|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does McMurphy bet the other men?
2. What is one of McMurphy's nicknames?
(c) Ghengis Khan
(d) Towel man
3. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
(d) Billy Bibbit
4. When does the novel begin?
5. What does Nurse Ratched reprimand McMurphy for not letting the aides do?
(a) Bathe him
(b) Take his valuables
(c) Give him medication
(d) Take him to another ward
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
2. What does Nurse Ratched fear the men will think of McMurphy if he is sent away?
3. Who is allowed to be the meetings with the staff?
4. To what has McMurphy dedicated his life, according to him?
5. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched do during this meeting that unnerves the other people in the room?
2. How does McMurphy try to help Harding after the Group Meeting?
3. Harding's wife comes to visit, causing everyone to see why she upsets him so much. What is McMurphy's reaction when Harding asks McMurphy his opinion of his wife?
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
5. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
6. Which patients are the ones who have the highest likelihood of being cured?
7. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
8. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
9. Why does the shaving of his head upset Chief Bromden?
10. How could the patients of the ward be described?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)