|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that he would never make his mark as the head man of the crappers?
2. What does the staff call McMurphy?
(a) A joy
(c) A person to manipulate
(d) A non-threat
3. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
(a) The victim's fingers get caught in the drain
(b) The victim was held underwater
(c) The victim hit his head
(d) The victim didn't know how to swim
4. What is the color on the coffee cup that Chief Bromden can't believe is really Nurse Ratched's lipstick?
5. What is one of McMurphy's nicknames?
(b) Ghengis Khan
(d) Towel man
Short Answer Questions
1. The day room is divided into how many sides?
2. What is EST, according to Harding?
3. Who finally raises their hand to help make for a majority?
4. What does McMurphy do when the World Series is on the next day?
5. Who says the men are not brave men like McMurphy is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could Billy Bibbit be described?
2. What causes Nurse Ratched to fly into a rage at the start of the novel?
3. What is the punishment for the men after the incident in #3 takes place?
4. What is the most surprising thing that McMurphy learns as they are waiting to be tested for TB?
5. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
6. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
7. Who is the narrator of the story?
8. When Nurse Ratched tells McMurphy that he can not wear a towel when walking around in the ward, what does McMurphy do?
9. When McMurphy rants about the state of affairs in the ward, how does Billy Bibbit respond?
10. What does Nurse Ratched do during this meeting that unnerves the other people in the room?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)