|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chief Bromden sensitive to?
(a) Cleaning solutions
2. Why is Chief Bromden in the meeting room?
(a) To clean up
(b) To spy
(c) To help the staff with their policies
(d) To represent the patients
3. What do the men do until the lights go out in the ward?
(a) Stare at the walls
(b) Watch TV
(c) Play cards
(d) Play basketball
4. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
(a) Being a psychopath
(b) Being a lost cause
(c) Being a predator
(d) Being a cannibal
5. What does McMurphy bet he can do in #24?
(b) Ruffle the feathers of Nurse Ratched
(c) Get the men drunk
(d) Get released
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McMurphy begin to collect bets for?
2. Who is the subject of the group meeting?
3. Who said that he would never make his mark as the head man of the crappers?
4. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
5. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is described as being alert and chipper, unlike other new admissions?
2. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
3. How does McMurphy try to help Harding after the Group Meeting?
4. What does Harding's wife do when she comes to visit?
5. What has McMurphy's rebellious spirit caused the men of the ward to begin to do?
6. How does Chief describe the days in the ward?
7. How could Billy Bibbit be described?
8. When McMurphy rants about the state of affairs in the ward, how does Billy Bibbit respond?
9. Harding's wife comes to visit, causing everyone to see why she upsets him so much. What is McMurphy's reaction when Harding asks McMurphy his opinion of his wife?
10. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)