|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chief mumbles that the men are tired of seeing McMurphy "________ things."
2. What's the name of the boat they rented?
(a) The Bessie
(b) The Lark
(c) The Robin
(d) Candy's Craft
3. What does McMurphy get from the doctor?
(a) A basketball
(b) A day pass
(c) A key
(d) A book
4. What do both McMurphy and The Chief do with the answer to #159?
(a) Swallow them
(b) Refuse them
(c) Throw it down
(d) Chew on it
5. Chief Bromden wonders how McMurphy has made him _______ again.
(a) A Chief
6. Harding reminds the men that no one ever thought of McMurphy as a _________.
(a) Perfect man
7. What does Harding say will happen if he goes to the bathroom in the dark?
(a) He will hurt himself.
(b) He will fall asleep.
(c) He will have a better bowel movement.
(d) He will be tired.
8. Who does Nurse Ratched threaten Billy she will call?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(c) His brother
(d) His wife
9. Who comes up with the plan to try to keep the men from getting into trouble, but still allowing McMurphy to escape?
(b) Chief Bromden
(d) Mr. Sefert
10. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
(c) Chief Bromden
(d) Mr. Sefert
11. What does the Chief vow not to do?
(a) Walk away
(b) List to McMurphy again
(c) Close his eyes
(d) Scream or cry in front of McMurphy
12. Who is the night warden?
(b) Mr. Temple
(c) Mr. Turkle
13. What has Nurse Ratched ordered for all those who went on the boat trip?
(a) A medication
(b) A shot
(c) A shower
(d) A nap
14. What has disappeared most obviously from Billy?
(a) His stutter
(b) His money
(c) His hair
(d) His shyness
15. What does Frederickson suggest to mix the vodka with?
(d) Cough syrup
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shocks is McMurphy given?
2. Who has spent the least amount of their money while in the ward?
3. What does McMurphy want the item in #98 for?
4. Who is the patient who has boating experience?
5. Who says, "Never before did I realize that mental illness could have the aspect of power, power"?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)