|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched ask of the patients when she tells them about #76's punishment?
(a) If they can suggest something else more suitable
(b) If it's fair
(c) If it's something McMurphy enjoys
(d) If it's enough
2. Why is Chief Bromden in the meeting room?
(a) To clean up
(b) To help the staff with their policies
(c) To represent the patients
(d) To spy
3. What is another name the patients have for EST?
(a) Electric Delight
(b) Shock Shop
(c) Quiet Buzz
(d) Brain Meltdown
4. Who does Chief Bromden recognize as doing the same thing that McMurphy does?
(a) Doctor Spivey
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) His own father
5. What does Nurse Ratched put away at the end of the meeting?
(a) A piece of gum
(b) A silver pen
(c) Her folder
(d) A paper
Short Answer Questions
1. The day room is divided into how many sides?
2. Harding and McMurphy banter to decide who the biggest ______________ is in the hospital.
3. What does the staff call McMurphy?
4. What does McMurphy finally suggest he will move to escape which makes the men bet against him?
5. What is Chief Bromden sensitive to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most surprising thing that McMurphy learns as they are waiting to be tested for TB?
2. How does McMurphy try to help Harding after the Group Meeting?
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
4. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
5. What is the punishment for the men after the incident in #3 takes place?
6. What has McMurphy's rebellious spirit caused the men of the ward to begin to do?
7. What do the patients do when Nurse Ratched tells them to get away from the TV?
8. What action does McMurphy take as a result of #29?
9. Who is described as being alert and chipper, unlike other new admissions?
10. Why does the shaving of his head upset Chief Bromden?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)