Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 Section 1
1. Who is the gunslinger following across the desert?
The man in black
2. What is the only feature that can be seen in the desert?
The haze of the mountains
3. What was the thick crust of alkali in the desert at one time?
4. At which levels of khef does thirst stop?
Seventh or eighth
5. What level of khef is the gunslinger?
6. What does the gunslinger carry below his water bags?
7. What type of surface does the desert have?
8. What pleases the gunslinger about the fugitive he is following?
The fugitive's essential humanity
9. What is the only thing in the desert to burn for a campfire?
10. How long has the gunslinger been following the fugitive?
11. What does the gunslinger think the burned out campfires he finds...
This section contains 2,740 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)