|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are McMurphy and Chief Bromden taken after the fight?
(a) To the meeting room
(b) The Disturbed ward
(c) To the medication room
(d) To solitary confinement
2. What does Nurse Ratched use to begin to take down McMurphy?
(a) Negative group meeting sessions
(b) Her feminine charm
(c) A punishment
(d) A rumor
3. What does McMurphy bet that Chief Bromden can do?
(a) Lift the panel
(b) Stand up to Nurse Ratched
(c) Run away
(d) Kill a patient
4. Who does Nurse Ratched threaten Billy she will call?
(a) His brother
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His wife
5. Who 'accidentally' throws the basketball through the nurse's window, breaking it for the third time?
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor tells the gas station attendants that the men are a what?
2. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
3. Who stands a head taller than anyone else on the ward?
4. Finish this name: _________ George
5. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that McMurphy shares with Chief Broom?
2. When the men begin to talk about McMurphy and the things he does, what does Harding remind the men of?
3. Why does McMurphy want a day pass from the ward?
4. In response to the vetoing of his day pass, what does McMurphy do?
5. What has Chief Bromden been believing about McMurphy?
6. What does McMurphy do to Chief Bromden that makes the Chief upset about McMurphy always 'winning things'?
7. What are some of the ways that the men begin to bond together during the fishing trip?
8. What happens when the Captain calls the number the McMurphy gives him in order to validate their liability agreement?
9. What does McMurphy ask of Chief Broom as they are sharing stories of their lives?
10. What does McMurphy do as they are preparing and performing the electroshock therapy on him?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)