|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the patients being tested for TB?
(a) They had to cough
(b) Chest x-rays
(c) Special MRIs
(d) Full exams
2. What is the diagnosis that the staff come to that they will put McMurphy into the Disturbed ward for?
(a) Schizophrenic reaction
(b) Negative Oedipal
(d) Sociopath with depressive tendencies
3. Who else does Nurse Ratched count in the vote that makes the current vote NOT in favor of the World Series?
(a) The Chronics
(b) The nurses
(c) The black boys
(d) The Disturbed patients
4. Harding and McMurphy banter to decide who the biggest ______________ is in the hospital.
(a) Bull goose loony
5. What are the men waiting around to do one Friday in the lab?
(a) Take their medications
(b) Get blood drawn
(c) Get tested for TB
(d) Break the windows
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
2. What does McMurphy compare the group meeting to?
3. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
4. For whom did Chief Bromden's father make the decision he did in #65?
5. Does McMurphy move the item in #40 as he says he can?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched do during this meeting that unnerves the other people in the room?
2. What is the cleaning crew of the mental hospital called?
3. Who is described as being alert and chipper, unlike other new admissions?
4. Which patients are the ones who have the highest likelihood of being cured?
5. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
6. Why doesn't Nurse Ratched want McMurphy sent to the Disturbed ward?
7. How could Billy Bibbit be described?
8. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
9. Why does Chief Bromden understand the sudden shift in McMurphy's behavior?
10. When McMurphy rants about the state of affairs in the ward, how does Billy Bibbit respond?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)