|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McMurphy do after the event in #177?
(a) Chokes Nurse Ratched
(b) Kills himself
2. What does McMurphy want to plan in the end?
(a) A trip to the pool
(b) A send of for Nurse Ratched
(c) A going away party
(d) A prank on the nurses
3. What does the Chief vow not to do?
(a) List to McMurphy again
(b) Close his eyes
(c) Scream or cry in front of McMurphy
(d) Walk away
4. What does McMurphy ask Nurse Ratched for?
(a) A new room
(b) A cigarette
(c) A new outfit
(d) A day pass
5. Who says, "Never before did I realize that mental illness could have the aspect of power, power"?
(a) The doctor
6. Whose name is the last name of Chief Bromden?
(a) It's made up
(b) His father's last name
(c) His mother's last name
(d) A stranger's
7. When the Captain calls the number McMurphy gives him, what is he really calling?
(a) A hospital
(b) A brothel
(c) A convenience store
(d) The pay phone down the street
8. Where does McMurphy say the men are traveling to when the gas attendant tries to charge extra for the gas?
(b) San Quentin
(c) A new facility
(d) The loony bin
9. Who constantly sticks up for McMurphy?
(a) Billy Bibbit
(b) Nurse Ratched
(d) The doctor
10. What is the color of the patients' uniforms?
11. Who is the patient who doesn't like to use soap?
12. What does McMurphy bet that Chief Bromden can do?
(a) Lift the panel
(b) Kill a patient
(c) Run away
(d) Stand up to Nurse Ratched
13. What does Harding say will happen if he goes to the bathroom in the dark?
(a) He will be tired.
(b) He will fall asleep.
(c) He will have a better bowel movement.
(d) He will hurt himself.
14. Why does the class get broken?
(a) The day pass is vetoed
(b) It was an accident
(c) The patients are playing a game
(d) The building shakes
15. What is the name the Chief uses to describe both the hospital administration and the government?
(a) The Combine
(b) The Vegetables
(c) The Ruthless
(d) The White Man
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the basketball go after #106?
2. Who helps McMurphy beat up the aides?
3. What causes the delay of the trip?
4. What is the night attendant doing to the Chief's bed?
5. Who is the patient who has boating experience?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)