|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse Ratched use to begin to take down McMurphy?
(a) A punishment
(b) Her feminine charm
(c) Negative group meeting sessions
(d) A rumor
2. What does McMurphy do one last time after Nurse Ratched accuses him playing God?
(a) Asks for money
(d) Breaks the glass
3. Who is the 'big toothless knotty old Swede'?
4. What are the first words the Chief has spoken in years?
(a) That was silly
(c) You are a pain
(d) Thank you
5. Does Nurse Ratched punish McMurphy for the glass incident?
(a) She punishes another patient
(d) She reprimands him
6. Whose name has McMurphy added to the trip list?
(b) Chief Bromden's
7. Who is convinced to come on the trip as well, helping to ensure the trip doesn't get canceled?
(a) A custodian
(b) The black boys
(c) The doctor
(d) The nurse
8. Who says, "Never before did I realize that mental illness could have the aspect of power, power"?
(c) The doctor
9. What color is the soap that is used in the showers?
10. What do they not have enough of?
(b) Life jeckets
11. Why does the class get broken?
(a) It was an accident
(b) The day pass is vetoed
(c) The patients are playing a game
(d) The building shakes
12. Who begins to taunt George with the idea of the bugs he could have caught on the boat?
(c) Nurse Ratched
13. What's the name of the boat they rented?
(a) Candy's Craft
(b) The Bessie
(c) The Lark
(d) The Robin
14. What does the nurse in Disturbed say about Nurse Ratched?
(a) She should have retired years ago.
(b) She is right.
(c) She is the best nurse there is.
(d) She is the only one who cares.
15. Chief Bromden wonders how McMurphy has made him _______ again.
(c) A Chief
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a date with Candy Starr, as arranged by McMurphy?
2. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
3. What does Harding say will happen if he goes to the bathroom in the dark?
4. Who has spent the least amount of their money while in the ward?
5. What does Chief Bromden do as his first act of rebellion?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)