|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Never before did I realize that mental illness could have the aspect of power, power"?
(d) The doctor
2. How much did the men have to chip in each for the boat rent?
3. Who is the patient who has boating experience?
4. What did Billy Bibbit stop writing in the log book, as the Acutes began to be stronger and more rebellious?
(a) His observations
(b) His name
(c) His dreams
(d) His mother's name
5. Who throws the first punch in the fight in the shower?
(b) Chief Bromden
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Chief have any money?
2. What does the captain need before the trip can begin?
3. What causes the delay of the trip?
4. Whose name is the last name of Chief Bromden?
5. Who used to be a football player?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to McMurphy when the men are caught after the plan to not get caught doesn't occur as planned?
2. Why has Chief Broom been saving up gum?
3. What happens when the Captain calls the number the McMurphy gives him in order to validate their liability agreement?
4. What does Chief Broom do to help save McMurphy from his new vegetative state?
5. What does Nurse Ratched finally do in order to begin to topple the reign of McMurphy?
6. What is the first rebellious act that Chief Broom commits?
7. During the going away party, they don't really have a plan for not getting caught, so Harding steps in. What does he propose they do?
8. What is Nurse Ratched's reaction to the window that McMurphy breaks?
9. What does McMurphy do to Chief Bromden that makes the Chief upset about McMurphy always 'winning things'?
10. What do the night attendants do to Chief Broom's bed as he is sleeping?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)