|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
(a) The pay phone down the street
(b) A hospital
(c) A brothel
(d) A convenience store
2. Where did McMurphy get a job picking beans?
(a) Spokane, Washington
(b) Beaverton, Oregon
(c) Portland, Oregon
(d) Eugene, Oregon
3. What does McMurphy ask Nurse Ratched for?
(a) A new outfit
(b) A cigarette
(c) A new room
(d) A day pass
4. Fill in the blank: 'When did they sneak that danged ________ in there? Why, that thing is a menace!"
(b) Control panel
5. What has disappeared most obviously from Billy?
(a) His shyness
(b) His money
(c) His stutter
(d) His hair
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
2. Who is the patient who has boating experience?
3. What is the name the Chief uses to describe both the hospital administration and the government?
4. What did Billy Bibbit stop writing in the log book, as the Acutes began to be stronger and more rebellious?
5. What does Harding say will happen if he goes to the bathroom in the dark?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the going away party, they don't really have a plan for not getting caught, so Harding steps in. What does he propose they do?
2. What does McMurphy do to Chief Bromden that makes the Chief upset about McMurphy always 'winning things'?
3. When McMurphy and the Chief are taken to the Shock Shop, what does the Chief vow not to do?
4. What is the first rebellious act that Chief Broom commits?
5. What does McMurphy do as they are preparing and performing the electroshock therapy on him?
6. When the men begin to talk about McMurphy and the things he does, what does Harding remind the men of?
7. What does the nurse do when the basketball 'accidentally' breaks the nurse's station window again?
8. What is the story that McMurphy shares with Chief Broom?
9. Why does McMurphy want a day pass from the ward?
10. What do McMurphy and the Chief do when the attendants try to get George to use soap in his shower?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)