|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched suggest has happened to McMurphy as he is singing in the hallway?
(a) He is just being a pain
(b) He is crazy
(c) He has been dared by the other men
(d) His clothes have been stolen
2. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
(a) The World Series
(b) The escape plan
(c) The Kentucky Derby
(d) The World Cup
3. Who does Chief Bromden think is speeding up time and then slowing it down?
(a) The black boys
(c) Nurse Ratched
4. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) Doctor Spivey
(d) His own father
5. Who is the one person who votes with McMurphy in favor of the World Series?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the staff call McMurphy?
2. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
3. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
4. What do the men do until the lights go out in the ward?
5. Who says the men are not brave men like McMurphy is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Harding's wife comes to visit, causing everyone to see why she upsets him so much. What is McMurphy's reaction when Harding asks McMurphy his opinion of his wife?
2. What is so special about Harding in relation to the rest of the patients on the ward?
3. Why is Chief Bromden allowed to be in the meeting room when Nurse Ratched and the other members of the medical team are having a meeting?
4. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
5. When Nurse Ratched tells McMurphy that he can not wear a towel when walking around in the ward, what does McMurphy do?
6. What do the patients do when Nurse Ratched tells them to get away from the TV?
7. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
8. When McMurphy tries to get the men to agree to watch the World Series, the second vote yields more votes than the first, but why isn't it valid, according to Nurse Ratched?
9. What has McMurphy's rebellious spirit caused the men of the ward to begin to do?
10. Which patients are the ones who have the highest likelihood of being cured?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)