|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does McMurphy appoint as the captain of the fishing trip?
(a) Mr. Sefert
2. Who stands a head taller than anyone else on the ward?
(a) Nurse Ratched
(b) The Chief
(d) Billy Bibbit
3. Why doesn't Chief have any money?
(a) He gives it away
(b) He likes to smoke a lot
(c) He gambles it all
(d) He is an Indigent
4. What's the name of the boat they rented?
(a) Candy's Craft
(b) The Lark
(c) The Bessie
(d) The Robin
5. Who kills McMurphy in the end, suffocating him with a pillow?
(c) Mr. Sefert
(d) Chief Bromden
6. What does McMurphy ask if the Chief can do?
(b) Run fast
(c) Lift the metal panel
(d) Choke Nurse Ratched
7. What causes the delay of the trip?
(a) A fight in the ward
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) Bad weather
(d) Only one of McMurphy's friends show up
8. What does the nurse in Disturbed say about Nurse Ratched?
(a) She should have retired years ago.
(b) She is the only one who cares.
(c) She is right.
(d) She is the best nurse there is.
9. Who is convinced to come on the trip as well, helping to ensure the trip doesn't get canceled?
(a) The nurse
(b) A custodian
(c) The black boys
(d) The doctor
10. What does the nurse give to McMurphy?
(a) A cigarette
(b) Her phone number
(c) A glass of water
(d) A piece of paper
11. Who is the night warden?
(a) Mr. Temple
(d) Mr. Turkle
12. What has Nurse Ratched ordered for all those who went on the boat trip?
(a) A medication
(b) A nap
(c) A shot
(d) A shower
13. What has disappeared most obviously from Billy?
(a) His hair
(b) His stutter
(c) His shyness
(d) His money
14. Who does McMurphy want to see?
(c) Candy Starr
(d) His dad
15. Who has spent the least amount of their money while in the ward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Never before did I realize that mental illness could have the aspect of power, power"?
2. Whose name is the last name of Chief Bromden?
3. Who is the 'big toothless knotty old Swede'?
4. Who is the patient who doesn't like to use soap?
5. Who used to be a football player?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)