|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
(a) The victim's fingers get caught in the drain
(b) The victim was held underwater
(c) The victim hit his head
(d) The victim didn't know how to swim
2. Who explodes irrationally at Harding?
(d) Nurse Ratched
3. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
(a) Being a predator
(b) Being a lost cause
(c) Being a psychopath
(d) Being a cannibal
4. What did Chief Bromden's father do when he realized he could not beat the system?
(a) Protested the arrangement
(b) Killed himself
(c) Learned to work with it
(d) Left the tribe
5. What is the color on the coffee cup that Chief Bromden can't believe is really Nurse Ratched's lipstick?
Short Answer Questions
1. The majority of the men on the ward are not ________ cases.
2. Where did McMurphy come from?
3. Who else does Nurse Ratched count in the vote that makes the current vote NOT in favor of the World Series?
4. Are the men mad at McMurphy for his actions in #64's answer?
5. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the memories that the Chief recalls as the electroshock therapy hits him?
2. What has Chief Bromden been believing about McMurphy?
3. How could Billy Bibbit be described?
4. What happens when the Captain calls the number the McMurphy gives him in order to validate their liability agreement?
5. What does McMurphy receive from the doctor?
6. When the men begin to talk about McMurphy and the things he does, what does Harding remind the men of?
7. What does Nurse Ratched do during this meeting that unnerves the other people in the room?
8. While the men understand McMurphy's change in behavior, what tragic event occurs that makes the ward go back to its normal routine?
9. Why does Chief Bromden understand the sudden shift in McMurphy's behavior?
10. Why has Chief Broom been saving up gum?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)