|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
(c) Billy Bibbit
(d) Chief Bromden
2. What does McMurphy do as a result of the swimming trip?
(a) Tries to escape
(b) Becomes even louder and more obnoxious
(c) Chokes Nurse Ratched
(d) Stops being loud and rebellious
3. What makes McMurphy question his actions?
(a) His conscience
(b) Being comitted for life
(d) A note from his mother
4. What does McMurphy declare that he wants?
(a) A book
(b) A woman
(c) A cigarette
(d) A drink
5. How many people vote for the World Series on the second vote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
2. What did Chief Bromden's father do when he realized he could not beat the system?
3. When does the novel begin?
4. Does the extra vote in #44 help McMurphy win a chance to see the World Series?
5. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does McMurphy take as a result of #29?
2. What causes Nurse Ratched to fly into a rage at the start of the novel?
3. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
4. How does McMurphy try to help Harding after the Group Meeting?
5. Which patients are the ones whose brains have been altered beyond repair from shock therapy and tranquilizers?
6. Which patients are the ones who have the highest likelihood of being cured?
7. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
8. Why does the shaving of his head upset Chief Bromden?
9. How could Billy Bibbit be described?
10. What is the most surprising thing that McMurphy learns as they are waiting to be tested for TB?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)