|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harding have that no other patient has?
(a) A large bank account
(b) Sociopathic tendencies
(c) A college diploma
2. Who is the one person who votes with McMurphy in favor of the World Series?
3. What is bothering McMurphy now that he has gotten his way?
(a) He thinks he has too much responsibility now
(b) He thinks it might have been too easy.
(c) He thinks he could do more.
(d) He thinks the other men are crazy
4. What is the diagnosis that the staff come to that they will put McMurphy into the Disturbed ward for?
(a) Schizophrenic reaction
(b) Negative Oedipal
(c) Sociopath with depressive tendencies
5. What did Chief Bromden's father do when he realized he could not beat the system?
(a) Left the tribe
(b) Killed himself
(c) Protested the arrangement
(d) Learned to work with it
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men waiting around to do one Friday in the lab?
2. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
3. What makes McMurphy question his actions?
4. How much does McMurphy bet the other men?
5. Does McMurphy move the item in #40 as he says he can?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the shaving of his head upset Chief Bromden?
2. What do the patients do when Nurse Ratched tells them to get away from the TV?
3. Why doesn't Nurse Ratched want McMurphy sent to the Disturbed ward?
4. How does McMurphy try to help Harding after the Group Meeting?
5. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
6. When McMurphy tries to get the men to agree to watch the World Series, the second vote yields more votes than the first, but why isn't it valid, according to Nurse Ratched?
7. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
8. How does Chief describe the days in the ward?
9. Which patients are the ones who have the highest likelihood of being cured?
10. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)