Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Chief Bromden's father make the decision he did in #65?
(a) A woman
(b) His friend
(c) His brother
(d) His family
2. Who is always the first patient out of bed?
(b) Billy Bibbit
(c) Chief Bromden
3. Who are the black boys?
(a) The morning cleaning crew
(c) The afternoon entertainment
4. How were the patients being tested for TB?
(a) Full exams
(b) They had to cough
(c) Special MRIs
(d) Chest x-rays
5. Who explodes irrationally at Harding?
(d) Nurse Ratched
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the novel begin?
2. How does the drowning happen, according to the explanation?
3. What does Nurse Ratched give to Chief Bromden to calm him?
4. What does Harding have that no other patient has?
5. Who joins McMurphy in the action of #46 first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special about Harding in relation to the rest of the patients on the ward?
2. What are some of the memories that the Chief recalls as the electroshock therapy hits him?
3. Harding's wife comes to visit, causing everyone to see why she upsets him so much. What is McMurphy's reaction when Harding asks McMurphy his opinion of his wife?
4. What does Harding's wife do when she comes to visit?
5. What does Chief Broom do to help save McMurphy from his new vegetative state?
6. What causes Nurse Ratched to fly into a rage at the start of the novel?
7. How will the men be punished for the rebellious behavior they exhibited during the World Series?
8. What does McMurphy see as his ticket out of the mental ward?
9. What does Nurse Ratched finally do in order to begin to topple the reign of McMurphy?
10. Who is described as being alert and chipper, unlike other new admissions?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)