|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
(b) Doctor Spivey
(c) Chief Bromden
2. What does McMurphy grab after #80?
(a) A pack of cigarettes
(b) A bottle of pills
(c) A knife
(d) The nurse
3. What does McMurphy bet he can do in #24?
(a) Ruffle the feathers of Nurse Ratched
(b) Get the men drunk
(d) Get released
4. The day room is divided into how many sides?
5. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
(b) Billy Bibbit
Short Answer Questions
1. What is EST, according to Harding?
2. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
3. What takes place over the course of a few days in the ward?
4. What is McMurphy doing when Nurse Ratched comes in the morning?
5. What does McMurphy do when the World Series is on the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. When McMurphy tries to get the men to agree to watch the World Series, the second vote yields more votes than the first, but why isn't it valid, according to Nurse Ratched?
2. Why doesn't Nurse Ratched want McMurphy sent to the Disturbed ward?
3. Harding's wife comes to visit, causing everyone to see why she upsets him so much. What is McMurphy's reaction when Harding asks McMurphy his opinion of his wife?
4. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
5. Why does the shaving of his head upset Chief Bromden?
6. How does McMurphy try to help Harding after the Group Meeting?
7. Who is the narrator of the story?
8. How does Chief describe the days in the ward?
9. How could the patients of the ward be described?
10. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)