert to burn for a campfire?
(a) Snake skins
(b) Devil grass
(d) Dried cactus
5. What does Alice say about Nort?
(a) He is dead and was touched by God.
(b) He is an old man.
(c) He is a rotter.
(d) He was a lawyer once.
6. How does the gunslinger eat his meal?
(a) Quickly and hungrily
(b) Picks at it
(c) Slowly and thoughtfully
(d) Swallows without chewing
7. What does the gunslinger think Brown will do after eating the meal?
(a) Kill him
(b) Ask questions
(c) Attack him
(d) Go to bed
8. What does the gunslinger decide to do with his mule?
(a) He decides to trade it for a horse.
(b) Make arrangements for it to be taken care of it while he is in Tull.
(c) He gives it to Alice.
(d) He decides to eat it.
9. What does the gunslinger pass to Alice while in her room?
(a) A gold nugget
(b) A cigarette
(c) A piece of jerky
(d) A letter
10. What was the thick crust of alkali in the desert at one time?
(a) A river
(b) An underground stream
(c) A gold mine
(d) A highway
11. How long has Sylvia been in Tull?
(a) Two months
(b) Six months
(c) Twelve years
(d) Two years
12. How does the man in black arrive into town?
(a) He drives a rickety rig with a tarp tied across the back.
(b) He walks into town.
(c) He rides in on a horse.
(d) He rides a mule into town.
13. While the gunslinger waits for his hamburgers to be cooked, what does the man behind him do?
(a) The man approaches him with a Bible in his hand.
(b) The man puts a rope around his neck.
(c) The man comes up behind him with a hunting knife.
(d) The man raises a rifle to his back.
14. What does the gunslinger think the burned out campfires he finds could be?
(a) A message
(b) The trail of ghosts
(c) Devil spoor
(d) Relics of the past
15. How long has the gunslinger been walking on foot?
(a) One month
(b) Two days
(c) One week
(d) Twelve days
Short Answer Questions
1. What spectacular thing does the gunslinger see in the night sky?
2. What is Alice's opinion of the gunslinger?
3. What song is playing as the gunslinger enters Tull?
4. What does the gunslinger refuse to do after the attack by Sheb?
5. Why does Sheb attack the gunslinger?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)