|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the 'big toothless knotty old Swede'?
2. Where did McMurphy get a job picking beans?
(a) Beaverton, Oregon
(b) Spokane, Washington
(c) Eugene, Oregon
(d) Portland, Oregon
3. What has disappeared most obviously from Billy?
(a) His shyness
(b) His money
(c) His hair
(d) His stutter
4. What does McMurphy get from the doctor?
(a) A basketball
(b) A key
(c) A day pass
(d) A book
5. Who cuts his throat with a tool he found in the doctor's office?
(c) Billy Bibbit
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain need before the trip can begin?
2. Who is the patient who has boating experience?
3. What does Harding say will happen if he goes to the bathroom in the dark?
4. Who used to be a football player?
5. Where does McMurphy say the men are traveling to when the gas attendant tries to charge extra for the gas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways that the men begin to bond together during the fishing trip?
2. What does McMurphy tell Billy he needs to send to Candy for her trip to see him?
3. What is the story that McMurphy shares with Chief Broom?
4. What does Nurse Ratched finally do in order to begin to topple the reign of McMurphy?
5. What does McMurphy receive from the doctor?
6. When McMurphy and the Chief are taken to the Shock Shop, what does the Chief vow not to do?
7. During the going away party, they don't really have a plan for not getting caught, so Harding steps in. What does he propose they do?
8. What does McMurphy do when the night attendants come to Chief Broom's bed?
9. What almost cancels the fishing trip altogether?
10. What is Nurse Ratched's reaction to the window that McMurphy breaks?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)