|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do until the lights go out in the ward?
(a) Play cards
(b) Stare at the walls
(c) Play basketball
(d) Watch TV
2. Who is the overall winner of the card game?
3. What does Nurse Ratched remind McMurphy of?
(a) The terms of his stay
(b) The rules
(c) His loud voice
(d) His mother
4. Where does Nurse Ratched go as the men are sitting in front of the TV in silent protest?
(a) To the meeting room
(c) To the medication locker
(d) To the bathroom
5. What do the men begin to question as McMurphy continues to be rebellious?
(a) McMurphy's motives
(b) Harding's plans
(c) The logic of the rules at the hospital
(d) Nurse Ratched's uniforms
Short Answer Questions
1. What is bothering McMurphy now that he has gotten his way?
2. What does McMurphy compare the group meeting to?
3. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
4. What does McMurphy do as a result of the swimming trip?
5. Who is the one person who votes with McMurphy in favor of the World Series?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cleaning crew of the mental hospital called?
2. Which patients are the ones who have the highest likelihood of being cured?
3. Why doesn't Nurse Ratched want McMurphy sent to the Disturbed ward?
4. Why is Chief Bromden allowed to be in the meeting room when Nurse Ratched and the other members of the medical team are having a meeting?
5. What is the punishment for the men after the incident in #3 takes place?
6. Which patients are the ones whose brains have been altered beyond repair from shock therapy and tranquilizers?
7. While the men understand McMurphy's change in behavior, what tragic event occurs that makes the ward go back to its normal routine?
8. What does Harding's wife do when she comes to visit?
9. Why does the shaving of his head upset Chief Bromden?
10. How does Chief describe the days in the ward?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)