|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the overall winner of the card game?
2. What does McMurphy finally suggest he will move to escape which makes the men bet against him?
(a) The metal control panel
(b) The wire gate
(c) The nurse's station
(d) The concrete floor
3. What is Nurse Ratched's reaction to the answer to #55?
(a) She takes time off
(b) She punishes half the men
(c) She ignores them
(d) She melts down
4. Where is Chief Bromden locked up?
(a) His room
(b) Solitary confinement
(c) The bathroom
(d) An examination room
5. What does Nurse Ratched ask of the patients when she tells them about #76's punishment?
(a) If it's something McMurphy enjoys
(b) If it's fair
(c) If it's enough
(d) If they can suggest something else more suitable
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
2. What does Nurse Ratched remind McMurphy of?
3. Who is the subject of the group meeting?
4. Where does the staff want to send McMurphy?
5. Why does Nurse Ratched do what she does in #56?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the men understand McMurphy's change in behavior, what tragic event occurs that makes the ward go back to its normal routine?
2. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
3. What action does McMurphy take as a result of #29?
4. What do the patients do when Nurse Ratched tells them to get away from the TV?
5. What has McMurphy's rebellious spirit caused the men of the ward to begin to do?
6. Which patients are the ones whose brains have been altered beyond repair from shock therapy and tranquilizers?
7. What is the most surprising thing that McMurphy learns as they are waiting to be tested for TB?
8. Who is the narrator of the story?
9. Why is Chief Bromden allowed to be in the meeting room when Nurse Ratched and the other members of the medical team are having a meeting?
10. When McMurphy tries to get the men to agree to watch the World Series, the second vote yields more votes than the first, but why isn't it valid, according to Nurse Ratched?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)