|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men begin to question as McMurphy continues to be rebellious?
(a) McMurphy's motives
(b) Nurse Ratched's uniforms
(c) The logic of the rules at the hospital
(d) Harding's plans
2. What is one of McMurphy's nicknames?
(a) Ghengis Khan
(c) Towel man
3. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
(a) Sign himself out
(b) Call a friend
(c) Talk with Nurse Ratched
(d) Break the windows
4. Who is the one person who votes with McMurphy in favor of the World Series?
5. Who are those whose brains have been altered beyond repair?
(c) New Admissions
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that he would never make his mark as the head man of the crappers?
2. What does McMurphy finally suggest he will move to escape which makes the men bet against him?
3. How were the patients being tested for TB?
4. Who is completely silent during the meeting of the staff, at least at the beginning?
5. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story?
2. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
3. What do the patients do when Nurse Ratched tells them to get away from the TV?
4. Why doesn't Nurse Ratched want McMurphy sent to the Disturbed ward?
5. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
6. What does Harding's wife do when she comes to visit?
7. While the men understand McMurphy's change in behavior, what tragic event occurs that makes the ward go back to its normal routine?
8. Harding's wife comes to visit, causing everyone to see why she upsets him so much. What is McMurphy's reaction when Harding asks McMurphy his opinion of his wife?
9. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
10. When McMurphy tries to get the men to agree to watch the World Series, the second vote yields more votes than the first, but why isn't it valid, according to Nurse Ratched?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)