|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The majority of the men on the ward are not ________ cases.
2. What does McMurphy do when the World Series is on the next day?
(a) Screams and argues
(b) Sits and watches the blank TV
(c) Talks to the doctor
3. What does Nurse Ratched ask of the patients when she tells them about #76's punishment?
(a) If it's enough
(b) If it's something McMurphy enjoys
(c) If it's fair
(d) If they can suggest something else more suitable
4. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
(c) Billy Bibbit
5. What does McMurphy do as a result of the swimming trip?
(a) Chokes Nurse Ratched
(b) Stops being loud and rebellious
(c) Becomes even louder and more obnoxious
(d) Tries to escape
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one who 'accidentally' drowns?
2. What does McMurphy say he will do to break out of the ward?
3. What is another name Chief Bromden uses for Nurse Ratched?
4. What takes place over the course of a few days in the ward?
5. Who is completely silent during the meeting of the staff, at least at the beginning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which patients are the ones who have the highest likelihood of being cured?
2. Harding's wife comes to visit, causing everyone to see why she upsets him so much. What is McMurphy's reaction when Harding asks McMurphy his opinion of his wife?
3. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
4. What does Nurse Ratched do during this meeting that unnerves the other people in the room?
5. What does Nurse Ratched tell the young black men to do before breakfast?
6. What is the cleaning crew of the mental hospital called?
7. How could Billy Bibbit be described?
8. Why does the shaving of his head upset Chief Bromden?
9. What is the most surprising thing that McMurphy learns as they are waiting to be tested for TB?
10. Which patients are the ones whose brains have been altered beyond repair from shock therapy and tranquilizers?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)