|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the men are not brave men like McMurphy is?
(a) Nurse Ratched
(d) Billy Bibbit
2. Does McMurphy move the item in #40 as he says he can?
(a) He doesn't try
(c) He asks someone else to move it for him
3. Where did McMurphy come from?
(a) A prison work camp
(b) A school
(c) A community lockup
(d) Another mental hospital
4. What do Nurse Ratched and McMurphy battle about?
(a) The food
(b) The decorating scheme
(c) The volume of the radio
(d) The medication schedule
5. Who said that he would never make his mark as the head man of the crappers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does McMurphy bet the other men?
2. Why does Nurse Ratched do what she does in #56?
3. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
4. Are the men mad at McMurphy for his actions in #64's answer?
5. What does Nurse Ratched ask of the patients when she tells them about #76's punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the patients do when Nurse Ratched tells them to get away from the TV?
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. How could the patients of the ward be described?
4. Why is Chief Bromden allowed to be in the meeting room when Nurse Ratched and the other members of the medical team are having a meeting?
5. What is the most surprising thing that McMurphy learns as they are waiting to be tested for TB?
6. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
7. What action does McMurphy take as a result of #29?
8. What does Nurse Ratched do during this meeting that unnerves the other people in the room?
9. Who is described as being alert and chipper, unlike other new admissions?
10. What is the punishment for the men after the incident in #3 takes place?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)