|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the night attendant doing to the Chief's bed?
(a) Loosening the screws
(b) Taking it away
(c) Scraping gum off the bottom
(d) Moving it
2. What causes the second glass pane to break?
(a) An earthquake
(b) McMurphy's fist
(c) An accident
(d) The basketball
3. Finish this name: _________ George
(c) Big Headed
(d) Rub a dub
4. What does Nurse Ratched use to begin to take down McMurphy?
(a) A rumor
(b) Her feminine charm
(c) A punishment
(d) Negative group meeting sessions
5. What did Billy Bibbit stop writing in the log book, as the Acutes began to be stronger and more rebellious?
(a) His name
(b) His mother's name
(c) His observations
(d) His dreams
6. What does the Chief vow not to do?
(a) Scream or cry in front of McMurphy
(b) Walk away
(c) Close his eyes
(d) List to McMurphy again
7. Who begins to flirt with the nurses?
(c) Billy Bibbit
8. What does McMurphy want the item in #98 for?
(a) To smoke
(b) To get a better view
(c) To look nicer
(d) To see a 'twitch' he once knew
9. Who is the woman in the white t-shirt and Levis?
(b) Nurse Wilkins
(c) Big Nurse
10. Who does McMurphy appoint as the captain of the fishing trip?
(c) Mr. Sefert
11. Fill in the blank: 'When did they sneak that danged ________ in there? Why, that thing is a menace!"
(c) Control panel
12. What does McMurphy want to plan in the end?
(a) A prank on the nurses
(b) A send of for Nurse Ratched
(c) A trip to the pool
(d) A going away party
13. What does McMurphy throw to the Chief?
(a) A magazine
(b) A cigarette
(c) A pack fo chewing gum
(d) A book
14. What are the first words the Chief has spoken in years?
(a) Thank you
(c) That was silly
(d) You are a pain
15. Why does the class get broken?
(a) The day pass is vetoed
(b) It was an accident
(c) The patients are playing a game
(d) The building shakes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Never before did I realize that mental illness could have the aspect of power, power"?
2. Who cuts his throat with a tool he found in the doctor's office?
3. Where are McMurphy and Chief Bromden taken after the fight?
4. What has disappeared most obviously from Billy?
5. Who is convinced to come on the trip as well, helping to ensure the trip doesn't get canceled?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)