|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nurse Ratched do what she does in #56?
(a) She wants to make an example of the men
(b) She needs to get away
(c) She is biding her time
(d) She is actually quite weak
2. What do Nurse Ratched and McMurphy battle about?
(a) The volume of the radio
(b) The food
(c) The decorating scheme
(d) The medication schedule
3. What does Nurse Ratched ask of the patients when she tells them about #76's punishment?
(a) If it's enough
(b) If they can suggest something else more suitable
(c) If it's fair
(d) If it's something McMurphy enjoys
4. What is taken away as a result of the World Series rebellions?
(b) Day passes
(c) Card privileges
5. What does Nurse Ratched reprimand McMurphy for not letting the aides do?
(a) Take his valuables
(b) Give him medication
(c) Take him to another ward
(d) Bathe him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McMurphy declare that he wants?
2. Where is the group of patients taken as an excursion trip?
3. Harding and McMurphy banter to decide who the biggest ______________ is in the hospital.
4. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
5. Who explodes irrationally at Harding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched tell the young black men to do before breakfast?
2. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
3. What does Nurse Ratched do during this meeting that unnerves the other people in the room?
4. Which patients are the ones whose brains have been altered beyond repair from shock therapy and tranquilizers?
5. What is the punishment for the men after the incident in #3 takes place?
6. How does Chief describe the days in the ward?
7. What does Harding's wife do when she comes to visit?
8. What action does McMurphy take as a result of #29?
9. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
10. What do the patients do when Nurse Ratched tells them to get away from the TV?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)