|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the novel begin?
2. What do the men do for an entire week when the World Series is supposed to be on?
(a) They play checkers
(b) They sit and stare at the blank TV
(c) They make a mess in the day room
(d) They scream and shout
3. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
(c) Billy Bibbit
4. What do the men begin to question as McMurphy continues to be rebellious?
(a) The logic of the rules at the hospital
(b) Nurse Ratched's uniforms
(c) McMurphy's motives
(d) Harding's plans
5. What takes place over the course of a few days in the ward?
(a) A silence
(b) A string of lobotomies
(c) A few new admits and releases
(d) A marathon Monopoly game
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched suggest has happened to McMurphy as he is singing in the hallway?
2. Who is completely silent during the meeting of the staff, at least at the beginning?
3. What is another name the patients have for EST?
4. What does McMurphy say the previous doctor he had diagnosed him with?
5. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched tell the young black men to do before breakfast?
2. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
3. What does Nurse Ratched do during this meeting that unnerves the other people in the room?
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
5. How does McMurphy try to help Harding after the Group Meeting?
6. While the men understand McMurphy's change in behavior, what tragic event occurs that makes the ward go back to its normal routine?
7. When Nurse Ratched tells McMurphy that he can not wear a towel when walking around in the ward, what does McMurphy do?
8. Why does Chief Bromden understand the sudden shift in McMurphy's behavior?
9. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
10. Why is Chief Bromden allowed to be in the meeting room when Nurse Ratched and the other members of the medical team are having a meeting?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)