|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does McMurphy move the item in #40 as he says he can?
(c) He doesn't try
(d) He asks someone else to move it for him
2. What is bothering McMurphy now that he has gotten his way?
(a) He thinks he has too much responsibility now
(b) He thinks it might have been too easy.
(c) He thinks the other men are crazy
(d) He thinks he could do more.
3. Harding and McMurphy banter to decide who the biggest ______________ is in the hospital.
(a) Bull goose loony
4. Who is the young man with the speed impediment that makes him stutter?
(c) Billy Bibbit
5. What does McMurphy do when the World Series is on the next day?
(b) Screams and argues
(c) Sits and watches the blank TV
(d) Talks to the doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the narrator of the story?
2. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
3. What do the men begin to question as McMurphy continues to be rebellious?
4. What is the Chief constantly afraid will swallow him and the others up?
5. What have the men all found at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chief Bromden allowed to be in the meeting room when Nurse Ratched and the other members of the medical team are having a meeting?
2. After Nurse Ratched tells the men about their punishment (as described in the answer to #28), what does McMurphy declare out loud?
3. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
5. How does Chief describe the days in the ward?
6. What action does McMurphy take as a result of #29?
7. What changes McMurphy's mind about the way he has been acting on the ward?
8. What is the punishment for the men after the incident in #3 takes place?
9. Harding's wife comes to visit, causing everyone to see why she upsets him so much. What is McMurphy's reaction when Harding asks McMurphy his opinion of his wife?
10. When Nurse Ratched tells McMurphy that he can not wear a towel when walking around in the ward, what does McMurphy do?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)