|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
(a) Card privileges
(d) Day passes
2. What does Nurse Ratched ask of the patients when she tells them about #76's punishment?
(a) If it's fair
(b) If it's something McMurphy enjoys
(c) If they can suggest something else more suitable
(d) If it's enough
3. What is EST, according to Harding?
(a) A new medication
(b) Eastern Standard Time
(c) The Disturbed ward
(d) Electro Shock Therapy
4. Who says the men are not brave men like McMurphy is?
(a) Billy Bibbit
(b) Nurse Ratched
5. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
(a) The EST
(b) The doctor
(c) The floors
(d) The Combine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is allowed to be the meetings with the staff?
2. Who are those whose brains have been altered beyond repair?
3. What does Nurse Ratched give to Chief Bromden to calm him?
4. Who finally raises their hand to help make for a majority?
5. What does the staff call McMurphy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chief Broom do to help save McMurphy from his new vegetative state?
2. What is the first rebellious act that Chief Broom commits?
3. What has Chief Bromden been believing about McMurphy?
4. When McMurphy and the Chief are taken to the Shock Shop, what does the Chief vow not to do?
5. What does McMurphy do when the night attendants come to Chief Broom's bed?
6. What is the punishment for the men after the incident in #3 takes place?
7. When McMurphy rants about the state of affairs in the ward, how does Billy Bibbit respond?
8. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
9. What does Nurse Ratched finally do in order to begin to topple the reign of McMurphy?
10. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)