|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the novel begin?
2. What does McMurphy do to get the attention of everyone?
(a) He strips
(b) He punches he hand through the glass window
(c) He screams
(d) He sings
3. What are the men betting when they play cards?
(c) Poker chips
4. Harding and McMurphy banter to decide who the biggest ______________ is in the hospital.
(a) Bull goose loony
5. What does Harding have that no other patient has?
(b) Sociopathic tendencies
(c) A college diploma
(d) A large bank account
Short Answer Questions
1. What is McMurphy doing when Nurse Ratched comes in the morning?
2. Who explodes irrationally at Harding?
3. For whom did Chief Bromden's father make the decision he did in #65?
4. What does Nurse Ratched give to Chief Bromden to calm him?
5. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chief describe the days in the ward?
2. What do the patients do when Nurse Ratched tells them to get away from the TV?
3. What is the punishment for the men after the incident in #3 takes place?
4. What action does McMurphy take as a result of #29?
5. When McMurphy tries to get the men to agree to watch the World Series, the second vote yields more votes than the first, but why isn't it valid, according to Nurse Ratched?
6. While the men understand McMurphy's change in behavior, what tragic event occurs that makes the ward go back to its normal routine?
7. What has McMurphy's rebellious spirit caused the men of the ward to begin to do?
8. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
9. What is so special about Harding in relation to the rest of the patients on the ward?
10. Which patients are the ones who have the highest likelihood of being cured?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)