|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
(a) Being a psychopath
(b) Being a predator
(c) Being a lost cause
(d) Being a cannibal
2. What does McMurphy compare the group meeting to?
(a) A pecking party
(c) His last hospital stay
(d) A boring class
3. What makes McMurphy question his actions?
(a) Being comitted for life
(c) His conscience
(d) A note from his mother
4. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
(a) Billy Bibbit
5. What is another name the patients have for EST?
(a) Shock Shop
(b) Electric Delight
(c) Quiet Buzz
(d) Brain Meltdown
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that he would never make his mark as the head man of the crappers?
2. What do the men do until the lights go out in the ward?
3. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
4. How long has the lifeguard been at the hospital?
5. Who is completely silent during the meeting of the staff, at least at the beginning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Nurse Ratched want McMurphy sent to the Disturbed ward?
2. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
3. Why does the shaving of his head upset Chief Bromden?
4. What action does McMurphy take as a result of #29?
5. What is so special about Harding in relation to the rest of the patients on the ward?
6. When McMurphy rants about the state of affairs in the ward, how does Billy Bibbit respond?
7. What do the patients do when Nurse Ratched tells them to get away from the TV?
8. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
9. What does Nurse Ratched tell the young black men to do before breakfast?
10. What is the cleaning crew of the mental hospital called?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)