|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts his throat with a tool he found in the doctor's office?
(d) Billy Bibbit
2. What's the name of the boat they rented?
(a) The Robin
(b) The Lark
(c) The Bessie
(d) Candy's Craft
3. What does the Chief vow not to do?
(a) List to McMurphy again
(b) Close his eyes
(c) Walk away
(d) Scream or cry in front of McMurphy
4. What does the nurse give to McMurphy?
(a) Her phone number
(b) A piece of paper
(c) A glass of water
(d) A cigarette
5. What causes the delay of the trip?
(a) Bad weather
(b) Nurse Ratched
(c) Only one of McMurphy's friends show up
(d) A fight in the ward
6. Who does McMurphy appoint as the captain of the fishing trip?
(d) Mr. Sefert
7. What is McMurphy's punishment for the action in #178?
(c) A stern reprimand
8. What does Harding say will happen if he goes to the bathroom in the dark?
(a) He will have a better bowel movement.
(b) He will hurt himself.
(c) He will be tired.
(d) He will fall asleep.
9. Who is the patient who has boating experience?
10. Who is still a hero in the men's eyes?
(a) Chief Bromden
(c) Doctor Spivey
11. What does the Chief feel the urge to do when McMurphy begins to sing a silly song?
(a) Hit him
(b) Sing along
12. Who does Nurse Ratched threaten Billy she will call?
(a) His wife
(b) His mother
(c) His brother
(d) His father
13. What do both McMurphy and The Chief do with the answer to #159?
(a) Refuse them
(b) Throw it down
(c) Swallow them
(d) Chew on it
14. What is the night attendant doing to the Chief's bed?
(a) Scraping gum off the bottom
(b) Moving it
(c) Taking it away
(d) Loosening the screws
15. Who stands a head taller than anyone else on the ward?
(a) The Chief
(b) Billy Bibbit
(d) Nurse Ratched
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy Bibbit stop writing in the log book, as the Acutes began to be stronger and more rebellious?
2. What does McMurphy bet that Chief Bromden can do?
3. How many shocks is McMurphy given?
4. What does Nurse Ratched use to begin to take down McMurphy?
5. What are the Chief and McMurphy handed before they go to EST?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)