Chapter 1 Section 1
1. Who is the gunslinger following across the desert?
(a) The man in black
(b) The black man
(c) The black woman
(d) The woman in black
2. What is the only feature that can be seen in the desert?
(a) A dried river bed
(b) The haze of the mountains
(c) A meteor crater
(d) A dried up water hole
3. What was the thick crust of alkali in the desert at one time?
(a) A highway
(b) An underground stream
(c) A gold mine
(d) A river
4. At which levels of khef does thirst stop?
(a) Six or seventh
(b) Eighth or ninth
(c) Fifth or sixth
(d) Seventh or eighth
5. What level of khef is the gunslinger?
6. What does the gunslinger carry below his water bags?
(a) Coffee pot
(b) Bowie knife
(c) Bed roll
7. What type of surface does the desert have?
(b) Large stones
8. What pleases the gunslinger about the fugitive he is following?
(a) The fugitive is slowing down.
(b) The fugitive's essential humanity
(c) The fugitive is bleeding.
(d) The fugitive is leaving more clues.
This section contains 5,225 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)