|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chief Bromden think is speeding up time and then slowing it down?
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) The black boys
2. What does McMurphy do to get the attention of everyone?
(a) He screams
(b) He strips
(c) He punches he hand through the glass window
(d) He sings
3. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
(a) To the museum
(b) To a pizza parlor
(c) To the river
(d) To a swimming pool
4. What does Harding ask McMurphy after Harding's wife leaves?
(a) Whether she is as pretty as he thinks she is
(b) What McMurphy thinks of her
(c) Whether McMurphy will kill her
(d) Whether Harding should leave her
5. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Chief Bromden
(c) Nurse Ratched
(d) Billy Bibbit
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people vote for the World Series on the second vote?
2. What does Harding have that no other patient has?
3. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
4. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
5. Who is an epileptic?
Short Essay Questions
1. When McMurphy rants about the state of affairs in the ward, how does Billy Bibbit respond?
2. How could Billy Bibbit be described?
3. Why is Chief Bromden allowed to be in the meeting room when Nurse Ratched and the other members of the medical team are having a meeting?
4. What does Nurse Ratched do during this meeting that unnerves the other people in the room?
5. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
6. What is the punishment for the men after the incident in #3 takes place?
7. Who is described as being alert and chipper, unlike other new admissions?
8. Which patients are the ones who have the highest likelihood of being cured?
9. When Nurse Ratched tells McMurphy that he can not wear a towel when walking around in the ward, what does McMurphy do?
10. Why does Chief Bromden understand the sudden shift in McMurphy's behavior?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)