|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets up at the end of the Group Meeting, after being quiet the entire time?
(a) Chief Bromden
(b) Doctor Spivey
2. What is another name Chief Bromden uses for Nurse Ratched?
(a) Bossy Lady
(b) The Fog machine
(c) Big Nurse
(d) The Death
3. What is another name for the narrator of the story?
(c) Chief Broom
(d) Big Nurse
4. Why does Nurse Ratched do what she does in #56?
(a) She is actually quite weak
(b) She needs to get away
(c) She wants to make an example of the men
(d) She is biding her time
5. What does McMurphy do that flusters Nurse Ratched?
(a) Flirts with her
(b) Hits her
(c) Walks around in a towel
(d) Screams at her
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
2. Why is Chief Bromden in the meeting room?
3. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
4. Where does the staff want to send McMurphy?
5. What does Nurse Ratched ask of the patients when she tells them about #76's punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is described as being alert and chipper, unlike other new admissions?
2. Why is Chief Bromden allowed to be in the meeting room when Nurse Ratched and the other members of the medical team are having a meeting?
3. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
4. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
5. When Nurse Ratched tells McMurphy that he can not wear a towel when walking around in the ward, what does McMurphy do?
6. What is the most surprising thing that McMurphy learns as they are waiting to be tested for TB?
7. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
8. Harding's wife comes to visit, causing everyone to see why she upsets him so much. What is McMurphy's reaction when Harding asks McMurphy his opinion of his wife?
9. Why does the shaving of his head upset Chief Bromden?
10. How does Chief describe the days in the ward?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)